• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Will see that later.

Big if it's true. If Nintendo's not there don't really have a reason to watch.

Sure they'll do something somewhere sometime.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sony's not showing up again at E3 and nether is Nintendo perhaps. Is E3 dying?
E3's been dying. Most people have come to hate the actual show. Unless you present stuff that makes the crowd absolutely lose their minds, there's no point going anymore. It's expensive. It's crowded. It smells. Food at the actual center is expensive as Hell and school cafeteria quality. Lines to play games are absurdly long. Most people just go for the presentations and/or tournaments and bounce.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I getting a vibe that this will be a bad/unpopular decision year for Nintendo. Adding another FE character to Smash, barely acknowledging the releases they have planned, lackluster NES/SNES picks for online, lackluster online, putting the fighter pass on sale while not showing even one character from it, dragging their feet on Directs, lacking news updates on big name games like BotW2 and Metroid Prime, potentially skipping E3, randomly releasing miscellaneous (also, can I mention how much I hate spelling this word?) news at random times, picking metal/baby/mook characters for their sports rosters, pointlessly hold back popular fan requests only to reveal that they have a much smaller role than desired, focusing more on gacha games, etc.

Is Nintendo potentially going to drain away all the goodwill they built up recently?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
On the bright side, if Nintendo isn't doing E3, we might not have to wait as long for character 7 and 8. On the downside, it might take even longer..

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I getting a vibe that this will be a bad/unpopular decision year for Nintendo. Adding another FE character to Smash, barely acknowledging the releases they have planned, lackluster NES/SNES picks for online, lackluster online, putting the fighter pass on sale while not showing even one character from it, dragging their feet on Directs, lacking news updates on big name games like BotW2 and Metroid Prime, potentially skipping E3, randomly releasing miscellaneous (also, can I mention how much I hate spelling this word?) news at random times, picking metal/baby/mook characters for their sports rosters, pointlessly hold back popular fan requests only to reveal that they have a much smaller role than desired, focusing more on gacha games, etc.

Is Nintendo potentially going to drain away all the goodwill they built up recently?
which is why I think something internal and out of their control is going on.

on the others side, maybe this will teach yall to be patient and stop trying to predict everey single ****ing thing they do and let them do things they want to do it

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty sure Nintendo's going to stick with their three general Directs a year format because it honestly works too good to totally discard it. Nintendo hasn't done an actual stage presentation in ages so for them to totally withdraw from the show actually wouldn't be super surprising but still big since they've supported it since the mid 90's.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pretty sure Nintendo's going to stick with their three general Directs a year format because it honestly works too good to totally discard it. Nintendo hasn't done an actual stage presentation in ages so for them to totally withdraw from the show actually wouldn't be super surprising but still big since they've supported it since the mid 90's.
Maybe they dont want to be part of a show that accidently,somehow accidently, doxed 2000 people

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You're right. Nintendo has literally been a part of E3 since the Ultra 64 days which is surreal to think about the thought of them leaving the event.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
last year The phone numbers and addresses of YTbers, Streemers, and journalists was accidentally made public on the E3 Expo's website and was thus shared around and well, you can see what happend next
OH:beezo::beezo::beezo: WOW!!! HOLY ****!!! That could be more of a reason Nintendo's lawyers C&D Sabi from trying to leak last year's E3 because they didn't wanted anything else big getting leaked at their show.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
With no Direct, I guess that kills the credibility of the other insiders not Mandy who said that there would be a Direct this week.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah... I'm now starting to think something internal went screwy... If it isn't announced by the end of the day, there's decent evidence that the Direct has been delayed for a minimum of three weeks for some unknown reason. Either they're padding the **** out of this Direct or a monkey fell into the clockworks, so to speak.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Easy, tiger. I would absolutely die if Undertale got an honest to God DLC fighter (Frisk is one of my hopefuls, see sig) and I can concoct several reasons why it would make logistical sense, but it is still technically a Western IP and it seemed from the tone of insider speculation that western stuff was out of the running. Besides, the lack of official artwork probably contributes to the absence of a Spirit event (Smash renders could be used as a replacement like we saw for Banjo's board, but again that's only for the full blown fighter treatment) and possibly an Oops! All Indies Spirit Event seems more likely if they snuck in that way. All I'm saying is this is probably a case like the missing Porky spirit: sometimes stuff isn't there simply because it isn't.

PicOfMeTalkingMyselfOffALedge.gif
Except for the fact that the official Tarot cards give a ton of artwork for the characters and they can always use in-game sprites like for the Mother series.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
About Nintendo not possibly attending E3 this year, this is surprising since Nintendo has been at E3 for a long time.

But then again, it isn't that surprising since E3 is literally dying.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
We are likely waiting at least a week for an announcement of a Direct.

Between the dubious application of Pokemon Home, the mixed updates about Animal Crossing (and the lack of any information on it otherwise), the lame SNES/NES online games and the utter drought of any other news, this has to be the most indifferent I've been to Nintendo in a long time.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just go do something else. Go ride a bike, go running, go to the park, Play other games you have.
A direct will come when it comes just go do something else for gods sakes
Hey, don't tell me what to do. This isn't bad advice, but still, we have been waiting for a long time. Possibly a minor thing, but still.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Nintendo: 'We succeeded in fully adding Geno to Smash. However, it resulted in us leaving E3 and destroying our internal news structure. Our gaming future is shakey.'

Fans: 'Oh...........so how many songs does Geno have?'

Nintendo: 'Two, of course. Its SQUARE, duh. We're lucky they didn't just give us a 27 second jingle midi instead.'

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Who the Hell is running the reveal schedule at Nintendo honestly? Also, can't wait for the anti disappointment police to crawl out of whatever hole they reside in to tell us how we're not owed anything and we're all just rabid and whatever other buzzwords they can use to be our moral saviors.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Just go do something else. Go ride a bike, go running, go to the park, Play other games you have.
I’m so glad we have you around!!! :) I was sitting at my laptop in a dark room since December and you literally just changed my life!

You’re right, now let’s get back to discussing important things like how Geno won’t be in!!!

I’ll be back later guys, i’m quitting my job so I can go ride a bike!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Pipe down. Most of the bellyaching is deliberately over exaggerated and everyone knows it. None of us are literally holding our breath waiting for a direct announcement.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Aaaaaaand its nothing. No direct this week...
kermit the frog.jpg

edit: well, theres always next week, and then the next week, and the next week, and the next week, and the next week and then the ne...

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Just wait for a little bit, if Nintendo tweets something that isn't an announcement then we can start doomposting.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It's not just here. That Gameexplain video is full of comments of people wondering what the heck is going on with Nintendo and the Directs. Eventually, impatience gets justified if the person is legitimately taking too long to open up.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Off topic but speaking of 64 and E3, here is some rare beta footage of Ocarina of Time at E3 1998:

There's a unknown horse race at around 0:31 and there is footage of beta Hyrule Castle Town at around 1:01. Looking at the buildings at around 1:03 to 1:04 it appears there was going to be another Back Alley in the direction of the Temple of Time. Here is proof that I am right about this:

This is the model for the map in Hyrule Castle Town in the release build of the game. There are collision boxes in the map that prevent you from going to the entrance way to that cut Back Alley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom