• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
There are times I wonder if Pikmin 4 fell into the Miyamoto zone of the company not being able to figure out a way to offer anything new with it and thus, like F-Zero, its fallen into hibernation until that can be solved.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
There are times I wonder if Pikmin 4 fell into the Miyamoto zone of the company not being able to figure out a way to offer anything new with it and thus, like F-Zero, its fallen into hibernation until that can be solved.
The fact that Miyamoto straight up said that Pikmin 4 was far along seems to dispute that unless it was extremely reliant on the Gamepad or something. Star Fox Zero serves as proof that A. Bringing back a series just to slap a questionable gimmick on it probably isn't a good idea and B. that Miyamoto will push said gimmick regardless of how good/intuitive it actually is, so I highly doubt Pikmin 4 was cancelled because of that.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
F-Zero doesn't even need to figure something new out, I just want another F-Zero game to throw my money at. Might not be the most popular franchise but F-Zero is still a big name.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
sabicord23322332.PNG

Since it's still Mario related, i'm curious as to what this was about

(I believe Eric is a friend of Fatmanonice, but i'm not sure)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not to push the envelope and my luck too much, but... do you know... why? I mean I suppose we could figure that out since Miyamoto said it was almost done in 2015. The question is WHY. Why not show a teaser like they did for Prime 4? Especially if the game was almost done according to Miyamoto.

Again, if you can't say much/don't know much, that's fine. But it isn't a secret project that hasn't been confirmed, just a project that has no details on it. I'm just wishing we knew more...
I don't know but it's probably a Miyamoto thing. The guy is notorious for scrapping entire projects if he decides he doesn't like them and, given the games were inspired by his backyard/garden, Pikmin is very personal to him.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
View attachment 249301
Since it's still Mario related, i'm curious as to what this was about

(I believe Eric is a friend of Fatmanonice, but i'm not sure)
How is Odyssey 2 NOT on the table? That actually makes 0 sense to me. Odyssey is the best selling 3D Mario game, Nintendo literally said how they were going to keep doing DLC for games since it was so profitable and... no Odyssey DLC. Why would that happen?

Hmmm, probably because Odyssey did have DLC originally, but like Super Mario Galaxy 2, the ideas got to numerous and they decided to make a sequel.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given that Nintendo still has a potential 3D World Port they can put out in 2020 or the year after, I'm not entirely surprised they're not in a rush to immediately have an Odyssey sequel, even if they're two very different style Mario games.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Ultimate's birthday will have a tweet thanking all the fans and reminding them to check out the VGAs.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
How is Odyssey 2 NOT on the table? That actually makes 0 sense to me. Odyssey is the best selling 3D Mario game, Nintendo literally said how they were going to keep doing DLC for games since it was so profitable and... no Odyssey DLC. Why would that happen?

Hmmm, probably because Odyssey did have DLC originally, but like Super Mario Galaxy 2, the ideas got to numerous and they decided to make a sequel.
Trust me dude, I was surprised when he said that too, the whole Sabi squad was.

It kind of makes me feel bad because I really felt like Odyssey 2 was a safe bet and there was so much more potential for the Odyssey engine.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Trust me dude, I was surprised when he said that too, the whole Sabi squad was.

It kind of makes me feel bad because I really felt like Odyssey 2 was a safe bet and there was so much more potential for the Odyssey engine.
I feel like it's less of a "we don't want to do/don't have ideas" for an Odyssey 2 and more of a "we have other games we'd like to do instead right now" kind of thing.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
*somewhere in the distance, Arlo lets out an agonized yell and he knows not why*
I love Arlo. He's my favorite Nintendo YouTuber (or really YouTuber in general) hands down. He is the perfect blend of comedic, analytical, critical, fair, and just all around a great guy by the looks of it.

Given that Nintendo still has a potential 3D World Port they can put out in 2020 or the year after, I'm not entirely surprised they're not in a rush to immediately have an Odyssey sequel, even if they're two very different style Mario games.
Or... what if it is...

SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3 BABBYYYYY

(I don't think that is actually happening. But with the Galaxy games being my favorite video games of all time, that would genuinely make me cry with happiness. And that's saying something since I honest to God never cry unless I laugh really hard. The last time I cried other than laughing was almost two years ago lol. ...but, I will say, there WAS that interview with Miyamoto saying Galaxy 3 was something that COULD happen someday.)

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'd agree but i dont think this is much of an argument anymore after Mario Maker 2 and NSMBU DX released like just a few months apart. Although, I heard MM2 hasn't been doing as well (as a 2D Mario game on the Switch should) so maybe that was problematic but I doubt they would've just cancelled all of their post-Odyssey plans based on that.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I like how I just casually brought up Pikmin 4 as a joke and it's now being seriously discussed in the thread, lol. It's a little sad yet predictable to know it's still stuck in development hell after all these years, but I'm still betting we'll be seeing it sooner or later, or more accurately, later or later than later. Pikmin 3 took 9 ****ing years to hit store shelves after all, so 4 can't be much longer away... I hope

I also hope there's a Pikmin 3 port on the works too. Yadda yadda, Wii U game sold bad, yadda yadda, not as many people played it, yadda yadda, the Switch would be a perfect home for it, it speaks for itself, really. Personally, the only Pikmin game I've played was 2 on the Wii. I absolutely loved it and now I'm on a pinch to play the others as well. 1 should be easy to get, but 3 still being Wii U exclusive when mine is broken and too expensive to fix isn't exactly an ideal situation for me. So basically what I'm saying is, PLEEEASE PUT PIKMIN 3 ON THE SWITCH WHILE WE WAIT, NINTENDO!!11!1:ultpacman:

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Hopefully Nintendo has a bigger presence at the VGAs this year. Last year felt like 99% not Nintendo, 1% Joker reveal.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Okay, so as far as it seems this speculation shouldn't break and unknown accords. I'm working on other things right now but I will try to post by Wednesday as I work the next two days and both Mon & Tues are taken up after work.

Should be spicy, and it focuses on things that happened in July.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hopefully Nintendo has a bigger presence at the VGAs this year. Last year felt like 99% not Nintendo, 1% Joker reveal.
And yet it's the host's most memorable moment of the VGAs. It's that Nintendo magic, babeeeey~!

I wonder if fatman has heard any info about.... the infamous third mother.
Wait...I know I have my biological mother and my stepmother, but I have a third mother as well?

This is getting out of hand!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
F-Zero doesn't even need to figure something new out, I just want another F-Zero game to throw my money at. Might not be the most popular franchise but F-Zero is still a big name.
Keep in mind this comes from a stance of indifference towards F Zero because I don't like many racing games, but a friend of mine said it would be cool if FZero had like an open world game where you could drive around different locations, compete in races, and complete bounties and stuff kind of like GTA style and that sounded absolutely amazing to me and I don't even like either game.

D

Deleted member

Hard to say if I had to take a guess I doubt it. They'll be there hopefully Smash wins best fighting game of course it or Luigi's Mansion 3 could win best family game we'll get a The fighter pass #5 character and of course maybe another surprise. But aside from that I'm not sure how big of a prescience they'll have.

Also Super Mario Odyssey is my favourite game ever if it's not getting a sequel that's a bummer but oh we'll. that's fine.

Also I think Pheonix Wright's chances are still very good. But he could get disconfirmed anything is possible at this point. But he still has a good chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I see a lot of confidence about Sora, buuuut... if we're taking insider disconfirmations as gospel right now (which I'm taking into account with room for skepticism), he's definitely not FP5 either. Remember that he was on the Square Seven list that got people fired, listed only to be noted that he is 'definitely not in'. That sounds all-encompassing, meaning Sora isn't in the Fighter's Pass.

That aside, I do think he has a chance to be FP5, but it's as low as the other disconfirmed characters. Post-pass? Sora's got a damn nice shot.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I see a lot of confidence about Sora, buuuut... if we're taking insider disconfirmations as gospel right now (which I'm taking into account with room for skepticism), he's definitely not FP5 either. Remember that he was on the Square Seven list that got people fired, listed only to be noted that he is 'definitely not in'. That sounds all-encompassing, meaning Sora isn't in the Fighter's Pass.

That aside, I do think he has a chance to be FP5, but it's as low as the other disconfirmed characters. Post-pass? Sora's got a damn nice shot.
Sora's probably coming later and I will bet one half of my ass that they'll try to bring the PS3/PS4 ports of the other games aside from 3. Something tells me that if the wrangle Sora, they're going to hard core milk that cow with Switch ports. That said, it'll probably take a long time to negotiate and be, like, a VGA 2020 announcement at the earliest.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Sora has a good chance at some point post pass. And if the Disney stuff is an issue, Square has an out by just using the KH characters like Riku, Kairi or Axel, either as spirits or part of Sora's final Smash.

And, if Square thinks 2.8 songs are enough music representation for KH, they can go to hell. Professionally speaking.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
When are they gonna revive F-zero as a GTA-styled racing/bounty hunting game? A free-roam Mute City would be so ****ing sick, and that's really a franchise that deserves to show its face again.

As for Pikmin... Pikmin 3 was great, but I found myself less interested in the newer ideas. I thought rock pikmin were lame, basically a revised Purple. I'd be happier to see the original five come back again.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
When are they gonna revive F-zero as a GTA-styled racing/bounty hunting game? A free-roam Mute City would be so ****ing sick, and that's really a franchise that deserves to show its face again.

As for Pikmin... Pikmin 3 was great, but I found myself less interested in the newer ideas. I thought rock pikmin were lame, basically a revised Purple. I'd be happier to see the original five come back again.
I was just saying I had a friend who said it'd be cool for F Zero to have a game like that and I agree despite not really liking F Zero or GTA myself sorry for any confusion if people thought that was actually happening.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I've always thought Sora was a great final character along with Waluigi. Those two would make the biggest splash.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So catching up on the thread, no Super Mario Odyssey 2 seems... insane to me. SMO is the best selling 3D Mario EVER and even the Zelda team, famous for taking no less than five years to make new games usually, decided “hey let’s make a sequel to the best selling game we’ve ever made”, so I can’t imagine why the Mario team wouldn’t follow suit unless they’re somehow gonna fit another all-new 3D Mario into the Switch’s lifetime

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was just saying I had a friend who said it'd be cool for F Zero to have a game like that and I agree despite not really liking F Zero or GTA myself sorry for any confusion if people thought that was actually happening.
You just gave me a thought: a F-Zero GTA game with GTA gameplay and F-Zero cars in a futuristic setting would be funny. Not quite what you said, but still, I had to say this.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So catching up on the thread, no Super Mario Odyssey 2 seems... insane to me. SMO is the best selling 3D Mario EVER and even the Zelda team, famous for taking no less than five years to make new games usually, decided “hey let’s make a sequel to the best selling game we’ve ever made”, so I can’t imagine why the Mario team wouldn’t follow suit unless they’re somehow gonna fit another all-new 3D Mario into the Switch’s lifetime
I agree with you completely.

But frankly I'm also insulted you haven't thought of...

SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3 BABBBYYYYYY!!!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I agree with you completely.

But frankly I'm also insulted you haven't thought of...

SUPER MARIO GALAXY 3 BABBBYYYYYY!!!
Don’t put that idea in my head, once I start hoping for something that’ll never happen I won’t be able to stop, just like that Platinum Games Captain Falcon action game I keep dreaming of.

Also, on an unrelated note, GUYS MY LETTER GOT INTO NINTENDO FORCE! I don’t know if anyone here reads it, but I got into the letter page of the Luigi’s Mansion 3 issue! (My issue ironically was super late) So if anyone here reads it, I wrote the second letter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom