• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

link2702

Smash Champion
I’ll be getting the cartridge of ac when it releases next month. My switch is in desperate need of a huge sd card upgrade since I’ve put so many downloads on it...

Course I also just need a new switch, this launch one has certainly seen better days. Speaker is going out, back panel bulging from heat(battery is fine, just back cover panel, got hot one day in summer.) all 3 joycons drift(would be 4/2 pair, but...destroyed one in a fit of gamer rage...because of drift. Really Nintendo fix this ****ing problem, don’t just offer “free repairs”)...so yeah, probably needs a replacement.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The idea of Crash being 6 still isn't resonating with me unless they literally wait until E3 to reveal anything, him being among the first characters negotiated makes little sense to me and I can't see him getting a reveal during a general direct.

As for Ryu, the more I think about it the more I don't see him getting in. Let's address some points.
  • Ryu is heavily rumored for DLC over the last year, yet nothing really comes of it. Flashforward to January, and Byleth is revealed. Three Houses was primarily developed by Koei Tecmo with alongside Intelligent Systems, and Sakurai even said they helped with parts of the trailer.
  • From this, we can also presume they were involved also with other aspects of Byleth's development, such as design docs, supplying models for the stage and its backround elements, ect. People hear Koei Tecmo is involved in something Smash related, people presume it's Ryu, because what else would it be?
  • According to a recent interview with Team Ninja, they know there is demand for more Ninja Gaiden and want to do another game but don't confirm anything beyond that. It doesn't really seem like we are getting a new game from them in the near-future. https://www.ign.com/articles/team-ninja-knows-fans-want-a-new-ninja-gaiden
  • If Koei Tecmo has such a good relationship with Nintendo, working with Nintendo's first-party franchises on 4 separate occasions, and even helping with Smash, why isn't Ryu in yet?
  • Let's look at Nintendo's choices again. Aside from Banjo, who is clearly here out of fan demand, everyone else is from a currently relevant franchise regardless of how old the character actually is. Persona is huge right now, Dragon Quest has always been big in Japan and Nintendo/Square really want to push it in the west, SNK is experiencing a big resurgence right now with rereleases, crossover appearances, SamSho, and KOF 15 also being announced, and Byleth is literally only here because Nintendo wanted a character from a newer game in the pass. I know people hate the relevancy argument but I think it still stands, unless your character has the fan demand to back them up they aren't getting in without a new game. Ryu really doesn't have either.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Because we're mulling talking points for 6, I don't think the Bayonetta glitch is the biggest thing to come out of the recent patch, it's the shield buffs. Talked about this in another thread but all the characters that got shield buffs have at least one of the following:

-Are tall.
-Have long ears, hair, and/or tail.
-Have abnormally large feet.
-Have exaggerated facial features that stick out (for example, Plant's lips).

This also suggests that 6 is tall and has notable "protrusions" that needed better coverage while shielding.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Because we're mulling talking points for 6, I don't think the Bayonetta glitch is the biggest thing to come out of the recent patch, it's the shield buffs. Talked about this in another thread but all the characters that got shield buffs have at least one of the following:

-Are tall.

This also suggests that 6 is tall and has notable "protrusions" that needed better coverage while shielding.
Or they just wanted to buff shields in general? Not everything is related to new characters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

-Are tall.

It's finally Roger Smith's time to shine in Smash.

Here we come costume change character!

Ricky Spanish, AT&T Operator Sholanda Dykes, and Jeannie Gold.

Smash x American Dad.

Save this post.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

-Are tall.

Like, perhaps... a big nose, or long clown shoes?

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

-Are tall.

Oh boy, largemanstache

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

-Are tall.

I still think purple pie man is six but this just seems entirely unrelated.

D

Deleted member

-Are tall.

It’s Crash.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I know some brought up Chun-Li earlier, which would be really cool. But, if we are also looking at Nintendo type characters that may fit, do a lot of kicks, and could be tall? How about Cinderace? Nintendo's rep, uses feet to attack, got the long ears? Just a thought.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Or they just wanted to buff shields in general? Not everything is related to new characters.
But it wasn't a universal buff and we have gotten those in the past. Again, it was specific and primarily for characters with "protrusions." For example, the human Mario character didn't get it and the only FE character that got it was Corrin. The Links got it except Toon Link. Neither Samus got it. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out these inconsistencies.

D

Deleted member

-Are tall.

Not really, though?

Yoshi got a shield size increase despite being impossible to shieldstab (as the game calls it [shield poke as the community calls it]), Fox had his shield posture changed to avoid getting poked, Olimar had his shield size increased because it was decreased in the past, and Ice Climbers, Pichu, Young Link, Kirby, Meta Knight, Squirtle, and Duck Hunt are further examples of small characters who received a shield size increase. A huge chunk of the roster had this shield buff because it's been at the forefront of complaints that some characters get shield poked to the point that they may as well not have a shield, echoes of Melee Game and Watch on some of them.

I don't think it means much of anything is all I have to say.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'd be totally down for Crash. He would be a GIGANTIC buffer for E3 for sure, and would certainly give people confidence in the new DLC season starting that strong out of the gate. Whether E3 or general direct reveal, Crash makes perfect sense given the context of the poor reception for Byleth. Geno being an E3 reveal is still a good overall guess though

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Oh, My mind just confirmed is Crash.
Activision loves to milk their franchises, what a better idea than adding him to smash. I think he's a lock now just because of.. Activision

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'd be totally down for Crash. He would be a GIGANTIC buffer for E3 for sure, and would certainly give people confidence in the new DLC season starting that strong out of the gate. Whether E3 or general direct reveal, Crash makes perfect sense given the context of the poor reception for Byleth. Geno being an E3 reveal is still a good overall guess though
This is the exact boat I'm in. I'd love to see Geno get the big E3 reveal treatment as well as seeing Crash at the forefront of the upcoming pass!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like that's there's way too much stuff out now to hard suggest that Crash isn't 6. It's not even worth listing everything but, like Dante for 5, it's gotten to the point of oversaturation. Too many people are expecting it and it's been like this literally since Byleth was revealed. This is the company that pulled out all the stops to keep Byleth from hard leaking after all.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I feel like that's there's way too much stuff out now to hard suggest that Crash isn't 6. It's not even worth listing everything but, like Dante for 5, it's gotten to the point of oversaturation. Too many people are expecting it and it's been like this literally since Byleth was revealed. This is the company that pulled out all the stops to keep Byleth from hard leaking after all.
You forget that Activision is pretty terrible at keeping things secret.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You forget that Activision is pretty terrible at keeping things secret.
I'm fully aware of this but Crash is nothing short of an E3 reveal. He's basically the most wanted Western character the world over and basically has been one of them since Melee. Like I keep saying, E3 is where the homeruns happen and its been this way for Smash since Smash 4. E3 is where Nintendo grandstands its biggest Smash decisions along with the big fan favorites.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I hope Crash is not leak bait.. I'm sure they wouldn't use someone like Geno as leak bait. The majority of the fans think Geno is so far fetched to begin with that nobody seems to believe leaks with him anyway.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm fully aware of this but Crash is nothing short of an E3 reveal. He's basically the most wanted Western character the world over and basically has been one of them since Melee. Like I keep saying, E3 is where the homeruns happen and its been this way for Smash since Smash 4. E3 is where Nintendo grandstands its biggest Smash decisions along with the big fan favorites.
While generally I would agree that E3 is the most likely spot to see Crash, I'm not writing off a general direct reveal either given we had a similarly big Playstation icon with Cloud being revealed as the last big thing in the last general direct of 2015. That, and Byleth's poor reception being left to stew/simmer for 5 months straight isn't exactly going to help sell the second Fighter Pass.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Everything about Crash right now is giving me major Hero flashbacks. Character supposedly heard by a lot of people that seems super likely to show up, and people assume he has to be coming next. Crash feels too big to show up anywhere outside of E3. At this point, I'm expecting him to be the E3 reveal along with Dante if they do a double reveal again, and I don't know if they will. Dante leading the pass makes more sense in my eyes, but I also feel if he was indeed Number 6 we would know by now.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Everything about Crash right now is giving me major Hero flashbacks right now. Character supposedly heard by a lot of people that seems super likely to show up, and people assume he has to be coming next. Crash feels too big to show up anywhere outside of E3
Crash is giving me more Hayabusa vibes than anything else honestly. That one character a buncha unknown insiders kept talking about and then gets shot down either by new developments or the next reveal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My whole thing is that it's not really going to take a lot to get people talking and buying Season 2. People kind of exaggerate how badly Byleth was received. Worst received character so far? Yes. Bad enough for people to totally write off Season 2 without a massive megaton at the forefront? Absolutely not. In my own predictions, if it's not Waluigi, I see Dante filling this role just fine too. The situation doesn't call for Crash, a character heavily requested by both casuals and the Smash fanbase, to be 6. People were bummed about Byleth, not suicidal.

MattX20

Smash Hero
My whole thing is that it's not really going to take a lot to get people talking and buying Season 2. People kind of exaggerate how badly Byleth was received. Worst received character so far? Yes. Bad enough for people to totally write off Season 2 without a massive megaton at the forefront? Absolutely not. In my own predictions, if it's not Waluigi, I see Dante filling this role just fine too. The situation doesn't call for Crash, a character heavily requested by both casuals and the Smash fanbase, to be 6. People were bummed about Byleth, not suicidal.
The reactions came off moreso incredibly enraged at worst or just disappointment at best. That, and people at least had a taste of the first fighter pass with Joker literally hours before Ultimate released. The drama regarding Byleth hasn't died down any, especially the competitive scene where Byleth is held in low regard. Though, if it turns out to be Dante and not Crash, I would be totally okay with that too since his games have gotten a massive promotional boost thanks to DMC5's reception and the Switch ports of the first 3 games so far.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
You said it before and it's true: expectations are low after Byleth. Honestly, who isn't going to be more of an "improvement" in the eyes or the Smash community? Seems like anyone would get people talking, leaving Crash for E3/FP7 or FP8.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice

-Are tall.

I pick up what you're putting down, but I figured between shields being inconsistent on some characters, as well as Byleth being a shield annihilator, they just wanted to make shields more uniform.

Interesting observation though, as usual.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You said it before and it's true: expectations are low after Byleth. Honestly, who isn't going to be more of an "improvement" in the eyes or the Smash community? Seems like anyone would get people talking, leaving Crash for E3/FP7 or FP8.
Exactly. Like I keep arguing, Plant was badly received but Banjo didn't need to save the day. It's the same situation here. Ironically, the best choice in my opinion is not the most obvious choice but the opposite because that is what makes headlines. Joker was one of the best reveals so far because of how unexpected he was. Even WALMART is predicting Crash for this pass.

link2702

Smash Champion
Can anyone tell me what this new glitch is with bayonetta, and why it matters for geno? I can’t keep up anymore with anything, everything going by so quickly.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
It's finally Roger Smith's time to shine in Smash.

Here we come costume change character!

Ricky Spanish, AT&T Operator Sholanda Dykes, and Jeannie Gold.

Smash x American Dad.

Save this post.
Actually Down B has him change persona with completely different moveset

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Exactly. Like I keep arguing, Plant was badly received but Banjo didn't need to save the day. It's the same situation here. Ironically, the best choice in my opinion is not the most obvious choice but the opposite because that is what makes headlines. Joker was one of the best reveals so far because of how unexpected he was. Even WALMART is predicting Crash for this pass.
I still think you are putting way too much faith in Waluigi for no real reason. Like, seriously, what is supporting him right now other than "well he makes sense as number 6". Nintendo starting DLC with their own characters? Everything points to Plant being meant for base game, and the first proper DLC character they revealed was Joker and they ended on Byleth, a first-party character anyway. He's been heard a lot by insiders? So have characters like Ryu, and it really feels like he was some kind of misinterpretation/leakbait for Byleth. I mean seriously, it feels like you are structuring most of your theorycrafting around the idea that he has to be 6 for some reason, and I don't get why.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone tell me what this new glitch is with bayonetta, and why it matters for geno? I can’t keep up anymore with anything, everything going by so quickly.

Idk what the exact glitch is, but people are drawing parallels to the Jr, and Mii sword glitches what we speculating then as bases for plant and hero.

I'm sure there other ones I'm missing here.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still think you are putting way too much faith in Waluigi for no real reason. Like, seriously, what is supporting him right now other than "well he makes sense as number 6". Nintendo starting DLC with their own characters? Everything points to Plant being meant for base game, and the first proper DLC character they revealed was Joker and they ended on Byleth, a first-party character anyway. He's been heard a lot by insiders? So have characters like Ryu, and it really feels like he was some kind of misinterpretation/leakbait for Byleth. I mean seriously, it feels like you are structuring most of your theorycrafting around the idea that he has to be 6 for some reason, and I don't get why.
I've been explaining my reasons since November. I'm not going to recap three months of theorycraft because people find Waluigi "unsavory." I've kind of gone ridiculously deep into this topic so, no, it's not "no real reason." There's a lot and, like I keep repeating, disregard at your own peril. We did it with Byleth. I did it with Byleth. I'm not making that mistake again.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Idk what the exact glitch is, but people are drawing parallels to the Jr, and Mii sword glitches what we speculating then as bases for plant and hero.
Still don¨t get why Bayonetta of all character would be connected to Geno? Mega Man,? Mii Gunner? Maybe even Mario? I can see that. But Bayo? She does not scream Geno what so ever. I mean, they used ZSS as the model for Bayo for heck sake.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Ive been reading over the last few pages, and I feel like ever since yesterday with "Mii Costume Guy" (Not "The Mii Costume Guy") having doubts about Geno in PapaGenos's video/Other "negative" news such as Doomguy being disconfirmed, everyone has doubts on Geno and loses hope. But I wouldn't lose hope yet. There still isn't definitive evidence for the Cacomallow leak to be fake, and if Crash does come (Which I think is super likely), that means we'll be getting Mallow and Smithy costumes, or possibly spirits if the "Mii Costume Guy" misinterpreted it like last time.

I just hope we still have hope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still don¨t get why Bayonetta of all character would be connected to Geno? Mega Man,? Mii Gunner? Maybe even Mario? I can see that. But Bayo? She does not scream Geno what so ever. I mean, they used ZSS as the model for Bayo for heck sake.
I theorized that Bayonetta is relatable to Geno in that she is the only combo based character who isn't a fighting game representative, as well as the only non-fighter character who has an attack affected by a traditional fighter input (hadouken downward angled abk), and I think only the fool's fool disagrees Geno would bring timed hits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
There still isn't definitive evidence for the Cacomallow leak to be fake,
I argue that the interview makes Cacamallow pretty dead.. It does not kill Geno's chances, but pretty much kill Cacamallow. Or does the interview with Nomura and Suda does not disconfirm Sora and/or Travis then?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom