• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Axiom verge 2 looks neat, I'll probably take a look at it when it releases. To bad whatever mystery 1st party item they hinted at didn't come to pass.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Axiom Verge 2 is cool and all, but... Skatebird stole the show. They're just trying their best.

I want Geno to skate with some birds now. He's 90's energy to the core, so he'd fit super well. Tony Hawk's Astralgrounds feat. Skatebird & Geno from SMRPG, anyone?

ETA: HEH. I JUST REALIZED. SKATEBIRD. TONY HAWK. HEH. HEEHEHEHEHEHE.

Last edited:

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Welp it's definitely not the Microsoft/Nintendo project, maybe they will reveal it at TGA?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
First Untitled Goose Game, now Skatebird. Is every amazing indie game going to have you play as birds now?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sounds like we've been bamboozled

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what was the big mystery thing supposed to be?
Don't want to say just yet in case it's a VGA announcement. That's kind of disappointing since they said today though so, like Papa said, we're going to wait until after the VGAs so we don't accidentally leak anything.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Imagine watching an Indie direct expecting something big

Yall set yourselves up for disappointment

Indie directs are always lukewarm

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Don't want to say just yet in case it's a VGA announcement. That's kind of disappointing since they said today though so, like Papa said, we're going to wait until after the VGAs so we don't accidentally leak anything.
Makes sense. If it is something first party, it could very easily be saved for VGA.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Was actually just about to post about his response
1576002433449.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Uhhh....so what was supposed to be special about this nindie direct?
A guy both me and Papa talked to suggested there was going to be a big first party announcement today during the Nindies. Since that didn't happen, we'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and not chew his ass for it. The guy has a history of getting info slightly off so it's not to big of a deal but slightly annoying. For example, he knew that Luminary was going to the main Hero instead of Erdrick but his intel said that the reveal was going to happen at the Smash Tournament instead of the E3 Direct.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
please update me.

What was the source of Fatmonice about?
Short version: Both Fatmanonice and Papagenos have a scoop on something both were expecting to be announced at the Indie Showcase, and that didn't happen so we're on "Wait and see" mode for the Game Awards

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Tfw you’ve been calling Master Chief for a week with only 25% confidence and 75% ****posting but you might actually be right.

What a time to be alive. Also it’s been said but CacoMallow could still be real and there could be Doom Mii costumes with Chief

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
[QUOTE = "MonkeyDLenny, post: 23724331, membro: 403322"] Versão curta: Fatmanonice e Papagenos têm uma ideia de algo que ambos esperavam ser anunciados no Indie Showcase, e isso não aconteceu, então estamos no ar " Aguarde e veja "para o Game Awards [/ QUOTE]
ºThanks

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
A guy both me and Papa talked to suggested there was going to be a big first party announcement today during the Nindies. Since that didn't happen, we'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt and not chew his ass for it. The guy has a history of getting info slightly off so it's not to big of a deal but slightly annoying. For example, he knew that Luminary was going to the main Hero instead of Erdrick but his intel said that the reveal was going to happen at the Smash Tournament instead of the E3 Direct.
Has his off info always been a case of it being announce at a different time?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Tfw you’ve been calling Master Chief for a week with only 25% confidence and 75% ****posting but you might actually be right.

What a time to be alive. Also it’s been said but CacoMallow could still be real and there could be Doom Mii costumes with Chief
I don't see Nintendo negotiating with Bethesda and just getting Mii costumes, that's insane. You can argue Sans but that is literally Sakurai just asking one guy "hey you want a Sans Mii in smash alright cool I'll even let you give him the song as well"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I over sleeped during my power nap lol! From the news in both the Shantae thread and the Geno thread it appears I really didn't miss anything.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I don't see Nintendo negotiating with Bethesda and just getting Mii costumes, that's insane. You can argue Sans but that is literally Sakurai just asking one guy "hey you want a Sans Mii in smash alright cool I'll even let you give him the song as well"
To play devil’s advocate, they did negotiate with Capcom for free RE spirits. I don’t think what I’m saying is the case, but I feel it’s a possibility

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Check out this nerd implying Skatebird isn't big. :ultpacman:
Looks like a fun game that I wouldn’t pay money for. I’m glad it’s a thing though!

Cadence of Hyrule would like a word with you
I don’t consider that “Big” in the scheme of nintendo announcements. It’s big in the realm of Indies, which for me personally is pretty insignificant.

Just giving my opinion. certainly not a big or must have game to me, and that’s ok! Indies just aren’t my thing most of the time

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Oh well, I guess the Nindies were kinda a bust (please come back FZero) but hey I predicted Oddworld! Hopefully we get New and Tasty too.

Honestly I’m totally stoked chief looks likely. My moveset wont be finished by Thursday but if it happens I’ll post it eventually in the Chief board and link it here for those interested.

And for those who think Chief hurts Doomguy’s chances, and by connection Geno, I strongly beg to differ. By making one, the assets can easily be repurposed for the other later on. If Chief is #5, I can easily see a timeline where Lloyd is #6 and Geno #7, followed by Doomguy as #8 around E3. That’ll give enough breathing room and would potentially space them out with a pass.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Has his off info always been a case of it being announce at a different time?
Yeah, looking over things. He seems to have issues with "timing" although not egregious so, again, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. What particularly caught my interest is that it lines up with a rumor that the NoA source told us back in August so I'm going to wait until the VGAs before I cross exam him on this.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, looking over things. He seems to have issues with "timing" although not egregious so, again, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. What particularly caught my interest is that it lines up with a rumor that the NoA source told us back in August so I'm going to wait until the VGAs before I cross exam him on this.
Okay, good to know. I do hope whatever this is shows up for the VGAs, as it does seem rather interesting. Although it didn't show up at the Indie Direct, I am going to assume it's still indie related somehow. Otherwise, why would've it been expected there in the first place?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Okay, good to know. I do hope whatever this is shows up for the VGAs, as it does seem rather interesting. Although it didn't show up at the Indie Direct, I am going to assume it's still indie related somehow. Otherwise, why would've it been expected there in the first place?
... Yeah... Come to think of it... Why would a first party game be announced during the Nindies? I have a theory as to why but I don't want to elaborate just yet. I'll just say watch the VGAs and, if it's not there, we'll all pile into my taxi the Ass Kicker Express and show up on his lawn on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom