• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
Yeah... I'm now starting to think something internal went screwy... If it isn't announced by the end of the day, there's decent evidence that the Direct has been delayed for a minimum of three weeks for some unknown reason. Either they're padding the **** out of this Direct or a monkey fell into the clockworks, so to speak.
Nintendo padding a Direct? LOL C'mon, dude! This is Nintendo! Judging by their current track record, I'm betting that their PR department is choking on their own spit again. Knowing our luck, the next direct won't even have a smash reveal...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I swear waiting for this Direct is getting so boring. I might consider taking a 3 to 4 month break from speculation before we even get the damn Direct.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think the worst part of waiting for this Direct is that it will definitely be worth it on multiple fronts. I'm still holding fast to Nintendo kicking off 2020 in big ways but I didn't think Nintendo would make us wait this long... Again, people have known about the existence of this Direct since early December so it's like...

with_these_hands__i_hold_the_fate_of_millions_by_bravokrofski_d9g0kgq-fullview.jpg

Why is this being dragged out for so long?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think the worst part of waiting for this Direct is that it will definitely be worth it on multiple fronts. I'm still holding fast to Nintendo kicking off 2020 in big ways but I didn't think Nintendo would make us wait this long... Again, people have known about the existence of this Direct since early December so it's like...

View attachment 262025

Why is this being dragged out for so long?
Ren kind of looks like Jar Jar Binks here lol!

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
So a long wait, no significant news, only updates on peripheral elements, and an apparently significant revelation supposedly coming, but not yet.

It feels like I'm starting to cosplay as Shin Megami Tensei fan.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't say Zippo's wrong, there is a very good chance we get the general direct and AC ( Animal Crossing direct.) Dates just might be later.

We ain't getting anything this week it seems.

But I do think something is coming. I don't know when but yeah eventually.

Far as Nintendo don't know if they skip E3 hope not but if so sure they have something planned. Stil love the event but yeah.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Omg, still no direct announcement? This is getting insane and has to be deliberate at this point. They know they're batting the beehive.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Nintendo hasn't done a general direct in the second half of the month since 2013, either they announce it today or we are all screwed until March.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say Zippo's wrong, there is a very good chance we get the general direct and AC ( Animal Crossing direct.) Dates just might be later.

We ain't getting anything this week it seems.

But I do think something is coming. I don't know when but yeah eventually.

Far as Nintendo don't know if they skip E3 hope not but if so sure they have something planned. Stil love the event but yeah.
Why do we make excuses for these people? If we don’t get two directs this month Zippo is flat out wrong, end of story.

I (and most people in this thread) could’ve told you guys with no inside information that we are almost certainly getting a general direct and an animal crossing direct soon, so I certainly won’t give him credit if it isn’t all in February. It’s okay to admit when these people are wrong

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Why do we make excuses for these people? If we don’t get two directs this month Zippo is flat out wrong, end of story.
Yeah but if you don't believe these people on everything they say no matter if they're wrong or not they might... oh God...

Lose clout
1581524586458.png

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Nintendo actually hasn't done their 10:00 AM tweet at all. Is it possible a direct could still be announced later in the day?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It's turning into the VGAs all over again:

Everyone is Wrong!
I think this is also key to why people are getting fed up. For months, we have had insiders saying/implying that there is a treasure trove of news and rumors that Nintendo is sitting on and will have to reveal any minute otherwise the dam will burst, and then........nothing. Like the VGAs where Nintendo tweeted about it, and in the end it was for 3 Switch games and none of them first party. And Nintendo hinting at things but then leaving them at that.

Coupled with their insanely tight lips concerning character 5, how everything around it just felt like something was off (the long delay, skipping a VGA reveal, the livestream being first, releasing 2 weeks later despite looking complete, the Fatmitsu article implying Sakurai was working on someone else, a repeat of Smash 4's DLC that did not go over well), and selling the second pass but without any content known in it.

People are getting annoyed at all this fantastic news hinting and then Nintendo dragging their feet.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

I (and most people in this thread) could’ve told you guys with no inside information that we are almost certainly getting a general direct and an animal crossing direct soon, so I certainly won’t give him credit if it isn’t all in February. It’s okay to admit when these people are wrong
If Zippo is wrong, then this would be the second time a leaker has lost their credibility this month.

Once again, that kind of sucks because I would’ve liked to have some new blood in the scene, but it is what it is. I agree though, there’s no reason to keep giving these people the benefit of the doubt. This was a pretty integral time for them to be correct, as it would cement them as a reliable source.

Well, back to being left in the dark :^)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
At this point, I¨m starting to find this more hysterical then actually annoying. I¨m confused that we haven¨t had a Direct as of yet? Sure! But even so, the day is not over yet, or the week for that matter (maybe we are getting a Friday direct after all):bobomb:

To qoute Stealth

It has been exactly 23 weeks since the last Nintendo Direct....... The way some people carry on, you¨d think it had been 230 weeks.

PS - Even Gamxplain has made a video about the lack of direct now... LOOOOOOOOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDdvXFAcDvs

Antho

Smash Apprentice
There’s only one possible way we can get a direct in February now at least in my opinion, but... it would be a Direct Mini. Meaning a new smash character probably won’t be announced, since those are never live. It could happen though since January 2018’s Mini Direct was announced and uploaded on a Thursday.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Nintendo is truly abandoning E3 this year, it does raise the possibility that we could get two general direct Smash reveals.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
About the Nintendo direct... What if it has to do with the Coronavirus that makes them wait with the Nintendo Direct? I mean, the virus has pretty much shut down every manufacture in the country... and we all know that they are building them over there. There are even strong rumors about PS5 and Xbox series X (and even the iPhone) for heck sake that they are getting delayed.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I did it. Gave the girl a valentine. I think she was embarrassed because she was at a table with other people. She said thank you and I left. Then hit my leg on the door on the way out.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Part of the frustration is rooted in the fact that there's no definitive light at the end of the tunnel to mitigate things for a lot of people.

-There's a BOTW 2 & Bayonetta 3 that might come out this year?
-NMH3 & Xenoblade which have no release widow except for sometime in the next 10 months.
-Possibly 3 Smash DLC characters to come out this year as part of the Fighters Pass.
-Likely additional DLC for Mario Maker 2 at some point.
-Animal Crossing next month but still feeling like its lacked some critical information outside dubious news on saving.

And those are things we have definitive info about. As far as actual Nintendo franchises we have nothing on:
-Non maker Mario games or even Mario spin-offs
-Metroid outside an eventual years away release of Prime 4
-Starfox
-Donkey Kong
-Kirby
-Pikmin

Its not so much that the Direct is taking so as much as it feels like we've been left in the dark for so many things in the months before it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
About the Nintendo direct... What if it has to do with the Coronavirus that makes them wait with the Nintendo Direct? I mean, the virus has pretty much shut down every manufacture in the country... and we all know that they are building them over there. There are even strong rumors about PS5 and Xbox series X (and even the iPhone) for heck sake.
If it is the virus causing this, I expect tons of people to look like fools like the Issac earthquake incident

D

Deleted member

I did it. Gave the girl a valentine. I think she was embarrassed because she was at a table with other people. She said thank you and I left. Then hit my leg on the door on the way out.
You forgot the most important rule of not letting the door hit you on the way out, you fool!

(good job)

Part of the frustration is rooted in the fact that there's no definitive light at the end of the tunnel to mitigate things for a lot of people.

-There's a BOTW 3 & Bayonetta 3 that might come out this year?
-NMH3 & Xenoblade which have no release widow except for sometime in the next 10 months.
-Possibly 3 Smash DLC characters to come out this year as part of the Fighters Pass.
-Likely additional DLC for Mario Maker 2 at some point.
-Animal Crossing next month but still feeling like its lacked some critical information outside dubious news on saving.

And those are things we have definitive info about. As far as actual Nintendo franchises we have nothing on:
-Non maker Mario games or even Mario spin-offs
-Metroid outside an eventual years away release of Prime 4
-Starfox
-Donkey Kong
-Kirby
-Pikmin

Its not so much that the Direct is taking so as much as it feels like we've been left in the dark for so many things in the months before it.
This is what I keep saying, Nintendo left us on "Animal Crossing's been delayed" and that's what we've lived with outside of Breath of the Wild 2 maybe and I guess NMH3? I don't remember if they even gave a release date on it. What if Animal Crossing hadn't been delayed? Would we just be sitting here in information purgatory without so much as a confirmed release date?

I'll be real with you when I say I'm starting to doubt any rumblings of Nintendo having anything planned for 2020 at all. Markomaro's tweet about "niche and rpg" coming this week is quickly approaching its expiration date and outing him as a fraud too. It's depressing, honestly.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think this is also key to why people are getting fed up. For months, we have had insiders saying/implying that there is a treasure trove of news and rumors that Nintendo is sitting on and will have to reveal any minute otherwise the dam will burst, and then........nothing. Like the VGAs where Nintendo tweeted about it, and in the end it was for 3 Switch games and none of them first party. And Nintendo hinting at things but then leaving them at that.

Coupled with their insanely tight lips concerning character 5, how everything around it just felt like something was off (the long delay, skipping a VGA reveal, the livestream being first, releasing 2 weeks later despite looking complete, the Fatmitsu article implying Sakurai was working on someone else, a repeat of Smash 4's DLC that did not go over well), and selling the second pass but without any content known in it.

People are getting annoyed at all this fantastic news hinting and then Nintendo dragging their feet.
100% all of this, but also mixed with the fact that we've gotten nothing in almost half a year now.

(also meant to post this sooner but my damn internet keeps going out)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Congrats, brother. Honestly, fear of failure is worse than failure itself and, believe me, it took me forever to learn that.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
If it is the virus causing this, I expect tons of people to look like fools like the Issac earthquake incident
I mean, unlike the earthquake incident, the coronavirus is a legit hurdle for a lot of markets for potential long term. I mean, it has come to the point that every major blockbuster next month (and that includes Disneys Mulan which is basically tailor-made for the Chinese market) won¨t release over in China next month. Something like this could easily throw people off guard and forced to change plans accordingly. Granted, that might not explain another "Smash Bros mini" as they had with Byleth, but it could explain why we haven¨t had a major direct.

Congrats, brother. Honestly, fear of failure is worse than failure itself and, believe me, it took me forever to learn that.
Outside of some few exceptions (if you remember my post around EVO last year, you know what I¨m talking about Fatman) I absolutely agree.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People are now entertaining a presentation at PAX East and I'm just like... I'm so tired, man... No, I think Nintendo's monkey Cheebo fell into the Direct making machine and they've got a team of people trying to clean up all the guts in the gears. E3 has been the only convention where they have ever done a full on presentation aside from their own Space Worlds so this is almost begging for a miracle.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I mean, while Japan is close to China in proximity, they still share no border or anything and I don't think Japan has many more cases than the US (I haven't checked in a while though). Even then proximity matters little in this world of planes, trains, automobiles and that silly big wheel bicycle.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean, while Japan is close to China in proximity, they still share no border or anything and I don't think Japan has many more cases than the US (I haven't checked in a while though). Even then proximity matters little in this world of planes, trains, automobiles and that silly big wheel bicycle.
I think recently a Japan Cruse Ship had some cases

D

Deleted member

I still haven't learned that and it really does hold me back.

Geno support thread, more like Geno supporters support thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom