• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo's probably hired someone to watch this thread, and every time they see someone complain about there being no Direct, they tell Nintendo to delay it by a day.
Sounds like something they'd do. "You see that group right there? F*#& em."

MattX20

Smash Hero
We're only 60 pages away from 2,500 pages now. That's one quarter of 10,000. Let that sink in

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Now I'm starting to psych myself out. Will we get an Animal Crossing Direct? Usually Directs are done when not much is known about a game but Animal Crossing is... Animal Crossing: not exactly the most complicated series ever. Yeah, there's obviously going to be new content and features but a good chunk of that has already been covered in past presentations. For example, Mario Maker 2 was announced last February and then had a personal Direct in May. Sword and Shield was also formally announced in February and had a personal Direct before E3. New Horizons was announced in September 2018 and had literal hours worth of gameplay footage come out of E3 2019. I guess my point is... Would there be a point of a 20-30 presentation for a game that's been known about for a year and a half?

Firox

Smash Master
Nintendo's probably hired someone to watch this thread, and every time they see someone complain about there being no Direct, they tell Nintendo to delay it by a day.
This can't be accurate. They would never go an entire year without a direct.:ultpacman:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm starting to psych myself out. Will we get an Animal Crossing Direct? Usually Directs are done when not much is known about a game but Animal Crossing is... Animal Crossing: not exactly the most complicated series ever. Yeah, there's obviously going to be new content and features but a good chunk of that has already been covered in past presentations. For example, Mario Maker 2 was announced last February and then had a personal Direct in May. Sword and Shield was also formally announced in February and had a personal Direct before E3. New Horizons was announced in September 2018 and had literal hours worth of gameplay footage come out of E3 2019. I guess my point is... Would there be a point of a 20-30 presentation for a game that's been known about for a year and a half?
I feel like there’s no point of having an Animal Crossing Direct when you could just combine it into a regular Direct to make everyone happy.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
I feel like there’s no point of having an Animal Crossing Direct when you could just combine it into a regular Direct to make everyone happy.
They could even go the route of Nintendo Direct to Smash presentation. What I mean is, have the main Nintendo Direct, and then towards the end, Nintendo announces that an Animal Crossing presentation will play straight after the Direct. That way, Animal Crossing won't take up any of the Direct time, and Animal Crossing can have attention for itself after the Nintendo Direct, which is what most fans are looking for. Win-win.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
TBH I'm starting to feel like an AC direct is kinda... redundant. Unless there's a complete overhaul of systems, there's really no need for one. Everyone knows what AC is and everyone knows this one will be a bit different with a bigger focus on outdoor stuff and crafting. Smash on the other hand, I felt like there was more than enough new stuff to talk about: Everyone is here, Echoes, Spirits, reveals, all the different modes, DLC reveals, etc. Not to mention, it's already about to come out. The best time for an AC direct would have been last year.

If they actually go through with it, it'll likely feel like the November Smash direct (the super disappointing one) and run out of stuff to talk about so they're like "uhhh uh... THERE'S SOUND OPTIONS!".

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
They better not do an AC direct. I will be mad.
Honestly, I just want a direct at this point, I don't care what's announced.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
They better not do an AC direct. I will be mad.
Honestly, I just want a direct at this point, I don't care what's announced.
Like I said, it could be a General Direct that focuses on the new Animal Crossing game, like how past General Directs have focused on specific games before.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
New Horizons is a big release but it doesn't absolutely need a whole Direct but, then again, Nintendo did one for Pocket Camp so... If Luigi's Mansion 3 could have a segment in the fall Direct, they could honestly just do that again. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Animal Crossing is one of their biggest IP's so a final Direct before the game releases makes sense.

It's an amazing series, but yeah we need a general direct.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I've said this before, there are definitely ninteninja's watching us. I know they are.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
'Tune into our next Direct, slated for February 23............2094.'

Firox

Smash Master
'Tune into our next Direct, slated for February 23............2094.'
Nintendo: "Imagine the most horrible, terrifying, evil thing you can possibly think of... and multiply it... by 6!"

(Awesome points for the first one to recognize this movie quote without using Google!)

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Let's just fast forward to next year when all of our mains are Geno and we're watching the Smash Ultimate Finals at Evo where it's Geno vs Geno.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
By the time we get a Direct and by the time Geno gets in Smash it's gonna be like the end of the Peter Pan story, "I see Geno in Smash so often in my dreams, I wake up and he's still in Smash...

...WAIT A MINUTE."

Firox Firox Megamind :starman:

Firox

Smash Master
By the time we get a Direct and by the time Geno gets in Smash it's gonna be like the end of the Peter Pan story, "I see Geno in Smash so often in my dreams, I wake up and he's still in Smash...

...WAIT A MINUTE."

Firox Firox Megamind :starman:
DING DING DING DING! We got a winner! +10 Awesome points to the dude in the Geno hat!

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've said this before, there are definitely ninteninja's watching us. I know they are.
I know this is just following up on a joke, but we do know that Nintendo have at least kept an eye on Smashboards in the past, as Nate Bihldorff mentioned the site at some point towards the end of Brawl speculation. That's a long time ago of course, so who knows whether they still feel the need to check dedicated forums in the age of social media, but chances are pretty good that someone from Nintendo has at least had a peek in this thread.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know this is just following up on a joke, but we do know that Nintendo have at least kept an eye on Smashboards in the past, as Nate Bihldorff mentioned the site at some point towards the end of Brawl speculation. That's a long time ago of course, so who knows whether they still feel the need to check dedicated forums in the age of social media, but chances are pretty good that someone from Nintendo has at least had a peek in this thread at some point.
If Nintendo had their eye on this site during Brawl speculation, you bet your *** they have their eye on it right now with how much bigger it has become.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Tbf today IS a holiday in the US. Nintendo doesn’t announce directs on Japanese, American or Canadian holidays to my knowledge, idk about the UK or the rest of the world
While I can¨t speak for every individual country and they're national celebrations, there isn¨t a celebration that goes around Europe today.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I can¨t speak for every individual country, there isn¨t a celebration that goes around Europe today.
Does Europe even have a holiday they all share together? It's a continent so I don't expect there to be a holiday for the whole continent.

Edit: My bad, I misread your post thinking you said Europe was a country while you really said there wasn't any holidays in any European countries today. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Hey, some AC New Horizons news.... for something we already knew
Whaaaaaaat? Nintendo tweeting useless **** that we absolutely don't need a tweet about? Perish the thought! Nintendo only ever tweets high quality, extremely useful tweets and nothing else. /s

In other news, the SNES controller is back in stock with nothing of the "news in February" part. I'm going to assume "news" was just a really poor choice of wording and there's no actual news regarding it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There is a lot of stuff that can be covered in a New Horizons direct. New hair styles, New Holidays/events, the new ways to decorate, How crafting works amd what you can craft, the whole eating an apple to be able to dig up a tree mechanic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom