• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

When i first saw the "sakurai" shared content account thing i legitimately thought it had a solid possibility of being the real deal, however as soon as i found out about the lewd inkling stage i immediately came to the conclusion that it wasnt sakurai.
Yeah, it’s very weird. But, who knows? If it was Sakurai, maybe he was a little too happy making that stage.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Dunno if this video has been shared on this thread before but, for those that are new visitors to the thread, this is a good video to get to know a few neat details regarding Super Mario RPG. :)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Why is this being compared to the Grinch leak or Rayman? This is a very real account with very real shared content that I, others, and you yourself could look at. What exactly are you trying to prove? Are you just trying to agree that it’s probably not his real account?
Because of A) Homebrew
B ) People love to get attention/troll people on internet

StarLight42

Smash Lord
How does Homebrew play into this exactly?
Like I tried to explain with that Mario Kart Wii comparison, sharing content via mods doesn't always work out so well when the recipient does not have such mods downloaded on their system.

But then again, Smash might be different, so who knows. Either this guy did a good job at making himself seem like Sakurai, or Sakurai is simply not a good boy or girl ;)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
How does Homebrew play into this exactly?
Maybe Homebrew isn¨t exact terms, but we have data miners, we have modders...and we all know that there are people that love how to troll/get internet fame. You get the drill. I can go to my switch right now, make a Mii that looks like Sakurai and do an "account" like the owners as well. Its not that hard

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Hmm not Chief or Steve, could it be a Conker costume?
My guess is Battletoads or Killer Instinct. Leaning towards Battletoads.

Also, still banking on the idea if Geno is getting in it’s the Star form that’s gonna be the spirit. It’s just too much a good opportunity to pass up.

D

Deleted member

Maybe Homebrew isn¨t exact terms, but we have data miners, we have modders...and we all know that there are people that love how to troll/get internet fame. You get the drill. I can go to my switch right now, make a Mii that looks like Sakurai and do an "account" like the owners as well. Its not that hard
Right. I’m no expert on hacking, but if you were to hack your Switch using home brew and upload content online, doesn’t that get your Switch banned from using online services?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Also, sorry if I misdirected anyone to believing that the account is Sakurai's real one, but in my defense I couldn't find the lewd Inkling stage, but it just so happens that it was cleverly covered behind a foreground wall in the stage preview, something I didn't think was possible (I don't use the shared content feature much at all)

What really was convincing me, again, is that music track, because I still can't seem to find out of that is possible to post or not, and if there are any repurcussions of posting something like that via modding.

EDIT: Also updated that post with a warning that the account could be fake.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Right. I’m no expert on hacking, but if you were to hack your Switch using home brew and upload content online, doesn’t that get your Switch banned from using online services?
As far as I know, there are people that have managed to homebrew without getting banned. Plus you never use your main account to do stuff like that for the sake of risking it

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So yesterday I had a lot of notifications following my pretty much rant about the state of Smash speculation / the rumors and theories of the Geno community / telling everyone to seriously consider the chance of an upgraded Geno Mii.

I didn't bother reading any such notifications, because I know what's going on here.
You guys are all correct. It's the disappointing Smash reveal that's making me think this way. It's pretty much a repeat of the plant situation where I have lost all hope for not just one (Geno), but all of the characters I have been seriously holding out hope for in the next round of DLC. It's more exhausting than it seems to cling to these hopes and theories for so long only for a left field inclusion (obviously Byleth isn't left field in Sakurai terms but you get what I mean) to kick you down a flight of stairs and put you back at square one.

That doesn't undermine that you guys are correct that it's not worth me going on these mental-breakdown esque rants just because I lost hope in a video game character not being included in a roster with 70+ characters already.

I already apologized and said i'd take a break from Smash speculation, and it was pretty scummy when I didn't follow up with that promise and instead came back to cause trouble. It's just pretty difficult to distance yourself from something that you became heavily invested in for the last few months, even if that distance could go a long way.

So, i'd rather wait and see if I can actually hold my promise of taking a relaxation pill for a good while before making any other halfassed apologies that won't mean anything if I just spiral right back into rant mode.

At the very least, there's a few comments I want to make regarding some specific developments yesterday in terms of speculation. I ask that you guys don't necessarily forgive me, but rather ignore the way I acted yesterday and the day before and take me as a bystanding speculator. Again, not asking for forgiveness, just asking if you all can take me seriously with my next post (trust me, it's nothing negative, it's actually pretty positive for our starboy and a certain other character I will talk about in a bit)
Y'know what, good on you for owning up to your mistakes like a man. Very mature of you.

All us Genobros are in this together. Don't forget that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My guess is Battletoads or Killer Instinct. Leaning towards Battletoads.

Also, still banking on the idea if Geno is getting in it’s the Star form that’s gonna be the spirit. It’s just too much a good opportunity to pass up.
If it is BattleToads, I do hope they are kinda like the Ninja Turtles as they were about n Injustice 2, but in a Smash Bros. way.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Slightly Geno related; Siivagunner is going to upload a video in an hour containing all of the VS/Victory quotes from the King for Another Day fighters if they had won their matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRD9MbzNxBc

I'm going to savor this as an alternative timeline where Geno actually made it to the finals. The KFAD tournament gave me some Smash food for thought as well; Geno got two different victory themes that differed quite a bit, and made me wonder how his Ultimate Win jingle should go: Should it be a jovial track, like the level up screen or the intro music "Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure"?

Or should it be more reverent, like Star Hill, Geno Awakens, or the Beware the Forest Mushrooms theme?

I like the latter, just because I think SMRPG and Geno both took a long time to (hypothetically) get here and having a theme like that carries strong emotion easier.

StarLight42

Smash Lord

LMAO! Look who just decided to make a video on those Paper Mario and 2D Metroid leaks.

The kings of being coy strike again.

Just goes to show we should keep a strong eye on GameXplain especially with how confident Jon was in the 5th character being a first party despite everyone doubting him.

D

Deleted member

As far as I know, there are people that have managed to homebrew without getting banned. Plus you never use your main account to do stuff like that for the sake of risking it
Right. Like I said, I’m definitely not an expert in hacking.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So I got the Dark Samus amiibo, and its design is fantastic, one of the best this cycle. Which makes me feel that Geno's amiibo will have a very wood like texture/actually look like wood.

The first amiibos to give splinters.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Not sure why everyone is doubting this because of the lewd stage of all things. Sakurai clearly loves his pantyshots and gets butthurt every time CERO forces him to censor them :laugh:

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
So are you guys thinking a Direct will still happen this or next week? I'm thinking we might but I'm not entirely confident.

D

Deleted member

So are you guys thinking a Direct will still happen this or next week? I'm thinking we might but I'm not entirely confident.
I would probably wait til next month. But, it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
At this point, I doubt it, considering that we just had a Pokemon Direct and a Smash announcement.
Not sure why everyone is doubting this because of the lewd stage of all things. Sakurai clearly loves his pantyshots and gets butthurt every time CERO forces him to censor them :laugh:
I feel like you'd have to be extremely gullible to believe some random account is actually Sakurai's - anybody could make an account, use a Sakurai Mii for it, and call it something like Sakurai1.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I feel like you'd have to be extremely gullible to believe some random account is actually Sakurai's - anybody could make an account, use a Sakurai Mii for it, and call it something like Sakurai1.
I'm not saying I believe it, I just find it funny that people doubt it because of that, if anything it just makes it look more real to me :laugh:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Feel free to doubt, but never give up hope, Megadoomer.
Oh, I definitely hope that we get one - Nintendo's 2020 schedule is downright barren at the moment, particularly when it comes to first party titles. I just don't think it's all that likely.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Right. Like I said, I’m definitely not an expert in hacking.
Plus this just screams Grinch.. Out of the blue, when people are trying to coup with the fact that another Fire Emblem gets into the game, suddenly someone gets access to what they claim is Sakurai's Nintendo Switch account... The timing is just perfect to troll people the best way possible, sort of like how the Grinch leak just so happen to release close to the last direct for Smash Brothers pre-release

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh, I definitely hope that we get one - Nintendo's 2020 schedule is downright barren at the moment, particularly when it comes to first party titles. I just don't think it's all that likely.
I understand. Maybe it could come next month. I guess we’ll just wait and see.

Because it will be the week the second pass will be available to purchase. So I'm just being a little more broad than a single week where it can happen.
I believe someone said something about a SNES controller for Switch Online that has yet to be revealed in January 2020. Maybe a Direct will come soon featuring that? Maybe?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm not saying I believe it, I just find it funny that people doubt it because of that, if anything it just makes it look more real to me :laugh:
They still have to make a Quarter 1 Direct at some point. They always make one for Quarter 1 and Quarter 3 of their year.

At this point, it is clock work for Nintendo so I can at least expect a general direct coming beginning of February if we are going to go based on previous track record. I want to believe Geno will show up sooner rather than later if he is planned at all, but I am not going to stress about it.

I think if there is a silver lining that Byleth has brought to Smash speculation is it has helped us keep our expectations in check. It's nice to know that not every character has to be this massive AAA fan favorite and I think it takes a lot of the super premium characters people are thinking of out of the running by default.

I don't have to worry about the remaining characters being massive gaming giants. We can at least scale back to seeing who has at least made an impact with Nintendo consoles and hopefully 1st party favorite are common ground moving forward.

Either way, Byleth manages to be a blessing and a curse and I have to admit, it managed to give me a healthier mindset moving forward. It's the last thing I was ever expecting from a Fire Emblem character.

D

Deleted member

Plus this just screams Grinch.. Out of the blue, when people are trying to coup with the fact that another Fire Emblem gets into the game, suddenly someone gets access to what they claim is Sakurai's Nintendo Switch account... The timing is just perfect to troll people the best way possible, sort of like how the Grinch leak just so happen to release close to the last direct for Smash Brothers pre-release
I don’t think it will be another Grinch situation. In the next week, most likely everyone will have forgotten about it.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I personally believe we're getting a Feb direct, possibly early March instead. We need one prior to AC coming out as I'm sure they'll want to talk about that, we also need one to announce the holiday 2020 title(s) (possibly being those rumored 2D Metroid and Paper Mario 3 games?), and we also need a good time to reveal DLC 6 (as E3 is too far away).

As for getting one this week? Unlikely. Next week? Possibly, but I still think middle of Feb is better as it gives them more time to prepare for DLC 6.

Also partially unrelated, but the number of times I've typed/said DLC 6, It keeps reminding me of DL-6... even though I'm sure Phoenix Wright doesn't have much of a chance.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I personally believe we're getting a Feb direct, possibly early March instead. We need one prior to AC coming out as I'm sure they'll want to talk about that, we also need one to announce the holiday 2020 title(s) (possibly being those rumored 2D Metroid and Paper Mario 3 games?), and we also need a good time to reveal DLC 6 (as E3 is too far away).

As for getting one this week? Unlikely. Next week? Possibly, but I still think middle of Feb is better as it gives them more time to prepare for DLC 6.

Also partially unrelated, but the number of times I've typed/said DLC 6, It keeps reminding me of DL-6... even though I'm sure Phoenix Wright doesn't have much of a chance.
Actually, this week is more likely than next week, because of the financial briefing for Q3 of the fiscal year, and they don’t clash these briefings with any Directs AFAIK. Another thing to consider is that we will hear about their strategy for this year until this date or at this briefing.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Anything really interesting going on? Been away.

I am hoping for a direct PRIOR to the "release" of Byleth and the next fighters pass. Nintendo needs to do something to excite the fanbase to pre-purchase the pass after the Byleth reveal, which they have to know didn't go over very well.

D

Deleted member

This is the smash community we are talking about. It never forgets.
Well, just in the sense that it won’t be brought up in general conversations unlike the Grinch leak where it was constant back and forth.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Actually, this week is more likely than next week, because of the financial briefing for Q3 of the fiscal year, and they don’t clash these briefings with any Directs AFAIK. Another thing to consider is that we will hear about their strategy for this year until this date or at this briefing.
Where was that tweet about Sakurai asking us to be patient for DLC 6's reveal? Too lazy to immediately find it; if the direct is this week, I seriously doubt we'd see it (DLC 6), which means they would push for a double reveal at E3 and an almost-immediate release of DLC 6 right after, with 7 releasing in August. Seems like a bit of a gap between Byleth (Jan 28) and DLC 6 (mid-June), and then having both DLC 7 and 8 both released within 6 months after. I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom