• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
I refuse to cut even 1 character for the sake of Geno. Sorry

That's not fair to the character or those who like the character either. I know it's all in jest and good fun but, no. I refuse to participate. It's just going to offer more fuel to the haters that want us shut down. It's not the first time we've played along with this and they ate that **** up. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, but I think we should be careful with these kind of "games".

Geno wouldn't want this. ;__;
I hate to admit my softness but I've grown emotionally attached to all these oddballs in this game, from the big man Mario himself to the dumb sack of bricks Corrin, I love them all.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'm almost positive that he was using a rare literary technique called sarcasm to slowly dismantle the entire excercise before even stating his disinterest in it.

( :ultpacman: )
...I'm an idiot lol

I usually always get those things. *sigh* Alright, as a young zoomer I know my place... I'll take my L
IMG_20191105_160814.jpg

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Just gonna leave this here - I've reached the end of my patience. I'm still going to read over things and I might comment on major things if/when they happen, but otherwise -

Don't expect to see me post in this place ever again. I might change my mind, but I might not. I'll obviously celebrate when/if Geno gets in, but after that I'm gone anyway.
Farewell, friend
1578805151910.png

Franco Geno Franco Geno mind sticking a Geno hat on this? thanks

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
10 characters to cut from the game in favor of Geno? Hmm yeah, if I'm being honest I wouldn't get rid of anyone. Not only I do I like almost the entire roster to an extent, but each character is someone's favorite and all that. Sakurai and the team worked like there was no tomorrow (or no next game, more accurately I supposes) this time just to fit them all in, so clearly everyone has some value... except for you Corrin. :ultpacman:

Fighter 5 would be great, as would being a part of a second Fighters Pass, since it would allow him to come with a stage, music, and spirits.

If anyone's gonna be a bonus fighter, I think it'll be a character that has easily recyclable assets, such as Skinny Thanos (self-explanatory at this point) or Bandana Waddle Dee (they could use the Waddle Dee models from Brawl as a base and build from there).
Actually, they wouldn't even need to borrow assets from Brawl! There's already a Waddle Dee model in the game, but it's only used in King Dedede's victory screen for some reason.

Screenshot_2020-01-12 Super Smash Bros Ultimate - All Character Victory Animations - YouTube.png

Nice to see you again man, how have you been?View attachment 256852
Thanks man! Not much to say actually, I've just been living life really.

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
10 characters to cut from the game in favor of Geno? Hmm yeah, if I'm being honest I wouldn't get rid of anyone. Not only I do I like almost the entire roster to an extent, but each character is someone's favorite and all that. Sakurai and the team worked like there was no tomorrow (or no next game, more accurately I supposes) this time just to fit them all in, so clearly everyone has some value... except for you Corrin. :ultpacman:

Actually, they wouldn't even need to borrow assets from Brawl! There's already a Waddle Dee model in the game, but it's only used in King Dedede's victory screen for some reason.

View attachment 256861

Thanks man! Not much actually, I've just been living life really.
Don't mention it dude! and that's good to hear ^^

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I like your afterthought (because I agree), but... Mario, Pikachu, and Donkey Kong?

...I mean you're entitled to your own opinions, but uh... I just don't follow that line of thinking. I mean especially Mario, he is literally the face of gaming and Nintendo's mascot.
That was the Irony, to give a "Wait what? That's illegal" kind of reaction.. Sorry xD

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Let’s just Sakurai gives you Geno, but you must cut 10 characters in the roster. Who would it be?
Without any clones or semi-clones:

-Lucario
-Incineroar
-Little Mac
-Robin
-Terry
-Piranha Plant
-Hero
-Mii Fighters (counting as 3)

With clones and semi-clones... then basically it’d just be those instead. I’d absolutely cut characters with next-to-no differences like Daisy and Richter(or at least give them the alt-costume treatment) in order to get another fully unique one.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Let’s just Sakurai gives you Geno, but you must cut 10 characters in the roster. Who would it be?
  • Hammer Bro
  • Tiki
  • Vince
  • Devil
  • Starfy
  • Ghosts
  • Fletchling
  • Swirlix
  • Eevee
  • Electrode
... you never said they had to be characters from the playable roster. :4pacman:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I've just never been a fan of Pikmin in general
D-LrZxuVAAA1dFt.jpeg

I respect your opinion, but Pikmin is like sitting in your warm bed on a Saturday morning when you get to sleep in late with no commitments on your schedule.

Pikmin is just... ugh, so good. What's next, are you gonna say Super Mario Galaxy isn't your thing? (My body would implode.)

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I honestly am sure Genos happening.
here is my predictions:
Wait, predict what?

To be fair, Smash 4 got two FE characters in its DLC
Yes Nintendo can do that, but it's not an objectively acceptable decision so not like we should support such idea, or if Nintendo decides to not do so, we cannot blame them that "you should add more Mario fighters!" as its not a legit proposal. If I'm an irrational Pokemon fan I may also say it shouldn't be more Mario DLCs but should be Pokemon gen8 DLCs instead.

For the upcoming Smash 5 DLCs, the major problem is Nintendo's inclination for more new universes for DLCs, so that neither one has great chance at this point.

I think the matter is if Smash 6 can provide legal chances and there won't be backlash in this game, what is the need for a certain character to make it right now with DLC? Is it, like, haste?

Last edited:

dsRed

Smash Rookie
This guy seems to keep an eye on this thread, me thinks. Either that or you just found Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's Youtube persona haha.

Interested to see what will happen.
My beard is nowhere near as good as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's sadly. Haha. But I check up from time to time to see what you guys are up to. Everyone seems like a fun bunch! Plus Fatman and I think similarly in a few ways with the things we know, especially when it comes to a certain puppet.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
My beard is nowhere near as good as Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's sadly. Haha. But I check up from time to time to see what you guys are up to. Everyone seems like a fun bunch! Plus Fatman and I think similarly in a few ways with the things we know, especially when it comes to a certain puppet.
Oh snap! Was not expecting this before bed haha. I think a lot of us enjoyed those videos! Keep doing what your doing and...If you have some good news about our Boy clap your hands!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Recently watched your video on the Paragon stuff. It was well done and well researched. I hope your channel continues to grow like PapaGenos' channel has!

Last edited:

dsRed

Smash Rookie
Thanks AugustusB AugustusB and AdamBel731 AdamBel731 ! The kind words are always appreciated. I was working on the purple mans video for a bit. Honestly researching it was a real tedious process and just trying to keep things as best I could with what was publicly known. Im hoping I can get a video of similar length about the blue boy soon but Nintendo may beat me to the punch haha.

On a scale of 1-10 how confident is everyone in a direct happening this upcoming week?

T2by4

Smash Lord
Thanks AugustusB AugustusB and AdamBel731 AdamBel731 ! The kind words are always appreciated. I was working on the purple mans video for a bit. Honestly researching it was a real tedious process and just trying to keep things as best I could with what was publicly known. Im hoping I can get a video of similar length about the blue boy soon but Nintendo may beat me to the punch haha.

On a scale of 1-10 how confident is everyone in a direct happening this upcoming week?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Personally, I'm about a 7 or 8. I'm fairly confident next week is the one... but there's always the chance that isn't the case.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 256862
I respect your opinion, but Pikmin is like sitting in your warm bed on a Saturday morning when you get to sleep in late with no commitments on your schedule.

Pikmin is just... ugh, so good. What's next, are you gonna say Super Mario Galaxy isn't your thing? (My body would implode.)
Uh oh, maybe I shouldn't say then... Seriously though, while I do like the Galaxy games, I do prefer a few of the other 3D Mario games instead. And trust me, if you knew me, you'd know that I have some pretty... Controversial opinions on games in general.

I'd probably give it an 8 right now, pretty likely but not absolutely guaranteed.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I look at Sakurai's action and words to come to my conclusion. If Sakurai wants to include the character then he'll try. I don't think Sakurai really cares about making Waluigi playable, but if people want to believe that Waluigi still has a shot at being playable then fine. We'll see what happen, but I ain't holding my breath.
Ahh, there it is! I love it how every argument you have begins with you making declarative statements,
It's honestly funny seeing people still believe that Waluigi is somehow getting into Smash Bros. Like how many times does Sakurai does Sakurai have to dunk on him to get the message across?
but then gradually devolves to you unironically trying to make weak claims such as that people don't do jobs they don't want to do, until you're just sitting there like a lemon going "It's just my opinion, guys! Let me have my opinion! Agree to disagree! I'm not holding my breath! Jeezums, why are people getting so mad at me expressing my OPINION?". Why are you like this, Wynn? Why do you start arguments with people only to turn around and loudly declare that all the objective statements you were making were all just your opinion?

Hey, didn't know you had an account on here, Red! I liked your Waluigi video! I'd say I'm around a 6-7 in terms of confidence. I think it's pretty likely based on what we know, but I'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord

Oh shoot just realized you were the guy that made that vid for for waluigi. Good stuff man, very well made and honestly got me to believe Wah may be coming based on the evidence you provided. Would be really crazy if it actually happened.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

I'm feeling an 8 or even a 9. My gut feeling combined with the supposed tendency of Nintendo Directs showing up shortly after Pokemon ones makes me hella optimistic about it.

Quick aside, I had not heard of your channel before, but with people in this thread singing your praises, I checked out your purple mustachioed Robbie Rotten video, and I'll say it too, well done! It helped out a lot clearing things up about the Paraleak, which was always kinda esoteric to me. Appreciate the work you put into it. I suppose you earned one more subscriber now, and here's to both the wah and the puppet making it in.

dsRed

Smash Rookie
Oh shoot just realized you were the guy that made that vid for for waluigi. Good stuff man, very well made and honestly got me to believe Wah may be coming based on the evidence you provided. Would be really crazy if it actually happened.
It is indeed I. Again appreciate the words. Honestly back before E3 of 2018, I thought Waluigi had a great chance to get in. I was floored when he was revealed as an assist trophy again. And then when I saw Plant get revealed my mind was absolutely doing somersaults trying to figure out how Waluigi had missed out but plant got in. So I think they will find a way to make it happen at this point. I think Sakurai and the Smash Team kind of viewed Assist trophies as sort of this "act of respect" when in reality, for Western Fans, being an assist trophy was like the Ultimate cuck. Lol. Completely different philosophies, and I think the reaction that Western fans in particular had and voiced to the assist trophies we got this time around probably finally got through to Sakurai and his team. No what that means for the future who knows, but I feel confident if there is an assist being upgraded, Waluigi is the first to come, and hopefully, fingers crossed, my boy Isaac comes soon after somehow.

I'm feeling an 8 or even a 9. My gut feeling combined with the supposed tendency of Nintendo Directs showing up shortly after Pokemon ones makes me hella optimistic about it.

Quick aside, I had not heard of your channel before, but with people in this thread singing your praises, I checked out your purple mustachioed Robbie Rotten video, and I'll say it too, well done! It helped out a lot clearing things up about the Paraleak, which was always kinda esoteric to me. Appreciate the work you put into it. I suppose you earned one more subscriber now, and here's to both the wah and the puppet making it in.
Thank you for the kind words as well! The paraleak was always something that fascinated me. Initially I had wanted to make the video for Waluigi a while back but it seemed like such a daunting task that I wasn't sure I wanted to tackle it honestly. But I had some free time to give it the attention I wanted to recently so I figured heck why not. Honestly I expected it to get way more down votes than it has since people just tend to hate on anything Waluigi just because. So Im surprised its done as well as it has. I appreciate the sub and I hope to see ya around in the comment section! I started youtube because I like to talk to people about my theories or speculation in general, I end up replying to about 80-90% of my comments. Discussion is so fun :) As for Geno im rooting for you guys in the upcoming direct. I think 2020 is gonna be his year for sure. Its just a matter of when at this point IMO.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Just caught up to the latest part of the thread like I always do haha.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Id go as far as to say a 9 for a new direct, however i just hope it isnt on wednesday because I have a compulsary after school thing that is guaranteed to make me miss a direct if its on wednesday, so ill hope for tuesday or thursday.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sure. If Waluigi becomes playable I'll change my profile to Waluigi for a month.
Not only am I gonna hold you to that, I will happily assist with applying Waluigi settings to your current avatar if he gets a promotion.

Upon fulfillment of The Prophecy, that Gamer hat's gonna take a vacation.

D

Deleted member

If thats the case, Id hope Geno never shows up
Truth be told, I can admire this honesty. Again, why I never participated in this 'cut x amount of characters for y' tomfoolery is because it's so easy for people to take it in such a negative light. Even if it is in harmless jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom