• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Like this? The preview isn't working, so I dunno if this will either.
Well, sometimes the image system here doesn't work. You might want to report that to the staff like others have.

But you have the right idea here.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
OHHHHHHHH the textures is the reason why the hat leak could be real. So after watching the new papa genos video it turns out the hats themselfs are not that hard to mod but the actual textures that are on the same level as the leak is. For example the guy who got the smash 4 mallow mii working in game actully said he had to lower the textures a lot in order for it to work. He said if he did not the game would have crash due to going over the game size. Not saying this 100 percent confirms the leak heck im still a little neutral about it myself, but it is nice to talk about something that could point to it being real.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
OHHHHHHHH the textures is the reason why the hat leak could be real. So after watching the new papa genos video it turns out the hats themselfs are not that hard to mod but the actual textures that are on the same level as the leak is. For example the guy who got the smash 4 mallow mii working in game actully said he had to lower the textures a lot in order for it to work. He said if he did not the game would have crash due to going over the game size. Not saying this 100 percent confirms the leak heck im still a little neutral about it myself, but it is nice to talk about something that could point to it being real.
Funny how fickle the Speculation community is. So many people have dropped the Mii Hat leak as another instance of falsehood despite the fact that it still holds at least a spark of potential. Still can't be outright debunked. We're so hungry for new things to throw energy at that any number of accurate leaks/statements could be lingering on the path of cynicism we've left behind.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
https://youtu.be/FrVPl1B_HUo

New PapaGenos video!
(Funnily enough, I was just wondering when he would post again...)
Thanks for sharing. Really just summarizes how up in the air speculation is at the moment outside of a potential Bandai character. I’m thinking it will probably be a Tales character (hoping for Velvet but expecting Lloyd) but it leaves you wondering how the post pass is going to look like with all these potential names going around: Ryu, Crash, Doomslayer, Reimu, and Geno. Pretty much a full pass right there if the leaks/insider info ends up being legit.

Also, nice seeing you in the video Graizen Graizen and a cool idea with the potential duo being Agumon/Gabumon (that would be hype IMO)!

OffBi

Smash Ace
Funny how fickle the Speculation community is. So many people have dropped the Mii Hat leak as another instance of falsehood despite the fact that it still holds at least a spark of potential. Still can't be outright debunked. We're so hungry for new things to throw energy at that any number of accurate leaks/statements could be lingering on the path of cynicism we've left behind.
This.
i just want my Geno and doomguy memes

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
You could definitely mod everything in, including the camera angle stuff and the timer. It would just be a lot of work just for a fake leak. A lot more than the Grinch Leak was. BUT yeah, since it could still be done it's not definitive. A person could take like a couple weeks and make both hats and get the camera thing setup and all that. Would someone who has enough knowledge to do all that... do all that? Maybe. So yeah.

I for one look forward to months and months more speculation. First is the Game Awards, which will probably show 1 character. Then the FP5 character exhibition which will probably show more Mii costumes. The "past the 5th fighter" details could get shown at the TGAs possibly, but probably that won't be till the FP5 video (It could be a double-reveale like at E3. Maybe to encourage everyone to buy a fighter pass 2). Which won't be till January or February. Or maybe even later. Maybe it'll be like Joker and we'll get a reveal and then they won't be released till like late April.

My recommendation is to do something else for a bit. (I'm half talking to myself here)

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
The thing I’ve been thinking about the Mii leak is... is it possible they just make the Mii costumes way, way in advance of character releases, and that Doomslayer and Geno are actually characters 6 and 7? It might be possible if these Mii costumes were started as soon as the DLC negotiations for Season 2 were completed. A major stretch, I know, but since Sabi’s source only suggested to them that neither Geno nor Doomslayer isn’t character #5, maybe it’s possible for Sabi’s information to be true and for this leak to still be legitimate. If it’s fake, I’m very curious as to the amount of detail the person involved in making it put into attempting to make it look like a dev build, (such as the frozen timer, odd camera angle, and all characters taunting on the same frame).

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The thing I’ve been thinking about the Mii leak is... is it possible they just make the Mii costumes way, way in advance of character releases, and that Doomslayer and Geno are actually characters 6 and 7? It might be possible if these Mii costumes were started as soon as the DLC negotiations for Season 2 were completed. A major stretch, I know, but since Sabi’s source only suggested to them that neither Geno nor Doomslayer isn’t character #5, maybe it’s possible for Sabi’s information to be true and for this leak to still be legitimate. If it’s fake, I’m very curious as to the amount of detail the person involved in making it put into attempting to make it look like a dev build, (such as the frozen timer, odd camera angle, and all characters taunting on the same frame).
Not necessarily a stretch. Since Mii Costumes are only aesthetic additions to the game all that has to be done is modeling and rendering, right? I wouldn't be surprised if their was a small team dedicated to creating the Mii Costumes whilst continuous fighter development goes on elsewhere. Regardless of when they were made, its certainly plausible to think that they would get done in a much smaller time frame, hence being ready and demanding of play-testing earlier than characters themselves.

Griselda

Smash Lord
To be honest, this whole thing is just weird. If it is fake, then so be it, but all of the 'insiders' have the strangest reasoning for believing that it is fake.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
..When Geno says his actual name and nobody can pronounce it, what do you think it sounds like? Like tinkling bells, or reversed demon screeching?
I believe the way TerminalMontage TerminalMontage spells Geno’s real name is true
This sounds Geno does it before using his special attack, I believe Geno screams his name before using his attack in SMRPG which is that how it sounds like after all Geno special attacks are named after him

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since this thread seems to have slowed down, let me pose a question!

If you could pick five veterans to give the Ultimate moveset treatment to, who would it be?

If Mario isn't on everyone's list, I'll be baffled. I would also have Donkey Kong and Sonic as the other top picks. I also would put Luigi higher up too, as nowadays a moveset with his Poltergust would make a lot of sense.

If I had to pick a fifth, that'd be harder as the ones I listed above I think need a more drastic change. Though I would also say that maybe make Wario's more diverse with Wario Land stuff (though that isn't a necessity), and maybe give Samus a more updated toolkit. Maybe you could also give Link a more Breath of the Wild inspired moveset, and maybe you could make a moveset for Yoshi more based off of Yoshi's Island?

...oh and Ganondorf too of course. Though I actually think he works pretty well in Ultimate (though not ideal).

Edit: Veterans as in characters not new to Ultimate. Though I guess if you really hated a newcomer's moveset you could change it.
Wario needs more Wario Land in both his moveset and representation in Smash overall. I love the way PM did it, so I'd give him something similar to that.

I'd also put Sonic here because he needs that axe kick from Sonic Battle as his F-air, again like PM.

And my other 3 picks are Luigi with the Poltergust, Dr. Mario being overhauled to not being just a slow Mario, and I guess give Kirby some more modern representation in his moveset.

Idk, I was having trouble picking 4 other characters because Wario's is really the only one I would actually change.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Even though I'm heavily leaning towards Team Fake after seeing that the Mii hats can be replicated, I'm still cautiously optimistic that Geno will be among the first characters introduced after the Fighter's Pass.

I just have that feelin' in my gut, y'know?

Griselda

Smash Lord
This hurts, this honestly hurts. There's so much that DOES make the leak credible, but at the same time.. I know it has a high chance of it being fake. That feeling of "if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't"
It's not like I want this leak to be fake, but I don't want to look like a laughing-stock if it does turn out that way.

I have a love/hate relationship with insiders. I hate how smug they can be sometimes, just because they know something we don't. I hate being in the dark on things, I'm a very nosy person and I'd like to know every bit of detail I can about a situation. But after last year, I know they're right most if not all the time.

That's why I'm adamant on remaining neutral. I'm sorry for beating the bush over and over, but what else can I do?

If it's fake, it's fine, we can move on.
If it's real, I'm freaking out.
I don't really see the point in fearing being wrong about a Smash leak, honestly. I'm personally still team neutral, but if I say out right, "The leak is 100%" real, and it turns out to be fake, then I'd just be wrong, and that'd be it. Similarly, if I say it's real and it is real, it's not like I'm gonna be rubbing it in everyone's faces that I just happened to pick the right choice. And if someone does laugh at a person who believed a fake leak, well, that's just them being a jerk about it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If fake, that would be two difficult to make, time consuming, very tedious fake leaks that both involve Geno. Funny, all that work for a 'forgotten, obscure, dead character that no one thinks about.' So either Geno is a nobody with zero support and long forgotten or Geno has a large fanbase and is well-known in Smash circles to warrant wasting significant time doing elaborate hoaxes to trick people. Detractors need to pick one.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
If that first list we got from July is still legitimate, that means Geno’s costumes have been in the works/planning for about half a year (longer by the time he comes out). If Doomguy comes right after him then it makes sense timeline-wise

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm leaning to believe that the Mii costume leak is real and we are not officially going to see it until we see the announcement of the first post Season Pass character.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
It'll be funny if that turns out to be the clincher. I'm still not set on real or fake, so I'm just gonna watch and see how things develop

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Have we ever had a fake leak with gameplay? Like, gameplay as clear as what we got with the Mii Hats?

Also just a side question, the Mii Fighter with the Mallow hat appears to be wearing the Toad costume but the vest is red. Can you change the vest color?

EDIT: I have confirmed via SmashWiki that you can change the vest color

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Have we ever had a fake leak with gameplay? Like, gameplay as clear as what we got with the Mii Hats?

Also just a side question, the Mii Fighter with the Mallow hat appears to be wearing the Toad costume but the vest is red. Can you change the vest color?
I'm not entirely sure on this, but I think the red vest is what happens when the mii is set to female?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I'm not entirely sure on this, but I think the red vest is what happens when the mii is set to female?
That’s what I thought at first too, and you’re right but the female costume also has a white undershirt that we don’t see in the clip. I think.

Griselda

Smash Lord
That’s what I thought at first too, and you’re right but the female costume also has a white undershirt that we don’t see in the clip. I think.
Can you pull up the leak clip, again? If it's a red vest without the undershirt.. I'm actually not sure which direction it points things, honestly. Sure, both the development team as well as modders would presumably have the ability to change the color of a costume, but.. what reason would either of them have to do so? Other than because they just like red or something?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

EDIT: I have confirmed via SmashWiki that you can change the vest color
I have that question as well about convincing gameplay footage in leaks. I remember the leak that revealed Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt looked pretty terrible and I didn't believe it because of that but look where that led. I know the Rayman leak had convincing video footage but it wasn't gameplay footage. I haven't been around speculation long enough to really know what the consensus is here regarding gameplay footage.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This hurts, this honestly hurts. There's so much that DOES make the leak credible, but at the same time.. I know it has a high chance of it being fake. That feeling of "if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't"
It's not like I want this leak to be fake, but I don't want to look like a laughing-stock if it does turn out that way.

I have a love/hate relationship with insiders. I hate how smug they can be sometimes, just because they know something we don't. I hate being in the dark on things, I'm a very nosy person and I'd like to know every bit of detail I can about a situation. But after last year, I know they're right most if not all the time.

That's why I'm adamant on remaining neutral. I'm sorry for beating the bush over and over, but what else can I do?

If it's fake, it's fine, we can move on.
If it's real, I'm freaking out.
I've shared my opinion on this but given that so many insiders and even people like GameXplain have heavily weighed in on Jiggle Mallow, I feel like that some aspect of the video is true. There's probably something that's true even if the video winds up being a hoax. In my opinion, that's the bigger takeaway. We get bombarded by fakes all the time but one actually made some of the bigger people in Smash speculation weigh in on it. Insiders very rarely weigh in on things if they think it's total bull****.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I have that question as well about convincing gameplay footage in leaks. I remember the leak that revealed Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt looked pretty terrible and I didn't believe it because of that but look where that led. I know the Rayman leak had convincing video footage but it wasn't gameplay footage. I haven't been around speculation long enough to really know what the consensus is here regarding gameplay footage.
It’s actually kinda hilarious how terrible the footage from the ESRB leak was compared to how clean the Rayman hoax looked. But that kinda goes back to my point, I can’t think of a time where in-game footage was faked, although to be fair the ESRB leak was with entirely new characters as opposed to costumes

Tank Man

Smash Rookie
Hmmmm. if this is true, I wonder what happened to Sabi and Verge saying Geno is not the fifth fighter?
Yeah,
I remembered this leak once Banjoe was announced and then Sabi and Vergeben all said differently, this is what also makes this leak strange

Griselda

Smash Lord
I've shared my opinion on this but given that so many insiders and even people like GameXplain have heavily weighed in on Jiggle Mallow, I feel like that some aspect of the video is true. There's probably something that's true even if the video winds up being a hoax. In my opinion, that's the bigger takeaway. We get bombarded by fakes all the time but one actually made some of the bigger people in Smash speculation weigh in on it. Insiders very rarely weigh in on things if they think it's total bull****.
Question: Would you be offended if I called you the divine stableboy? It's a Sun Wukong reference, but is sort of unflattering on its own, I suppose.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
That is a reasonable reason for suspicion, especially given that GameXplain’s coverage is a bit like their Grinch Leak coverage Lite ®️, and we now know exactly why they covered that the way they did. Interestingly, when they discussed the final DLC character they brought up the Mii Hats and while they all are clear Geno supporters, they were incredibly dismissive of the idea of Doomguy being the character. They went as far as to say that he has no noteworthy personality and that no one plays Doom for him, when DOOM 2016 is basically a perfect case study in how to characterize a faceless silent protagonist.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Question: Would you be offended if I called you the divine stableboy? It's a Sun Wukong reference, but is sort of unflattering on its own, I suppose.
I feel like fatman is less a steward to the insiders, and more an entity unto himself. He doesn't exist in their circle, he simply IS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom