• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
So, Mystery Dungeon DX being announced is a great thing because its a central theme in most of the rumors I've gotten about Nintendo's plans in 2020: fulfilling longtime fan requests, even if some of them are kind of off the wall. I think that's great because it shows that Nintendo is going to be taking fan requests really seriously this year and delivering stuff that not everyone was expecting. On the downside, this makes the wait for the next Direct worse because one of the seven Remakes/remasters is already knocked out and we're not even half way through January yet...
Please tell me Paper Mario The Thousand Year door is getting remastered *____*
Edit: I wonder what other stuff fans have asked for aside TTYD and Geno in smash...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, Mystery Dungeon DX being announced is a great thing because its a central theme in most of the rumors I've gotten about Nintendo's plans in 2020: fulfilling longtime fan requests, even if some of them are kind of off the wall. I think that's great because it shows that Nintendo is going to be taking fan requests really seriously this year and delivering stuff that not everyone was expecting. On the downside, this makes the wait for the next Direct worse because one of the seven Remakes/remasters is already knocked out and we're not even half way through January yet...
Do your confidants have any update regarding Smash?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Please tell me Paper Mario The Thousand Year door is getting remastered *____*
Edit: I wonder what other stuff fans have asked for aside TTYD and Geno in smash...
Someone who got the Mystery Dungeon remake right and been hinting at other things said a 3DS remake of Paper Mario (N64) is coming to the Switch instead now.

https://twitter.com/Newmarkomaro/status/1190947856875741184

Again personally i'm skeptical of the guy and I know PM64 isn't as ideal as TTYD but coming off of Color Splash and Sticker Star it would be a gigantic improvement

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Someone who got the Mystery Dungeon remake right and been hinting at other things said a 3DS remake of Paper Mario (N64) is coming to the Switch instead now.

Again personally i'm skeptical of the guy and I know PM64 isn't as ideal as TTYD but coming off of Color Splash and Sticker Star it would be a gigantic improvement
It's also a good choice, gives me hope if THAT got remade they would remake TTYD as well, if not this year then maybe in 2021! I would also love for the Wario Land games to come back, those are classic.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
- Super Metroid Remake
- Paper Mario 64 Remake
- Earthbound Remake
- Wario Land VB Remake
- Golden Sun 1 & 2 Remake

If what Fatman is saying is true.
Paper Mario Remake would be really cool, though and really hated the Huff N Puff fight when I played it on the Wii Virtual Console in middle school, took a long time to beat him.

An Earthbound Remake would be excellent if done in the style of the Link’s Awakening remake or just have the in game models look like they’re made of clay like the art concept designs.

Wario Land would be great as I haven’t played a title from that series in forever.

Golden Sun definitely needs to make a big comeback and if it’s still a turn based style RPG with updated character models in 3D or made similar to Octopath Traveler, I’ll give it a shot.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

I'd prefer a remake/remaster of The Thousand-Year Door (especially since it's currently the only Paper Mario game that hasn't been rereleased on modern consoles in any way), but a remake of the N64 game would be cool too.

Has this guy "leaked" stuff before this?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Interesting. Didn't realize this guy came out and said some of these. I can also confirm the Fire Emblem 6+7 rumor so there's your third. Haven't personally heard the others he's mentioned outside of the Wii U ports.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

If we don't get Pikmin 4, gimme dat Pikmin 3 port. I have it on Wii U, but a deluxe package I can take anywhere is a must-have for me.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well... how do I even structure my thoughts on this? I guess I'll just go in order.
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX. I thought you guys were just meming when you thought there'd be something PMD-related coming, but I guess I was wrong. I've heard a lot of good things about the Mystery Dungeon series, and with it getting a free demo I may just check it out. Good stuff.

- Pokemon is finally doing DLC. I always wondered why they never did that to begin with. I mean, every second version of a game includes new formes and even new Pokemon, making the older ones obsolete and kind of screwing over early adopters. If they weren't going to just make the second game a patch for the first version, they could've at least put the new formes into the game's data so the two could battle and trade with eachother.

- The Expansion Pass is kind of awful. $30 dollarydoos for more **** to do after the main game was revealed to be a hollow, barebones experience leaves me with the distinct impression that this won't be much to write home about either. And for those keeping tack at home, that's ~$90 USD for a slightly better than SwSh experience that isn't nearly as good as even Ultra SuMo. ****ing KEK.

- Klara and Avery already have R34. Nothing else to say about them, just thought you should know that. Also, Mustard is an actual character name in this franchise now. Thanks, I hate it.

- There's going to be another ~200 Pokemon reincorporated into the game. Since they're doing the series tradition of reintroducing all of the Legendaries with the updated version, that means ~50 of those ~200 returning mons will be Legendaries, including the Genies of Healthy Meta. I found it quite amusing that most of the returning Pokemon shown off were the more popular ones such as Volcarona, Garchomp, Lycanroc, Slowpoke, Kingdra. It's almost as if they're doing major damage control or something. I like how they're at least not technically hiding these reintroduced Pokemon behind a paywall, since you'll be able to trade with players who don't have the Expansion Pass, but it could set a bad precedent for future games and really **** everything up if they're not careful.

- The new Pokemon shown don't look too bad. Kubfu and Urshifu look alright, but I find it hard to enjoy them with Meinfoo and Mienshao crying in the corner. I'm also happy to see Celebi and Xerneas' love child is finally making a name for itself. But seriously, Calyrex looks weird. I find it a bit odd that they gave Slowpoke a Galarian Form, and they're technically making it's evolutions DLC exclusive. Like I understand what they're going for, Armor for Slowbro, Crown for Slowking, but it still seems a bit weird.

- Speaking of weird, Galarian Legendaries are a thing now. Honestly didn't think they needed a Galarian Form, but okay I guess, at least they look kind of cool. The new/Galarian Regis have me intrigued, though. Hopefully this means they'll give Regigigas some love, because it's ability is way too crippling and it being basically a titan, it sort of deserves to have a Gigantimax Form. Speaking of Gigantimax or alternate formes in general, I really hope they reintroduce Ultra Necrozma in some way, because it's kind of bull**** to include Necrozma's other formes but skip out on it's best forme. Also, I hope you guys are prepared for Dynamax Complete Form Zygarde: a 50% HP boost when it drops below half health combined with a temporary HP doubling when it Dynamaxes. You'd better pray that all Legendaries can't Dynamax.

- The new areas look alright. I like that they're using the Wild Area camera the whole time, it'll really go that extra mile to making this DLC feel different. Not sure how big these areas actually are, though. Also a bit unclear as to what you'll be doing there. Also unclear as to how challenging it'll be. I mean at this point in the game, people will most likely have very high-leveled, competitively viable Pokemon in the box just ready to be used, so unless they're going to do something to prevent you from gaining access to your boxes until you've finished this new campaign, it's basically going to be clear and move on for most players, lasting an hour or two if they're lucky. I also find it kind of hilarious that the second half of the pass is all about exploration, again almost as if they're trying to damage control for Galar being too linear and restricting.

- I'm suprised they didn't mention anything about fixing or polishing up the main game. Like, announcing that they would be allowing you to turn off the EXP Share, or that they were fixing some of the animations or cutscenes. That would've been nice to hear, but oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they do that or not.

Overall, I'm not too excited for this. They didn't outright admit it, but all of this just smacks of damage control. Like they know they ****ed up with the base game and are trying to fix it by adding more stuff to do and bringing back more old Pokemon, but at this point it's tantamount to putting Band-Aids on a bullet wound, it's too little too late. The new content, while certainly nice in and of itself, won't be enough to fix the terrible main adventure and barebones postgame, and having to pay basically the same price as a new DS/3DS Pokemon game in order to get a better overall experience just doesn't sound worth it so far.

All I can hope for is that Game Freak continues to take this criticism to heart and makes their next Pokemon Switch games, either DP remakes or an entirely new generation, a much better experience that core Pokemon fans would actually want to play, rather than another empty, linear stopgap game that's forgotten in about a year or so. I haven't bought either of these games yet, and I'm currently not planning to until we learn more about the new DLC. If they're ****, and there aren't any new Mythical Pokemon added, then they'll be the first main series Pokemon game I've skipped over since Diamond and Pearl. (For clarity's sake, my first Pokemon game was SoulSilver)
*Sigh*

This is why I stopped following him if I am perfectly honest.

Going by this logic, I guess that the gun pointing Joker image is a hint toward Naegi for FP5. (Or Wright for post pass)

Just a reminder that people thought that the Rathalos image hinted at Isaac.
I'm pretty sure he's being very tounge-in-cheek about it.

It depends. Like in this incidence, he told me what he heard and his assumptions based on it. "No third Galar game" + "expansions and more Pokemon added" + "a remake of an older game for 2020" = Sinnoh remakes? He wasn't outright told Sinnoh remakes, this was his assumption based on what he heard. As today demonstrated, his assumption was wrong despite the initial rumors being correct.

Sometimes it's hints. Sometimes it's just outright "I heard that Moose Kicker 7: the Final Reckoning" is coming in 2020. I have four main sources for info and on top of this a network of insider friends, fact checkers, and confidants that I hear and share stuff with too who, in turn, have their own networks and sources.
Dude don't play with my heart, I've been waiting for Moose Kicker 7 for ****ing YEARS!

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Going to say this right now.

Nintendo has been focusing WAY too much on ports and remasters lately if the rumors are true.

In a year where games are about to go berserk, the only original game with a confirmed release date that they have is Animal Crossing.

And what opened and closed the last Direct? A port and a remake.

Without the Smash stuff and SNES online, that Direct would’ve been a huge disappointment.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do your confidants have any update regarding Smash?
Technically yes. Supposedly two characters recently went into testing (as in the last two weeks), implying that both would likely be out by E3 or one dropped at the event. They said they only knew the identity of one but wanted to keep it to themselves for the sake of the surprise. Their estimate was that this particular character would be out by February or March but that was only an educated guess.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Well... how do I even structure my thoughts on this? I guess I'll just go in order.
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX. I thought you guys were just meming when you thought there'd be something PMD-related coming, but I guess I was wrong. I've heard a lot of good things about the Mystery Dungeon series, and with it getting a free demo I may just check it out. Good stuff.

- Pokemon is finally doing DLC. I always wondered why they never did that to begin with. I mean, every second version of a game includes new formes and even new Pokemon, making the older ones obsolete and kind of screwing over early adopters. If they weren't going to just make the second game a patch for the first version, they could've at least put the new formes into the game's data so the two could battle and trade with eachother.

- The Expansion Pass is kind of awful. $30 dollarydoos for more **** to do after the main game was revealed to be a hollow, barebones experience leaves me with the distinct impression that this won't be much to write home about either. And for those keeping tack at home, that's ~$90 USD for a slightly better than SwSh experience that isn't nearly as good as even Ultra SuMo. ****ing KEK.

- Klara and Avery already have R34. Nothing else to say about them, just thought you should know that. Also, Mustard is an actual character name in this franchise now. Thanks, I hate it.

- There's going to be another ~200 Pokemon reincorporated into the game. Since they're doing the series tradition of reintroducing all of the Legendaries with the updated version, that means ~50 of those ~200 returning mons will be Legendaries, including the Genies of Healthy Meta. I found it quite amusing that most of the returning Pokemon shown off were the more popular ones such as Volcarona, Garchomp, Lycanroc, Slowpoke, Kingdra. It's almost as if they're doing major damage control or something. I like how they're at least not technically hiding these reintroduced Pokemon behind a paywall, since you'll be able to trade with players who don't have the Expansion Pass, but it could set a bad precedent for future games and really **** everything up if they're not careful.

- The new Pokemon shown don't look too bad. Kubfu and Urshifu look alright, but I find it hard to enjoy them with Meinfoo and Mienshao crying in the corner. I'm also happy to see Celebi and Xerneas' love child is finally making a name for itself. But seriously, Calyrex looks weird. I find it a bit odd that they gave Slowpoke a Galarian Form, and they're technically making it's evolutions DLC exclusive. Like I understand what they're going for, Armor for Slowbro, Crown for Slowking, but it still seems a bit weird.

- Speaking of weird, Galarian Legendaries are a thing now. Honestly didn't think they needed a Galarian Form, but okay I guess, at least they look kind of cool. The new/Galarian Regis have me intrigued, though. Hopefully this means they'll give Regigigas some love, because it's ability is way too crippling and it being basically a titan, it sort of deserves to have a Gigantimax Form. Speaking of Gigantimax or alternate formes in general, I really hope they reintroduce Ultra Necrozma in some way, because it's kind of bull**** to include Necrozma's other formes but skip out on it's best forme. Also, I hope you guys are prepared for Dynamax Complete Form Zygarde: a 50% HP boost when it drops below half health combined with a temporary HP doubling when it Dynamaxes. You'd better pray that all Legendaries can't Dynamax.

- The new areas look alright. I like that they're using the Wild Area camera the whole time, it'll really go that extra mile to making this DLC feel different. Not sure how big these areas actually are, though. Also a bit unclear as to what you'll be doing there. Also unclear as to how challenging it'll be. I mean at this point in the game, people will most likely have very high-leveled, competitively viable Pokemon in the box just ready to be used, so unless they're going to do something to prevent you from gaining access to your boxes until you've finished this new campaign, it's basically going to be clear and move on for most players, lasting an hour or two if they're lucky. I also find it kind of hilarious that the second half of the pass is all about exploration, again almost as if they're trying to damage control for Galar being too linear and restricting.

- I'm suprised they didn't mention anything about fixing or polishing up the main game. Like, announcing that they would be allowing you to turn off the EXP Share, or that they were fixing some of the animations or cutscenes. That would've been nice to hear, but oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they do that or not.

Overall, I'm not too excited for this. They didn't outright admit it, but all of this just smacks of damage control. Like they know they ****ed up with the base game and are trying to fix it by adding more stuff to do and bringing back more old Pokemon, but at this point it's tantamount to putting Band-Aids on a bullet wound, it's too little too late. The new content, while certainly nice in and of itself, won't be enough to fix the terrible main adventure and barebones postgame, and having to pay basically the same price as a new DS/3DS Pokemon game in order to get a better overall experience just doesn't sound worth it so far.

All I can hope for is that Game Freak continues to take this criticism to heart and makes their next Pokemon Switch games, either DP remakes or an entirely new generation, a much better experience that core Pokemon fans would actually want to play, rather than another empty, linear stopgap game that's forgotten in about a year or so. I haven't bought either of these games yet, and I'm currently not planning to until we learn more about the new DLC. If they're ****, and there aren't any new Mythical Pokemon added, then they'll be the first main series Pokemon game I've skipped over since Diamond and Pearl. (For clarity's sake, my first Pokemon game was SoulSilver)
Regarding Mystery Dungeon, I highly recommend giving it a try. I wasn't too keen on the newer Mystery Dungeon games but Red and Blue Reacue Teams were my favourite in the series. So having a remake for them is awesome.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Interesting. Didn't realize this guy came out and said some of these. I can also confirm the Fire Emblem 6+7 rumor so there's your third. Haven't personally heard the others he's mentioned outside of the Wii U ports.
Oooo Fire Emblem 6+7 would be hype, 7 was the first one the west got and we’d finally get Roy’s game

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Ehm... why would the remake Binding Blade and Blazing Sword before Genealogy and Thracia 766?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Going to say this right now.

Nintendo has been focusing WAY too much on ports and remasters lately if the rumors are true.

In a year where games are about to go berserk, the only original game with a confirmed release date that they have is Animal Crossing.

And what opened and closed the last Direct? A port and a remake.

Without the Smash stuff and SNES online, that Direct would’ve been a huge disappointment.
I don't think this is something to worry about because we know very little about the year so far. While 2017 was amazing, Nintendo was supporting two consoles at the time (Switch and 3DS) and now they only have one. The 3DS remaster plan transfer + Wii U porting is probably why it feels this way.

D

Deleted member

Well, if this Markomaro guy is for real, the only dead franchise he listed is Wario Land. The Virtual Boy game is very good, and it's a shame it was stuck on a doomed console... I'd be happy to see it remade, but I feel like they'd have to add a lot of content to reasonably market it at $60.

Honestly Wario Land is kind of a deep dig, since it feels like Warioware all but killed it off. It was high on my list of games that just weren't happening in the Remakening, especially if F-Zero wasn't getting any love. Really racking my brain as to the others.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Ehm... why would the remake Binding Blade and Blazing Sword before Genealogy and Thracia 766?
7 was the first game the west got and 6 has Roy so that’s my guess at reasoning.

Well, if this Markomaro guy is for real, the only dead franchise he listed is Wario Land. The Virtual Boy game is very good, and it's a shame it was stuck on a doomed console... I'd be happy to see it remade, but I feel like they'd have to add a lot of content to reasonably market it at $60.

Honestly Wario Land is kind of a deep dig, since it feels like Warioware all but killed it off. It was high on my list of games that just weren't happening in the Remakening, especially if F-Zero wasn't getting any love. Really racking my brain as to the others.
That’s the part that makes me suspicious of it. Wario Land VB is such a deep dig and it feels like the kind of thing that only nerds on message boards like us would appreciate

Last edited:

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
Probably because they will be easier to remake, since their mechanics are more similar to three houses than geonology or thracia. Also their characters are more known than the former ones, that outside of the fire emblem comunity are nobodys. It will take a lot of investment to make a proper Jugdral saga remake and it seems that IS is not going to take such a risk.

D

Deleted member

That’s the part that makes me suspicious of it. Wario Land VB is such a deep dig and it feels like the kind of thing that only nerds on message boards like us would appreciate
The relative obscurity of a Virtual Boy remake is out there, but believable - the only thing that doesn't mesh with me is the idea that in 2019 Nintendo was still planning to make 3DS games. If his info is legit, there had to be some kind of deliberate misinformation there.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Sooooo regarding that 7 remasters rumor going around here, any talks of a golden sun remake possibly being one of them? That’s my biggest hope.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The relative obscurity of a Virtual Boy remake is out there, but believable - the only thing that doesn't mesh with me is the idea that in 2019 Nintendo was still planning to make 3DS games. If his info is legit, there had to be some kind of deliberate misinformation there.
Nintendo did release the Bowser’s Inside Story remake last year, maybe it bombed so hard they moved all their other remakes in production to the Switch

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I recall IS said they wanted to remake Binding Blade for the next FE remake after Echoes. And if they do, then I hope that they fix Roy. It's his own game, but he's just so bad.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
7 was the first game the west got and 6 has Roy so that’s my guess at reasoning.

Probably because they will be easier to remake, since their mechanics are more similar to three houses than geonology or thracia. Also their characters are more known than the former ones, that outside of the fire emblem comunity are nobodys. It will take a lot of investment to make a proper Jugdral saga remake and it seems that IS is not going to take such a risk.
Intelligent system has always gone in a straight line when it comes to remaking their games and not jumping around. That¨s why we got Shadow of Valentia (aka Fire Emblem 2) and not Fire Emblem 6 and/or 7 after Fates. If we are going by the "most demanded", then the argument should be shifted towards the Tellius saga... People have begged for a remake for those for ages, both because of the popularity of Ike and how bat**** rare those games are

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I don't think this is something to worry about because we know very little about the year so far. While 2017 was amazing, Nintendo was supporting two consoles at the time (Switch and 3DS) and now they only have one. The 3DS remaster plan transfer + Wii U porting is probably why it feels this way.
When the last Direct had no major game announcement that wasn’t a port or remaster, don’t you think that they are focusing too much on it?

Especially the wave of upcoming games on other platforms in 2020?

The only original games not named Animal Crossing that they have for Switch exclusives in 2020 atm are No More Heroes 3 and Bravely Default 2 (Which I’m not interested in btw). And even they could still get delayed into 2021, they don’t have a concrete release date yet.

Hopefully the next Direct will actually give us a new, original game announcement.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Murmurings of an Earthbound remake, eh?

Hate to say I called it, so I'll just say I prayed for it. I hope to god Itoi got the chance to give his input on a potential remaster, though. The charm must translate.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
My brain saw it, now you must see it, too. I present to you: Avery, from Pokemon Sword and Shield's DLC.
AveryFromPokemonSwShDLC.png

Tell me I'm wrong.
Regarding Mystery Dungeon, I highly recommend giving it a try. I wasn't too keen on the newer Mystery Dungeon games but Red and Blue Reacue Teams were my favourite in the series. So having a remake for them is awesome.
Alright, I guess I'll try it out, then.

Oooo Fire Emblem 6+7 would be hype, 7 was the first one the west got and we’d finally get Roy’s game
If this is true, I'm suprised they're skipping over not only the first and third games, but especially Genealogy of the Holy Way and Thracia 776. I've heard those games are pretty good, too. Is it because of the incest? Or maybe they just wanted to get to the games with fan favorites Roy, Eliwood, Lyn and Hector? Either way, it should be good.

Murmurings of an Earthbound remake, eh?

Hate to say I called it, so I'll just say I prayed for it. I hope to god Itoi got the chance to give his input on a potential remaster, though. The charm must translate.
If it's Toby Fox behind the helm as is rumored, it's gonna have charm to spare.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Intelligent system has always gone in a straight line when it comes to remaking their games and not jumping around. That¨s why we got Shadow of Valentia (aka Fire Emblem 2) and not Fire Emblem 6 and/or 7 after Fates. If we are going by the "most demanded", then the argument should be shifted towards the Tellius saga... People have begged for a remake for those for ages, both because of the popularity of Ike and how bat**** rare those games are
If this is true, I'm suprised they're skipping over not only the first and third games, but especially Genealogy of the Holy Way and Thracia 776. I've heard those games are pretty good, too. Is it because of the incest? Or maybe they just wanted to get to the games with fan favorites Roy, Eliwood, Lyn and Hector? Either way, it should be good.
1 and 3 already got DS remakes (3 was only in Japan) so I don’t know how much going in order is a concern for IS

Also they need to never remake Tellius in case when I’m old I wanna become a millionaire with my copies /s

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo did release the Bowser’s Inside Story remake last year, maybe it bombed so hard they moved all their other remakes in production to the Switch
And that costed us AlphaDream :( Now we only have Paper Mario as our RPG series. I wish they would just do something like BOTW and join all 3 Mario RPG branches (Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Super Mario RPG) together.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
1 and 3 already got DS remakes (3 was only in Japan) so I don’t know how much going in order is a concern for IS

Also they need to never remake Tellius in case when I’m old I wanna become a millionaire with my copies /s

True... I would still argue that GoH and Thracia makes more sense before 6+7 (and I say that as someone that is not a fan of four and five what so ever) - They are more outdated and need a refresher then Blazing Sword and Binding Blade

I dunno. Once again, I have receipts of conversations with my confidants to once again prove I'm not making this up. This is the quickest one I could find:
Not arguing what you're heard. I just don¨t get why they would skip out on 4 and 5

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer a remake/remaster of The Thousand-Year Door (especially since it's currently the only Paper Mario game that hasn't been rereleased on modern consoles in any way), but a remake of the N64 game would be cool too.

Has this guy "leaked" stuff before this?
Unrelated to your post, just wanna say I LOVE that avatar of yours.

Droodle

Smash Lord

I don't know why we're even talking about this guy. He never specifies Mystery Dungeon REMAKE, only a Mystery Dungeon game; which isn't far fetched at all.

He also indicates that the first one to be announced is Boutique 4 which is blatantly false because Mystery Dungeon is already announced.

On top of this, he kinda states that the new MD game won't be coming until the 2nd half of the year. So why are we even talking about this?

Regarding the FE 6 and 7 remakes, I've heard of rumours of those as well; but it isn't clear if it's FE 4 or FE 6 being remade next.

That said, any rumour saying that FE 6/7 being remade together in 1 game is likely false; because those games would pretty much need to be entirely rewritten in order to work together. Both of their stories are fairly standalone, so they really wouldn't work together combined at all.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That said, any rumour saying that FE 6/7 being remade together in 1 game is likely false; because those games would pretty much need to be entirely rewritten in order to work together. Both of their stories are fairly standalone, so they really wouldn't work together combined at all.
I wouldn¨t question the chances of them rewrite stuff in order to mash them. Shadow of Valentia isn¨t a carbon copy of the script from Fire Emblem Gaiden.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't care for remakes. I just want Geno in Smash Bros. There isn't much of a connection between the two so can we get back on track and just talk about Geno for now?

MattX20

Smash Hero
A thought occurred to me regarding Geno and his alts. You think his alts would have not just the hat and cape be different, but also the kind of wood Geno is made out of as well?

Droodle

Smash Lord
I wouldn¨t question the chances of them rewrite stuff in order to mash them. Shadow of Valentia isn¨t a carbon copy of the script from Fire Emblem Gaiden.
Yes, but apart from the added Berkut stuff, it largely follows a more expanded storyline of Gaiden.

FE 6/7 are two games with two DIFFERENT storylines that they would have to combine, without allowing the pacing to deter.

They have to essentially give enough development to the cast of both games through modernized supports; put a time skip in and canonize certain relationships. On top of this, they have to cut out a lot of fluff in both games in order to fit them in together; as well as change gameplay mechanics so post timeskip doesn't get absurdly slow compared to previous timeskip. This isn't even talking about all the stuff they have to add and rewrite in order for the games to fit together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom