• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m dropping this here after coming in late after issues that cropped up...

This thread devolved from having good and productive conversations and speculation about Geno, Spirits, and what not to childish accusations, name calling, threats of account closing, and silly bets. That doesn’t belong here. It does nothing but sidetrack and derail the thread. Disagreeing with people is fine and that’s apart of discussion but it has gone from being about disagreements to becoming toxic and harmful.

I have issued several warnings for off-topic and spamming behavior and I am more than willing to do it again if that crops up further.

And I feel like I’ve said this before several times but importing or trying to encourage importing outside leaker drama well result in warnings. Take it to PM’s if you really want to talk about it.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
AugustusB AugustusB I’m just going to leave this here, then I am done with the subject, since I can’t insert quotes in PMs

This was my initial reaction to what Fatman had said about the doxxing incident

I know I have been critical of you for the past few days, but this is WAY out of line and uncalled for.

Doxxing is honestly one of the worst things that could happen to anyone on the internet, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Holy crap.

People truly can be sick and twisted.
Can we drop this now?

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Guys, i bring you the perfect solution to our Geno/Chocobo debate and that is...Geno riding a chocobo
edit: the Chocobo now has a Chocobo hat.
PicsArt_01-09-02.41.14.jpg

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
AugustusB AugustusB I’m just going to leave this here, then I am done with the subject, since I can’t insert quotes in PMs

Can we drop this now?
I was actually about to chime in because I remember this. I disagree with like 99% of what you post, but that accusation was straight up false.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guys, i bring you the perfect solution to our Geno/Chocobo debate and that is...Geno riding a chocoboView attachment 256361
Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure nobody is making an actual argument that Chocobo could become playable.

It's more that both costumes are missing, and both could come with a SE(or Sora) character. So the Geno costume being missing, while hopeful indeed, doesn't mean it can't come back. If the Chocobo costume was already there, then the Geno costume being missing would be way more suspicious. Right now, it's not a big deal to note nor is it great evidence either. A lot of costumes are still missing but could come with appropriate franchise/company characters. So taking it as Geno is coming instead of "he's not disconfirmed at this time" isn't necessarily a good route right now.

I hope that explains the issue better for those who aren't understanding the argument.

I think Geno has a good chance for Post-Fighter's Pass myself, as I don't believe Spirits matter beyond the FP, but there's only so much we have. No real hard evidence, we just know Sakurai at least would agree to try to make him playable(since it's both up to Nintendo to suggest him and for SE to say yes. Sakurai's the only "yes" that's a guarantee among the three).

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Going to put this in the nicest possible way I can.

Why do other people’s opinions on a character you like matter to you so much? To the point where it is affecting your mental health so to speak?
Other people disliking characters we like is perfectly fine.

The problem is when people are toxic about it, either presenting their opinions as facts, pulling crap out of the air for an argument, bashing/harassing people and confronting them simply for liking a character and wanting them in the game, exaggerating their distaste as if a game/character doesn’t “deserve” to be in Smash (seriously?)/doesn’t deserve their success or they simply act as if all the character’s fans are horrible and Smash’s quality would go down a bit simply from the character being in the game/it’s the end of the world, or all of the above. Another example of horrid behavior, there’s also those stupid Grotesque Steve trolls, who only wanted to make the majority of actual Steve fans look bad despite the trolls themselves being a clear minority, and this is obvious since they even attacked the SteveForSmash discord and the Grotesque Steve twitter account has art of a salty Real Steve alongside other crying popular characters as their header (still can’t believe it if people who don’t want Steve actually use these scumbags as a reason; as if these trolls actually give a crap, and they are satisfied just by trolling even actual Steve fans anyway). I wouldn’t be surprised if people did this to other characters’ fans; there are people who claim to be a fan of one character and will be rude as heck to you/troll and harass you for being a certain character’s fan even if you’re very nice and polite, probably while also doing all the bullcrap I’ve mentioned above.

And it’s all over a frickin videogame. I get that gaming is a hobby we all love, some of us taking it very seriously or at least certain games seriously, but there is absolutely no reason people should be actively boycotting characters, sometimes even the characters’ fans themselves, and being absolutely stupid and annoying; let people have fun and be happy with what they like, dang it. It’s like all the people who bash newer games because “cringe lol I don’t like this game and you all suck for liking it, and I’m gonna generalize your entire fanbase.” Yes, it sounds like something a very immature child would say, but I swear a bunch of childish adults say or think the same thing.

Heck, I don’t even understand how people can “hate” a character or use that as a reason for all this; I mean, while people liking characters can turn into them being attached to them, I just really don’t understand how distaste for a game character or being mostly neutral can turn to hatred unless people are just sour and hate things just because of popularity/other people loving something they don’t, or said character has a disgusting personality or something...

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Can we drop this now?
Yes, lets drop it. Sorry about that one, not a great couple of days. I shot you a PM.

But eh...Geno would be really good at clogging.

D

Deleted member

I get that I’m a controversial figure among this thread right now.
You're giving yourself too much credit lol. Being annoying and completely missing the points people are laying out for you isn't being controversial. It's called being ignorant. I never doubted you disavowed doxing either btw. I know you're better than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Let's listen to Venus and drop this. This thread has actually been pretty good lately and I don't want it to get closed again.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Actually...what would Geno's style of dance be? I honestly see clogging being it. Mario is freestyle, Peach is ballroom dancing, Bowser is mosh pitting and Mallow would just do the Carlton the whole time.

EDIT: TAP DANCING!! Geno would be a natural!!! I want this NOW!

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Actually...what would Geno's style of dance be? I honestly see clogging being it. Mario is freestyle, Peach is ballroom dancing, Bowser is mosh pitting and Mallow would just do the Carlton the whole time.

I picture pop and lock.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I dunno. Maybe Puppetmon could help? :p

Tap dancing is good.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

River dance. Midas River dancing that is.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman

I picture pop and lock.
Bless you two for this image. Also, we all know Geno would floss :4pacman:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Fine, I’ll open up dialogue right now.

How meaningful do you, and other people in this thread, think Fatmans word is? Especially after Sabi called him out?
As I said, I don't take his words as gospel by any means, but I like hearing him speculate, it's fun. The thing a lot of people tend to forget about Fatman's speculation is that a good portion of it is based on stuff we've all been discussing for a while, so it's not just him saying it. Like, the Power of Six Theory wasn't made by Fatman, but he mentions it a lot. Same with the whole DLC timeline that ForsakenM made. Also, I'm not aware of him getting called out by Stabs. I remember him agreeing that Fatman isn't an insider, though.

Guys, i bring you the perfect solution to our Geno/Chocobo debate and that is...Geno riding a chocoboView attachment 256361
Should've put the Chocobo Hat on the Chocobo. Totally a missed opprotunity.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sakurai decided on the base game characters immediately. Chrom was not remotely a last minute addition to begin with. Robin's final smash is streamlined like others, so keeping it in is the least amount of work needed to conform with other ones.
If Chrom truly were decided from the get-go, then it's baffling why they didn¨t do anything with Robins Final Smash. It could just be so simple as switch Chrom with Morgan (which they could have easily based on Robins model). Plus Chroms model looks worst of all the base game character which is what makes people believe that he was a late addition

Last edited:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
As I said, I don't take his words as gospel by any means, but I like hearing him speculate, it's fun. The thing a lot of people tend to forget about Fatman's speculation is that a good portion of it is based on stuff we've all been discussing for a while, so it's not just him saying it. Like, the Power of Six Theory wasn't made by Fatman, but he mentions it a lot. Same with the whole DLC timeline that ForsakenM made. Also, I'm not aware of him getting called out by Stabs. I remember him agreeing that Fatman isn't an insider, though.

Should've put the Chocobo Hat on the Chocobo. Totally a missed opprotunity.
Give me a minute

Last edited:

Loog

Smash Apprentice
Do you think they would come up with anything original for genos moveset? I know you can already pull a bunch of things from the game but I always wondered if they would play with the fact that he is a doll.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I think the first post-pass DLC character will likely give a huge feel for Geno's chances. If it's a promotion for example like Waluigi, and Geno's costume doesn't return; then I think his chances will increase a good bit for being a Fighter. I wouldn't say he's a lock or anything, but I'd say he has a 60% chance to get in.

If it is no promotion, and continues to be a new series added to Smash; I'd take it as a pretty serious hit to his chances. He isn't impossible, but I'd give him a 10% chance or so. He's more likely to return as an upgraded costume/regular costume then.

At the very least we'll likely get our answer next week so we won't be waiting long.

link2702

Smash Champion
i really have a hard time believing chrom was anything other than late addition.

the biggest giveaway is his clapping/defeated screen animation. Out of place and awkward doesn't begin to describe it. His eyes and face look derpy in it.

Then add how he seems to be just roy with ike's up special, is still part of robin's final smash, and his own final smash just looks...unpolished. Like something a single amateur modder might do in a brawl mod.

EVERYTHING about chrom just screams unpolished and late addition.

I mean, it's good that chrom fans got him, but it also feels like they really "didn't" get him IMO.

Annnnnnnywaaaay back to Geno/smrpg. Gonna attempt my no equipment run again tomorrow. I put it off after getting ROFLstomped in forest maze, but I feel I'm ready to try again. Really folks this is gotta be one of the harder challenges for SMRPG.

T2by4

Smash Lord
PicsArt_01-08-10.36.54.jpg

"All I'm saying is... *Leans closer to the mic* that cacomallow mii hat thing may be real. Look into it man, it's got some weird stuff to it."

*pause*

"You ever see that video of this huge crocodile with a crown and gorilla duking it out. Holy smokes, Mallow, pull that up."

Attachments

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
View attachment 256369
"All I'm saying is... *Leans closer to the mic* that cacomallow mii hat thing may be real. Look into it man, it's got some weird stuff to it."

*pause*

"You ever see that video of this huge crocodile with a crown and gorilla duking it out. Holy smokes, Mallow, pull that up."
Wanna know a leak I think is even more likely to be real?

The Paragon leak. It is sort of off topic, but I legitimately think it is real.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Chrom truly were decided from the get-go, then it's baffling why they didn¨t do anything with Robins Final Smash. It could just be so simple as switch Chrom with Morgan (which they could have easily based on Robins model). Plus Chroms model looks worst of all the base game character which is what makes people believe that he was a late addition
It's not "simple". That's extra animation work, a new model, and requires a lot of time to make sure the model doesn't have any issues. The Final Smash is already streamlined, the major change made to FS's in general. So what would replacing it do other than add extra workload. The biggest thing it does otherwise is conform to a silly fanrule at best. It's not actually baffling at all. They had something that worked and kept it that way without making the workload more. That's the simplest solution. Coincidentally it also gives us Chrom defeating regular Chrom and Mii Chrom at the same time with Robin's Final Smash, a win-win really. How many can say they're a major NPC, a Playable Character, and a Mii Costume all at once during a Normal Smash Battle? Not many.

The term "late addition" suggests he was added to the game plan later on. That's clearly not the case. However, if by late addition people mean he was worked on near last among the characters, that's probably the case. He did not look very presentable for a long time, and many others didn't either(Wolf included). On the other hand, he could've been done super early on and barely touched as they felt he was balanced among Roy. There's no easy way to tell, really.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
On a Geno-adjacent note,

Is Boshi basically just a blue Yoshi with sunglasses? Or would be, say, be able to have at least one unique move if he were to ever be made an Echo (basically, would he be a Daisy, or could he be a Chrom)?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So while we're all doing what we've been doing, Papa Genos coming through with the mad speculation plays.
PicOfTheDayTheory.jpeg
Thoughts? I don't think it means anything personally, but it sure is funny.

Do you think they would come up with anything original for genos moveset? I know you can already pull a bunch of things from the game but I always wondered if they would play with the fact that he is a doll.
I think they'll have to come up with something for his Up Special, definitely.

Wanna know a leak I think is even more likely to be real?

The Paragon leak. It is sort of off topic, but I legitimately think it is real.
Memory's a bit fuzzy, what was that one again?

On a Geno-adjacent note,

Is Boshi basically just a blue Yoshi with sunglasses? Or would be, say, be able to have at least one unique move if he were to ever be made an Echo (basically, would he be a Daisy, or could he be a Chrom)?
Boshi would be a pretty good Echo Fighter. Not sure how they'd incorporate his knife into his moveset, though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On a Geno-adjacent note,

Honestly, we don't really see any new abilities of him, so he'd be a Daisy probably. In fact, his lack of known abilities does matter since it doesn't lead to a lot of options. Daisy doesn't have unique abilities, but she does actually do stuff(and she has a few unique ones, but barely. Smash on the other hand...).

From what I remember, he doesn't have any battle at all. If they wanted to add something, maybe take a note from Croco, since they both have sunglasses, with a bomb move or two perhaps? Worth noting that Boshi at least could have a Cookie related taunt, and maybe some taunts that actually sound a lot more mean/dark in comparison to Yoshi, who is very lighthearted.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Just finished looking at the thread
...We really need that direct, don't we?

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
C’mon guys, lighten up, that Pokemon direct tomorrow is gonna officially reveal Geno as the next mythical Pokemon! :4pacman:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The nihilist in me wouldn't mind seeing a Pokemon announced for FP5 at the direct. I love chaos.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
C’mon guys, lighten up, that Pokemon direct tomorrow is gonna officially reveal Geno as the next mythical Pokemon! :4pacman:
I wouldn't mind seeing more Puppet/Material-like Pokemon in that regard. We have a golem akin to it at best with Golurk and such, but that's not that close. I can barely think of any Pokemon made out of literal wood.

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Memory's a bit fuzzy, what was that one again?
Paragon leak, if I recall, was before E3. It stipulated:
* Hero
* Banjo (got the trailer right)
* Frisk from Undertale
* Waluigi

If they were just slightly inaccurate and thought the Sans costume was a full Undertale character, then the leak might still have legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom