• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don’t you ****ing do that to me
I basically wrote a paper half the size of my Master's thesis to say what Geno has going for him and Cacomallow was like 3 paragraphs in it. Geno definitely doesn't live and die by it. It's just kind of a cool bonus if it turns out to be true. Geno gets in and it's via the most famous leak in Smash history? I can dig it.

D

Deleted member

Just a little, friendly hello after a long absence that will yet continue after this post, because I have received yet another lovely reminder of why the Smash Bros. fandom needs to burn in the fiery pits of hell, and that makes my little heart sing!

So, we have accusations of Geno's fan base doxing people, now do we? That's very cute, nicer still that these accusations were fluttering around on the wings of butterflies before an actual dox involving Sabi's old sources happened. You know, something terrible happening to two people who may now lose their jobs because some dip decided to leak their information? Oh, but that isn't a worry, sweethearts. No need to worry! We don't need to fear about people being used for their information and being thrown under a bus. Turn a blind eye to the real problems and blame those goshdarned Geno fans once again for their tomfoolery, because everything that ever goes wrong in this fandom is because of Geno and people who like his character, right?

What a fool I am. It's a shame to hear that, because I like Geno and would like to see him return, I'm a delusional, doxing good-for-nothing that doesn't deserve as much as breathing on a Smash Ultimate cartridge. Gatekeeping is a problem in the fan base, you say? Oh, no. It never would be. It's just those damn Geno fans being the stain to us all. They're what is wrong with the fandom entirely. How could I be so wrong in feeling that the toxicity elsewhere should be a priority over those horrible Geno fans liking their video game character? My priorities have been terribly skewed, wouldn't you say?

A better use of my time would be to go out of my way to spout bull ad nauseum to those horrible villains of Smash speculation and harass them over forums, over social media, and over any possible venue. Minors being dragged through the mud over Smash speculation? People losing their livelihoods? Those are but ants to the plague that is the Geno problem. Wake up, dear darling sheeple. Don't let the ~*~cult~*~ of Geno brainwash you! After all, dubbing Geno as a 'star-sent savior' means that this place is an obvious cult and church of Geno. Yes, let's compare Geno's fans to a cult, a very serious kind of group mentality that has resulted in the deaths of hundreds of people including children. Geno fans are just that heinous, after all, aren't they? Tsk, tsk.

Now, if you will excuse me, I will go back to being a positive light elsewhere in the Smash community by being a ray of sunshine and smiling through it all, because heaven forbid I, as a Geno fan, express disdain with how his fan base as a whole is treated. Wouldn't that be awful? I'd be drinking that goddamn Kool-Aid. Guess I'll be dying along with everyone else in this thread, eh? Been a good one, lads. Been a damn good one.

A final aside: Let's not act like adults. Let's behave like immature children and stalk fans of a character to mess with them at every opportunity. Don't do it to fans of Reimu, Sora, Dante, Doom Marine, 2B, and so forth, though. Only the Geno fans are the heathens. Those other people believing in their characters and loving their characters? They're completely innocent. It's just those blasted Geno fans with their drawings of a cute puppet star man and their disgusting concept of, gasp... hope.

Yeah, and people wonder why I left. Enough of the crap and saccharine schtick. How's about we focus on, you know, the awful things like death threats being thrown at people, harassment, and actual doxing from actual doxing situations that have actually occurred?

I know that I will be burned at the stake for saying this as someone who likes Geno, though, so feel free to throw your knives and **** your rifles. :) I'll be taking my leave again now. Ta~
Well goddamn. I just have one question.

Will you marry me? D:

Last edited by a moderator:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I basically wrote a paper half the size of my Master's thesis to say what Geno has going for him and Cacomallow was like 3 paragraphs in it. Geno definitely doesn't live and die by it. It's just kind of a cool bonus if it turns out to be true. Geno gets in and it's via the most famous leak in Smash history? I can dig it.
Oh no, it was more me avoiding reliving childhood trauma of dying Spongebob than me being worried about CacoMallow being fake XD (I was old enough to know that obviously it was a fake out but it still got me man lol)

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I love this, good work dude

Just a little, friendly hello after a long absence that will yet continue after this post, because I have received yet another lovely reminder of why the Smash Bros. fandom needs to burn in the fiery pits of hell, and that makes my little heart sing!

So, we have accusations of Geno's fan base doxing people, now do we? That's very cute, nicer still that these accusations were fluttering around on the wings of butterflies before an actual dox involving Sabi's old sources happened. You know, something terrible happening to two people who may now lose their jobs because some dip decided to leak their information? Oh, but that isn't a worry, sweethearts. No need to worry! We don't need to fear about people being used for their information and being thrown under a bus. Turn a blind eye to the real problems and blame those goshdarned Geno fans once again for their tomfoolery, because everything that ever goes wrong in this fandom is because of Geno and people who like his character, right?

What a fool I am. It's a shame to hear that, because I like Geno and would like to see him return, I'm a delusional, doxing good-for-nothing that doesn't deserve as much as breathing on a Smash Ultimate cartridge. Gatekeeping is a problem in the fan base, you say? Oh, no. It never would be. It's just those damn Geno fans being the stain to us all. They're what is wrong with the fandom entirely. How could I be so wrong in feeling that the toxicity elsewhere should be a priority over those horrible Geno fans liking their video game character? My priorities have been terribly skewed, wouldn't you say?

A better use of my time would be to go out of my way to spout bull ad nauseum to those horrible villains of Smash speculation and harass them over forums, over social media, and over any possible venue. Minors being dragged through the mud over Smash speculation? People losing their livelihoods? Those are but ants to the plague that is the Geno problem. Wake up, dear darling sheeple. Don't let the ~*~cult~*~ of Geno brainwash you! After all, dubbing Geno as a 'star-sent savior' means that this place is an obvious cult and church of Geno. Yes, let's compare Geno's fans to a cult, a very serious kind of group mentality that has resulted in the deaths of hundreds of people including children. Geno fans are just that heinous, after all, aren't they? Tsk, tsk.

Now, if you will excuse me, I will go back to being a positive light elsewhere in the Smash community by being a ray of sunshine and smiling through it all, because heaven forbid I, as a Geno fan, express disdain with how his fan base as a whole is treated. Wouldn't that be awful? I'd be drinking that goddamn Kool-Aid. Guess I'll be dying along with everyone else in this thread, eh? Been a good one, lads. Been a damn good one.

A final aside: Let's not act like adults. Let's behave like immature children and stalk fans of a character to mess with them at every opportunity. Don't do it to fans of Reimu, Sora, Dante, Doom Marine, 2B, and so forth, though. Only the Geno fans are the heathens. Those other people believing in their characters and loving their characters? They're completely innocent. It's just those blasted Geno fans with their drawings of a cute puppet star man and their disgusting concept of, gasp... hope.

Yeah, and people wonder why I left. Enough of the crap and saccharine schtick. How's about we focus on, you know, the awful things like death threats being thrown at people, harassment, and actual doxing from actual doxing situations that have actually occurred?

I know that I will be burned at the stake for saying this as someone who likes Geno, though, so feel free to throw your knives and **** your rifles. :) I'll be taking my leave again now. Ta~
Y'all already know how it is fellas:
PicsArt_01-08-11.41.41.jpg

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

This moveset is still literally perfect. Although I would probably change most of his Smash attacks to that idea with Forseburn I proposed earlier where he had a two hit like Link.

http://rivalsofaether.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/forsburn_strong_forward.gif (Forward Smash proposal; Just replace dagger with rocket punch)

If I could rework Geno, I wou;ld make him more like Iron Man where he can fire beams from the palm of his hands. It would help so much with realizing what moves I would want him to have without having to worry about how he function without changing the attachment.

Although, imagine if Geno was also a stance character like Shulk or Ammy/Volnutt from the VS. Capcom series and could swap from fist, star gun and mini canons)

Too many ideas I now have to get to work on.

We seriously need to kill the stereotype of Dragon Quest fans being the enemies of Geno supporters.

I am a Dragon Quest fan and I find SMRPG such a great game that I would love to see content from it in Smash.
Also don't worry. I have come to learn alot about Dragon Quest since I first heard the name Erdrick and Fighter Pass 2 over a year ago. You guys have been absolutely chill and I've come to learn that you guys are some of the best the Smash Community has to offer. Looking forward to joining you guys some day!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel that given Cloud/Geno/Chocobo are all RPG characters, it’d seem weird even by Square standards to pair them with 2B or Lara specifically given those are more action driven franchises. That’s of course not going into how Square basically booed no-selled the other costumes to focus on DQ (which could be a similar situation for Geno if the Mallow/Smithy portion of the Mii list is true). Sure Sora probably could pair with the two Mii costumes but again, why not focus on KH characters or (gasp) Disney costume cameos then in that situation?
Just wanted to play devil's advocate here, but I don't think tonal clash would be that bad. In fact I think it's a non-issue. Joker came with costumes for Tails and Knuckles, and if hypothetically 2B, specifically, were to get in, Chocobo wouldn't feel out of place since Nier: Automata and Final Fantasy have crossed over several times before.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Keep in mind this is a support thread for Geno, where people who want Geno can talk about Geno and chill. You are free to raise questions and debate, but bringing out a point that’s been discussed ad nauseam and overtaking the thread and drowning out all other discussion while sticking your head in your ears and refusing to listen to any arguments presented is not a debate. It’s not even a discussion. It’s just noise.

If you cannot agree, agree to disagree, drop the topic, and move on. If you can’t do that, Smashboards features a lovely little button that can set all posts by a user to invisible so that you don’t have to see them, it’s called “ignore”. You are free to make use of it liberally in order to promote a healthy, friendly atmosphere. Please do if necessary. Be the bigger person. Don’t feel like you’re finishing an argument or have to step in to give your two cents, be wise enough not to start or continue one. The more fuel you put in the fire, the bigger it grows. No fuel = no fire.

Please and thank you, from one Genobro to another.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

I have not seen anyone throw those accusations here.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Keep in mind this is a support thread for Geno, where people who want Geno can talk about Geno and chill. You are free to raise questions and debate, but bringing out a point that’s been discussed ad nauseam and overtaking the thread and drowning out all other discussion while sticking your head in your ears and refusing to listen to any arguments presented is not a debate. It’s not even a discussion. It’s just noise.

If you cannot agree, agree to disagree, drop the topic, and move on. If you can’t do that, Smashboards features a lovely little button that can set all posts by a user to invisible so that you don’t have to see them, it’s called “ignore”. You are free to make use of it liberally in order to promote a healthy, friendly atmosphere. Please do if necessary. Be the bigger person. Don’t feel like you’re finishing an argument or have to step in to give your two cents, be wise enough not to start or continue one. The more fuel you put in the fire, the bigger it grows. No fuel = no fire.

Please and thank you, from one Genobro to another.
I agree, let's focus on Geno and try to make Oval proud of us as a community.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I have not seen anyone throw those accusations here.
I've got you covered.

If anything i'm fascinated by how much drama you guys are able to generate over fake leaks and stupid theories. At this point literally anybody could show up and say they have insider knowledge, you guys would start believing them, fighting and trying to dox people over it.
At this point i just hope actual insiders start saying things again. This community is starving.
I find it absolutely comedic.

I agree, let's focus on Geno and try to make Oval proud of us as a community.
While the attention given to trolling is a very bad idea in itself, y'all are mainly innocent. It isn't your fault that the community for Smash at large paints fans of a cute little star from a game from 24 years ago as the devils and proprietors of everything wrong.

What do I know, though? After all, I am just a Geno fan.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
While the attention given to trolling is a very bad idea in itself, y'all are mainly innocent. It isn't your fault that the community for Smash at large paints fans of a cute little star from a game from 24 years ago as the devils and proprietors of everything wrong.

To be fair, while it is true that you're just a Geno fan you did and still do a lot for this fanbase (btw i wrote a little speech not too long ago in wich i mentioned how you inspired me to make daily memes for everyone here in the thread so it would be really cool if you could read it)

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

That is a pretty big over exaggeration.

At most, people just are annoyed that many people on this thread often take Fatmans “speculation” really seriously, and often treat him more likely than he actually is.

D

Deleted member

I think the dude who made the accusation was a little in over his head. Maybe he just got the wrong idea or was fed some lie from someone else who isn't quite fond of our fanbase. He was clearly upset about something related to Fatman's theories and wanted to paint us all in a negative light by association.

Coulda been an honest mistake on his part. No point putting him on blast anymore. He hasn't posted since he's been called out for it.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Ovaltine Ovaltine Oh hey, you're back!

Unfortunately under not the best of times with the sheananigans that are going on, but still.

Also, to the people that are saying that the Ignore button is a thing. Man, it makes a world of difference. Everything looks so peaceful now.

Give it a chance, guys. I was against using it but it seems like it works. You won't see all posts but oh well. It's something.

Also, in regards of a direct and the times before, if a Pokemon Direct is happening then a regular direct should be close to it, anyhow.

Any time now, Nintendo...

:mybodyisreggie:.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

At most, people just are annoyed that many people on this thread often take Fatmans “speculation” really seriously, and often treat him more likely than he actually is.
You definitely don't see the same treatment of Geno's fan base that I do. I'm not only talking about this thread, you know.

To be fair, while it is true that you're just a Geno fan you did and still do a lot for this fanbase (btw i wrote a little speech not too long ago in wich i mentioned how you inspired me to make daily memes for everyone here in the thread so it would be really cool if you could read it)
Cool, a link to that would be nice. Thanks!

Ovaltine Ovaltine Oh hey, you're back!

Unfortunately under not the best of times with the sheananigans that are going on, but still.
Not quite. After my input is completely given on this kerfuffle, I'm back out. Not posting here has done wonders for my mental health lol. I just had my berserk button pressed with the dox tripe going on.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

This sounds less like a frustration more specific to this thread right now and potentially more like a variety of outside sources on different platforms putting unjust amounts of accusations for issues on Geno and then reaching a boiling point at one post. Maybe, at worst, a little unrelated, but I don't blame people if they need to vent in this thread. It's one of the safer places to do it besides like the Discords.

While I suspect a lot of the increased fervor with regards to things has to do with Fatman's "speculation" and that in of itself has reached a boiling point too for other parts of the community, that still doesn't mean we downplay someone clearly having a rough time with their interactions within the Smash community. Ovaltine's voice deserves to be heard at the end of the day, and like I said, this is one of the safer places to do it.

And I'm not sure about "at most." I get I'm not everyone's favorite member around here and I don't traditionally see some of the worst stuff people do on other platforms, but I've seen enough to know there are groups of people that outright despise Geno fans and wish they would just shut up about the character forever. The people most likely to jump on to others during this period with regards to Fatmanonice's "speculation" are also, generally speaking, the people who have traditionally held lower opinions of Geno in Smash as well and have found an opportunity to voice that frustration through a different means (and even sometimes that straight up hatred for the character). There have been some people to come here out of frustration with Fatmanonice, and those people have traditionally stuck to challenging his theories more directly (which, at least in my opinion, is the best way to interact if you choose to in regards to everything related to said "Speculation"), but there's also continued to be more of an uptick in people just coming here either directly in bad faith or with much more hostility at the door than necessary. When it comes down to it, "at most" is still going to be the people who hate the idea of Geno in Smash and are looking for a way to exact their "vengeance" or essentially try a weirdly manipulated version of cancel culture on people who support him.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Alright, I'm done. Seriously, people, we aren't doxxing people or anythign . Hell, wasn't Fatman given death threats? why are we always the bad guys?
I hate being accused of being toxic and s*** when I'm doing nothing wrong.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

If people take it seriously to the point where they will be disappointed if it doesn’t happen, that’s between them and their own expectations.

I understand why people could find that annoying, but everybody ultimately makes their own choice as to what they believe, and to how strongly they believe it. Personally, I don’t care enough to have strong attachments even if I tend to agree with Fatman’s theories because he provides sound enough arguments for me specifically to find it credible, so if it happens it happens and if it doesn’t it doesn’t, oh well. However, I also understand that everybody else is different, and people will - and do - go the extra mile.

But what perplexes me is that people feel the need to feel offended by it? Like “Oh, those Geno supporters are supporting Geno in the Geno Support Thread and believing a theory that supports Geno being in Smash Bros. Better get my pitchforks out and complain about it in other threads and websites and voice my displeasure!

that’s obviously an oversimplification, but hopefully you understand the principle behind it. It’s fine for being to not agree, but I don’t understand why people get so annoyed that they have to come in here and try and gatekeeper our expectations and tell us how to speculate and what to believe and how strongly.

it’s hurting nobody for anybody inside this thread to support Geno and support Geno theories like it says on the tin, except the very people supporting him and those theories. And if people are supporting him and those theories, they are responsible for the consequences, good or bad, for that choice, as they are the ones that made it all on their own.

it’s all subjective at the end of the day, and it’s over a video game, of all things. People in general should not be taking any of this so seriously. But people do, and it’s a reality we have to live with. Least we can do is try to live in peace.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
You definitely don't see the same treatment of Geno's fan base that I do. I'm not only talking about this thread, you know.

Not quite. After my input is completely given on this kerfuffle, I'm back out. Not posting here has done wonders for my mental health lol.

Going to put this in the nicest possible way I can.

Why do other people’s opinions on a character you like matter to you so much? To the point where it is affecting your mental health so to speak?

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
More seriously though, woah Ovaltine is back! ...I wish you would've returned under more pleasant circumstances. I've been missing your positive vibes (if you remember that nickname I gave ya).

I just don't understand why some people have to poke bears over and over. They have to die on hills to show how confident they are and their arrogance blinds them. Not only has Franco Geno's mood been soured, you managed to make wynn look like child's play. At least for all the crap wynn does that he won't die on a hill saying he'll close his account. Seriously grow up. And I know people don't like being told that and to "hype responsibly" and what not, but clearly some people can't be mature and civil. So sorry if you think it is condescending, but you need to either take a breather, drink water, and just grow up. It is a video game. The stuff Ovaltine is quoting is simply absurd, and then to be a contrarian and just be like "well it isn't THAT big a deal" or the like is just childish.

Sakurai made Smash to bring people and worlds together. Why must speculation devolve to such mudslinging? If Geno gets in, great! If he doesn't, oh well! Life goes on! Both sides (though I'm talking to detractors in this post) need to not get so stuck on their hills and just be civil. Sakurai would likely be disgusted if he saw the behavior people choose to carry out.

I don't want this thread to be closed again. As a young zoomer, take my advice... sometimes in the heat of the moment you can do and say things you regret. You need to step back and analyze if this is all worth it in the end. Another piece of advice... learn when to DROP a subject and let it go. Yeah, I'm talking to YOU specifically. You need to learn when to drop subjects and not egg people on and pester. You've done it to Fatman, and you're continuing to do it now. Just stop. I'm the young zoomer, yet you're the one acting like an emotional teen.

...*sigh

Everyone just let it go. And don't feed the bad behavior. Let's be hopeful for Smash's future.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Going to put this in the nicest possible way I can.

Why do other people’s opinions on a character you like matter to you so much? To the point where it is affecting your “mental health” so to speak?
Because being told you suck for liking something sucks and is mentally draining. It helps when you have more than one character that you'd love to see in Smash/are overall super satisfied with that character, but I know for a lot of people here, Geno is it. That's the only character they're interested in at this point for one reason or another, and thus, that's their investment within the community and the only one at that. If someone spends all their time within the Geno fan base and gets hounded exclusively on the basis of they like the character, then interacting with the community can just be an overall negative association.

People spend a lot of time on Smash forums, so they can have more of an effect on you than you realize simply because any place you devote lots of time to will have an impact on you, consciously or not, and you can't really turn off how it impacts you as a person without pretty extreme effort because you're also rewiring behavior.

Just imagine Monokuma being the target of all the hate that Geno has gotten over the years and you might be able to understand it a little better.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

So pray tell, how seriously should we take Fatman's speculation exactly? Is there a certain amount of his speculation we're allowed to agree with? Is taking any of his speculation into consideration tantamount to agreeing with him? Who exactly is the once deciding how much agreement is too much? Is it you? And who exactly do you think is taking Fatman's speculation too seriously exactly? Anyone in particular you take issue with? Or is it a percentage of all the people in this thread? Have you asked these people how much they believe what Fatman's speculating, if at all? I personally don't take everything Fatman says as gospel. In fact, I've take issue with a good number of his theories, such as him even suggesting that we're possibly getting three fighters revealed in the next Direct, as well as his insistance that Dovakin may be FP5. So... are you talking about me?

Man, I love how people who make these kinds of assessments of us don't bother to open a dialogue, discuss this with us and actually ask us what we think about things, and instead resort to broad accusations, strawmanning, and vain attempts at policing what we think and feel as if we're 13 year old kids going on the internet for the first time. Totally not obnoxious and condescending at all, let me tell you. "Slow down there, junior! If you speculate too much you're gonna get your hopes up too high and start thinking things that go contrary to what I believe! You're too young to handle the SOUL-CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT of being wrong about stuff on the internet!"

Seriously though, people are allowed to think whatever they want with regards to Fatman's speculation. If you have a problem with it, then that's on you. Stop trying to manage people's expectations like your our ****ing nanny and try talking to us about the **** we say. And for **** sake, learn to format your goddamn posts.

You don't need to give EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE two full lines of separation!

We can read paragraphs perfectly fine you goddamn Redditor!
Because being told you suck for liking something sucks and is mentally draining. It helps when you have more than one character that you'd love to see in Smash/are overall super satisfied with that character, but I know for a lot of people here, Geno is it. That's the only character they're interested in at this point for one reason or another, and thus, that's their investment within the community and the only one at that. If someone spends all their time within the Geno fan base and gets hounded exclusively on the basis of they like the character, then interacting with the community can just be an overall negative association.

People spend a lot of time on Smash forums, so they can have more of an effect on you than you realize simply because any place you devote lots of time to will have an impact on you, consciously or not, and you can't really turn off how it impacts you as a person without pretty extreme effort because you're also rewiring behavior.

Just imagine Monokuma being the target of all the hate that Geno has gotten over the years and you might be able to understand it a little better.
Well to be fair, Monokuma is a murderous teddy bear. I kind of think he deserves at least some hate. :ultpacman:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Good Lord, we still on this!? Glad to see Groundhogs day is still in full swing.

Also... Ovaltine Ovaltine ? I miss you so!!! Glad to hear you are doing better since getting away from speculation.

EDIT Also sorry KCCHIEFS27 KCCHIEFS27 I realized I got swept up in the whole 'who is who' pages ago. That won't happen again.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So pray tell, how seriously should we take Fatman's speculation exactly? Is there a certain amount of his speculation we're allowed to agree with? Is taking any of his speculation into consideration tantamount to agreeing with him? Who exactly is the once deciding how much agreement is too much? Is it you? And who exactly do you think is taking Fatman's speculation too seriously exactly? Anyone in particular you take issue with? Or is it a percentage of all the people in this thread? Have you asked these people how much they believe what Fatman's speculating, if at all? I personally don't take everything Fatman says as gospel. In fact, I've take issue with a good number of his theories, such as him even suggesting that we're possibly getting three fighters revealed in the next Direct, as well as his insistance that Dovakin may be FP5. So... are you talking about me?

Man, I love how people who make these kinds of assessments of us don't bother to open a dialogue, discuss this with us and actually ask us what we think about things, and instead resort to broad accusations, strawmanning, and vain attempts at policing what we think and feel as if we're 13 year old kids going on the internet for the first time. Totally not obnoxious and condescending at all, let me tell you. "Slow down there, junior! If you speculate too much you're gonna get your hopes up too high and start thinking things that go contrary to what I believe! You're too young to handle the SOUL-CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT of being wrong about stuff on the internet!"

Seriously though, people are allowed to think whatever they want with regards to Fatman's speculation. If you have a problem with it, then that's on you. Stop trying to manage people's expectations like your our ****ing nanny and try talking to us about the **** we say. And for **** sake, learn to format your goddamn posts.

You don't need to give EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE two full lines of separation!

We can read paragraphs perfectly fine you goddamn Redditor!

Well to be fair, Monokuma is a murderous teddy bear. I kind of think he deserves at least some hate. :ultpacman:
Fine, I’ll open up dialogue right now.

How meaningful do you, and other people in this thread, think Fatmans word is? Especially after Sabi called him out?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
It's times like these I'm happy I have a job with 12 hour shifts where after my day I can simply scroll through all the baiting and bad faith arguments people throw into the thread in one short sitting rather than sitting at home or class reloading the thread hoping for news and instead seeing the text equivalent of giardia spewed onto the thread for hours on end.

>all these folks who come into the thread solely to stir up drama and regurgitate year old fan arguments as if they're nobel prize winning findings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpQUvdtbEOY

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Geno gets in and it's via the most famous leak in Smash history?
the most famous leak in Smash history
You're really callin' the Cacomallow leak the "most famous leak in Smash history"? Bro, that leak doesn't even begin to touch the levels **** like the ESRB leak and Grinch leak did.

Discussion for those leaks went on for a long ass time, and **** got CRAZY. The Cacomallow leak was discussed for a few days at most, and now most people have it just stored in the back of their minds as a neat thing to think about. It is not the most famous leak in Smash history.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The main argument that I have seen is that “Chrom is in Robins final Smash!”

Here is the thing though: all that proves to me was that Chrom was likely a really late, last second decision, and that they didn’t bother to change it after the fact.
Sakurai decided on the base game characters immediately. Chrom was not remotely a last minute addition to begin with. Robin's final smash is streamlined like others, so keeping it in is the least amount of work needed to conform with other ones.

So this isn't really a good point.

https://www.gameinformer.com/interv...lant-spirits-and-20-years-of-super-smash-bros Evidence that he made the project plan and it never changed once. I've also heard Hero was planned for base game but didn't make it through. PP was probably decided to be a Bonus DLC, but there's no evidence either way that really makes it clear if he was intended for base or not anyway.

For the record, I'm in the boat that Spirits disconfirm for the current FP, and any DLC spirits won't be possible for any DLC within the next year of DLC characters, if we even get more than 2 or 3 max. I agree with your point that the current FP is not getting a Spirit promotion.

Also, you're simply not saying the Chocobo costume factor well. Any costumes missing is suspicious because that means they could return at any time. Geno, just like Chocobo, could return with another SE or one related(like Sora) possibly. That's why the Geno costume being missing isn't strong evidence. Does that explain your point a bit better, or am I missing what you meant?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I would like to answer. I take his word into consideration. Will I take it as gospel? No. Will I entertain the thought? Yes.

However, I remember a certain someone CONSTANTLY badgering Fatman during the time when he was teasing the 'Fighter 5 could be a western character that would upset another fanbase'. To the point of tagging EVERY SINGLE OF THEY'RE POST JUST TO GET THEM TO ANSWER THEM. And I remember that they tagged one of his posts where he was talking about death threats and people doxing his parents only to ask 'how do you feel about this fighter?'

Tell me...who does that sound like? Of course this individual did apologize after the fact...but, seriously, what a piece of S***
Link me the post where I did that after he said what happened.

I disavowed it immediately when he said that. I never tagged any of his posts talking about that and asking him that like you claimed.

I get that I’m a controversial figure among this thread right now, but I really don’t appreciate false accusations being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom