• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know Papagenos doesn't cover these obvious fake leaks like LaxChris does, but you can't deny that these stretches and all those "theories" he's making and talking about arent a bit stupid. Daisy Theory? Picture of the day Theory? Next we'll be getting the Totino's Pizza Rolls Theory, hinting at Cooking Mama. I know there's a smash drought, but come on!

LaxChris is a Youtuber that covers a lot of "smash leaks", most of them being obviously fake.
No, you said something about someone becoming LaxChris 2.0, if I am not mistaken. Who were you talking about?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Just watch that as we wait in February Sakurai makes the announcement that the Nintendo Direct and FP5 has been delayed due to problems occurring at Nintendo and technical difficulties and why its been this long.
Nintendo Directs starts cuts to Sakurai with Smash:

Sakurai: Hello, I am Massahiro Sakurai director of the Super Smash Bros. series and founder of Sora Lt. I have come to deliver the bad news that we are delaying the announcement and release of the last character in the Season Pass for a whole year due to major technical difficulties. We are sorry we couldn't give you the next fighter in February just as we promise. To make up for it, we will announce and release the last Season Pass character along with the first 9 post Season Pass characters come next February in 2021. Please understand and thank you so much for watching.

Smash fanbase: :mad: ******* **** **** ****!!!

No, you said something about someone becoming LaxChris 2.0, if I am not mistaken. Who were you talking about?
He was talking about PapaGenos.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
What he said with Daisy Theory is plausable if you ask me, as well as the marth/isabelle pic being a potential reference, the rest is less so. I don't see what's so 'LOL' about that. Starting to sound like PushDustin 2.0 who has made it his job to being a ****ing nanny-wannabe for the smash community, shoot down any speculation and ruin people's fun.
Why would they use Marth if that is what they were going for?

And I also think that Daisy theory means nothing. Remember the Rathalos image and the purple and yellow chairs?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I was talking about PapaGenos. A Youtuber that talks alot about Smash speculation, like theories and leaks. His Youtube content is mostly nice atleast.

Sorry thought you didn't know who LaxChris was.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Mystery Dungeon is actually Gen 3.
Well, I'll change it in the OP. This is why rumors are interesting because stuff can be right and wrong at the same time. My contact pretty much assumed Diamond and Pearl because of "No Pokemon Gun", "more Pokemon/expansions", and "Pokemon remakes." He was right but I guess didn't realize how literal it was. The irony is palpable.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
I'm conflicted with the 30$ price tag. I'm hoping that means content wise the expansion will be pretty meaty.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
My contact was right and wrong:

-Basically told me that GameFreak was painfully aware that they **** the bed with Sword and Shield and that a "Pokemon Gun" wasn't going to happen back in the fall (around September or so). He had heard that they were working on Pokemon expansions but he assumed this meant they were just going to to say "**** it", ditch Galar, and go forward with Sinnoh remakes. I guess it was literal expansions which is miserably ironic. He was right about damage control and an attempt to bring back a ton of Pokemon though.

-We still got 4th gen Pokemon remakes anyways, just not Diamond and Pearl, but ****in' Mystery Dungeon.

What a weird day.
Game Freak ditching Sword and Shield like:
PicsArt_01-09-12.27.25.png

Firox

Smash Master
No way can it be as powerful as it is in SMRPG, but I am not sure how they would balance it.
I think it would still be fun to incorporate Geno Whirl's "critical hit" by pressing B at just the right time as long as the window is extremely small and hard to get. For example, the move could do, say, 10%ish damage normally, but if you time your B press within 2-5 frames of hitting the opponent, then it does 50% with tons of knockback. You know, similar to Ridley's down B tail stab except with knockback instead of that knockdown effect. Additional balancing could adjust the air speed of the projectile. If it moves slowly, it'll be easy to dodge/block. If it moves fast, it'll be hard to time.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was talking about PapaGenos. A Youtuber that talks alot about Smash speculation, like theories and leaks. His Youtube content is mostly nice atleast.

Sorry thought you didn't know who LaxChris was.
That’s okay. Still, PapaGenos can’t be as bad as LaxChris, right?

D

Deleted member

I like PapaGeno's as a person and as a content creator but, yeah, he's reaching pretty bad.

Sharing these pictures are only just gonna get peoples hopes up and it'll lead to disappointment for some folks if their characters he implied doesn't get in. I get that he has no harmful intent sharing them but I also think he just needs to be a bit more careful.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Direct was alright I guess, a free Slowpoke is okay, but only really cared about the Mystery Dungeon Remake, one of my favorite games from my middle school years. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, there you guys go, one of the rumored seven Remakes/Remasters for 2020. It's not Diamond/Pearl but it's Pokemon and, more eye opening, it's a dead spin-off which weirdly falls in line better with the list as a whole than Diamond and Pearl did. Half the list is dead franchises and the other half is popular franchises with old ass games that are begging to be remade so....

1. Sunshine HD
2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So, there you guys go, one of the rumored seven Remakes/Remasters for 2020. It's not Diamond/Pearl but it's Pokemon and, more eye opening, it's a dead spin-off which weirdly falls in line better with the list as a whole than Diamond and Pearl did. Half the list is dead franchises and the other half is popular franchises with old ass games that are begging to be remade so....

1. Sunshine HD
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
That's it, I'm calling it! Mother 3 and a new Banjo-Kazooie game have to be on this list.

Edit: I haven't seen you awhile TheHeartbreakKid TheHeartbreakKid . Welcome back.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

-Basically told me that GameFreak was painfully aware that they **** the bed with Sword and Shield and that a "Pokemon Gun" wasn't going to happen back in the fall (around September or so). He had heard that they were working on Pokemon expansions but he assumed this meant they were just going to to say "**** it", ditch Galar, and go forward with Sinnoh remakes. I guess it was literal expansions which is miserably ironic. He was right about damage control and an attempt to bring back a ton of Pokemon though.

-We still got Pokemon remakes anyways, just not Diamond and Pearl, but ****in' Mystery Dungeon.

What a weird day.
They were not right and wrong. They were just wrong in general. I give you the benefit of doubt on your “rumors” you hear because why not but don’t defend things that are flat out wrong. Just take the L.

unless of course you were lying but that’s none of my business.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

1. Sunshine HD
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
>dead franchises
>another GC remaster, Super Mario Sunshine HD, is rumored

1578584756140.png

Hell yeah. It’s finally time for Captain Falcon’s triumphant return.

D

Deleted member

1. Sunshine HD
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
Hoping for Pokémon Ranger to be on the list.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
- Super Metroid Remake
- Paper Mario 64 Remake
- Earthbound Remake
- Wario Land VB Remake
- Golden Sun 1 & 2 Remake

If what Fatman is saying is true.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman

-We still got Pokemon remakes anyways, just not Diamond and Pearl, but ****in' Mystery Dungeon.

What a weird day.
The fact that they have a new producer for the expansion pass tells so much about the state of this game, and the fact that these places are 100% Wild Areas like people always wanted tells me she's someone to lookout for in the future of Pokémon. Now, waiting for FP5 and the direct...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
They were not right and wrong. They were just wrong in general. I give you the benefit of doubt on your “rumors” you hear because why not but don’t defend things that are flat out wrong. Just take the L.

unless of course you were lying but that’s none of my business.
I literally explained what he got right and wrong. He was right about no Sword and Shield Ultra/2/Whatever, Pokemon coming back and expansions due to fan backlash, and remakes but came to the wrong conclusion of believing this meant Diamond and Pearl Remakes.

Also, I'll say it yet again. I'm a grown ass man and 32 years old; why would I lie, especially about a franchise that I barely care about anymore?

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
- Super Metroid Remake
- Paper Mario 64 Remake
- Earthbound Remake
- Wario Land VB Remake
- Golden Sun 1 & 2 Remake

If what Fatman is saying is true.
I'd LOVE for Wario Land VB to get a remake. Not only would it mean that we'd finally get new Wario Land content, but also Wario Land VB is a gem that is sadly not well known because of the console it was on.

D

Deleted member

1. Sunshine HD
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
Half the list is dead franchises?

Wario Land, baby. It's coming, I can feel it.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I'd LOVE for Wario Land VB to get a remake. Not only would it mean that we'd finally get new Wario Land content, but also Wario Land VB is a gem that is sadly not well known because of the console it was on.
Virtual Boy Wario Land Red Edition
With Labo VR support

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I literally explained what he got right and wrong. He was right about no Pokemon Gun, Pokemon coming back and expansions due to fan backlash, and remakes but came to the wrong conclusion of believing this meant Diamond and Pearl Remakes.

Also, I'll say it yet again. I'm a grown ass man and 32 years old; why would I lie, especially about a franchise that I barely care about anymore?
For the sake of keeping people from hanging onto the most ****ing pointless thing in the universe, it's probably best not to go with "Pokemon Gun" as the title. If he said no "third version" or "ultra version" that's a better talking point. Outside of memes, no one expected Gun.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

1. Sunshine HD
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
Can you tell us Fatman if any of those remakes are RPG's? because if that's the case and one of them has to do with a red plumber then i will lose my ****.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I think with what we saw and heard about the future of Sw and Sh, I think it will be a long time for either a new Pokemon mainline game or Diamond and Pearl remake. Especially if they are planning on bringing back all the Pokemon that didn't make the cut.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For the sake of keeping people from hanging onto the most ****ing pointless thing in the universe, it's probably best not to go with "Pokemon Gun" as the title. If he said no "third version" or "ultra version" that's a better talking point. Outside of memes, no one expected Gun.
Okay, yes, no "third/ultra version." What he heard was that there weren't going to be anymore "Galar" games. His assumption based on what he heard was that they were just going to flat out ditch Galar and go straight into Sinnoh remakes to do damage control. The damage control and remake parts were true but concluding this meant Sinnoh was wrong.

D

Deleted member

Thinking about making a Pokémon Ranger thread seeing how people out of this one really seem to despise the series for not being Mystery Dungeon.

domriver

Smash Lord
Hopefully our direct is next tues or thurs. That way if its a triple reveal we can celebrate Geno :D lol :p (hopefully)

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice im 35 yrs old. I am still waiting for a POKEMON RPG ONLINE - BOTW ish world. Maybe bigger. Can you imagine omg that would be soooo fun online battling random trainers. Entering live time pokemon gyms with actual people as gym masters etc.. have a team rocket to steal etc... I think it would sell massssssssssive but maybe thats not happening yet. idk. I am pokemon fan but just not it faded out after Gold/Silver so ehh..

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think with what we saw and heard about the future of Sw and Sh, I think it will be a long time for either a new Pokemon mainline game or Diamond and Pearl remake. Especially if they are planning on bringing back all the Pokemon that didn't make the cut.
Probably. Like I said, Game Freak knew they had ****ed up as early as E3 and knew people were voraciously pissed so this outcome isn't surprising. I'm just surprised they decided to do the significantly less popular choice of DLC instead of Sinnoh remakes.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Why would they use Marth if that is what they were going for?

And I also think that Daisy theory means nothing. Remember the Rathalos image and the purple and yellow chairs?
Yeah I remember those, but Isaac did come back after he was gone in Smash 4, and we got a glimpse of a custom stage with a green witch and after that we got Banjo, so it's up in the air.

Marth has an armor that's very similar to Arle's classic look including a headband, so adding Isabelle on his shoulder in a way is similar to numerous pics of Arle with that little luma-like creature on her shoulder. It's not 100% proof but it could be a hint, or just a fun reference and nothing more.

Another thing papa pointed out is the peace sign pose daisy has which is what modern Arle also does (dunno about classic, probably). I know many characters do that, but it's counted along with the other things, not by itself.

The color orange is missing from the pass with which Arle would fit well, so that's another since color theory (though weak) hasn't been killed thus far compared to other ones.

None of these guarantee it, but it's still a plausible arguement to be made if you ask me. In fact I would not be surprised (knowing Sakurai) if her default look was the classic look from the old Japanese Puyo-Puyo game that for some reason, we got on the SNES online. I think the SNES games were being added at the same time the Smash DLC was being negotiated for. Same with SNK on the Eshop.

All I'm saying is that we should at least put her in the 'maybe' category. It could be she's coming post Fighter's Pass for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom