• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let's focus on figuring out who #6 and leave anime/animated aesthetic arguments outside of this thread. Besides, we potentially have at most a week to figure out who it is. I'll concede based on Fatman's recent breakdown from earlier this morning that Geno probably isn't 6, but the odds of 6 being female, possibly fighting game, are considerable at the very least

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I never claimed you were saying it's literally from an anime. I'm saying it's not anime style at all.
then I'll just have to settle for you being incorrect. (Here's a fun fact, early anime designs were based on the Disney style, so there's bound to be some level of overlap) also Sora's stylization is not the same as elsa's. I won't be taken to task for your refusal to see what is so glaringly apparent. Back to geno.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I forgot to mention that part. I've entered all Nintendo wifi tournaments and THANKFULLY they save the dates on all of them so i'm now gonna give the list of the characters that came out and when the tournaments started

PP Came out in Jan 29 2019 Ultimate NA open was on Feb 2nd 2019

June 29 was the 2nd NA Open Hero came out a Month later because of e3

Banjo came out September 4th and the 3rd NA open was on Sept 21

Terry came out on Nov 6th and the 4th NA open was on the 10th of Nov

Byleth of course came out on January 28th 2020 the 5th NA open was on Feb 2 2020

The next tournament starts on the 29th
I feel this is a pretty dang strong "theory". There was always a hunch I had about the tournaments that were announced, but didn't consider the WiFi tournaments. So what we could be looking at is the fighter could be ready within a months time.

Also, the Bayonetta glitch is pretty interesting. With everything pointed out by Fatmanonice Fatmanonice about the newer seasons of Smash starting with a Nintendo character, it could be the Wah. That honestly blows my mind. And being crazy about this, maybe it could be Geno? His aerials could incorporate his feet with weapons in them. ALSO, start with a "Nintendo" character...IDK.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I feel this is a pretty dang strong "theory". There was always a hunch I had about the tournaments that were announced, but didn't consider the WiFi tournaments. So what we could be looking at is the fighter could be ready within a months time.

Also, the Bayonetta glitch is pretty interesting. With everything pointed out by Fatmanonice Fatmanonice about the newer seasons of Smash starting with a Nintendo character, it could be the Wah. That honestly blows my mind. And being crazy about this, maybe it could be Geno? His aerials could incorporate his feet with weapons in them. ALSO, start with a "Nintendo" character...IDK.
The difference here is that Piranha Plant was intended for base game, and delayed to DLC. Honestly, I don't think our first character will be first party, I think it'll be a higher profile 3rd party character or a female character given that they're sharing Bayo's traits.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Hey everyone I see you guys have heard the news but I just got off the phone with an industry inside source and he confirmed to me that Sora is indeed out of the running but supposedly Geno still has a shot just thought everyone would like to know

pic related: my anonymous source

my source.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I personally don’t believe in that 4Chan Bayonetta and glitch thing. As Lord Woomy Lord Woomy said, the glitches are not the same or related to most of each other, and there was nothing found for Terry. I don’t think there could be a character easily based off Bayonetta, since she is so unique, anyway. This theory seems to be a coincidence, and it could be any character, really.

Dynamic Worlok

I personally don’t believe in that 4Chan Bayonetta and glitch thing. As Lord Woomy Lord Woomy said, the glitches are not the same or related to most of each other, and there was nothing found for Terry. I don’t think there could be a character easily based off Bayonetta, since she is so unique, anyway. This theory seems to be a coincidence, and it could be any character, really.
Personally, I don't either, but it does make for some fun speculation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Season 2 starting with Nintendo makes sense for a lot of reasons:

-Like I said, they always have except with Smash 4 DLC and, even then, it was Pokemon, which was still kind of a hard Nintendo flex anyways given that partnership has existed since the first game.

-Nintendo characters wouldn't require negotiation so they'd be the easiest to get.

-If corporate Nintendo chooses the characters, of course they're going to put themselves first.

MattX20

Smash Hero

-Like I said, they always have except with Smash 4 DLC and, even then, it was Pokemon, which was still kind of a hard Nintendo flex anyways given that partnership has existed since the first game.

-Nintendo characters wouldn't require negotiation so they'd be the easiest to get.

-If corporate Nintendo chooses the characters, of course they're going to put themselves first.
True, but after Byleth's disastrous reception, I'm not sure they'd feel that way. Even if we got someone like the Ring Fit Adventure protags, it wouldn't exactly be the pick to get people wanting to buy it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Ah, but what makes sense is not always true in the end. Plus, they did not start the first pass off with a Nintendo character (Pirahna Plang does not count), so there is a chance they won’t start with an Nintendo character in the second pass.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
True, but after Byleth's disastrous reception, I'm not sure they'd feel that way. Even if we got someone like the Ring Fit Adventure protags, it wouldn't exactly be the pick to get people wanting to buy it.
Depends if they know Byleth wasn't wanted because he's exactly what the community keeps asking to not happen and not because he's Nintendo character then they still could go Nintendo first. There are plenty of Nintendo characters people want and they still have the ballot and a ballot pick as the first slot would do wonders.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm going to say Season 2 opens with a third party character. Nintendo's pick is probably one of the last two of the pass if Season 1 is anything to go by

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

I don't think Nintendo will be number 6. There hasn't been a new FE game announced.

:4pacman:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey everyone I see you guys have heard the news but I just got off the phone with an industry inside source and he confirmed to me that Sora is indeed out of the running but supposedly Geno still has a shot just thought everyone would like to know

pic related: my anonymous source

View attachment 261279
>Saving an image with a transparent background that isn't actually transparent
KirboCross.png

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for thee.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dont hate me for this but I find it sad that you all, well some of yall, view anything thats not geno as Compitition. This isnt a race, this a fight, this isnt a contest. No one is competition to anyone. There would be nothing wrong with having both geno and, sorry for bringing him up, sora as a double combo. I just want us both to be happy and cheering that you "Competition" is gone makes me sad when I wouldnt mind both characters in..

thats all I wanted to get off my chest. you all can yell at me now

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Two years is plenty of time to develop a fire emblem game with a main character they can sell as dlc
Actually, they will be an original character added to Smash first, then have an FE game about them.

And then they will be on a later DLC list for Smash.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Dont hate me for this but I find it sad that you all, well some of yall, view anything thats not geno as Compitition. This isnt a race, this a fight, this isnt a contest. No one is competition to anyone. There would be nothing wrong with having both geno and, sorry for bringing him up, sora as a double combo. I just want us both to be happy and cheering that you "Competition" is gone makes me sad when I wouldnt mind both characters in..

As I've said, I never viewed Sora as competition. I understood why fans want him as someone who at least played the first 3 games in the series, and nor do I consider Waluigi competition either, just irritating at times like the "fans" who harassed Sakurai on Twitter about it. It doesn't make Waluigi fans look good when stuff like this happens

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Point me to the Zelda and Donkey Kong live-action movies. Point me to the massively successful and popular hip-hop star who has repeatedly fashioned themselves after a Zelda or Donkey Kong character.

Zelda (and by extension, Link) and DK are as big (arguably bigger) than Street Fighter in GAMING culture, but not POP culture.
Bro my PARENTS know Zelda and DK, and my mom’s never touched a video game in her life. SF isn’t anywhere close, and dude there’s a live action King of Fighters movie so is that bigger in pop culture than Zelda too?

Dynamic Worlok

I like kingdom hearts and I wouldn't mind both of them either. However, even given his Disney affiliation, Sora is very much square, and I'm all but certain Nintendo isn't gonna double dip on third parties in the second pass. Sora being out of the way does make geno a much more believable possibility, like it or not. I definitely wouldn't mind both, but if I had to pick a side, no hard feelings, but it's geno all the way

Actually, they will be an original character added to Smash first, then have an FE game about them.

And then they will be on a later DLC list for Smash.
Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I like kingdom hearts and I wouldn't mind both of them either. However, even given his Disney affiliation, Sora is very much square, and I'm all but certain Nintendo isn't gonna double dip on third parties in the second pass. Sora being out of the way does make geno a much more believable possibility, like it or not. I definitely wouldn't mind both, but if I had to pick a side, no hard feelings, but it's geno all the way
and I understand you would pick geno but thats not the point I was getting across.
Its cheering that they are gone thats the main issue with me.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
and I understand you would pick geno but thats not the point I was getting across.
I get that, and I never once cheered over Disney Japan making things complicated for Sora's inclusion. Much like Isaac fans, Sora fans got screwed over.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I get that, and I never once cheered over Disney Japan making things complicated for Sora's inclusion. Much like Isaac fans, Sora fans got screwed over.
Neither did I. Would have been fine with Sora getting in the game, but I am not butthurt about it, nor did I see him as a competition threat to Geno at all.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
As I've said, I never viewed Sora as competition. I understood why fans want him as someone who at least played the first 3 games in the series, and nor do I consider Waluigi competition either, just irritating at times like the "fans" who harassed Sakurai on Twitter about it. It doesn't make Waluigi fans look good when stuff like this happens
Could you please stop with the generalization?
Two 10 year olds did that, and everytime this incident gets brought up, someone has to drag every Waluigi fan through the mud for it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the upside of the Sora stuff, Disney basically forced Nintendo to go to them, do all the leg work, and set up the meeting but Nintendo did it anyways for the sake of the fans. Basically Disney made it a monstrous pain in the ass and Nintendo did it anyways. That's a pretty big testament to the kinds of lengths that Nintendo likely went for this Season of DLC.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I really do wonder how people around the internet who are fans of characters like Sora and 2B would react if Geno was officially deconfirmed. Probably wouldn't keep it to their own thread and just leave it at "Hey, cool less competition". I don't really see anything that's been posted so far that could be seen as legitimately toxic or harassing of the character/fanbase. Just saying!

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
On the upside of the Sora stuff, Disney basically forced Nintendo to go to them, do all the leg work, and set up the meeting but Nintendo did it anyways for the sake of the fans. Basically Disney made it a monstrous pain in the ass and Nintendo did it anyways. That's a pretty big testament to the kinds of lengths that Nintendo likely went for this Season of DLC.
Yep, it does at least say they're trying to go all out for this season in particular. The only question is who fighter #6 will be at the moment. The one thing we can say for sure is that a Nintendo rep will be one of the six (my personal guess being one of the last two given Byleth and that Piranha Plant was intended for the base game), and that fighter 6 may potentially have some shared traits with Bayonetta which potentially implies a female rep.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I really do wonder how people around the internet who are fans of characters like Sora and 2B would react if Geno was officially deconfirmed. Probably wouldn't keep it to their own thread and just leave it at "Hey, cool less competition". I don't really see anything that's been posted so far that could be seen as legitimately toxic or harassing of the character/fanbase. Just saying!
Hell, of all the people to post about it, I might have been "the most toxic" (because there has to be one of "the most") by simply saying Sora's on my list of characters I don't want in Smash (and I do still think this does help Geno's chances), but even then, I did say I was sorry for people who did want him because it really does suck that they don't get their #1 pick, and I do genuinely mean that. Just because I don't want the pick in doesn't mean I will actively try and deny someone's favorite from getting in. But yeah, no one here is actually being toxic about it.

As for DLC 6, it could be anyone, but I've already stated who I think would best suit it: Geno, Waluigi, or Shovel Knight. Any of those would start off with a bang IMO; the latter 2 bringing AT-promotion to the next ~2y of speculation, SK also bringing indie speculation. Geno would bring more fan-requested/irrelevant character discussion, and also shatter GameFAQ's toxic cesspool of hating the blue doll.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I mean Nintendo approaching first and setting things up is the normal way it goes so that doesn't show anything special. Going after a character people wanted though is nice.

Dynamic Worlok

I don't agree with those bearing ill will to the character or his fans, but I can't begrudge people a little celebration when a direct competitor is axed.

Yep, it does at least say they're trying to go all out for this season in particular. The only question is who fighter #6 will be at the moment. The one thing we can say for sure is that a Nintendo rep will be one of the six (my personal guess being one of the last two given Byleth and that Piranha Plant was intended for the base game), and that fighter 6 may potentially have some shared traits with Bayonetta which potentially implies a female rep.
Waluigi got legs for days, all I'm saying..

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
For the love of god, it's not Waluigi. The majority of people who want Waluigi only do so because of memes and not because they actually like the character. That, and his kicks are not autocombo'd, which puts him at direct odds with the description of the physical attacker for Fighter 6.
Ironic coming from the guy who gets facts wrong 75% of the time then completely ignores me when I prove why said assertions are wrong.

Again, please tell me WHERE Sakurai said 6 would be a third party, i’m waiting, Matt.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't agree with those bearing ill will to the character or his fans, but I can't begrudge people a little celebration when a direct competitor is axed.

Waluigi got legs for days, all I'm saying..
Except it doesn't make sense to use a female character as a base/use characteristics of one for Waluigi since he already has a character model in Ultimate.

Ironic coming from the guy who gets facts wrong 75% of the time then completely ignores me when I prove why said assertions are wrong.

Again, please tell me WHERE Sakurai said 6 would be a third party, i’m waiting, Matt.
I didn't say Sakurai claimed there was a third party rep next, the interview implied that to be the case since Nintendo turned down his initial choice. I admit I can be wrong about things at times, but that's the flow of speculation for Smash in general. I admit that I was wrong regarding Dragon Quest, but much like Fatman, I speculate and am not a leaker/insider. I'm just stating my overall thoughts and my own conclusions based on the facts that are laid out when they show up.

D

Deleted member

I just dont like it. I find it to be mean spirited personally
It happens a lot. And in hind sight, yes Sora is a competitor to Geno. They both stem from the same company. Is it a bad thing, depends. Should we be celebrating it, of course not. But, they are competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom