• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yes , I simply go with the mindset that there will be no leaks. Because real leaks aren't a guarantee at all.

The only direct leaks were Stage Builder and the SNK trademark , stuff that Nintendo themselves leaked. (At least for DLC , nobody predicted Joker and Byleth , Hero's Seven Squares was quite the complicated mess , and BK only got circonstancial stuff adding up for him.)
Hence why I don't expect any leaks of any kind right now , even if they could happen.

And well , it's not like we're in a bad spot either , we have a lot going for us. Leaks or not.
Well, that's a better answer at least. (The bolded part, no sarcasm there)

Still, I did not say the leaks had to be now, or perhaps even soon. Just eventually. I do believe leaks will happen sometime now that Sakurai is working from home.

But in a way, I don't like the leaks in terms of the leakers giving those leaks. Knowing before everyone else is unfair, and those leakers do seem to want to get attention by leaking.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I really hope we don't get leaks. Not only has Sakurai said in the past how rewarding it is to surprise people with reveals and how much he hates leaks, but it ruins the hype of the announcement if the character is one I want. In particular, Ridley would have been much more exciting if not for the leak. It really sucked to be just waiting for the announcement of my most wanted instead of being surprised. Leaks are the worst.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
With them switching over to a remote style work setup leaks are more likely to happen now.
Hopefully people don’t take advantage, but this might end up turning into a big issue for a lot of companies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
With them switching over to a remote style work setup leaks are more likely to happen now.
Hopefully people don’t take advantage, but this might end up turning into a big issue for a lot of companies.
I seriously doubt it. Nintendo did a good job of keeping the fact we're getting an ARMS fighter under wraps, and I'm pretty sure they made that clear to the employees going back home for a while.

D

Deleted member

I really hope we don't get leaks. Not only has Sakurai said in the past how rewarding it is to surprise people with reveals and how much he hates leaks, but it ruins the hype of the announcement if the character is one I want. In particular, Ridley would have been much more exciting if not for the leak. It really sucked to be just waiting for the announcement of my most wanted instead of being surprised. Leaks are the worst.
This has always been a weird mindset to me because of the nature of leaks and speculation. Like, unless the draw of speculation to someone is rambling off baseless theories, there's something to be said for searching for genuine information... And this is gonna sound like some real "that guy" ****, but if it's a threat to your enjoyment of the reveal cycle then why even be a part of speculation to begin with? Any leak, even the 100% text leaks on /v/ have the potential of being real, and they're going to be discussed.

I look forward to leaks because it's something to talk about, think about, and ultimately if they turn out to be real, it's just a "wow the leak was right" reaction on top of the same reaction I would have had anyway. I think in a personal case, the SNK leak actually helped me be more okay with Terry than I would have been if he had been revealed blind. Even something like Cacomallow doesn't make me 100% certain that Geno's in and when he's revealed and that Mallow hat actually shows up, I'll be just as stoked.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
This has always been a weird mindset to me because of the nature of leaks and speculation. Like, unless the draw of speculation to someone is rambling off baseless theories, there's something to be said for searching for genuine information... And this is gonna sound like some real "that guy" ****, but if it's a threat to your enjoyment of the reveal cycle then why even be a part of speculation to begin with? Any leak, even the 100% text leaks on /v/ have the potential of being real, and they're going to be discussed.

I look forward to leaks because it's something to talk about, think about, and ultimately if they turn out to be real, it's just a "wow the leak was right" reaction on top of the same reaction I would have had anyway. I think in a personal case, the SNK leak actually helped me be more okay with Terry than I would have been if he had been revealed blind. Even something like Cacomallow doesn't make me 100% certain that Geno's in and when he's revealed and that Mallow hat actually shows up, I'll be just as stoked.
This. Plus I just want the band-aid to be ripped off sooner rather than later if Geno doesn't end up making it in, rather than having to wait for the end of 2021 to know whether he made it in or not.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

I enjoy speculation, but not leaks. I think that's reasonable. And it does help sometimes to have a surprise you don't want to happen leaked, I agree with you there. But imagine someone leaks Geno with pretty undeniable proof. Then it's just waiting for the reveal. It won't be nearly as exciting of a moment to see it actually pop up in a direct that way.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

I get what you mean , especially with the period we had before that mini direct.

My main issue with leaks come more from the fact that it put people's jobs under danger if they're not done carefully. Granted , if they want to leak , they should deal with the consequences if it doesn't end well. It's just that when we had stuff with the grinch leak when actual names of employees were revealed , that's kind of where I draw the line.
Leaks are a big part of speculation , you're right about that. Grinch leak , Sassy Geno , those sparked up so many discussions , as an example.

And as you said , not all real leaks are hard confirmations of everything , the cacomallow is a good proof of this. (If it's real , it could either mean a playable Geno and DoomGuy , or only one or the other , or just costumes)

D

Deleted member

I enjoy speculation, but not leaks. I think that's reasonable. And it does help sometimes to have a surprise you don't want to happen leaked, I agree with you there. But imagine someone leaks Geno with pretty undeniable proof. Then it's just waiting for the reveal. It won't be nearly as exciting of a moment to see it actually pop up in a direct that way.
I get where you're coming from, and this is all personal preference, anyway - in no way am I trying to convince you that you need to appreciate leaks. I will say that if I've ever seen a leak that is outright "undeniable", my brain isn't letting me remember it. Even something as damning as the ESRB leak left room for doubt (I believed it, but knew there was a chance that it was some high level video editing magic), and the oft cited artsyomni "Rayman leak" felt like peak BS to me yet so many people claim that it was near flawless. Then you have things like the 3DS Palutena leak where your leak is fake but the subject matter turns out real anyway.

I think for a leak to be absolutely irrefutable, Sakurai would have to be on 1080p video with audio playing Geno in a four way mirror match by himself with the gameplay in the same frame, on a totally new stage. Like... what could you do to deny that? Say it's a guy cosplaying Sakurai who sounds just like him playing a modded Smash 4 with Switch Pro Controllers all by himself? Sorry Genofriends, it's all just an elaborate setup!

At that point, though, I think the nature of the excitement becomes different, rather than disappears. That's just my take on it.

D

Deleted member

On my stance, Sakurai doesn’t want leaks and every company itself and I highly respect that. Leaks may not be a good thing for the development team as I think it will cause so much stress and somebody may get fired. Just my guess. These are the reasons why I shouldn’t really hope for leaks happening. But at the same time, I’m not that big of a fan for leaks, but for Smash DLC, all I want to know is that Geno is playable so I can get off this roller coaster and others too ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I suppose my stance on leaks is also that at this point I'd prefer just outright knowing about Geno sooner rather than later. If it's leaked that he's a character? Then I can finally let out this breath I've been holding for years. And if he got costumed again? It's the difference between somebody sending me a leak right now that confirms he's a costume, or waiting until the very end of Ultimate and Sakurai says, "And we have one final surprise for everyone - Due to popular demand, the Geno outfit has returned, this time with a Mallow outfit to match. Now he won't get lonely, right?" *studio laughs off-camera*

That's not the kind of surprise I want, and I know my reaction to it isn't the kind of reaction Sakurai would want.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I suppose my stance on leaks is also that at this point I'd prefer just outright knowing about Geno sooner rather than later. If it's leaked that he's a character? Then I can finally let out this breath I've been holding for years. And if he got costumed again? It's the difference between somebody sending me a leak right now that confirms he's a costume, or waiting until the very end of Ultimate and Sakurai says, "And we have one final surprise for everyone - Due to popular demand, the Geno outfit has returned, this time with a Mallow outfit to match. Now he won't get lonely, right?" *studio laughs off-camera*

That's not the kind of surprise I want, and I know my reaction to it isn't the kind of reaction Sakurai would want.
Exactly, plus I want off this roller-coaster. Rip the bandage off already.

Firox

Smash Master

Exactly. I honestly don't care who the information comes from as long as it comes sooner than later. To be honest, this radio silence BS on the part of Nintendo makes me feel like they deserve to get leaked. You wanna control information? THEN SIPHON OFF SOME FREAKING INFORMATION! Leaving FP2 with only half a reveal in 6 months is total bull, even from a marketing standpoint. There's really no logic to it that I can see.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I guess the thing about leaks are that they aren't really ever clearly real (some are obviously fake lol). Sure if Sakurai himself came out and said one of the 5 remaining fighters is Geno or from SMRPG then I could finally rest easy, but that's not what leaks are. I enjoy speculation and leaks can contribute to speculation positively (something Cacomallow has done really well) but often times they also stunt speculation entirely by preventing contrary thoughts and information from being considered at all (something that happened with Grinch leak at least to a degree). So as a result of that second point, I would just prefer no leaks.

My ultimate (pun intended) preference would be to know the franchise or maybe in some instances companies (like knowing Capcom instead of specifically DMC since that'd promote more speculation) but that is not going to happen so I'd prefer to just be surprised and speculate more openly like people used to do in Brawl when most anything seemed possible after Snake's reveal (not that I actually speculated back then but I remember just making huge lists of characters I thought would be awesome and I never thought about what party they were or how popular or relevant they were). I don't need people slapping me in the face with leaked information or dissecting my opinions when I just want to have fun like video games are supposed to be. I guess that's why I just have this concept that all characters have an equal chance and doubt leaks and just focus on wanting the characters I want. It's not an issue of one opinion being right or wrong it's just my opinion is that leaks rarely add anything substantive or valuable to speculation and since they're unprovable they're just not worth it (leaks like Cacomallow being an exception probably because it's a video).

D

Deleted member

Exactly. I honestly don't care who the information comes from as long as it comes sooner than later. To be honest, this radio silence BS on the part of Nintendo make me feel like they deserve to get leaked. You wanna control information? THEN SIPHON OFF SOME FREAKING INFORMATION! Leaving FP2 with only half a reveal in 6 months is total bull, even from a marketing standpoint. There's really no logic to it that I can see.
I get the logic when you have a season of DLC and you don't want to show it off all at once because by the time all of it comes out, people will have been expecting all of it since it was shown. The kind of talk it generates at that point is just among fans because the shock value of the complete content was expended upfront - essentially, by having your reveals spaced out, you're maximizing your viral advertising potential. You're also lessening the impact of certain aspects of the DLC compared to one another, for example:

Let's say we knew Fighters Pass 1 in its entirety the day Joker was shown. At the VGAs they just were upfront and Reggie said "so you see Joker tonight, but the Hero from Dragon Quest is coming down the pipes, and Banjo Kazooie, Terry Bogard and Byleth from the upcoming Fire Emblem Three Houses. We hope everyone enjoys all of the characters!"

For the remainder of the week the western internet would be ablaze with "BANJO KAZOOIE IS COMING TO SMASH BROS" while Japan would, for an equal amount of time, flip their **** about Dragon Quest. Here and there, some people would say something about Joker, Terry, and I'm sure there would be a lot of choice vocabulary regarding Byleth, the third Fire Emblem character "added" to Smash before their game released... but then it would just all die down, right there in the first few weeks of 2019. No one but Smash fans would care when the characters actually released, and we'd likely see one more wave of hype in the respective regions when Banjo and Hero released... but that'd be it.

The way it works now, a character, and as was proven with ARMS, the franchise itself will trend on Twitter for the remainder of the day regardless of how many people actually cared about them. Very obviously some of the best marketing you can get.

Granted - that doesn't make it good for us. Far from it, honestly. Unfortunately, I think the only thing that will change up how Nintendo decides to go about their scheduling is to see that it is negatively impacting their bottom line... and I mean, are you gonna stop buying Nintendo games because they don't tell you about them when you'd like to know? Are you gonna not buy Geno because they waited until June?

Unrelated to all of this but a reminder that it takes approximately 8 months to one year to fully develop a character and June 4 will be 8 months since Cacomallow.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I get the logic when you have a season of DLC and you don't want to show it off all at once because by the time all of it comes out, people will have been expecting all of it since it was shown. The kind of talk it generates at that point is just among fans because the shock value of the complete content was expended upfront - essentially, by having your reveals spaced out, you're maximizing your viral advertising potential. You're also lessening the impact of certain aspects of the DLC compared to one another, for example:

Let's say we knew Fighters Pass 1 in its entirety the day Joker was shown. At the VGAs they just were upfront and Reggie said "so you see Joker tonight, but the Hero from Dragon Quest is coming down the pipes, and Banjo Kazooie, Terry Bogard and Byleth from the upcoming Fire Emblem Three Houses. We hope everyone enjoys all of the characters!"

For the remainder of the week the western internet would be ablaze with "BANJO KAZOOIE IS COMING TO SMASH BROS" while Japan would, for an equal amount of time, flip their **** about Dragon Quest. Here and there, some people would say something about Joker, Terry, and I'm sure there would be a lot of choice vocabulary regarding Byleth, the third Fire Emblem character "added" to Smash before their game released... but then it would just all die down, right there in the first few weeks of 2019. No one but Smash fans would care when the characters actually released, and we'd likely see one more wave of hype in the respective regions when Banjo and Hero released... but that'd be it.

The way it works now, a character, and as was proven with ARMS, the franchise itself will trend on Twitter for the remainder of the day regardless of how many people actually cared about them. Very obviously some of the best marketing you can get.

Granted - that doesn't make it good for us. Far from it, honestly. Unfortunately, I think the only thing that will change up how Nintendo decides to go about their scheduling is to see that it is negatively impacting their bottom line... and I mean, are you gonna stop buying Nintendo games because they don't tell you about them when you'd like to know? Are you gonna not buy Geno because they waited until June?

Unrelated to all of this but a reminder that it takes approximately 8 months to one year to fully develop a character and June 4 will be 8 months since Cacomallow.
To be fair, he does have a point about it though. The second pass was confirmed in September of 2019 and we were given a psuedo-reveal half a year later. That is a stark difference from Joker, who was revealed a bit more than a month later. They could have definitely done what they did with Joker but I can also understand why they wouldn't, especially if this character could be a game changer for speculation.

Obviously you shouldn't announce the whole pass at once but that's clearly not what he was saying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, he does have a point about it though. The second pass was confirmed in September of 2019 and we were given a psuedo-reveal half a year later. That is a stark difference from Joker, who was revealed a bit more than a month later. They could have definitely done what they did with Joker but I can also understand why they wouldn't, especially if this character could be a game changer for speculation.
The only thing I hope is that this is a one time deal, telling us the franchise the character is from and not just giving us the character. Imagine what the world is gonna look like if they make us wait until September and tell us "the next character is from Super Mario"

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
The only thing I hope is that this is a one time deal, telling us the franchise the character is from and not just giving us the character. Imagine what the world is gonna look like if they make us wait until September and tell us "the next character is from Super Mario"
We need a parody of "The Usual Suspects" with Geno, Waluigi, Toad, Goomba, and Fawful all lined up.
p16422_v_v8_ah.jpg

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
My opinion on leaks is that they generally are bad for everyone. But for Geno specifically, I'd rather know sooner than later given how long we've waited.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
In my honest opinions the leaks are something that affects sakurai and nintendo but i always read, watched or hear it (Depending the case) due i am a EXTREMELY impatient guy, so i watch leaks i can know what we re getting or what we should expect

Polarthief

Smash Lord
(Also nobody but me remembers or wants Wart...)
Quick, make a moveset for a big frog that doesn't exist* that does nothing but pace back and forth spitting bubbles at you!

* In the Mario universe. IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD LUIGI MARIO

PS: I'm not necessarily saying Wart shouldn't be in, but I don't think people really care, plus unlike all the now-staples of the Mario series that Doki Doki Panic Mario 2/USA brought to the Mushroom Kingdom (seriously, it's fascinating to remind ourselves just how many characters from a NON-MARIO GAME are staples!), Wart sadly hasn't made a return.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Quick, make a moveset for a big frog that doesn't exist* that does nothing but pace back and forth spitting bubbles at you!

* In the Mario universe. IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD LUIGI MARIO

PS: I'm not necessarily saying Wart shouldn't be in, but I don't think people really care, plus unlike all the now-staples of the Mario series that Doki Doki Panic Mario 2/USA brought to the Mushroom Kingdom (seriously, it's fascinating to remind ourselves just how many characters from a NON-MARIO GAME are staples!), Wart sadly hasn't made a return.
Well, that may be true, but not appearing in any game for a long time won't stop any character from making it in Smash (like K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie, not counting the latter's appearance in that Sonic Racing game), nor will appearing in one game (like Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt, not counting appearances in games like Smash Brothers.) will stop any character from getting in. I am not saying Wart has a chance, but he is not held back by the things you said. Plus, for the spitting bubbles thing, Sakurai could make up new moves for Wart that he did not have before like he did with other characters like Duck Hunt.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Well, that may be true, but not appearing in any game for a long time won't stop any character from making it in Smash (like K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie, not counting the latter's appearance in that Sonic Racing game), nor will appearing in one game (like Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt, not counting appearances in games like Smash Brothers.) will stop any character from getting in.
Oh I never said being irrelevant matters or not *looks at everyone who got in, plus Geno*, and the one move thing was more or less in jest *looks at Pit*, but he's not nearly as popular as the other irrelevant characters and it would be really weird to see him make a return like that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh I never said being irrelevant matters or not *looks at everyone who got in, plus Geno*, and the one move thing was more or less in jest *looks at Pit*, but he's not nearly as popular as the other irrelevant characters and it would be really weird to see him make a return like that.
Yeah, but we have characters who were at best, not known or lack popularity, get in the game like Ice Climbers and maybe ROB. Plus, popularity can't be the only thing that allows a character to get into Smash Bros., right?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Yeah, but we have characters who were at best, not known or lack popularity, get in the game like Ice Climbers and maybe ROB. Plus, popularity can't be the only thing that allows a character to get into Smash Bros., right?
True, but as another DLC slot? I don't see that happening. Every DLC pick so far (except Plant but that was a bonus that technically barely missed base) has been either popular/requested or pushing something. BK and Terry (apparently?) were popular. Byleth was pushing. Joker and DQ Heroes were both. ARMS is likely pushing to bring back the first game (or push for a sequel reveal?) and was also still a "why wasn't one in base?" pick. Wart is neither of these things and makes for a better base pick.

Hell looking at Sm4sh DLC newcomers as well, you'll see the same pattern of Popular/Requested or Pushing Advertisements:
- Street Fighter (Ryu) was a no brainer to add as the series' legacy started on SNES. While I barely looked at Sm4sh stuff in the Brawl/4 times, I'm sure Ryu has been requested for awhile. As a bonus for Capcom, they were also pushing SF5.
- Do I even need to speak of Cloud's popularity?
- Corrin is the obvious shill pick that no one gives a crap about, but like I said, DLC characters are popular/requested or advertisements. Corrin's obviously the latter.
- Bayonetta was added because of the ballot so that's also a no brainer on popularity.

Wart doesn't have the popularity nor the advertisement to work as a premium/paid DLC. If he came as an extra, maybe? But he fits so much better as a base character, should Sakurai want to add him in Smash 6, if Sakurai's even working on it or if there will even be one.

PS: Obs those are just patterns that can be broken like fan-rules. I'm not saying Wart *can't* happen, but Nintendo's a business and why would they choose a character who isn't popular and doesn't push an advertisement (i.e., doesn't make them more money) over characters that are (and would make way more money), y'know?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
True, but as another DLC slot? I don't see that happening. Every DLC pick so far (except Plant but that was a bonus that technically barely missed base) has been either popular/requested or pushing something. BK and Terry (apparently?) were popular. Byleth was pushing. Joker and DQ Heroes were both. ARMS is likely pushing to bring back the first game (or push for a sequel reveal?) and was also still a "why wasn't one in base?" pick. Wart is neither of these things and makes for a better base pick.

Hell looking at Sm4sh DLC newcomers as well, you'll see the same pattern of Popular/Requested or Pushing Advertisements:
- Street Fighter (Ryu) was a no brainer to add as the series' legacy started on SNES. While I barely looked at Sm4sh stuff in the Brawl/4 times, I'm sure Ryu has been requested for awhile. As a bonus for Capcom, they were also pushing SF5.
- Do I even need to speak of Cloud's popularity?
- Corrin is the obvious shill pick that no one gives a crap about, but like I said, DLC characters are popular/requested or advertisements. Corrin's obviously the latter.
- Bayonetta was added because of the ballot so that's also a no brainer on popularity.

Wart doesn't have the popularity nor the advertisement to work as a premium/paid DLC. If he came as an extra, maybe? But he fits so much better as a base character, should Sakurai want to add him in Smash 6, if Sakurai's even working on it or if there will even be one.

PS: Obs those are just patterns that can be broken like fan-rules. I'm not saying Wart *can't* happen, but Nintendo's a business and why would they choose a character who isn't popular and doesn't push an advertisement (i.e., doesn't make them more money) over characters that are (and would make way more money), y'know?
Surprises like Wart shouldn't be a problem. I mean, we have had characters like Bayonetta, who, while not lacking as much popularity as Wart, was still unexpected. I mean, another unexpected pick like Wart for DLC shouldn't be that bad. I mean, there were those who wanted the witch in, but by the time she was revealed, she was still unexpected of all things, which makes it a surprise. Plus, Wart is a retro character, and we don't really have a Nintendo retro character for Smash Bros. Ultimate, do we? I mean, we could have gotten Mach Rider, but no. I know there may not be retro characters from existing franchises like Mario yet, BUT who says it can't happen? I mean, I want Captain Syrup from the Wario Land games, but she is practically on the same boat as Wart, despite being in a game called Wario Land: Shake It, which is more recent. Just because they are not popular doesn't mean they are bad DLC picks.

Still, I wasn't talking about just DLC, I meant either base game or DLC.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Just because they are not popular doesn't mean they are bad DLC picks.
I actually disagree completely, unless you want more Corrins and Byleths. Wart would be alright but get a very lukewarm "Ooooooookaaaay...?" kind of reaction, mostly similar to Terry but probably worse. It's a lose-lose for everyone because as customers, we don't get an exciting pick and Nintendo makes less money from both sales and the fact that the character isn't an advertisement. Even Terry has a following while you don't see the same for the big toad man.

Surprises like Wart shouldn't be a problem.
Surprises aren't inherently a problem. I mean take one look at the Joker reactions and speculation since Joker got in. Wart doesn't... really add much to the table.

I meant either base game or DLC.
Which is totally fine and should we run out of big picks, I could see Wart getting in... eventually... maybe by Smash 8 or so. I just think there's too many big requests on the table still. I feel like if he got in as a DLC pick, people would be pretty upset their popular picks like Shadow or Isaac didn't get in instead. Like if Wart got in as a DLC before Geno, I'd feel pretty crushed TBH since he's not a popular nor ad pick. Characters like these just don't make for great DLC picks.

But I think we've talked about Wart enough and he doesn't relate to Geno in any way so let's move on from this.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I actually disagree completely, unless you want more Corrins and Byleths. Wart would be alright but get a very lukewarm "Ooooooookaaaay...?" kind of reaction, mostly similar to Terry but probably worse. It's a lose-lose for everyone because as customers, we don't get an exciting pick and Nintendo makes less money from both sales and the fact that the character isn't an advertisement. Even Terry has a following while you don't see the same for the big toad man.
Oh, I don't think Wart would be anywhere near the level of being as bad as Corrin and Byleth. You are making Wart sound like his reveal would be worse than he actually is. It can't be that bad.

So, what else Geno related have we not talked about, guys?

EDIT: By the way, let me remind you that Corrin and Byleth are from Fire Emblem, who are from Fire Emblem, which may be a different case from other franchises since it is known for having too many reps already.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For the spirits argument, I’m not sure if this was brought up, but there is a common argument mentioning, “Spirits are characters who lost their physical forms and can’t return to their worlds except fighters.” They’re ignoring the fact, that you can literally release spirits back to their world and hence the true ending is called “Restoration.” The spirits are freed and able to return to their worlds. I highly doubt that they are dead and remain spirits permanently. If they really care about the lore, which I highly doubt because Sakurai himself said it’s more about fun, the trailers don’t even need to be related to the WoL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
For the spirits argument, I’m not sure if this was brought up, but there is a common argument mentioning, “Spirits are characters who lost their physical forms and can’t return to their worlds except fighters.” They’re ignoring the fact, that you can literally release spirits back to their world and hence the true ending is called “Restoration.” The spirits are freed and able to return to their worlds. I highly doubt that they are dead and remain spirits permanently. If they really care about the lore, which I highly doubt because Sakurai himself said it’s more about fun, the trailers don’t even need to be related to the WoL.
It'd be interesting if they did a CG Trailer post World of Light. It'd definitely be a departure and a special occasion for Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom