• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
What the hell, first the random computer mouse at the end of the game and now this
It's almost like GF is a joke of a company and they're just rolling with it now, but I won't turn this into a hating on GF/Gen 8 thread. ;)

But it is weird that Home just... dropped.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
It's almost like GF is a joke of a company and they're just rolling with it now, but I won't turn this into a hating on GF/Gen 8 thread. ;)

But it is weird that Home just... dropped.
GF Sucks now, Pokemon is good. GF.. nope.
I think the Direct was delayed just to tease on recent rumours.
Nintendo is far away from stupid.

I still think is this week. Fryday 09:00 ET Time (?

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
'Nother thing. I'm late to this but here's mfw no Direct tomorrow (or later today in my timezone, whatevs):

walugiphy2.gif

Waluigi is such a mood

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
mfw no Direct gets announced
genoleak.jpg

Who here likes mii costumes?
I mean the regular ones, not Sans or Cuphead, those are premium and come with their own track.

While I seriously want Geno as a playable character for different reasons than some of you, like potential soundtracks from the entire Mario RPG series'

I wouldn't mind Doom getting represented through Cacodemon as a mii hat, if its this or no Doom representation at all I'd much prefer having the mii hat.

I enjoy playing as the Mii trio from time to time, both casually and comp, I bought some of those mii costumes, like ALTAIR for example, I was never attached to the AC franchise but that Mii Swordfighter costume looks so badass that I had to buy it.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So, I want to bring up something that isn't talked about nearly enough - Super Mario RPG's integration into Smash. People believe Geno has no business being in Smash, but Sakurai has already referenced the game multiple times through Peach.

Peach has:
  • Slaps, from her Slap Glove or Super Slap as jab, dash attack, etc.
  • Parasol, from the same named weapon, as her up special
  • Frying Pan, from the same named weapon as one of her F-Smash choices
  • Peach Bomber, which had an explosion in Melee, could've been a reference to Psych Bomb
  • Her Final Smash puts people to sleep, which could've been a reference to Sleepy Time
Not to mention that Mario's Final Smash is similar to Ultra Flame.

I believe Geno is coming.
Bowser's Side Special or the older version of his Side Special from Melee/Brawl Koopa Claw was one of his moves from Mario RPG even though I think it had a different name in Mario RPG.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bowser's Side Special or the older version of his Side Special from Melee/Brawl Koopa Claw was one of his moves from Mario RPG even though I think it had a different name in Mario RPG.
It seems to just be called Drill Claw at best, if it isn't Unarmed.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Guys, "The Road to 100" Theory, does it cover color swaps such as Dark Link and Blue Bowser, or is it just alts like the Koopalings and Alph?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If these SNES/NES games were the dump the FatMan was talking about, the only thing that feels "dump" about this is that it's a dumpster fire.
Also, these last few announcements could go either way when it comes to a direct this week but a mini direct would definitely feel weird.
I seriously doubt this is "the dump." Note how Nintendo hasn't made their SNES controller announcement yet either.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The mini direct in 2018 was shadow dropped wasn’t it? Wouldn’t that be something...

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Interesting how Undertale hasn't gotten a spirit event yet, huh?

*slurps coffee at 400 decibels*
Easy, tiger. I would absolutely die if Undertale got an honest to God DLC fighter (Frisk is one of my hopefuls, see sig) and I can concoct several reasons why it would make logistical sense, but it is still technically a Western IP and it seemed from the tone of insider speculation that western stuff was out of the running. Besides, the lack of official artwork probably contributes to the absence of a Spirit event (Smash renders could be used as a replacement like we saw for Banjo's board, but again that's only for the full blown fighter treatment) and possibly an Oops! All Indies Spirit Event seems more likely if they snuck in that way. All I'm saying is this is probably a case like the missing Porky spirit: sometimes stuff isn't there simply because it isn't.

PicOfMeTalkingMyselfOffALedge.gif

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Interesting how Undertale hasn't gotten a spirit event yet, huh?

*slurps coffee at 400 decibels*
Honestly, I'd prefer if they upgraded sans to fully playable....but that would have just made his costume package pointless.

Frisk as playable? ....ehhhhhhhh........

That would be an amusing announcement, though.

Sakurai: 'We are pleased to announce that we will be upgrading a Mii costume to a playable character for fighter pass 2. And the character we picked is.....................this Mii costume we just revealed 20 minutes ago! Yes, this costume somehow got a million requests to be playable in the last 20 minutes, and somehow we were able to condense 8 months of character development into 7 minutes. Take THAT, laws of space-time.'

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We should do something for E3. It's E3 2020 and there's a decent chance of Geno's reveal so it's honestly kind of a once in a lifetime thing. I talked about it last year but I like the idea of raising money to send Papagenos and Terminal Montage to E3. I have no clue where either of them live but, given the size of our fanbase, we could probably Bernie Sanders it pretty easily.
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I believe papagenos papagenos said in one of his videos he lived in Massachusetts maybe Boston I don't know. But he recently just moved so I don't know if he is still in Massachusetts or not. TerminalMontage TerminalMontage though? I have no idea where he lives.

Your right, it isn't good. My cat has a massive tumor and my mom is massively losing weight like crazy and trying to go to doctor's to see why - while at the same time trying to transition to a new job because the company she works for is closing it's doors in the summer. Also, I have this crush on a girl that works across the street from my job and I haven't really talked to her much but I don't really think I have the courage for rejection even though I want to try and give her a valentine this week.

But thanks for asking
Sorry to hear the bad news about your cat and mom. I will pray they will get better.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
"And that, children, is how I met your mother." - Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
I remember uploading a photo on Miiverse I made in Smash 4 where Bowser was telling Jr. and Morton about how he met their mother. Morton was shocked while Jr. was smiling having a black cloud above him that said censor. I had the photo saved on a memory card but I think I lost it during Hurricane Harvey. I'll see sometime if I can recreate it in Ultimate.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I'm not implying an Undertale playable character but, in due time, it will make sense why certain spirit events have been held off and leave it at that.
Okay I think I know what you’re saying but I don’t wanna spoil the fun for those who haven’t figured it out.

Hopefully the next Direct will be enlightening though.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Five more minutes until Nintendo either announces a Direct... or we find out we’re waiting until March.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We have a Cuphead Spirit event coming, guys!

Speaking of Cuphead, I just finished it for the first time ever this past Saturday. I absolutely loved it! I love the 1930s cartoon art style of the game and I love the fast pace action of it as well. I beat the game with no upgrades with about over 540 something deaths.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Actually I think it's about an hour. I want to say the announcements are typically at 9 my time.
I remember someone bringing up a point yesterday that directs that are announced when it isn’t Daylight Savings Time are usually announced at 9 AM EST, because Japan doesn’t have DST. Sure enough, I checked and this has been mostly true. The March 8th Direct which announced Smash in the first place, the February 13th Direct, and the Pokémon and Smash announcements a month ago. I’m praying I’m wrong, but I have a bad feeling there won’t be anything now.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to assume not this week? That's okay I do think we'll get something soon.

When that is I don't know. But I'm sure we'll see it soon the Nintendo Direct I mean.

So I look forward to whenever that's announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom