• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This. It's animal crossing. It's not complicated. That's part of what makes it so relaxing. I'm sure the core of it is still gathering stuff to sell and using the money to upgrade your house and buy furniture and stuff. Now there's crafting, but seriously, how complicated could crafting in animal crossing be? I feel like a section in a general direct is enough.
That thing you said about a general Direct being enough for crafting is kind of what I was saying earlier in this thread.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'll say this one more time. I know the wait for any Geno related news possibly as early as the general direct has been rough. It's the longest drought we've had for information for a while, but the bright side to all of this is that once that general direct drops, the E3 direct will be a breeze to wait for by comparison. Whether or not we hear anything Geno related in the general direct or at E3, we have to hold out hope just a while longer.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'll say this one more time. I know the wait for any Geno related news possibly as early as the general direct has been rough. It's the longest drought we've had for information for a while, but the bright side to all of this is that once that general direct drops, the E3 direct will be a breeze to wait for by comparison. Whether or not we hear anything Geno related in the general direct or at E3, we have to hold out hope just a while longer.
I mean, that last part you said about holding hope a while longer is what we’ve been doing for any character for any Direct, which is not really a bad thing at all. That said, I agree, you’re right.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I mean, that last part you said about holding hope a while longer is what we’ve been doing for any character for any Direct, which is not really a bad thing at all. That said, I agree, you’re right.
I realize that, but morale is fairly low right now. I'm just trying to keep people's hopes up, even if some call it a fool's hope.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I realize that, but morale is fairly low right now. I'm just trying to keep people's hopes up, even if some call it a fool's hope.
I wasn’t saying it was bad or hopeless for you to say that. I just wanted to say that. That said, it is good that you did that, trying to raise morale and all. Good job.

D

Deleted member

Good choices for music by people for songs if Geno gets in great picks!

Yeah I can wait March'll be here three months till E3 then. And I'm sure we'll get them directs. Then E3 and whatever we got there so yeah.

It's fine.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Good choices for music by people for songs if Geno gets in great picks!

Yeah I can wait March'll be here three months till E3 then. And I'm sure we'll get them directs. Then E3 and whatever we got there so yeah.

It's fine.
Yeah, I can wait until March, too. Still...

It may get annoying to see the complaints from those who can’t wait, ya know what I mean?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wonder what songs we get if we were stuck with the apparent Square-Enix restriction of two songs per character and no remixes. (I doubt it would happen - not sure who owns the music rights, but Yoko Shimomura has been VERY active with Smash remixes and letting her music be in Smash), but it seems like a possibility.

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms seems like a given, unless it's considered to be not suited for an action game like most of the Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack apparently was. (at least, I think that's why it got a lot of remixes) Maybe Battle Against An Armed Boss for the other one?

I'd like to see as much Super Mario RPG music as possible, though - the Fortune Street remix of the Mushroom Kingdom theme was great, and while it's likely too slow-paced for a Smash Bros. stage theme, I'd like to see more like that.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I wonder what songs we get if we were stuck with the apparent Square-Enix restriction of two songs per character and no remixes. (I doubt it would happen - not sure who owns the music rights, but Yoko Shimomura has been VERY active with Smash remixes), but it seems like a possibility.

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms seems like a given, unless it's considered to be not suited for an action game like most of the Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack apparently was. (at least, I think that's why it got a lot of remixes) Maybe Battle Against An Armed Boss for the other one?

I'd like to see as much Super Mario RPG music as possible, though - the Fortune Street remix of the Mushroom Kingdom theme was great, and while it's likely too slow-paced for a Smash Bros. stage theme, I'd like to see more like that.
My personal guess is that Sakurai is well aware of that fact, and will try to get more tracks from Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi to make up for Square's stinginess in case if we end up with just two tracks for Super Mario RPG. Though, given that Yoko Shimomura composed most of the original tracks for Super Mario RPG, I don't think there will be quite the same legal gymnastics that DQ and FF music has.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
3) Leaker drama is off limits. It was a huge issue that it no way was good for anyone. This includes tagging and discussing leaks with a certain regular on this thread. PM our profile post if you are so curious. Insider/leaker drama and trying to discredit other leakers is not allowed.
What I get out of this is that if Fatman speculates about ANYTHING that has even a sliver of basis on information he's heard, his neck gets ever closer to the noose and we can't talk about it. And since he clearly does have information, that means anything COULD be implied to be based on information, THUS Fatman cannot speculate in this thread at all based on this notion.

This also means we can no longer talk about CacoMallow or any other information that is not official from Nintendo that may say something about Geno's chances. I'm sorry, but like I said earlier, when you have a dead character from a dead franchise, new information is all you can truly discuss...and no way in hell would Nintendo release anything related to Geno or SMRPG officially other than an official announcement. This essentially kills speculation discussion in this thread.

But, as proven by your statement in regards to acknowledging Geno's current state of affairs, we have proof that you do not care if discussion stagnates and this thread peters off in activity. You just want rules to be followed.

Part of me respects this, but the rest of me likes to talk about what I like to talk about, and since I usually follow all those steps and I STILL feel like I can't do anything but infinitely repeat myself, I am 100% abstaining from this thread until there is official news as that is all that is currently allowed.

See you guys on Star Road Discord Server!

MattX20

Smash Hero
I did the math regarding the 100,000 post mark for the Geno thread. Given that there are at least 40 posts per page at minimum, we have roughly 59 pages left before we hit the 100,000 post for this thread.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This also means we can no longer talk about CacoMallow or any other information that is not official from Nintendo that may say something about Geno's chances. I'm sorry, but like I said earlier, when you have a dead character from a dead franchise, new information is all you can truly discuss...and no way in hell would Nintendo release anything related to Geno or SMRPG officially other than an official announcement. This essentially kills speculation discussion in this thread.
That's not what was said at all, as you can see in the second point. (Doomguy's okay to discuss from time to time because of the Cacomallow pictures/video) We just don't want people going "Hey, (insert username here), what have you heard about Activision characters?" or "Any updates on such-and-such company?" when that can be kept to private messages or profile posts. There are plenty of ways to contact individual users outside of this one thread.

There's private messages or the User Feedback part of the forum if you want to continue this. I don't want to risk derailing the thread.

Venus Edit (Given permission by Megadoomer):

I am adding an edit as to not further derail the thread. ForsakenM ForsakenM Perhaps I didn’t clarify about leak drama so allow me to do that.

Discussing Cacomallow is perfectly fine as it concerns Geno.

Discussing other leaks is understandable and permissible when done in moderation. Please don’t dedicate this pages and pages of Crash leak discussion. If you want to do that, simply go to the Crash support thread. It’s seriously that simple.

Discussing leak drama consists of on-going fueds between notable insiders/leakers, trying to discredit leakers, bringing up past events, and going on at length about the leakers as a person rather than the leaks that they peddle.

That’s leaker drama.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I wonder what songs we get if we were stuck with the apparent Square-Enix restriction of two songs per character and no remixes.
Something something Yoko Shimomura, hopefully? Greatly depends which songs are by her and which aren't.

Firox

Smash Master
So, are we sure there's no hope for a direct this month or should we still hold our breath? If I recall, we should still have until Wednesday morning before throwing in the towel for this week.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So, are we sure there's no hope for a direct this month or should we still hold our breath? If I recall, we should still have until Wednesday morning before throwing in the towel for this week.
There is no evidence as to why it couldn't happen this week even. Everyone's just assuming it'll be in March for... reasons.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are some music tracks I would like to see:

Beware of the Forest’s Mushrooms (Original and Remixed)
Forest Maze (Remixed)
Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure
The Road is Full if Dangers
Fight Against Monsters
Let’s Go Down the Wine River
Let’s Play “Geno”!
Slope (Remixed)
Margarine Martini
Fight against Culex
Battle Against Smithy (Remixed)
Happy Parade, Delightful Parade

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I wonder what songs we get if we were stuck with the apparent Square-Enix restriction of two songs per character and no remixes. (I doubt it would happen - not sure who owns the music rights, but Yoko Shimomura has been VERY active with Smash remixes and letting her music be in Smash), but it seems like a possibility.

At the very least BtFM and BAaAB. Those were the two that got taken down on Youtube and the two songs most closely associated with SMRPG and Geno. They and the Town theme are what I think of when reminiscing about the game. That Fortune Street theme is awesome and if Yoko gives us BtFM and BAaAB remixes of the same caliber I'll be more than happy with that. I would personally like more SMRPG stuff in before Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario songs but those would be cool too.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Here are some music tracks I would like to see:

Beware of the Forest’s Mushrooms (Original and Remixed)
Forest Maze (Remixed)
Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure
The Road is Full if Dangers
Fight Against Monsters
Let’s Go Down the Wine River
Let’s Play “Geno”!
Slope (Remixed)
Margarine Martini
Fight against Culex
Battle Against Smithy (Remixed)
Happy Parade, Delightful Parade
That would be a pretty good list of tracks, though even if we don't get it, I hope Geno Awakens/the first part of Goodbye Geno plays in his trailer.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Is it just me, or is Beware the Forest Mushrooms becoming overrated and overly praised to me all of a sudden? I mean, don't get me wrong, it is a great music track, but after hearing or reading it be brought up so many times...well, you should know what I mean.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or is Beware the Forest Mushrooms becoming overrated and overly praised to me all of a sudden? I mean, don't get me wrong, it is a great music track, but after hearing or reading it be brought up so many times...well, you should know what I mean.
Oh it is, and it's overly praised mostly because it's tied to Geno. It's a great song, don't get me wrong either, but there's better songs on the soundtrack.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh it is, and it's overly praised mostly because it's tied to Geno. It's a great song, don't get me wrong either, but there's better songs on the soundtrack.
No kidding about that! It may be tied to Geno, but man, how many times have I heard it or seen it brought up?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I hope that, even in the worst case scenario where Square is an asshole with music, we at least get a ton of Mario RPG music in general. More TTYD and M&L music especially. There's so little paper mario music it's actually sad.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
No kidding about that! It may be tied to Geno, but man, how many times have I heard it or seen it brought up?
It's the one that gets remixed the most for that reason, which makes it heard more, which means it gets more popularity and spread around more. As for songs I think are better: Pretty much any of the battle tracks (especially Smithy's, both of his), Margerie Margarita, and Bowser's Castle just to name a few.

I hope that, even in the worst case scenario where Square is an asshole with music, we at least get a ton of Mario RPG music in general. More TTYD and M&L music especially. There's so little paper mario music it's actually sad.
Would be nice! The SMRPG soundtrack is amazing and every song to me is instantly recognizable and I know where the songs take place, even the super short 2 note track: "Shock!", which plays right when Mallow says "Say WHAT?!" when it's revealed he's not a tadpole/frog. As for PM/M&L tracks, yeah I'd love more of those too. At least we got the final boss track of BIS (another probably overrated song, but I absolutely love it, so idc, it deserves a lot of praise), so there's that. Would be awesome if we get PM3 announced first so they could include some tracks from that game, maybe even before the game's out! That'd be something sweet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's the one that gets remixed the most for that reason, which makes it heard more, which means it gets more popularity and spread around more. As for songs I think are better: Pretty much any of the battle tracks (especially Smithy's, both of his), Margerie Margarita, and Bowser's Castle just to name a few.
Yeah, still overused. I'd go with Happy Adventure (Opening Theme) the Midas River theme, Nimbus Land, both Smithy themes, Moleville, the Minecart minigame theme, and some others.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
We have Mallow already, but having the ability to get multiple copies would be neat, I guess?

Otherwise, Smithy, Booster, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Boshi, Peach. Yes, I want them in that style~
Ooh, using the renders for the main Mario cast is a great idea.

I'd definitely add the Axem Rangers and Exor to that list, though.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I honestly think something like that is what's gonna happen. We'll get the 2 SMRPG songs and then Paper Mario and maybe M&L music to make the music part of the pass they're selling us seem more worth it lol

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Wait, how the hell is The Grand Finale overrated?
IMO second best Mario final boss theme behind The Ultimate Show.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
We have Mallow already, but having the ability to get multiple copies would be neat, I guess?

Otherwise, Smithy, Booster, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Boshi, Peach. Yes, I want them in that style~
Ooh, using the renders for the main Mario cast is a great idea.

I'd definitely add the Axem Rangers and Exor to that list, though.
The main cast of 5, Smithy and his gang (Mack, Bowyer, Yaridovich, Axem Rangers+Blade(?), Exor), Frogfucius, Croco, Boshi, Fat Yoshi... I think that's pretty much it? Maybe Chancellor Toad and "Grandma" Toad, Gaz, and Valentina & Dodo too?

Edit: ****, I forgot about Bruce Lee. If he got a spirit with the Geno pack, I would die laughing at Sakurai being amazing.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really like BtFM :urg:

Though it is the one most people focus on, I don’t recall the other tracks getting remixed much...not even the ones directly tied to Geno...

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I hope that since Yoko Shimomura composed SMRPG's ost, they'd be able to get more than a few tracks as it seems to usually be the case with SE characters so far. DQ's and FF's composers are usually pretty stingy with music afaik , so it makes sense that those franchises would get little tracks, but Shimomura's been pretty prominent in Ultimate's OST so far, making lots of remixes and such.

That being said, I do hope there's more music from other Mario RPG games if possible. Paper Mario could really do with some. PM64's ost is amazing and it'd be great to have some tracks from there!

What spirits would you guys want to come with Geno?
Mack, Bowyer, Frogfucius, Yaridovich, Boshi, The Axem Rangers, Exor, Smithy, Valentina & Dodo, basically most of the original characters in the game, though to be fair, there's a lot to pick from. The earlier idea of having the other members of the party (aside from Mallow) in the SMRPG style is pretty great too.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don’t see this often but “Hey guys, what pizza do you like?” does not belong here.
You know, a Mario RPG styled pizza sounds really good right now. Makes me wonder what kind of topping Geno would be, veggies? :lick:

Beware of the Forest Mushroom is pretty much a given for the music selections. I'm just hoping this theme makes it but w'll see

bomamba

Smash Cadet
You know, a Mario RPG styled pizza sounds really good right now. Makes me wonder what kind of topping Geno would be, veggies? :lick:

Beware of the Forest Mushroom is pretty much a given for the music selections. I'm just hoping this theme makes it but w'll see

Onion, geno has lots of layers (doll form, star form)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom