• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Would a regular Direct come soon after this? If I recall correctly, regular Directs do come soon after Mini-DIrects,

T2by4

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
>An ARMS rep
>have to wait 3 months to hear more about them

Congrats to the two people that wanted an ARMS rep. Really starting off this season pass strong, huh?

Attachments

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Is Nintendo on crack right now just announcing a Direct here and now and just started streaming it immediately saying: "It's here kids go play!" Lol!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Ugh... Neat an ARMS rep (felt like they should have been in base game), but this direct was massively disappointing. Guess all the interesting rumors were just that, or they're holding them for June. Hopefully it at least won't be Spring Man? If it is though, that was a very unexpected "AT/spirits/etc don't deconfirm" pick.

Whelp, see you guys in 3 months.

D

Deleted member

People, don't you get the great thing of having an Arms rep?

That means spirits don't deconfirm!!!

It is great news for us!!!

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Well uh... I personnaly like Spring Man , and I'm glad we got an assist upgrade. But they litteraly have nothing to show... ? Like...

I dunno , they abandonned ARMS for 2 years , put an AT , do no update... And then Nintendo change his mind and add an ARMS fighter ? I mean , once again , I like Spring Man , so it's fine by me.
It's just such a weird reveal.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Ugh... Neat an ARMS rep (felt like they should have been in base game), but this direct was massively disappointing. Guess all the interesting rumors were just that, or they're holding them for June. Hopefully it at least won't be Spring Man? If it is though, that was a very unexpected "AT/spirits/etc don't deconfirm" pick.

Whelp, see you guys in 3 months.
Maybe Spring Man is the Assist Trophy upgrade and not Waluigi xD

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I'd hate to be that guy, but this is Nintendo.

Nintendo: Okay, we gave you your friggin' Direct! Will you leave us alone now? We have work to do!

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I dunno about you guys, but an Arms character is far more exciting then Byleth by comparison. But now that means Geno can get his own spotlight at E3 or later.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
What makes me worried about the Arms character though is this. Right on cue after they revealed Arms being the next DLC character, they announced the free trial. It¨s like they want to push that game all the sudden.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Truth be told , they probably are keeping more for June , and will do something like :

Gameplay reveal of Spring Man + Second fighter reveal.

It look like they want to push ARMS , but if they want that to work , they need to update the game. At least , they're trying to promote an IP that need it , and add a character that would bring something very unique.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
But It is still a great and wonderful point in our favour.
It's not unless it's specifically any of the spirits or Spring Man. I'd be stoked (but still disappointed in an ARMS rep for paid DLC and not base) if it was Ribbon Girl or Twintelle, but this is still pretty disappointing overall. This isn't a Byleth pick, but I'd argue it's on par with Terry or worse.

What makes me worried about the Arms character though is this. Right on cue after they revealed Arms being the next DLC character, they announced the free trial. It¨s like they want to push that game all the sudden.
It look like they want to push ARMS
Which is why it feels more like a shill pick, but one I'm not as pissed off about.

but if they want that to work , they need to update the game.
Hopefully they will, or that would look really, really stupid on their part.

we dont know if its spring man or any of the spirits yet so dont count those chickens yet
Also this, which is why I'm not updating the evidence post til we specifically know it's Spring Man or any of the other spirits: Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, Ninjara, or Min Min. If it's not any of those 5, there's no concrete evidence that spirits deconfirm. HOWEVER, this does rip a hole in any spirit EVENTS deconfirming, which means we absolutely could get a Resident Evil or Gen 8 Pokemon rep for example. We also could get Ring Fit Trainer...
Edit: Spring Man and Ribbon Girl also make Mii Costumes no longer deconfirmable, so we could possibly see someone like Altair or a Rabbid joining.

Honestly, unless this was because of people being disappointed about Spring Man being an AT, I'm not liking the look of this FP right now. Even if they give us a Spirit promotion, it still doesn't look good to start off with a shill pick. Sakurai said they made FP2 because they truly are extra characters. Was there a huge demand for an ARMS fighter? I really don't feel like there was.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It looks like the snow globe Assist Trophy fan rule has finally been broken. Isaac, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Skull Kid, Krystal, ect are all back on the table I suppose.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I guess we really did get a Nintendo character for #6, and one that broke pretty much every rule

Neat

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
On one hand, ARMS isn't terribly interesting to me.
On the other, the idea that most of the most popular characters from the game are Spirits or ATs, and that this character may be spirit upgrade, does give me hope.
On a third hand, the entirely realistic concept that it's an advertisement for ARMS 2 and is a whole new character is... deflating

T2by4

Smash Lord
It looks like the snow globe Assist Trophy fan rule has finally been broken. Isaac, Bomberman, Shovel Knight, Skull Kid, Krystal, ect are all back on the table I suppose.
But that's literally not true yet. We don't know who it is and it could be anyone, including those not an AT or spirit.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
RIP Waluigi I guess, though I’m glad that Spirits might be potentially forever deconfirmed so I’m happy that Geno has even more of a chance then he did before.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
But that's literally not true yet. We don't know who it is and it could be anyone, including those not an AT or spirit.
Then it would still break the "no side characters" nonsense fan rule

either way we win

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Wow! Didn't expect that one, pretty excited for the character anyhow though, whoever it is (I'd personally like MinMin but either way it sounds fun). I also think it spells good things that the first fighter is a 1st party. As well as a lot of them being Spirits!

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
Not to be negative but...that Direct was....interesting.

I do think it bodes well for us Genobros that an ARMS character is coming (as most are spirits/ATs) so I guess that’s the silver lining to this all.

the rest of the direct was a snoozefest...Bravely Default 2 looked oddly...disappointing.

Xenoblade looked awesome though.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

To be honest , this is the most in the face and "quick , we have to show something !" Smash reveal I ever saw.
They didn't even do some kind of build-up with like , the main ARMS theme fading in to give some kind of suspense.
Once again , I like Spring Man and ARMS , so it's fine by me.

It's just that honestly , they would have been better doing a double reveal during a E3 direct.
They have nothing to show , tell us to wait for June , and that's it.

Like... Imagine that for Joker. Like , Reggie during the game awards telling "We're adding Joker from Persona 5 folks. Thank you." And no trailer.

It give me the bad vibe that they made this pass with "leftover money".

Granted , maybe it's just a one time thing , and they'll go all out at E3.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Well that was disappointing since I have no interest in Arms, and we really won't know until June whether or not this has any effect on Geno's chances.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Currently Arms has Five Spirits, an Assist Trophy, and two Mii Fighter costumes.

ArmsSp.JPG

Now out of these, I think Spring Man, Twintelle, and Min Min all have extremely likely odds of being thrown in. Personally, Spring Man would be so great as he would shatter every fan rule imaginable.

However, if I am willing to make any claim of who Sakurai could be looking at as an ARMS character, it could be Helix or Kid Cobra. Which any ARMS characters that is not from this list would actually only enforce the fact that Spirits might be set in stone to only appearing as Spirits. But let's hope we hear something soon!

We'll know our fate soon enough.

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
So 6 is an Arms character. Not my first pick but it I'm happy for the fans. What's interesting about this is that:
- It solidifies 1st parties can happen in the Pass
- If it ends up being Spring Man, it pretty much debunks the idea that Mii Costumes, Spirits, and Assist Trophies can't be upgraded which would be huge for fan favorites
- No one expected it I don't think. This never got leaked. Makes me wonder if most of the Pass will be similar to this

Guess we'll see in June

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, an ARMS rep basically rules out any additional Nintendo picks for the pass. It's a nice surprise to get a rep that's from a newer IP at least. The question is who, and whether or not we'll see the next character revealed in June.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Do you think it's going to be like Bowser Jr with the ARMs characters?
That'd be interesting. I could see it being various characters of the same body types as skins and it's no singular Arms character.

Although I could see even if they do have Spring Man or the other ARMs spirits as costumes, people would still make the argument that ATs and Spirits deconfirm because "They're just skins not actually the character".

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it just feels odd that they're willing to say ARMs rep but not a single character.

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
I just want to put the Smash talk aside for a sec, PsychoIncarnate, if I'm reading the title right, please feel better!

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Well... the direct was ok for a mini.
And I was initially dissapointed until i thought of spirit trophy upgrade implications.
Also, at least it's not fire emblem.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If it's Spring Man it's everyones' game afterwards though.
Isaac no longer seems so out of reach. I bet the Isaac thread is going nuts hoping it's Spring Man right now.

Not to be negative but...that Direct was....interesting.
To be negative: That was the worst direct I've ever laid eyes on. Glad it finally happened but MAN was it terrible, and no, not because we didn't get Geno. We still don't know the holiday title, nothing I really gave a crap about (except BD2 which I still need to play BS anyway) was shown, and the next fighter pick is pretty damn disappointing, second only to Byleth. Not to mention the LONGEST DROUGHT TO DATE we waited for and that's all they had to show? June better blow my balls off.

There, I'll be the ass for you. :)

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
So... what are everyone's thoughts on Cacamallow now? If it was not dead before, it sure feels dead now.

Well, an ARMS rep basically rules out any additional Nintendo picks for the pass. It's a nice surprise to get a rep that's from a newer IP at least. The question is who, and whether or not we'll see the next character revealed in June.
Never say never with Nintendo. People said that we would only get third party before Byleth, and for what we know, they could just go first party with this. Hell, weren¨t people calling Three Houses to new when Astral Chain got spirits all the sudden?

Which is why it feels more like a shill pick, but one I'm not as pissed off about.
But if we are getting two shill picks at the row, Who isn¨t to say that this pack will just contain shill picks. Sure, there was an outcry for Arms, but I would not call them on the same level as Geno, Majora, Isaac, Waluigi, etc. And I doubt we are getting a Waluigi game or a new Golden Sun. I hate to say this, with Arms being the first one arriving, I could easily see Urushifu or someone else from Gen8 now next.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here are the 15 characters potential of being challenger 6. Though, expect the unexpected since Nintendo can throw a curveball due to the game being their property.
Screenshot_20200326-093028_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom