• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That would make sense to do. If they had intended to have Geno just be a Mii costume only, the costume and the Chocobo hat would've been in the Mii Fighter costume wave with the DQ heroes and that would be it.
If not the DQ heroes, the Banjo wave or Byleth would of been appropriate.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I want to clarify something. "Mii costume guy" is not THE Mii costume guy. The guy me and Papa talk to is an in-between and confidant of "Mii costume guy." The confidant is doubting Geno, not the actual "Mii costume guy."

D

Deleted member

I want to clarify something. "Mii costume guy" is not THE Mii costume guy. The guy me and Papa talk to is an in-between and confidant of "Mii costume guy." The confidant is doubting Geno, not the actual "Mii costume guy."
What exactly does a confident do?

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
Then again, we've definitely seen a uptick in people thinking that Geno will most likely be relegated to an upgraded Mii Costume, which is a pretty demoralizing prospect. So while he wasn't right about how demoralized we'd be over this, he's not entirely wrong in his assessment either.
I'd actually be okay with a premium Mii costume. Of course Geno as an actual character is the much better scenario, but the premium Mii costumes are really high quality, and his proportions fit a Mii pretty well. Not the worst scenario for Geno by any means.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What exactly does a confident do?
A trusted acquaintance. Someone who can hold information as a third party.

I would imagine their personal information is shared with one another to make sure "If you say anything, I know who you are, Jeff!"

EDIT: See below

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
that’s healthy. I am not anywhere near 100% certain myself and I wouldn’t call anyone who isn’t a pessimist. The pessimists are the ones who ignore glaring signs that are there. And some are just trolls or fans of other characters who have nothing better to do but frequent a support thread for a character that makes them seethe.

I’m probably sitting at Geno being 75% likely. Has a ton in his favor but wouldn’t ever be shocked to get BTFO again
Oh I'm just saying I am generally a pessimist though, and hell, I'd say his chances are even higher.

At this point though, he's 99.999999% for premium costume (with 2 tracks) or a playable fighter, at least in my eyes based mostly on the tracks taken down. If that never happened, I'd probably be in the ~60-75% club.

Then again, we've definitely seen a uptick in people thinking that Geno will most likely be relegated to an upgraded Mii Costume, which is a pretty demoralizing prospect. So while he wasn't right about how demoralized we'd be over this, he's not entirely wrong in his assessment either.
I really, really, REALLY don't think it's a costume with 2 tracks. I mean why give us a second when 1 gets the job done perfectly? The only thing I can think of is they falsely took down Fight Against an Armed Boss to throw people off like me, seeing 2 SE tracks instead of 1. Outside of that... idk.

Also as we've touched on many times, this costume would *have* to come with another SE character. Who else would get that spot? Sora would be the next character, but lul Disney, unless SE would actually go with a second FF character, none of which besides Sephiroth gets enough demand (and it's lower than Geno and Sora for sure).

I was talking about Imran, not the costume leaker. I assumed you was talking about Imran too.
Did he say something regarding Geno?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is there a source for this?
We've largely speculated based on a number of factors like how 16 dummy slots were in the game's code by January 2019 and how, based on some of my contacts, we know Directs usually start filming about a month and a half out from their actual date, meaning the "Season 2" announcement back in September was actually put in there in July.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The difference with the Bayonetta glitch is that, unlike duck hunt and Mii Swordfighter, they actually did adjust Bayonetta's code, so there's a reasonable explanation for the glitch. The reason the first two were suspicious is because there was no reason for their code to change.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
We've largely speculated based on a number of factors like how 16 dummy slots were in the game's code by January 2019 and how, based on some of my contacts, we know Directs usually start filming about a month and a half out from their actual date, meaning the "Season 2" announcement back in September was actually put in there in July.
Which would likely mean they decided on making a FP2 (and potentially even an FP3) back when FP1 didn't even start yet. Negotiations (for third party) for FP2 probably done during E3 last year (and elsewhere). Will not be surprised if we are getting FP3 (or more DLC after #11), that negotiations would take place during E3 this year, with some maybe having already taken place.

All in all, smart to put in way more slots than needed. I'm sure that's easier to do than adding slots in the future.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Which would likely mean they decided on making a FP2 (and potentially even an FP3) back when FP1 didn't even start yet. Negotiations (for third party) for FP2 probably done during E3 last year (and elsewhere). Will not be surprised if we are getting FP3 (or more DLC after #11), that negotiations would take place during E3 this year, with some maybe having already taken place.
The timeline we set up is that Season 2 was probably decided December 2018, greenlit June 2019, and all negotiations and planning were wrapped up in January 2020. This honestly sounds right because supposedly Season 1 was decided around February/March 2018, greenlit May/June 2018, and all negotiations and planning were wrapped up November 2018.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
The timeline we set up is that Season 2 was probably decided December 2018, greenlit June 2019, and all negotiations and planning were wrapped up in January 2020. This honestly sounds right because supposedly Season 1 was decided around February/March 2018, greenlit May/June 2018, and all negotiations and planning were wrapped up November 2018.
Hmmm, greenlit in June you say? Interesting how those SMRPG songs were taken down sometime between the middle of May and the middle of July... ;)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmmm, greenlit in June you say? Interesting how those SMRPG songs were taken down sometime between the middle of May and the middle of July... ;)
Not to mention this is around the time the Crash and Dante rumors got really aggressive with insiders hearing both a ton and this honestly makes sense. E3 is where some of the biggest names in the industry are literally in the same room so a lot of crossover negotiations typically happen during that week, especially if it's a Western company working with a Japanese company and vice versa.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Not to mention this is around the time the Crash and Dante rumors got really aggressive with insiders hearing both a ton and this honestly makes sense. E3 is where some of the biggest names in the industry are literally in the same room so a lot of crossover negotiations typically happen during that week, especially if it's a Western company working with a Japanese company and vice versa.
Eeeeee, this speculation excites me so much, but I need to keep expectations in check. It's just hard because we have actually decent evidence on our hands. Some circumstantial, some now; nothing is ever 100%, but how can I not be excited by this?

If this does pan out though, I'd be willing to bet YouTube will be scoured for Nintendo takedowns.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The difference with the Bayonetta glitch is that, unlike duck hunt and Mii Swordfighter, they actually did adjust Bayonetta's code, so there's a reasonable explanation for the glitch. The reason the first two were suspicious is because there was no reason for their code to change.
It seems they found Ridley was used for Banjo & Kazooie, anyway, or at least that's what someone said (I forgot who, in Newcomer Speculation).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Preload means demo I'm assuming?
sadly, nope, just that the game is on your switch untill the release day but it being digital, is probably gonna unlock at 12am on the 19th since most digitals unlock at 12 am. Though playing AC for the first time when everyone is asleep in town would be very weird

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
unrelated but
Ty. Was waiting for when I could FINALLY !@#$ING BUY THE GAME ALREADY DX

Edit: And bought. Would have probably waited for a sale but I still had eShop cash sitting around and that won't be discounted any time soon.

No, preload is where you technically download it in advance so it doesn't take a billion years on launch day. It's the equivalent of baking a cake for a party but then putting it in the fridge until the party.
With the added benefit of the data quality not degrading over the next month and a half, unlike a cake that definitely dries out the longer it sits in the fridge after a few days.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
No, preload is where you technically download it in advance so it doesn't take a billion years on launch day. It's the equivalent of baking a cake for a party but then putting it in the fridge until the party.
sadly, nope, just that the game is on your switch untill the release day but it being digital, is probably gonna unlock at 12am on the 19th since most digitals unlock at 12 am. Though playing AC for the first time when everyone is asleep in town would be very weird
Oh. I see, well enjoy the game

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Closest reason I could think of is Ridley's wings and his dash attack
I also always felt they based Banjo's B-AIR off of Ridleys F-AIR. Kazooie does a bunch of pecks while Ridley pokes you a lot with his tail. Things are not looking too high or too low for Geno. Whether it be a very nice looking upgraded Mii costume or his very own playable roster spot, I'm pretty confident he will be in.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
On the topic of Disney being hard to work with, I just read an article about them taking $250 out of the $800 raised at an elementary school fundraiser because they watched the Lion King.

Closest reason I could think of is Ridley's wings and his dash attack
I get the wings, but how does Ridley's dash attack relate to Banjo?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
On the topic of Disney being hard to work with, I just read an article about them taking $250 out of the $800 raised at an elementary school fundraiser because they watched the Lion King.

I get the wings, but how does Ridley's dash attack relate to Banjo?
Literally just the fact that they both have side B's that move forward. Admittedly it's a stretch, but I should clarify that I'm not entirely sold on the "Ridley was used for banjo" concept either. Charizard's side b is much more similar to wonder wing in my opinion, given that they do decent damage and have invincibility frames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom