• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
So.. the follow-up leak is most likely dead but character 5 is still looking to be KOS-MOS right now?

T2by4

Smash Lord
So.. the follow-up leak is most likely dead but character 5 is still looking to be KOS-MOS right now?
At least according to the first post from anon. The second one appears to be someone piggybacking. So Kos Mos, but not reimu and hayabusa followup.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Also, what even is the point of this guessing game. Like if you stumble across the right name the source will finally spill their info. If that's the case, they might as well just tell and get it over with. If they're gonna make you jump through hoops to get the info, I have to question whether or not they'd even be willing to give you correct info even if someone DOES guess correctly.

Ok people so mydude on star road posted this image. It seems the 4 Chan cat leak with kosmos is fake. Not sure about the game award one but the leak with kosmos, ryu, and remiu is most likely fake.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/471823527645937675/653626032947068929/image0.jpg

*gasp* the 4chan text leak was fake?

Last edited:

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice

Attachments

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I wonder if we're gonna get an update on Shantae and the Seven Sirens during this Indie World presentation?

But yeah... here's a thought that I probably shouldn't bring up but I'm gonna anyway because I'm a big mouth billy bass...

What if we get TWO characters revealed next? Like... just to remind everyone that "The Fighter Pass is not the end. We may have revealed the final Fighter Pass character, but we still have more on the way. Here's a look at what's coming next" and then reveal the next character. Like... first reveal... I dunno... Doomguy, then LATER be like "But wait, there's more" and reveal Geno or someone just to remind the audience that it ain't over yet.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
My year now, sorry AdamBel731 AdamBel731 , but it looks like I'm the zoomiest of the zoomers here. It's honestly crazy to think about how some people here have been publicly pushing for Geno for longer than than I've been alive- mad respect to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and all of the other boomers who have kept the dream going for almost two decades now.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Ok people so mydude on star road posted this image. It seems the 4 Chan cat leak with kosmos is fake. Not sure about the game award one but the leak with kosmos, ryu, and remiu is most likely fake.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/471823527645937675/653626032947068929/image0.jpg
It's been discussed on the Newcomer thread before.

The person who "faked" it can't provide any other evidence, besides this which can be faked too.

So throw it alongside the Cacomallow leak in leaks that are most likely fake but maybe real.

Most of KOS-MOS's popularity now comes from the TGA leak/Vergeben's comments/Jon's comments. Ryu is looking likely either way; so the only character this impacts drastically is Reimu (who still has the music leak).

D

Deleted member

My year now, sorry AdamBel731 AdamBel731 , but it looks like I'm the zoomiest of the zoomers here. It's honestly crazy to think about how some people here have been publicly pushing for Geno for longer than than I've been alive- mad respect to Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and all of the other boomers who have kept the dream going for almost two decades now.
You know, this gets me to thinking about something that comes across my mind every now and again - how the heck is it that zoomers even end up wanting Geno? He's really in a more extreme boat than Mega Man, like, Mega Man at least had some games that had been released not too long before his inclusion in Smash, and even then, I was fully aware that there were kids who had no idea who he was - there legitimately might be children who think he's just a Smash Bros character. I'm not discounting the idea that kids aren't able to go back and play an old game, but it seems like it'd take a lot of outside influence to get them to.

Maybe I'm just jaded and hopeless regarding the taste of kids born after 1995, much less those born after 2001.

Rikarte

Smash Ace

The person who "faked" it can't provide any other evidence, besides this which can be faked too.

So throw it alongside the Cacomallow leak in leaks that are most likely fake but maybe real.

Most of KOS-MOS's popularity now comes from the TGA leak/Vergeben's comments/Jon's comments. Ryu is looking likely either way; so the only character this impacts drastically is Reimu (who still has the music leak).
Even if the supposed author of the second drunk cat leak turns out to be a fraud... this is still an anonymous 4chan text leak.
And no, I don't think this post effects any of the characters' chances at all. Outside of Hero, every Ultimate DLC character has been leaked like 10 days in advance at max. There is no way someone could know the next 3 fighters this far ahead. So if KOS-MOS happens to be next, this was more than likely just a lucky guess.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know, this gets me to thinking about something that comes across my mind every now and again - how the heck is it that zoomers even end up wanting Geno? He's really in a more extreme boat than Mega Man, like, Mega Man at least had some games that had been released not too long before his inclusion in Smash, and even then, I was fully aware that there were kids who had no idea who he was - there legitimately might be children who think he's just a Smash Bros character. I'm not discounting the idea that kids aren't able to go back and play an old game, but it seems like it'd take a lot of outside influence to get them to.

Maybe I'm just jaded and hopeless regarding the taste of kids born after 1995, much less those born after 2001.
It's actually not that farfetched.

>person likes the modern Mario games
>goes to see what other Mario games are out there, old and new
>rev up an emulator and play them (mainly for stuff like SMRPG, a game that's tough to get outside of Wii (U)/SNES Classic)

Considering how easy a slippery slope this is, especially in the day of the modern internet, it's not a stretch to think that a lot of younger people have played SMRPG and found their way to it on their own.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

I’d say Cacomallow leak is much more solid 50/50 shot than a random 4chan text leak which probably has a 5% likelihood

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Short answer: people like me, Papagenos, and Terminalmontage, crusty old farts that still have enthusiasm even decades later. People have told me that it's kind of infectious.

Griselda

Smash Lord
..I think that trying to stuff people into groups based on when they were born and then getting confused when they don't all like/dislike the same things is rather silly. They're still people.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

The internet is to blame. Super Mario RPG still has fan stuff made for it constantly to this day, people use the hell out of its OST (seriously, have you noticed how many youtube channels use SMRPG for background music?) etc. etc. Super Mario RPG also hasn't been hard to access by any means... It's been on every virtual console since virtual console existed, and the snes classic. It's only a matter of time until it's part of SNES online.

D

Deleted member

..I think that trying to stuff people into groups based on when they were born and then getting confused when they don't all like/dislike the same things is rather silly. They're still people.
Yeah, I’m basically a 18 years old boy but I have quite way more experience with stuff released before the 2000s due to reruns on TV and curiosity for old stuff.

The Real Ghostbusters, the 90s Spider-Man and Marvel shows, The Mask, the Tim Burton Batman movies, the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, Flash Gordon, Transformers G1... the list goes on.

I was checking out all of those things alongside the modern stuff that came out back then such as the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies or stuff involving the NDS.

Rikarte

Smash Ace

I came accross the Rawest Forest music video when I was 11 and my mind was completely blown away after seeing this blue wizard dude guy having a rap battle with a freaking big sword. Geno's design just resonated a lot with me and I assume it's the same for kids these days. He's the type of character you don't need to know much of in order to find him cool/want him in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Stereotypes exist for a reason, and I think it's totally fair to be surprised when people break them, rather than assume that individuality fights "the flow" and wins all the time. People are inclined to exist within their group, and that's part of being "people", too.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Is it just me or there's something wrong about uploading pictures?
Every day, it feels like.

I came accross the Rawest Forest music video when I was 11 and my mind was completely blown away after seeing this blue wizard dude guy having a rap battle with a freaking big sword. Geno's design just resonated a lot with me and I assume it's the same for kids these days. He's the type of character you don't need to know much of in order to find him cool/want him in Smash.
This is one of the things that I think Geno has going in his favor, and I've mentioned it before - Geno is literally designed to be cool and appealing. It boggles the mind to think people look at him and aren't open to him being a Smash character based on appearance alone.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah the internet/emulation has done wonders for just about any kid who doesn't have their head buried in the latest trend. Rawest forest in particular might just have had the single biggest influence of them all given its a bonafied internet classic. That's technically speaking the first exposure i had to smrpg back in the day and I'm sure to many other people as well that didn't grow up with the game itself.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Can you image if rex/pyra was in Kos Mos final smash and thats it? Just IMAGINE the absolute STATE of the xenoblade fandom.
The Xenoblade fans already know that Rex & Pyra ain't coming because of the Mii Costumes, so what would make them appearing in Kos-Mos final smash any different from what happen last year?

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Guess I had a correct assumption but it's just for Indie World.
Ninja'd
This makes me worried that there really won't be a Smash reveal at the Game Awards; since aren't Nindies like a week before general Directs? I mean sure, if that's the case it's not like we'd have to wait that much longer but still

Nicnac

Smash Ace

Quite a lot got me into knowing of Geno, but the Grinch Leak really got me knee-deep in here.

When much younger I was a fan of Brawl Taunts and through that found Rawest Forest, which got me interested in the cool design.

Little older now, but before Smash 4 I was looking at high requests for Brawl to see if any would make it in(Always wanted Mega Man, huge fan of the series, and used to really want Lloyd), and I recognized Geno's design from somewhere, though his base was kinda dormant at the time. Recognition furthered when he got the costume (with a unique splash screen). In Ultimate I knew who he was going in and grew to really appreciate him. He was, after Ridley (score!) and K. Rool (Double Score!) my most wanted. Then the Grinch Leak happened and I felt that it was super unfair on mainly Isaac and Geno (although it did get my Banjo gears turning), and I wound up here, where people like Ovaltine Ovaltine and Fatmanonice Fatmanonice really showed me how much people cared about the dude, and from then on it's been a growing hype wave for Geno. I love him for all the reasons most of you guys love him (design, game, move potential), but if I'm honest the number one reason why I want Geno in Smash is because you guys would be over the moon for him. Decades of work paid off.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
That's the thing with the Geno man; he's got the cool points.

When you really get down to it, he doesn't really do a TON; he's a doll, he knocks out Mario (hopefully prompting some discussion about an unsafe toy that can knock a full grown man unconscious, much less put an eye out), then he comes to life, goes to fight Bowyer who goes NYAH a bunch and screws with the controls, drops some exposition about the titular seven stars and how it's his mission to beat Smithy.... and then that's pretty much it. He's just "the cool guy" from that point on. He doesn't discover much about himself like Mallow does, THAT boy goes through a WHOLE journey of self-discovery. Geno just is. He's cool.

And that's why people love him as much as they do; he's the cool dude. He's an unsafe toy who comes to life and is cool.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

You'd be surprised by the amount of zoomers who have interest in boomer stuff. I like to joke that I'm a hybrid of the two, but I'm not unique in that regard, as many other folks the same age or even younger got to be exposed to older games by emulators, YouTubers and other influencers or even by their original hardware at a young age like me.

At the end of the day, I have to agree with Griselda Griselda that it's at least a little silly to categorize and stereotype people into generational groups like that, but I think it's fair to say "those darn kids these days" have more access to media made before their birth more than than ever before thanks to the internet.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?! A 4chan leak was fake!? Wow... that's... I think I have to sit down for this. My mind was already blown when I found out water was wet and fire is hot. I don't think I can take any more twist like this.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?! A 4chan leak was fake!? Wow... that's... I think I have to sit down for this. My mind was already blown when I found out water was wet and fire is hot. I don't think I can take any more twist like this.
Crazy, innit? Do you think you're ready to hear about how air is breathable yet, or do you want a few minutes?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I'm not the zoomiest?!

...dang, color me surprised. Looks like I myself am a fossil...

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Aaag, 2004. The year I made basically all of my college friends because of Smash Bros Melee.

Antho

Smash Apprentice
This makes me worried that there really won't be a Smash reveal at the Game Awards; since aren't Nindies like a week before general Directs? I mean sure, if that's the case it's not like we'd have to wait that much longer but still
We haven’t had a regular direct in the latter half of the month since 2015, I think a direct would have to be this week. That and it’s not like Nintendo to really announce anything near winter holidays. So it would have to be January the earliest.

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Well if this kos mos thing aint real, then we truly are in the dark. If that's the case, im gonna stick with my gut and say there will be a double reveal to end the pass and one for the new dlc lineup with geno being the frontrunner. KosMos just can't be VGA worthy. I refuse to believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom