• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
For the heck of it, here's the music tracks I'd pick if I were Sakurai. I'll use the average-ish 11 tracks we get from DLC with 4 remixes included. Let's go:

Geno Awakens/Beware the Forest's Mushroom's (REMIX)
Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure
Fight Against Monsters
Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster
Fight Against an Armed Boss
Rose Town (REMIX)
Docaty Mountain Railroad
And My Name's Booster
Nimbus Land/Barrel Volcano (REMIX)
Weapon's Factory
Fight Against Smithy/Who Likes Transforming (REMIX)

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Poor Cappy. Bet he can't wait to end up in the dumpster beside Toadsworth, Cackletta, Fawful and Prince Dreambert. That freaking Mario, constantly discarding friends and foes alike, hellbent on trolling for a booty that he'll never get......
And this is exactly why I want Geno to return. (On top of him being a well rounded, and fan requested character)

If Sakurai can reference Pokemon fans sadness that a spikey ear Pichu can't move on from Generation 4 no matter what you do via a character costume, He can definitely give Geno a chance and reference a whole other piece of Nintendo history in smash. It give hope to those who want some of the older discarded Mario characters to return in a new game in some form. (Imagine if they had a game like that- A new paper Mario with all the old allies and Mario/Luigi characters returning, that would be pretty great)

(NGL tho, I really liked Fawful, and i'm sad he probably isn't returning in a new game, especially after the whole Alphadream situation.)

-And its clear and obvious Nintendo knows about Geno's popularity too. All the way back in 2001, his reference in superstar saga was because fans had an attachment to Geno, and they wanted to make them happy. And after Smash, a mii costume, a legendary spirit, and Nintendo responding to Operation Starfall, I think they would have to be crazy not to know at this point.

Also on the topic of music, in my opinion, seaside town is underrated. But I couldn't see it getting into smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone? But you forgot Bomberman, Midna, Doomguy, Geno, Dante, Pig Ganon, Ashley, Rayman, Lyn, Dr Eggman, Louie, Geno, Arle, Sephiroth, Marx, Gooigi, Cranky Kong, Travis Touchdown, Geno, Conker, Starfy, Captain Syrup, Krystal, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, the Grinch, Geno, Akuma, Heihachi, Lloyd, Tom Nook, Reimu Hakurei, Cacodemon, Mallow, Geno, Mimikyu, Quote, Ryu Hayabusa, Octoling, Shadow, Ghirahim, Geno, Goku, Goku (the monkey one)™ , Plok, Agumon, Poochy, Earthworm Jim, Scorpion, Sol Badguy, Heavy Weapons Guy, Toxtricity, Jimmy T., Shrek, Geno, Phoenix Wright, Gruntilda, Professor Layton, Pink Gold Peach, Dr. Baby Purple Quartz Waluigi, Baby Geno, Geno, Sakurai, Garfield, Movie Sonic, Movie Mario, Bubsy, Gex, Master Chief, 2B, Mickey Mouse, Weird Al, Altair, Godzilla, Geno, Boogerman, Spongebob, Malo, Goomba, Hat Goomba, Spiderman, Error from Zelda 2, PapaGenos, Geno, Fatmanonice, Leanbabyunderlava, Laxchris, Steve, Steve Harvey, Glass Joe, Tingle, Jinjo, Klaptrap, nintendog, Geno, Wii Safety Strap Guy, Monika, Freddy Fazbear, Rick Astley, Fat Albert, Mr. Incredible, Joe, Geno, Ed, Edd, Eddy, Stunfisk, Michael Jackson, Shaggy, Dan Hibiki, Geno, Geno, Gandalf the grey, Gandalf the white, Monty Python and Holy Grail's Black Knight, Benito Mussolini, the Blue Meanie, Cowboy Curtis, Jambie the Genie, Robocop, The Terminator, Captain Kirk, Darth Vader, Lo-pan, Superman, every single Power Ranger, Bill S. Preston, Theodore Logan, Spock, the Rock, Dock Ock, Hulk Hogan, Geno, Geno and Geno.

Clearly, the roster won't be complete until each and every single one of those characters listed are in. :ultpacman:
Now you're making me want to see Hulk Hogan in this game. Of course that's what Miis are for. Probably never gonna get to it but it's an idea.

D

Deleted member

If I had to choose the music, then I'd go for:

Fight Against Monsters
Beware the Forest Mushrooms
Rose Town
Going Shopping in Seaside Town
Bowser's Castle (2nd Time)
Weapons Factory
Fight Against Smithy
Over Shiver Mountain (Paper Mario)
Never Let Up! (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)

And as a bonus, Sherbet Land from Mario Hoops 3-on-3, which was another Mario game by Square Enix (Link because this is one of the best songs in the entire Mario franchise).

Last edited by a moderator:

T2by4

Smash Lord

Fight Against Monsters
Rose Town
Weapons Factory
Fight Against Smithy

And as a bonus, Sherbet Land from Mario Hoops 3-on-3, which was another Mario game by Square Enix (Link because this is one of the best songs in the entire Mario franchise).
>that song link

Now THAT is a bop. Instantly downloaded. Played that game a long time ago, never knew that song existed.

e6cdc6a75d5e008342920d311f829d6d.gif

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We're pretty much at a point where we're locked into stuff until something significant happens. "Hey Fatman, anything new?" No... That's why the Mandycan stuff was significant because it was the first Geno based news in like two months. Told someone about this in private but we're at a point now where it's like the same 10 names being regularly circulated so unless some of the names are leakbait, most will probably wind up being the 6 in Season 2. This is also why I don't think we're getting a Season 3 because there's literally been like two new names that have popped up in like.... 7 months so I'm even more convinced we're in the endgame now so it's now just waiting for **** to play out.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Now you're making me want to see Hulk Hogan in this game. Of course that's what Miis are for. Probably never gonna get to it but it's an idea.
♪♪I am a real a Genoican! Fight for the rights of Geno fans! I am a real Genoican! Fight for what's right, FIGHT FOR YOUR STOCK!!! (Cues rock music)♪♪

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think we need the Culex theme for the soundtrack as well. Gives a bit of the FF vibes they did too

T2by4

Smash Lord
1579839658750.jpg

Th-there's still 22 minutes left guys... They can still announce the dire

WHERE IS THE DIRECT? I WANT IT NOWWWWWWWW!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Imagine us getting a Animal Crossing Direct in March before the game comes out, but we still don't get the general Direct that month. If they skip over February and March, I am convince they're holding everything for E3 and won't be saying jack **** until than.

D

Deleted member

Imagine us getting a Animal Crossing Direct in March before the game comes out, but we still don't get the general Direct that month. If they skip over February and March, I am convince they're holding everything for E3 and won't be saying jack **** until than.
bold of you to assume they're announcing something this year

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
May I suggest you all just forget about a direct rn and go do something else to keep yourselces occupied?
I think the forums have kept me away from the things I like to do while I am at home. Good point. I plan to take a 2 month break from Smashboards very soon, perhaps even starting this week if that damn general Direct still doesn't come.

bold of you to assume they're announcing something this year
I'm not really saying that, I'm just saying there has too be a reason Nintendo has been holding off with general Direct news.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I’m a huge animal crossing fan, and I have almost no interest in an animal crossing direct a couple weeks before release. I’d have wanted that back in december or january at the latest. At this point just give me the game and I’ll figure out everything myself.

i think we are officially in the longest gap between general nintendo directs ever. Who remembers when we had like 8 per year when they first started?

May I suggest you all just forget about a direct rn and go do something else to keep yourselces occupied?
Find some new automated message to spit out every day. The Geno thread isn’t here for topics that only you want to discuss

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master

Fight Against Monsters
Rose Town
Weapons Factory
Fight Against Smithy

I gotta say, the song for the Fight Against Smithy is one of my personal favorites. If they remixed it with electric guitar and an organ, it would be off the freaking hook.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think the forums have kept me away from the things I like to do while I am at home. Good point. I plan to take a 2 month break from Smashboards very soon, perhaps even staring this week if that damn general Direct still doesn't come.
Its better then constanly giving yourself a Stress-induced ulcer. Just go play something else. Thats why games exsist, heck, play some smash lol I sometimes just spectate matches and Id be there for a good long time. Since you all like smrpg a lot, I thin listening to the games songs on loop would do good too, at leaste that works for me. After a while I just forget everything, mostly because whatever song is stuck in my head

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To be fair, I have plenty of interests outside of Smash speculation but February is just... Slow. I garden but can't start anything until March and the professional Halloween season doesn't begin until mid March too. Winter is basically when I catch up on my back catalog because community events are so far and few between from November to March.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
To be fair, I have plenty of interests outside of Smash speculation but February is just... Slow. I garden but can't start anything until March and the professional Halloween season doesn't begin until mid March too. Winter is basically when I catch up on my back catalog because community events are so far and few between from November to March.
Yeah it has going at a snail slow pff. Im just restarting games and such, listening to VG musiv on look, all that jazz

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How is that potential solution to the problem?

Because geno needs the actual render since it’s the only offical render that exist not a character change roles from a smahb3rd party to a mii fihter
It shows spirit fights could be changed to fit DLC if they want.

As for Geno’s render for his Fighter Spirit, there is artwork from an SMRPG jigsaw puzzle they could use if possible, or they could just use the sprite of him or the one of his star from SMRPG if not just his Ultimate render like a few other characters, and they can add “(SMRPG)” or “Doll” to the name of his non-fighter spirit.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I have been having an uptick in Geno dreams as of recent. This time, Geno was kidnapped by some demon king but I think we managed to save him so he could be in Smash. Either I'm going crazy or, much like insider info, this increase in frequency means he's coming soon lol.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I have been having an uptick in Geno dreams as of recent. This time, Geno was kidnapped by some demon king but I think we managed to save him so he could be in Smash. Either I'm going crazy or, much like insider info, this increase in frequency means he's coming soon lol.
I once had a dream Layton was fighting in smash and another that Layton was announced for smash. Both times I woke up disappointed and cryin

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I once had a dream Layton was fighting in smash and another that Layton was announced for smash. Both times I woke up disappointed and cryin
If it's any consolation, I had a dream the other night where I was watching Geno's reveal trailer. It took place in some sorta sports stadium and I remember Mario and Mallow being there too. Wasn't fun to wake up from that one.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Joker’s internal codename was “Jack”, Hero’s was “Brave”, Banjo and Kazooie’s was “Buddy”, Terry’s was “Dolly”, and Byleth’s was “Master”...

What codename do you guys think Geno would have if he were to be added into Smash?
(if this random question is any indication, it’s been a pretty slow month lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom