• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Based on the fact they say it was good Verge corrected himself it seems he is talking about the old mistaken list Verge had. Somewhere on that list is the company 5 is from. The best course of action would be to cross-reference the stuff he's updated since then with that list to see who was left off to find which company 5 is from.
So that would mean Bethesda does in fact have a chance right? Cacomallow, please be true!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
So that would mean Bethesda does in fact have a chance right? Cacomallow, please be true!
Well I think he's still saying no Doomguy and Geno and Sabi says his personal list is still in effect so if you're following the leakers then it's probably not going to be a Cacomallow

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Does this mean Gordon Freeman is back on the table?
Eh, if I'm honest, I think if Valve gets a character in Smash, Chel is the winner there. Sakurai would immediately gravitate to how her unique her moveset would be with Portals

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Eh, if I'm honest, I think if Valve gets a character in Smash, Chel is the winner there. Sakurai would immediately gravitate to how her unique her moveset would be with Portals
I would prefer Chell over Gordon, but Heavy is my pick. (A little bias of course) But I think an Orange Box character would be such an outstanding choice. I kind of want it to happen!

Of course, anything that helps Geno get in is a must. (DoomGuy with Cacodemon hat)

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Well I think he's still saying no Doomguy and Geno and Sabi says his personal list is still in effect so if you're following the leakers then it's probably not going to be a Cacomallow
I really don't know what to believe in so I will hope for the best and expect the worst. As in, hope for a character I like and expect one I don't like or care for.
Edit: Unless an actual substantial leak occurs similar to Terry or Castlevania.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I have a prediction. Neither verge nor sabi are going to offer anything substantial in the way of confirmation even if we DO somehow guess what character it is. Unless Nintendo does a big oopsie and leaks it themselves

D

Deleted member

Hmm I have no idea who it could be honestly? But guess we'll find out soon enough.

Should be interesting.

D

Deleted member

If him jumping for joy after possessing the doll before proceeding to smash his head into a wall isn't dorky, then I don't know what is. :p
I'm sure it was picked up on with the double negative and all but there was quite the level of irony in my post. Despite the tough guy appearance and big boy stats, Geno is kind of a one track mind, and also a little dramatic in his presentation, in the English version at least. I know that he uses "boku" in the Japanese version, a very polite way of referring to oneself, but it can also signify a girl being tomboyish (as boku is a male expression) or being abnormally placating and subservient. In some cases it can be considered childish to keep using boku past a certain age.

Going back to his dramatic presentation, his emphatic poses are almost Power Rangers tier, like he really believes that the more flair you give to your moves and your words, the more effective they are. In a way, it's like the spirit in the action figure picked up on the "soul" of the figure itself.

I'm a sucker for heroes like that - over the top, strike a pose, say something cool. Act mysterious. Definitely the most radical guys in any video game, anime, or book... And they are without a doubt lame.

Oh boy here we go

There was a problem fetching the tweet
You know, I've been gun shy about this since getting called on calling a bluff back in the Grinch days but this time, I'm older, wiser, and have less to lose.

Neither of these two know jack ****.

P47

Smash Apprentice
You know, this gets me to thinking about something that comes across my mind every now and again - how the heck is it that zoomers even end up wanting Geno? He's really in a more extreme boat than Mega Man, like, Mega Man at least had some games that had been released not too long before his inclusion in Smash, and even then, I was fully aware that there were kids who had no idea who he was - there legitimately might be children who think he's just a Smash Bros character. I'm not discounting the idea that kids aren't able to go back and play an old game, but it seems like it'd take a lot of outside influence to get them to.

Maybe I'm just jaded and hopeless regarding the taste of kids born after 1995, much less those born after 2001.
For me, it was a combination of YouTube, Newgrounds, and GameFaqs (but mostly the former). I used to watch entire playthroughs of games I didn't own. SMRPG was one of those games and Geno immediately stood out to me because of his design and how cool his specials were. Also, back then, I was completely enthralled with Brawl. I consumed Smash content daily: visiting fan sites and forums, reading every nook and cranny of the Dojo, watching vids of all the Final Smashes, playing fan games (it's pretty nutty how Smash Flash 2 is still being updated), watching vids of the Subspace Emissary (my username on a lot of other sites is even Primid47 cuz I loved those little baddies), and watching machinimas/parodies. When I found out that Ridley (my favorite character in Super Metroid, which I played on VC and still consider to be one of my favorite games ever) and Geno were two characters that people really wanted in Smash of course I was on board. Funnily enough though I've never actually played SSBB. I asked for it every Christmas and visited friends/went to parties of people that had it but the opportunity never came up. I even got a used copy at GameStop but it didn't work (I swear I'm cursed to never play Brawl lmao).

In a weird way though, the only reason I lurk here, believing in Geno again for the first time in like 10 years, is because Ridley made it in. My obsession with Smash cooled off (even though I still played the hell out of 4) and I wasn't really a part of the community anymore up until one study hall, when I got some notifications on my phone. I let out an audible reaction after I found out that Ridley was going to be playable (but not too loud since it was in public) and just like that, I was obsessed again. I eventually found my way here (since newcomer speculation isn't really a thing on reddit and gamefaqs is uhhh) and the rest is history.

EDIT: Also finally got around to playing and beating SMRPG a bunch of months ago via emulator. His specials are still the coolest.

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
I'll try to make a list compiling who it could be if Sabi is right about this, and if Verge's new list stands, and as long as I'm understanding it right. I'll combine both of their deconfirms into one big list.

Sega (not Arle or Sakura)
Konami
Arc System (not Sol Badguy or Ragna)
Spike Chunsoft (not Monokuma)
Marvelous
Epic Games
Zun (not Reimu)
Bethesda (not Doomguy)
Koei Tecmo (not Ryu Hayabusa)
Activision (not Crash)
Blizzard (not Tracer)
Microsoft
Square Enix (not Geno or Sora)
Nintendo
Spirit/assist promotion

Bandai Namco
Level 5
Ubisoft
Falcom
Nippon Ichi
Gordon Freeman
Scorpion
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Amaterasu
Monster Hunter
Kratos
Geralt
Sam from Death Stranding
Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon
Kat from Gravity Rush
All the nots in parentheses in the could be company list

If I missed any, please feel free to let me know

EDIT: Didn't realize there were later deconfirms, will fix that now

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Ok by looking at what Verge said after his massive blunder list and crossreferencing his new stuff then the only companies who are still there or have notable names left: Konami, Marvelous, Microsoft, Epic, and Nintendo. I think one of those 5 houses our next character.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'll try to make a list compiling who it could be if Sabi is right about this, and if Verge's new list stands, and as long as I'm understanding it right. I'll combine both of their deconfirms into one big list.

Konami
Arc System
Spike Chunsoft
Marvelous
Epic Games
Zun (not Reimu)
Bethesda (not Doomguy)
Activision (not Crash)
Blizzard (not Tracer)
Microsoft
Nintendo
Spirit/assist promotion

Bandai Namco
Level 5
Ubisoft
Falcom
Nippon Ichi
Gordon Freeman
Scorpion
Dante
Kat from Gravity Rush

I'm not seeing Capcom on either of those lists. I know Dante's already deconfirmed, but what about Phoenix Wright and Amaterasu?

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So if these two are to be believed the possibilities are strictly limited to

A Sega character that isn't arle or sakura

A konami character

An arksys character that isn't sol,Ranga, or bimmy and Jimmy

Spike sunsoft character that isn't monokuma

A marvelous games character

An epic games character

A Bethesda character that isn't doomguy

A koei techmo character that isn't ryu

A Activision character that isn't crash

A blizzard character that isn't tracer

A Microsoft character

A square remix character that isn't geno or sora

A Nintendo character

An assist trophy

A spirit

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Man I am just spinning left and right on this speculation. At this point I am okay with Kos Mos if she is next but now that Sabi has spoken up, I guess its a lot more candidates than originally thought. I think I will just accept whoever's #5 and just wait for post pass cause that is probably Geno's Best Chance!

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm still of the opinion that Bandai Namco and Level 5 are the most likely candidates for Fighter 5, regardless of recent drama

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So if these two are to be believed the possibilities are strictly limited to

A Sega character that isn't arle

A konami character that isn't sakura

An arksys character that isn't sol,Ranga, or bimmy and Jimmy

Spike sunsoft character that isn't monokuma

An epic games character

A Bethesda character that isn't doomguy

A koei techmo character that isn't ryu

A Activision character that isn't crash

A blizzard character that isn't tracer

A Microsoft character

A square remix character that isn't geno or sora

A Nintendo character

An assist trophy

A spirit
You thought FP5 would be a third party? Too bad, Waluigi time.

Droodle

Smash Lord

Konami
Arc System (not Sol Badguy or Ragna)
Spike Chunsoft (not Monokuma)
Marvelous
Epic Games
Zun (not Reimu)
Bethesda (not Doomguy)
Activision (not Crash)
Blizzard (not Tracer)
Microsoft
Nintendo
Spirit/assist promotion

Bandai Namco
Level 5
Ubisoft
Falcom
Nippon Ichi
Gordon Freeman
Scorpion
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Amaterasu
Monster Hunter
Kratos
Geralt
Sam from Death Stranding
Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon
Kat from Gravity Rush

EDIT: Didn't realize there were later deconfirms, will fix that now
Why can't it be Bandai Namco? Sabi didn't disconfirm them, only Vergeben did, all Sabi stated was "he's probably right but idk" when Verge did disconfirm them.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
But imagine the possibilities with the Gravity Gun! And an HEV Suit mechanic that can absorb damage in exchange for charge!

...Okay fine, I am a little biased. Really any Valve rep would be awesome! Chell and Heavy would have great movesets.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Ending on a Spirit/Assist upgrade would be one hell of a way to do it. I don’t know how late in the process they started thinking about DLC but it’s certainly possible they could’ve had second thoughts on a character that was already in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom