• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Thanks @AugustusB and @AdamBel731! The kind words are always appreciated. I was working on the purple mans video for a bit. Honestly researching it was a real tedious process and just trying to keep things as best I could with what was publicly known. Im hoping I can get a video of similar length about the blue boy soon but Nintendo may beat me to the punch haha.

On a scale of 1-10 how confident is everyone in a direct happening this upcoming week?
Everyone on here has been talking so positively about your videos and you seem pretty cool so I think I know what I’m watching next haha

I’m gonna put my confidence at an 7 or 8. I feel like it’s gotta happen soon.

D

Deleted member

care to explain why its super dumb? Because I just watched it and its alright
This is what I said yesterday. ”The video makes him seem like an egotistical jerk. His whole point makes no sense. If he likes the games and the characters, why would you NOT want them in. That’s like saying you love Disney World, but when someone asks you if you want to go to Disney World you say no. It blows my mind how stupid that sounds”

Everyone can have their own opinions I’m not denying that but it just seems dumb to not want the characters that you SPECIFICALLY STATED you liked.

Last edited by a moderator:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Screenshot_20200112-083843_Facebook.jpg

>DMC news on the 16th
>Elder Scrolls news on the 16th
>Possibly a direct on the 16th

Seems like there's a lot going on in the 16th. Only including this to add on top of the thing fatmanonice said about the 5th fighter being dragonborn. Funnily enough, the next elder scrolls chapter is actually going to be based in Skyrim, so announcing Dragonborn for Smash and then announcing the Skyrim chapter right after for Elder Scrolls Online would be a good way to tie things together. Hopefully we get Geno and Waluigi right after as the new dlc starts.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
>DMC news on the 16th
>Elder Scrolls news on the 16th
>Possibly a direct on the 16th

Seems like there's a lot going on in the 16th. Only adding this to add on top of the thing fatmanonice said about the 5th fighter being dragonborn. Funnily enough, the next elder scrolls chapter is actually going to be based in Skyrim, so announcing Dragonborn for Smash and then announcing the Skyrim chapter right after for Elder Scrolls Online would be a good way to tie things together.
Well, it looks like that intel may be on the mark

Droodle

Smash Lord
True. But, what if this is your only chance to go and you say no and pass up the offer.
Eh, you're allowed to like a game/character without wanting them in Smash.

For example, I love Shovel Knight but I think making him an AT instead of a fighter is better than making him a fighter. I couldn't care less if Shovel knight was playable.

D

Deleted member

Eh, you're allowed to like a game/character without wanting them in Smash.

For example, I love Shovel Knight but I think making him an AT instead of a fighter is better than making him a fighter. I couldn't care less if Shovel knight was playable.
Yes, I already know people have their own opinions you don't have to keep shoving it down other people's throats. But his main point about not wanting Geno was relevancy in which that argument has already been thrown out the window.

D

Deleted member

Yes, I already know people have their own opinions you don't have to keep shoving it down other people's throats. But his main point about not wanting Geno was relevancy in which that argument has already been thrown out the window.
Then his ignorance is his burden to bear. I don't think we should take one dudes opinion so personal. And besides, if Geno gets in he'll be the one that gets BTFO'd and his inclusion will just be that much sweeter. Not a big deal at all.

D

Deleted member

Then his ignorance is his burden to bear. I don't think we should take one dudes opinion so personal. And besides, if Geno gets in he'll be the one that gets BTFO'd and his inclusion will just be that much sweeter. Not a big deal at all.
Yeah. I know. I'm just restating what I said yesterday.

D

Deleted member

I respect JWittz as a person and while I disagree not specifically with his list but the concept of that kind of videos in general I do feel everyone is free to express their points of view online.

Not saying that people aren’t free to disagree with anyone (I am one who does disagree a lot with people on many topics involving videogames), but that we shouldn’t treat Wittz as an enemy or someone to take down over their view on games.

I have big hopes that this thread doesn’t have people who would go that far, but I wanted to take those feelings out just in case.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Stop getting overly upset. This is the first time I've posted on this subject; so I'm not shoving anything down people's throats

In regards to the video, it's all his opinion. He likes SMRPG and likes Geno, but doesn't want to see him in Smash because Geno isn't a active 3rd party character. He's allowed to think that, and he's not forcing anyone else to do so.

It's kind of hypocritical when this thread posts things like "insert popular Smash player/youtuber, wants Geno in Smash!", and then someone else isn't allowed to do the opposite without backlash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
he did say he would just laugh it off and let people like the characters. How can you get btfoed if you will still let fans be happy?

D

Deleted member

he did say he would just laugh it off and let people like the characters. How can you get btfoed if you will still let fans be happy?
That’s honestly a spirit more people should have regarding Smash newcomers in general.

I personally don’t want an Activision/Blizzard rep for really personal reasons, but if one happens I will still be happy for the people who wanted one and let them enjoy the addition.

Too bad that a worrying number of people don’t seem to want to let things go that polite on the internet in general.

D

Deleted member

Fair enough. I didn't watch the video because I just genuinely don't care which is why I haven't commented on it yet.

D

Deleted member

Stop getting overly upset. This is the first time I've posted on this subject; so I'm not shoving anything down people's throats

In regards to the video, it's all his opinion. He likes SMRPG and likes Geno, but doesn't want to see him in Smash because Geno isn't a active 3rd party character. He's allowed to think that, and he's not forcing anyone else to do so.

It's kind of hypocritical when this thread posts things like "insert popular Smash player/youtuber, wants Geno in Smash!", and then someone else isn't allowed to do the opposite without backlash.
I'm not overly upset. This isn't the first time you brought up that people have other opinions. I am clearly aware of that and I'm pretty sure everyone else is. No one is disagreeing with whoever this guy is because of his opinions. We are disagreeing with him because of his statement that Geno isn't relevant so therefore he shouldn't be a fighter.

Edit: Obviously, I don't hate this guy and don't wish any ill will towards him. I'm just disagreeing with his point of view.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Not only am I gonna hold you to that, I will happily assist with applying Waluigi settings to your current avatar if he gets a promotion.

Upon fulfillment of The Prophecy, that Gamer hat's gonna take a vacation.
I'll use Waluigi's Smash portrait if he get's in since it would be unique. Also I feel extremely confident that it's not going to happen. I got nothing to loss and nothing to gain from this bet.

D

Deleted member

I'm not overly upset. This isn't the first time you brought up that people have other opinions. I am clearly aware of that and I'm pretty sure everyone else is. No one is disagreeing with whoever this guy is because of his opinions. We are disagreeing with him because of his statement that Geno isn't relevant so therefore he shouldn't be a fighter.
I get where you're coming from pal, but to call him an egotistical jerk is just gonna make us all look bad. Let's just be smart with our verbiage, eh?

D

Deleted member

I get where you're coming from pal, but to call him an egotistical jerk is just gonna make us all look bad. Let's just be smart with our verbiage, eh?
Fair enough. I rest my case.

Edit: Also, me calling him an egotistical jerk was not about Geno. It was about the whole video in general as I disagree with almost everything he stated for those characters...except Goku.

Droodle

Smash Lord

Edit: Obviously, I don't hate this guy and don't wish any ill will towards him. I'm just disagreeing with his point of view.
Here's the thing though, you're allowed to not want a character; even if that character looks likely, or even if they get in.

For example, just look at this threads overall view on Corrin. Most people here do not like the character, and think another should have gotten over him. Imagine if Byleth got in, a lot of people in the Smash community would feel the same way as Corrin (maybe a bit more positive). The same thing applies here (minus the not liking part), JWITTZ would probably be fine with Geno getting in; just that in HIS opinion other characters should be a priority over Geno. And that's a perfectly valid thought to have.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, sure. If Waluigi becomes playable I'll change my profile to Waluigi for a month.
Posted the videos of your thoughts on Dragonborn and Waluigi cause they were very insightful and very well out together. You did great on both keep up the awesome work!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
trolling
Posted the videos of your thoughts on Dragonborn and Waluigi cause they were very insightful and very well out together. You did great on both keep up the awesome work!
Haha Haha, are still going on about Dragonborn? This gets too funny sometimes
IMG_20180808_135029.jpg

D

Deleted member

Here's the thing though, you're allowed to not want a character; even if that character looks likely, or even if they get in.

For example, just look at this threads overall view on Corrin. Most people here do not like the character, and think another should have gotten over him. Imagine if Byleth got in, a lot of people in the Smash community would feel the same way as Corrin (maybe a bit more positive). The same thing applies here (minus the not liking part), JWITTZ would probably be fine with Geno getting in; just that in HIS opinion other characters should be a priority over Geno. And that's a perfectly valid thought to have.
Yes, I know. But, he never said that at all. He never said that other characters should be a priority over Geno. Just that he didn't want him due to his lack of relevancy which is fine, it's just that I don't agree with that statement.

D

Deleted member

Seeing how current Smash Speculation reminds me of the Interrogation Song from Muppets Most Wanted, I decided to make this crap post:

A1973EAB-F2CB-4FBB-BCD3-031508BFCEC5.jpeg

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I found a pretty neat Forest Maze stage you should check out if you are looking for new custom stages to try out.

ID: M98R6TWN

As for what 10 characters I would cut for one character? (Geno)

Piranha Plant (For Sure)
Dr. Mario
Corrin
Joker
Pichu
Dark Pit
Duck Hunt
Little Mac
Zelda
Mewtwo

Not as many swords as I was expecting
Joker, Little Mac, Mewtwo, and even frickin Zelda herself. Wow. Better put up a flame shield my friend.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Hey in case you guys were wondering I personally would still like Geno from Super Mario RPG on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System to be a playable character in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey in case you guys were wondering I personally would still like Geno from Super Mario RPG on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System to be a playable character in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch.
Honestly, same. We should start a thread on this website called Smashboards and have everyone talk about our video game Pinocchio,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom