• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping it's just him saying hello, and not a hint at Halo in Smash or anything, because I'm one of the (apparently few) people who DON'T want Chief in Smash. Not a fan of Halo, and there's just other characters I'd rather have. Plus if he got in, I feel like that could hurt Doomguy's chances since they're similar, and with the CacoMallow leak? Don't want that to happen, plus there's the fact that Doomguy is just one of my top picks anyway.
I very much share your thoughts as well. Halo in Smash would be cool in its own way but I seriously want Doom Slayer MUCH more than him mostly because I like DOOM a lot more than Halo and there's the whole "father of FPS" thing, too. Geno would seem more likely as well.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Why are we having people assuming that Master Chief is getting into Smash Bros? If anything this "halo to everyone" could just mean that Halo is coming to PS4 and Switch since the games got ported to the PC not that long ago. Plus there was word saying that the Master Chief Collection was coming to Switch.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
That means everyone posting on this page is from the future, and that means multiple people here can confirm Geno is in! (If only that’s how it worked...)

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
happy new year, geno thread! on a little bit more of a serious note, my account turned a year old two days ago! it’s been a fun ride lurking this thread, haha.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Why are we having people assuming that Master Chief is getting into Smash Bros? If anything this "halo to everyone" could just mean that Halo is coming to PS4 and Switch since the games got ported to the PC not that long ago. Plus there was word saying that the Master Chief Collection was coming to Switch.
Something something speculation, something something not entirely sincere, etc. etc. Already considered that possibility, yadda yadda, nothing's definite, see every single previous post I've made about this kind of matter

D

Deleted member

Doombros faces when Master Chief joins as a fighter but thanks to no Microsoft costumes, we get Doom costumes instead
2aadc25d4de4b7a06bfbfbf2c091fbc0d07d475bdb6a63b1b638d1a967e26df3.gif
Genobros faces when the Mallowdemon leak was real despite Chief being Doomguy
8d475979d92f9b0a56b4d51aaf5440599a83d7af9a8fdd739e1fd72395b8f201.png

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm hoping for Layton or KOS-MOS to be Fighter 5 so those guys can get their most wanted character in.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
happy new year, geno thread! on a little bit more of a serious note, my account turned a year old two days ago! it’s been a fun ride lurking this thread, haha.
HEY NERDSAUCE I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN A WHILE, HOW YOU BEEN WITH UR NERD SELF :drflip: <3

Can you share a link/source to their post?
Unrelated, but your icon is a photo taken just seconds before disaster, and I love it.

Anyway, happy new year, Geno thread! :p Let's hope we get to ring in the new decade with Geno coming home, Smash or not.

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
HEY NERDSAUCE I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN A WHILE, HOW YOU BEEN WITH UR NERD SELF :drflip: <3
greetings my favorite smashboards user and local community mother (and also nerd) Ovaltine!!! <3 it’s been wild lately but i’m doing alright, checking in here when i can and leaving the occasional likes. here’s to many more pages of geno discussion, everyone! let’s hope our wish comes true!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The interesting thing about King Zell coming back today is that every Nindies presentation this year since April has had a Microsoft announcement in it. Maybe today's finally the day we'll hear about the secret Nintendo/Microsoft project?

Nicnac

Smash Ace
The interesting thing about King Zell coming back today is that every Nindies presentation this year since April has had a Microsoft announcement in it. Maybe today's finally the day we'll hear about the secret Nintendo/Microsoft project?
Isn't a new Banjo game dual releasing also a possibility? I feel that we're zeroing in on Halo when he's misspelled before in the message.

D

Deleted member

Microsoft counts as an indie company? The more you know.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I'd love fighter 5 to be Master Chief, simply because it would break the internet. I kinda doubt it though, because the Fighters Pass has completely different companies each slot. I don't think Microsoft would get 2 reps. But who knows

pinshadow

Smash Lord
This is the weirdest possible place for them to announce anything like that unless its something like Ori 2 on Switch day one.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I'm still 50/50 on the CacoMallow leak, as badly as I want it to happen. I feel it could turn out fake just as easily as it could turn out true, so it's hard to really say for certain. I'm not necessarily against Master Chief in Smash, I just feel like it would be a blow to what that leak entails with the possibility of Doomguy and Geno getting in. I would also think with how Sakurai operates on how he likes to include characters with a legacy that it would make more sense to go with Doomguy before Master Chief, as Doom was a huge breakthrough success in the early 90's for the FPS genre and still holds relevance today. However - it's also just as likely he could go for a, "really out there" character with an impact like Chief - who, at this point, also has a legacy of his own. Sakurai is difficult to predict, so that kind of puts it in an almost similar position of uncertainty, as unlikely as I think Master Chief would be.

It kind of reminds me of when I saw a list of 50 character wants for Smash and seeing Joker on the list, thinking how unlikely but interesting that would be, and yet here we are with Joker in Smash Ultimate. I guess what I'm saying is it's that "unlikely" feeling that could also make it true, as you can imagine how people would have reacted if people were talking about Joker getting in before Dragon Quest's Hero since Verge was talking about it being Erdrick first at the time. It really feels like anyone is fair game.

On the other hand, even if it was Master Chief and the CacoMallow leak was fake - I trust Geno is still in a good position to come later, since his costume still hasn't returned and hopefully it really comes full-circle from Sakurai considering Geno for Brawl to finally getting him in for the Ultimate experience. I'd be disappointed for missing Doomguy, but getting Geno in is top-priority.

[EDIT] EarlTamm EarlTamm Here's a Twitch link - it's about to start: https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Nothing too interesting to me so far. I assume the big announcement will be saved for last.

D

Deleted member

What, no Smash?

Axiom Verge 2 is absolutely better than I could have asked for, though.

D

Deleted member

Well this direct was eh to be honest but I'm interested in that one game with the Phoenix Wright composer, Skatebird and that one genre mash-up game. Axiom Verge 2 is alright but I never even played the original.

Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice looks like that source of yours was wrong. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom