• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I need a lead of the direct date tbh. Need somthing to look forward too, a bright spot in this drought lmao.
I gave a potential lead awhile back publicly in this thread.

Its very likely this coming week. (Or a slim chance of it being the following week)

Last edited:

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I gave a potential lead awhile back publicly in this thread.

Its very likely this coming week. (Or a slim chance of it being the following week)
Personally I dont think we'll get anything in February at all

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, a new Donkey Kong?! When was this mentioned/heard?
This is one of Markomaro's rumors from November.

https://mobile.twitter.com/newmarkomaro/status/1190952022813675521?lang=en

On my end, I give this credence because of one of my "Christmas gifts" from one of my insider pals. As a reminder, he said a SNES Online dump was coming "soon" and at least three of the games would tie into future announcements. He then turned up the Smart Ass dial to 11 by saying most would be unreleased SNES Classic games. Several weeks later in I believe early January, he just kind of came out of nowhere and was like, "okay, one of the three is Donkey Kong Country." Oh... Oh? OH! This is why I think one of them could be SMRPG and, if it is, to quote George Washington after crossing the Deleware on December 26th 1776 to sneak attack the British "it's over for you hoes" and make the wait for E3 that much harder.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
This is one of Markomaro's rumors from November.

https://mobile.twitter.com/newmarkomaro/status/1190952022813675521?lang=en

On my end, I give this credence because of one of my "Christmas gifts" from one of my insider pals. As a reminder, he said a SNES Online dump was coming "soon" and at least three of the games would tie into future announcements. He then turned up the Smart Ass dial to 11 by saying most would be unreleased SNES Classic games. Several weeks later in I believe early January, he just kind of came out of nowhere and was like, "okay, one of the three is Donkey Kong Country." Oh... Oh? OH! This is why I think one of them could be SMRPG and, if it is, to quote George Washington after crossing the Deleware on December 26th 1776 to sneak attack the British "it's over for you hoes" and make the wait for E3 that much harder.
Gonna prep some "hoes glad" memes

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hello Geno thread, it has been a bit, huh? Just 10 shy from 100 pages since I posted, geez

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Hi everyone! Sorry ive been inactive for the last 15 or so pages/a few days. My laptop battery broke, and I had to fix it, along with the trackpad.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Hi everyone! Sorry ive been inactive for the last 15 or so pages/a few days. My laptop battery broke, and I had to fix it, along with the trackpad.
Nice to see you back pal!
sorry about your battery tho

Did someone say Donkey Kong?
Yes

Hello Geno thread, it has been a bit, huh? Just 10 shy from 100 pages since I posted, geez
Yeah this place moves faster than a battle between Fox and Falco in Melee

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I know I’m on a ton of ignore lists in this thread atm but I’ll say this.

I likely won’t be posting in this thread anymore. After thinking about it some more, its not worth the time to try and force my beliefs and arguments onto people who likely won’t change their mind one way or the other. I still wholeheartedly believe that Spirits likely deconfirm, but I’m not going to constantly go in this thread anymore just to say that, or any other anti Geno posts here.

I’ll devote my time and energy in threads of characters I actually support instead (Monokuma, Crash, Dante, Lloyd, 2B, and much more). Again, its not worth coming here constantly to debate people over a character that I personally have no interest in, and which is heavily supported in this thread.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I still say that maybe Nintendo will break the ice for Smash News either on Feb or March to save the next on at Summer Direct or E3 Direct

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

I likely won’t be posting in this thread anymore. After thinking about it some more, its not worth the time to try and force my beliefs and arguments onto people who likely won’t change their mind one way or the other. I still wholeheartedly believe that Spirits likely deconfirm, but I’m not going to constantly go in this thread anymore just to say that, or any other anti Geno posts here.

I’ll devote my time and energy in threads of characters I actually support instead (Monokuma, Crash, Dante, Lloyd, 2B, and much more). Again, its not worth coming here constantly to debate people over a character that I personally have no interest in, and which is heavily supported in this thread.
By jove! The lad's got it! Best of luck to you! Except for your spirits prediction, I sincerely hope you have the worst luck in that regard! :4pacman:

Shadow__Myth

Smash Cadet
Well Smash news is going to be either going to be in the Feb/Mar direct or we need to wait 5 months for E3. Hopefully we have a Joker situation where they show a trailer for a character way before they're ready. I think that's way better than revealing a character and then releasing them 2 weeks later.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm thinking February, or March at the latest. I don't see us having a long wait until E3, unless either something happened and they had to restart development, or Fighter 6 happens to be someone who's having a game revealed at E3 and they're holding them back for promotional purposes.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Gonna be real, I think the idea that we won’t see character 6 until E3 is kinda absurd. We’ve seen Smash Ultimate stuff in literally every Direct since the game was announced, so why would now be any different?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As a fanbase, I will say we're in a ridiculously good spot right now. It's kind of stupid because we have checkmates set up for a ton of plausible scenarios:

-6 is literally a promotion of any kind.
-6 is not a Square Enix character to entail the Geno costume.
-No definitive evidence comes out to debase Cacomallow.
-6 is Crash.
-SMRPG is part of the upcoming SNES Online dump.

Keep in mind that these are scenarios where it's pretty much GG. Aside from another Square Enix character for 6, we're still in the game either way and it's looking great. These are pretty much kill shots if any of them come to pass.

Dukefire

Smash Master
In that case, we might just get a trailer like Joker's appearence at the VGA, but no gameplay footage until later

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I've been thinking over who actually makes the most sense for Fighter 6, I'm going to make a pretty safe assumption that whoever 6 is, they're from a company that already has something in Smash, like many people have pointed out it just makes the most sense negotiation and time wise that they would be the first decided and developed, and that whoever is getting revealed is relatively big, Nintendo likes to start off Smash reveals strong. So let's go through all the companies.

• SNK: No. Terry is pretty clearly here to represent all of SNK.
  • Konami : No.I don't see Bomberman getting upgraded (it sucks), and the only other franchises I can see getting something in Smash from them is Contra I guess, but I don't see that happenning either and certainly not 6. Bill Rizer mii costume could actually happen though, I mean Goemon got one.
  • Sega : Maybe? Honestly, the only Sega character I can see getting in is a Yakuza rep, and I don't know if Nintendo would pick that, but he could be a sleeper pick so who knows. Either way I don't think he'd be 6 anyway, and neither would Arle.
  • Microsoft: If they do get a character they probably aern't first. Chief is way too damn big and I don't know if I see them picking Steve over him anyway, but if they did I don't think he'd be negotiated as one of the first anyway.
  • Namco : Fully expect but doesn't really make sense in my mind as the first. Neither Heihachi or Lloyd feel hype or unexpected enough in my mind to carry the pass as the first but who knows.
  • Capcom : Big HMMMMM here. I'm pretty much fully on the Dante train at this point, and while I think he's a perfect pick to start the pass I also don't see him being 6. Pretty much everyone has heard him at this point but it also seems relatively recent, and given how Capcom stuff tends to leak, I think we would know if he was coming first. Could happen, but I think he's a much safer bet to come later.
  • Nintendo : I don't think so. I'm pretty iffy on another shill pick as it is and Nintendo isn't stupid enough to follow up Byleth or start a pass with one. So that just leaves the other first party options, and the only one I really see as plausible is Waluigi. I know people will disagree with me on this, but if any first party character gets promoted, its him, full stop. That being said, I don't see it happening. I agree with pretty much everything Fatman has said on him making perfect sense as 6, and have my own theories on the matter, but I genuinely don't see it, and do think he was leakbait for Byleth, he's come up too often for it not to be the case.
So that just leaves . . . Square. Huh. Lets think about this, something I've been thinking about for awhile. Hero presentation at end of July, recorded sometime in June. No Chocobo or Geno costume to be seen. Even if we assume that "oh they could have taken out the costumes after recording because it's just a seperate video" if the Costumes were moved to a different Square character at all, this was decided on by the end of July, meaning that whoever they were moved to was decided on by that point. I think this really points to Square having one of the first slots on the pass if not THE first. Also worth pointing out this means whoever they picked would likely be easy to negotiate for. Maybe even someone who's rights are even already negotiated? Just a thought.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The more we think about it, it does seem more than likely we see 6 presented, even released, before E3.

I just can't fathom Nintendo/Smash to hold off ~5 months before even showing anything. Even if it is "Show him and release him!" is still absurd.

It's gotta be a reveal in February and then release sometime in March or April.

I highly doubt FP2 began ground up when they first announced in in September, gotta be back in E3 2019 time to get the ball moving.

Firox

Smash Master
I've been thinking over who actually makes the most sense for Fighter 6, I'm going to make a pretty safe assumption that whoever 6 is, they're from a company that already has something in Smash, like many people have pointed out it just makes the most sense negotiation and time wise that they would be the first decided and developed, and that whoever is getting revealed is relatively big, Nintendo likes to start off Smash reveals strong. So let's go through all the companies.

• SNK: No. Terry is pretty clearly here to represent all of SNK.
  • Konami : No.I don't see Bomberman getting upgraded (it sucks), and the only other franchises I can see getting something in Smash from them is Contra I guess, but I don't see that happenning either and certainly not 6. Bill Rizer mii costume could actually happen though, I mean Goemon got one.
  • Sega : Maybe? Honestly, the only Sega character I can see getting in is a Yakuza rep, and I don't know if Nintendo would pick that, but he could be a sleeper pick so who knows. Either way I don't think he'd be 6 anyway, and neither would Arle.
  • Microsoft: If they do get a character they probably aern't first. Chief is way too damn big and I don't know if I see them picking Steve over him anyway, but if they did I don't think he'd be negotiated as one of the first anyway.
  • Namco : Fully expect but doesn't really make sense in my mind as the first. Neither Heihachi or Lloyd feel hype or unexpected enough in my mind to carry the pass as the first but who knows.
  • Capcom : Big HMMMMM here. I'm pretty much fully on the Dante train at this point, and while I think he's a perfect pick to start the pass I also don't see him being 6. Pretty much everyone has heard him at this point but it also seems relatively recent, and given how Capcom stuff tends to leak, I think we would know if he was coming first. Could happen, but I think he's a much safer bet to come later.
  • Nintendo : I don't think so. I'm pretty iffy on another shill pick as it is and Nintendo isn't stupid enough to follow up Byleth or start a pass with one. So that just leaves the other first party options, and the only one I really see as plausible is Waluigi. I know people will disagree with me on this, but if any first party character gets promoted, its him, full stop. That being said, I don't see it happening. I agree with pretty much everything Fatman has said on him making perfect sense as 6, and have my own theories on the matter, but I genuinely don't see it, and do think he was leakbait for Byleth, he's come up too often for it not to be the case.
So that just leaves . . . Square. Huh. Lets think about this, something I've been thinking about for awhile. Hero presentation at end of July, recorded sometime in June. No Chocobo or Geno costume to be seen. Even if we assume that "oh they could have taken out the costumes after recording because it's just a seperate video" if the Costumes were moved to a different Square character at all, this was decided on by the end of July, meaning that whoever they were moved to was decided on by that point. I think this really points to Square having one of the first slots on the pass if not THE first. Also worth pointing out this means whoever they picked would likely be easy to negotiate for. Maybe even someone who's rights are even already negotiated? Just a thought.
Following your logic here, I'm putting my money on #6 being from Capcom, Namco or none of the above listed companies. Reason being, Square's reveal, regardless of being Geno, feels more like an E3-status reveal. I don't feel that Microsoft or Square will get unveiled so soon. In the interest of variety, I also agree that we wouldn't get two Nintendo reps so close together. Either way, I think there's a good chance that #6 is gonna be huge.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm thinking 6 could possibly be Layton. He's from a popular series even if niche which Joker showed us is ok. His series sold well. It's a flagship series. Level 5 is a notable Japanese developer. And Level 5 has a great relationship with Nintendo.

Last edited:

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
For Capcom, the ones I'd like to see the most would be Dante (I'd prefer Nero but Dante is the face of DmC), Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins) or Ryu (Breath of Fire, although I'm very certain (sadly) that he won't show up)

For Square there's alot of characters I'd love...but...Neku Sakuraba is probably my number one (not saying anything against Geno, Im not the biggest fan but I wouldn't be against him at all)

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Alright, for no particular reason, I am going to present:
Delay Theory™
The Theory That Doesn't Really Tell Us Much If It's Correct, And Is Almost Entirely Speculation!

As a few people have already said or thought, there are several reasons to believe that Byleth was not meant to be fighter 5 of the first fighter pass. Here's some of the most important facts to back up this claim:
  1. Byleth's moveset, while more unique than most Fire Emblem reps, doesn't seem as fleshed-out as it could be. The concept of a "weapons master" could go WAY farther than just this, and Sakurai is better than this at making incredibly unique movesets. (Not that it's terrible, while I'm not a fan of it it's certainly pretty cool, especially Up-B and Neutral-B) Compared to the rest of the fighter pass, Byleth's moveset feels a lot less unique and different. Joker practically has 2 movesets (with and without Arsene), Hero has like 40 special moves and critical hits and an MP system, Banjo has three special moves that are unlike anything we've seen before, and Terry managed to be even more impressive than Ryu/Ken already were. Byleth, in comparison, feels lackluster. At least to me, it screams that it was supposed to be more, but they didn't have time.
  2. The first fighter pass was bundled with a Rex mii costume, and was specifically mentioned to be chosen because he was "too late" to get into the base roster of Smash. Why then, in that very same bundle, is a character from a game released AFTER Xenoblade 2 made fully playable? Considering the timeline of deciding the fighter pass characters and the Rex costume, it feels wrong. Had Byleth come out in the second fighter pass, even as the first one in that pass, nobody would have bat an eye at the Rex confusion.
  3. The characters in the background of the Fire Emblem stage are considerably less polished than you would expect them to be- and the reason why, is that they're apparently directly ripped from FE3H. This is a pretty huge contrast to Joker/Hero/Banjo/Terry, who all have cameo characters in their stages, and all of those cameo characters' models were made specifically for smash, likely from scratch. (or at least polished from other games)
  4. Several insiders, including the Two Who Shall Not Be Named, seemed to think we'd get a Smash reveal at TGA until the very last minute, and even then thought we'd get a reveal in December. Sure, insiders are wrong all the time, but it seems a bit odd.
  5. While not related to Smash necessarily, the SNES controllers (and potentially a direct) were delayed by a month- maybe because of Smash? Since the SNES controllers are almost certainly going to be fully revealed along with more SNES games on Switch, maybe they wanted to show Geno and SMRPG at the same time? There's also Animal Crossing's release, which they may have wanted to keep in the same direct as a Smash character?
  6. The final, and most subjective reason... Byleth feels out of place in the first Fighter Pass. We have 4 3rd party characters from different companies, all completely new series to Smash... and then Byleth, the 8th Fire Emblem character in Smash. It'd make a lot more sense if, say, fighter #5 was meant to be 3rd party, and the SECOND fighter pass was meant to be almost entirely first party. (or at least have a few first parties rather than just one.)
All of that evidence might sound well and good, but it means nothing unless there's a good reason for them to swap the order of releases. Arguably, there are a few reasons that could work, but none of them are exactly rock solid.

• Sakurai saw the Cacomallow leak, and had to change plans because of it. This might seem like a "Nintendo would never do that over a leak," and while there isn't exactly a HUGE precedent for it, there is the "brave" codename being scrubbed from the files, as well as the WoL character slots being obscured and added onto. Obviously, changing some code to hide things like this is a lot less effort than swapping character order, but they have done something like this before.
    • The reason this potentially makes sense is, say Doom Guy was meant to be Fighter #5, Byleth was meant to be #6, and Geno was meant to be #7. If they announced Doom Guy in December, showed his mii costumes shortly after, and those costumes confirmed 1/2 of the Cacomallow leak... we'd be waiting like 6 months before the official reveal of Geno, while knowing with 100% certainty that he was coming. That'd all but kill the hype and speculation for a lot of people. They swapped Byleth with Doomguy to reveal Doom later when they could tease Geno at the same time.
  • Something went wrong with fighter #5, and they had to release SOMEBODY before the end of february- so they decided to delay #5 and expedite #6, so they'd have a bit more time to finish or work out bugs, or a bit more time to solve some copyright problems or something. This one is possible, but I don't see it as very likely due to all the unknowns. What could possibly cause them to delay a character that they'd already negotiated for?
  • The Smash characters were swapped around for the same reason the SNES controllers were swapped around- If Geno was meant to be revealed for Smash alongside SMRPG on Switch, then maybe the delays with the SNES controllers caused Geno to go from #5 to #6? This one obviously assumes Geno was meant to be #5, which we don't have a lot of reason to believe thanks to Hero, but is possible.

What does this mean? idk you got me i just felt like typing this it was fun

pinshadow

Smash Lord
The idea that Byleth was swapped is still really damm crackpot in my eyes, I think it sounds compelling but is also pretty damn reaching. That being said, I still don't agree with the idea that they would end on Byleth. Maybe its just the cope talking, but I genuinely don't see a world where they say "yea, lets end the Ultimate smash game on the most underwhelming pick imaginable that we also know is probably going to piss a bunch of people off". It just doesn't make sense. I might as well share this, I think six is a really damn weird number of characters in pass 2, like, why go up to six from five? You can argue plant makes 6 but he wasn't ever planned as DLC. It kinda makes me question whether they originally planned for some kind of bonus pack after the pass, one last final character to top it off, and when they decided to do more DLC they just threw it in the pass. I don't even think I believe it myself, but it just popped in my head so I might as well share it.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Here I am, several hours and missed posts later. AAAAAAAHHHH why don't I check this place more often? lmao. Plenty of old messages I wish I could've replied to, but it do be like that I suppose.

Delay Theory™
The Theory That Doesn't Really Tell Us Much If It's Correct, And Is Almost Entirely Speculation!

As a few people have already said or thought, there are several reasons to believe that Byleth was not meant to be fighter 5 of the first fighter pass. Here's some of the most important facts to back up this claim:
  1. Byleth's moveset, while more unique than most Fire Emblem reps, doesn't seem as fleshed-out as it could be. The concept of a "weapons master" could go WAY farther than just this, and Sakurai is better than this at making incredibly unique movesets. (Not that it's terrible, while I'm not a fan of it it's certainly pretty cool, especially Up-B and Neutral-B) Compared to the rest of the fighter pass, Byleth's moveset feels a lot less unique and different. Joker practically has 2 movesets (with and without Arsene), Hero has like 40 special moves and critical hits and an MP system, Banjo has three special moves that are unlike anything we've seen before, and Terry managed to be even more impressive than Ryu/Ken already were. Byleth, in comparison, feels lackluster. At least to me, it screams that it was supposed to be more, but they didn't have time.
  2. The first fighter pass was bundled with a Rex mii costume, and was specifically mentioned to be chosen because he was "too late" to get into the base roster of Smash. Why then, in that very same bundle, is a character from a game released AFTER Xenoblade 2 made fully playable? Considering the timeline of deciding the fighter pass characters and the Rex costume, it feels wrong. Had Byleth come out in the second fighter pass, even as the first one in that pass, nobody would have bat an eye at the Rex confusion.
  3. The characters in the background of the Fire Emblem stage are considerably less polished than you would expect them to be- and the reason why, is that they're apparently directly ripped from FE3H. This is a pretty huge contrast to Joker/Hero/Banjo/Terry, who all have cameo characters in their stages, and all of those cameo characters' models were made specifically for smash, likely from scratch. (or at least polished from other games)
  4. Several insiders, including the Two Who Shall Not Be Named, seemed to think we'd get a Smash reveal at TGA until the very last minute, and even then thought we'd get a reveal in December. Sure, insiders are wrong all the time, but it seems a bit odd.
  5. While not related to Smash necessarily, the SNES controllers (and potentially a direct) were delayed by a month- maybe because of Smash? Since the SNES controllers are almost certainly going to be fully revealed along with more SNES games on Switch, maybe they wanted to show Geno and SMRPG at the same time? There's also Animal Crossing's release, which they may have wanted to keep in the same direct as a Smash character?
  6. The final, and most subjective reason... Byleth feels out of place in the first Fighter Pass. We have 4 3rd party characters from different companies, all completely new series to Smash... and then Byleth, the 8th Fire Emblem character in Smash. It'd make a lot more sense if, say, fighter #5 was meant to be 3rd party, and the SECOND fighter pass was meant to be almost entirely first party. (or at least have a few first parties rather than just one.)
All of that evidence might sound well and good, but it means nothing unless there's a good reason for them to swap the order of releases. Arguably, there are a few reasons that could work, but none of them are exactly rock solid.

• Sakurai saw the Cacomallow leak, and had to change plans because of it. This might seem like a "Nintendo would never do that over a leak," and while there isn't exactly a HUGE precedent for it, there is the "brave" codename being scrubbed from the files, as well as the WoL character slots being obscured and added onto. Obviously, changing some code to hide things like this is a lot less effort than swapping character order, but they have done something like this before.
    • The reason this potentially makes sense is, say Doom Guy was meant to be Fighter #5, Byleth was meant to be #6, and Geno was meant to be #7. If they announced Doom Guy in December, showed his mii costumes shortly after, and those costumes confirmed 1/2 of the Cacomallow leak... we'd be waiting like 6 months before the official reveal of Geno, while knowing with 100% certainty that he was coming. That'd all but kill the hype and speculation for a lot of people. They swapped Byleth with Doomguy to reveal Doom later when they could tease Geno at the same time.
  • Something went wrong with fighter #5, and they had to release SOMEBODY before the end of february- so they decided to delay #5 and expedite #6, so they'd have a bit more time to finish or work out bugs, or a bit more time to solve some copyright problems or something. This one is possible, but I don't see it as very likely due to all the unknowns. What could possibly cause them to delay a character that they'd already negotiated for?
  • The Smash characters were swapped around for the same reason the SNES controllers were swapped around- If Geno was meant to be revealed for Smash alongside SMRPG on Switch, then maybe the delays with the SNES controllers caused Geno to go from #5 to #6? This one obviously assumes Geno was meant to be #5, which we don't have a lot of reason to believe thanks to Hero, but is possible.

A rather reaching theory, but an interesting one to be sure. I'm afraid you owe me royalties for your use of a trademark, though.

... aaaand that joke doesn't land or even make sense outside of the Discord server, which I also stayed away from lately for no reason. I've been slacking off too much lol.

Cacomallow is still real

Firox

Smash Master
Here I am, several hours and missed posts later. AAAAAAAHHHH why don't I check this place more often? lmao. Plenty of old messages I wish I could've replied to, but it do be like that I suppose.

A rather reaching theory, but an interesting one to be sure. I'm afraid you owe me royalties for your use of a trademark, though.

... aaaand that joke doesn't land or even make sense outside of the Discord server, which I also stayed away from lately for no reason. I've been slacking off too much lol.

Cacomallow is still real

On a totally unrelated note, every single time I see your profile pic it makes me smile. Just thought you ought to know.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Delay Theory™

Facepalm... Byleth were always to be the fifth. Its abundantly clear concidering 3H DLC got trailer right afterwards. You don't just decied to do a marketing move in the last minute. YOU PLAN THESE THINGS OUT WELL IN ADVANCE.

The idea that Byleth was swapped is still really damm crackpot in my eyes, I think it sounds compelling but is also pretty damn reaching. That being said, I still don't agree with the idea that they would end on Byleth. Maybe its just the cope talking, but I genuinely don't see a world where they say "yea, lets end the Ultimate smash game on the most underwhelming pick
They ended Smash 4 with Corrin, so what would the difference be here?

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Of course it is all speculation, and Byleth was planned all along for Fighter 5. However, I still have my suspicion there was some swapping around at some point. Just a suspicion.

T2by4

Smash Lord

Sorry to hear. I usually lurk the thread and like your posts since your provide a different perspective from what can be an echochamber of a thread. Sorry to see you go man. You brought up some valid points, hope you didn't take things too harshly here.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Facepalm... Byleth were always to be the fifth. Its abundantly clear concidering 3H DLC got trailer right afterwards. You don't just decied to do a marketing move in the last minute. YOU PLAN THESE THINGS OUT WELL IN ADVANCE.

They ended Smash 4 with Corrin, so what would the difference be here?
They ended with Bayonetta not Corrin, big difference there. And before you say "Well Bayo was a shill pick too!", and believe me I know, but they played it as if she was this super big highly requested character, the one who apparently """""won""""" the ballot, and to be fair, alot of people did want and were happy with her.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'm so glad to not be the ONLY person that thinks they just threw Byleth from FP2 to FP1 for whatever reason. Even if Nintendo did it JUST to get the less exciting one out earlier, that's fine. Tbh I think they did exactly that. It's my opinion and sticking to it.

Which is great news for Smash fans IF Byleth was the bottom of the barrel then we are in for some GOOD SHIZ!! After all, the night is darkest just before the dawn and I promise you, the dawn is coming. REGARDLESS of why Byleth got moved or not. I'm just glad they ripped the band-aid (revealing anything FE for many of us) off much sooner.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just had a thought: In Geno's classic mode if he is in, would all damage to Geno and other characters he fights be percentage based, or would it be stamina based like the Fire Emblem characters, other RPG characters and fighting game characters? I can imagine it being stamina based since he is an RPG character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom