• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Honestly, I wouldn't change many peoples move sets much, if at all. Most are grandfathered in and would cause a lot of backlash. Even if Captain Falcon, for example, could have an entire new move set made that is more 'accurate', you alienate loads of people. Even if his move set isn't 'fitting', it has become his quintessential move set for 5 games going now. People love his move set and the way he plays. He's the 'hype train' character and feels good and, often, disrespectful. It's part of his history and charm through the franchise now.

If they were going to do this for lots of characters, they'd better let people know WAY ahead of time. Because all I know is if Falcon got overhauled completely, he wouldn't BE Falcon anymore. Not in the context of Smash Bros, anyway.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Honestly, I wouldn't change many peoples move sets much, if at all. Most are grandfathered in and would cause a lot of backlash. Even if Captain Falcon, for example, could have an entire new move set made that is more 'accurate', you alienate loads of people. Even if his move set isn't 'fitting', it has become his quintessential move set for 5 games going now. People love his move set and the way he plays. He's the 'hype train' character and feels good and, often, disrespectful. It's part of his history and charm through the franchise now.

If they were going to do this for lots of characters, they'd better let people know WAY ahead of time. Because all I know is if Falcon got overhauled completely, he wouldn't BE Falcon anymore. Not in the context of Smash Bros, anyway.
You're only saying that because you're worried Falcon will use his glock if they do that.:ultpacman:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Since this thread seems to have slowed down, let me pose a question!

If you could pick five veterans to give the Ultimate moveset treatment to, who would it be?

If Mario isn't on everyone's list, I'll be baffled. I would also have Donkey Kong and Sonic as the other top picks. I also would put Luigi higher up too, as nowadays a moveset with his Poltergust would make a lot of sense.

If I had to pick a fifth, that'd be harder as the ones I listed above I think need a more drastic change. Though I would also say that maybe make Wario's more diverse with Wario Land stuff (though that isn't a necessity), and maybe give Samus a more updated toolkit. Maybe you could also give Link a more Breath of the Wild inspired moveset, and maybe you could make a moveset for Yoshi more based off of Yoshi's Island?

...oh and Ganondorf too of course. Though I actually think he works pretty well in Ultimate (though not ideal).

Edit: Veterans as in characters not new to Ultimate. Though I guess if you really hated a newcomer's moveset you could change it.
The obvious ones like Ganondorf and Sonic would be nice to be redone, but I would really like to see the all the Link's get overhauled

Adult Link is fun, and the bomb changes do a good job of representing the element of experimentation from BOTW, but man, I would really like to see his kit overhauled completely to match BOTW Link more. I really would've really like to see some his runes play into his moveset more as well as the Champions abilities. And with a new game on the horizon, Link is bound to get some new abilities to his kit. There's just a lot they can do, I wish they leaned into it more

Young Link I wish would've taken more from Majora's Mask. Make him like Pokemon Trainer and have his down B transfer between different mask transformations. That would be extremely fun. If they ever bring back transformation final smashes, use Fierce Dirty for Young Link's

For Toon Link, give him some items from Wind Waker. The Skull Hammer, Korok Leaf, and Grappling Hook. Incorporate that rolling counter attack in some capacity

Each Link can easily be distinct from one another and just be fun to play with. Making them distinct would also better represent Zelda as well

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The obvious ones like Ganondorf and Sonic would be nice to be redone, but I would really like to see the all the Link's get overhauled

Adult Link is fun, and the bomb changes do a good job of representing the element of experimentation from BOTW, but man, I would really like to see his kit overhauled completely to match BOTW Link more. I really would've really like to see some his runes play into his moveset more as well as the Champions abilities. And with a new game on the horizon, Link is bound to get some new abilities to his kit. There's just a lot they can do, I wish they leaned into it more

Young Link I wish would've taken more from Majora's Mask. Make him like Pokemon Trainer and have his down B transfer between different mask transformations. That would be extremely fun. If they ever bring back transformation final smashes, use Fierce Dirty for Young Link's

For Toon Link, give him some items from Wind Waker. The Skull Hammer, Korok Leaf, and Grappling Hook. Incorporate that rolling counter attack in some capacity

Each Link can easily be distinct from one another and just be fun to play with. Making them distinct would also better represent Zelda as well
Yeah, no reason Toon Link doesn't have the Grappling Hook as his tether instead of the hook shot. I wish Young Link had a chance of pulling a Bombchu with Down-B, and that they would scurry off if Z-dropped.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I mostly want to edit fighters who are too similar to others to my liking. (A lot of the FE boys outside of Robin and Corrin) or either toon link or young link. Dark Samus being unecho'd would be nice as well.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Like I said its almost too fine of a line to walk. It would be so cool to have this many fully fleshed out and unique characters. But as someone who mained Young Link in Melee, it was so exciting to see that iteration returning and truly capture the feeling of that fighter from SSBM. (For the most part... RIP Dair Metror). I feel like that was the big thing for Everyone Is Here. You can't play Toon Link or Link and feel like you're playing the Yung Legend, so the so to speak "Clones" in this game are already beautifully designed and separated from their inspiration. Any game that comes out post Ultimate, though, there's your perfect opportunity to change moveset conventions.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Since this thread seems to have slowed down, let me pose a question!

If you could pick five veterans to give the Ultimate moveset treatment to, who would it be?

If Mario isn't on everyone's list, I'll be baffled. I would also have Donkey Kong and Sonic as the other top picks. I also would put Luigi higher up too, as nowadays a moveset with his Poltergust would make a lot of sense.

If I had to pick a fifth, that'd be harder as the ones I listed above I think need a more drastic change. Though I would also say that maybe make Wario's more diverse with Wario Land stuff (though that isn't a necessity), and maybe give Samus a more updated toolkit. Maybe you could also give Link a more Breath of the Wild inspired moveset, and maybe you could make a moveset for Yoshi more based off of Yoshi's Island?

...oh and Ganondorf too of course. Though I actually think he works pretty well in Ultimate (though not ideal).

Edit: Veterans as in characters not new to Ultimate. Though I guess if you really hated a newcomer's moveset you could change it.
Dr. Mario
Young Link
Dark Samus
Ness
Lucas

Dr. Mario should've at least had a final smash that is more based off his actual games. just trapped the fighters in a giant rectangle and throw giant pills on top of them. i know the final smashes in ultimate are suppose to be more quick but that ideas enrages me for this concept to not be done.

i can also say the same to Young Link who not only misses a final smash that's different but a moveset arsenal that should have him turn into a deku, gerudo, or zora.

Dark Samus shouldn't be an echo fighter, doing this spells lazy work because you stripped dark samus away from doing all kinds of different attacks.

As for Ness and Lucas, they both should've had different final smashes to match with their respected games such as PK Rockin and PK Love. They also needed to get new voice clips i felt upset to see Ness get new voice clips in smash 4 while lucas was giving brawl's clips and now in ultimate they are both recycling voices which still leaves the latter in a sour tone.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
When has there ever been something to gain from a leak being right aside from knowing of something before it's been officially announced? Like, did somebody give you cookies for backing the right leaks or rumors back in the day? And the CacoMallow post hasn't been fully or even partially disproven yet. The only thing that's changed since it was first posted is that others have been able to create their own versions of it, which isn't anywhere near a flat-out disconfirmation.
Right now with in a span of a few weeks we're getting mods of very good looking Mallow & Cacodemon Mii Hats with little to no issues in response to trying to disprove the leak. Seeing how Mii Costumes aren't as difficult to make that we thought they were it seems entirely possible that some people are able to make Mii Hats with that type of quality give they had plenty of time. I feel it's safe to just write it off and move on, just like that one Palutena 3DS leak that turned out to be fake.

Not true. There are plenty of ways to cast doubt on a rumor/leak, you just need to try hard enough, but given your style or argumentation that seems like an near-impossibility for you. The Frogger Post correctly guessed the livestream date, but that's the bare minimum a post like that needs to be considered worthy of discussion. That didn't mean it was real, or that the rest of it was 100% real, it just meant that it was something to keep in mind going forward. Not every 4chan post that gets things right is considered worthy of discussion by us, we're not a gang of LaxChrises who don't look into or question anything and just blindly believe everything we hear.
There is literally no need to keep any leaks in mind, especially from 4chan. Monkeys and Typewriters. But trying to give arguments here when opposing leaks never works. There's was that one 4chan post that mention Terry & Ryu and everyone was like "yeah that make sense that the last two trailers are continuations of old trailers and that Ryu Hayabusa will take place in Simon's Trailer," but then I come in and say "won't it make sense that Ryu's trailer is actually the opening of the first Ninja Gaiden game with Greninja. I don't think they would have them paired up in Dracula's Castle," but then I get yelled at for being skeptical.

There was the EVO leak where everyone thought that Geno or a character was going to be revealed. I said that Nintendo doesn't usually make characters announcements there, but everyone thought I'm being too negative and saying "Smash is ending the entire thing, of course they have something to show."

I also gave plenty of reasons why any character that is a spirit isn't going to be part of the Fighter Pass, yet everyone disagrees saying I'm too negative. But it looks like I'm right on the money right there.

I gave plenty of reason on why certain things won't happen and try to back it up with what I have I get yelled at because it was deemed to be "negative." Literally the only time I ever got backing from anyone from this board for one of my ideas was saying how Erdrick was owned by three companies so they would've gone with Geno instead, I guess the lesson here is that if you want people to agree with your speculation you need to make it in favor of what they really want to hear.

And since you keep bringing up Piranha Plant and the Grinch Leak, talking about how upset over it you still are in all of your posts, let me be the first to break this very imporant fact to you: Nobody cares, Wynn. Nobody. ****ING. CARES. Nobody gives a flying **** that you were burned by believing in the Grinch Leak, because we ALL bought into the Grinch Leak, we were ALL burned like you were, Wynn. But when the dust settled, and the salt finally stopped flowing, we all dusted ourselves off, learned our lesson, and moved on like reasonable adults. We didn't spend a whole goddamn year seething over it like you did, we moved on and looked ahead.
REALLY?! You're trying to legitimately you guys "learn your lesson" from the Grinch Leak when we're still believing in leaks? No, nobody learned anything. We had this entire board go crazy because PapaGenos said that his source from the Mii Hats said Crash was the fifth fighter, remember? Remember how everyone was going on "That one guy who said Ryu Hayabusa was going to be the fighter, TOTALLY DEAD WRONG! CRASH IN SMASH! This one guy that we barely know about who said these Mii Costumes are in is totally without a doubt correct. CRASH IN SMASH!!!! This is the perfect way to end the Fighters Pass so it got to be true!" and then a few days later it turns out that leaker was a complete troll that Sabi kicked out and we got confirmation that Crash wasn't the fifth fighter. Also do I even to bring up how this board reacted to the Lupin Leak?

You guys may not be feeling burned for believing in leaks anymore, but so many of you are still believing it in. You guys haven't learn anything.

Also another lesson that I need to learn is that I can only mention the stuff that I don't like ONCE. If I mention that I don't like something a couple of times apparently I haven't moved on. Just because you move on or accepted it doesn't mean you can't continue to dislike or hate it! Apparently the only way I can ever convey is to never talk about every again or just come out and I LOVE PIRANHA PLANT, BEST CHARACTER! Only talk about positive things more then once, negativity needs to STFU and isn't allowed ever.

But I guess you just can't accept that, can you? You can't ****ing stand that we're not as cynical and immediately dismissive as you are, and may actually want to have a nice, constructive dialogue about the current rumors and speculation going around. And if that's the case, I can't really stop you from feeling that way, nor can I help you get over these hangups you have. All I ask is that you **** or get off the pot. Either take the time to objectively analyze and debunk these rumors or stop ****ing talking about it, because I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're all sick of your little routine.

>People are discussing a rumor/leak
>You come in with your cynical and typically poorly reasoned/subjective assertions.
>People start to question your arguments and fire back.
>You fold and go "Oh well, I guess I can't convince you guys of anything! Fine, believe what you want to believe, just don't come crying to me when I'm right! LOL!"
>The conversation is dropped for a few days.
>You come back into the discussion like nothing ever happened. Lather, rinse, repeat.
It's old, it's tired, and everyone is sick of it.
So what, am I suppose to go get some insider knowledge to specifically source on why the rumor is fake? People can just believe it without any real backing but if I want to say it's fake then I got to do all this homework so I can officially debunk it. If I'm going to have to do all this research to debunk a leak then you guys better do some research on why this leak is totally believable.

You know what's getting tiring? You guys believing a leak, I tell you that it could be fake, I'm called out for not believing it or being too negative, AND 9 TIME OUT OF 10 IT TURNS OUT TO BE FAKE AND THEN THIS BOARD MOVES ON THE NEWEST LEAK!!! The conversations of those leak/rumors didn't drop because people moved on, IT WAS DROPPED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE FAKE! I swear, someone can literally sell a bridge coated in snake oil to many members in this board.

Firox

Smash Master

This x1000. THREE Link clones is absurd enough as it is considering how many Zelda characters we don't have instead. I think it'd be awesome to have toon link use something like "helm splitter" or the rolling counter move incorporated into his moveset. There's lots of room to change things up on those three.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I personally believe some opinions can be objectively wrong. When the opinion is based off of a piece of information that is simply false, I don't think it makes sense to continue having that opinion.

There are some people are going to believe what they want to believe no matter what common sense, logic, or facts you shove in their face. There are those who like cozying up in their echo chambers and oversimplify things to avoid legitimately breaking down points/facing points that are hard facts. Simply put, you just can't convince people. And sometimes you have to let them be in their own little world until someday the asteroid of logic comes down and forces their chamber to finally be destroyed. Just ignore those people, and pay mind to chose actually willing to have legitimate discussions.

wynn728 wynn728 I don't hate you. I hope no one HATES you. But I think the problem is that you take things way too personally. Again, I've said before I respect you trying to be levelheaded at times. But there is a fine line between being levelheaded and just be outright cynical and taking things too personally. That's the core issue. You can dislike Piranha Plant and character choices, but you don't need to constantly say it over and over because... it's just a game. You've said your opinion, you've let it be known, and now you can move on. I have never said you need to like everything. What I, and others, want is for you to not continue to have opinions and mindsets that make no sense. You have said before that you truly think Sakurai and the developers have content for us. You have said that many times. And as much as you always say you love Smash, and all of these things, you don't actually ever say anything really positive. It is either realistic or just downright cynical. Despite there being so many things showing that Sakurai has no contempt for us, you will continue to think that because you want to. Again, you CAN dislike Piranha Plant and stuff like that and say your qualms. But there is a difference between saying them a few times, and repeatedly saying them on end at nauseam. Again, as I've said, beating an already dead horse. You just have this way of beating your points into the ground over and over, and you just view it as you being "realistic." You don't pay mind to logic, and as such, people get annoyed at your baseless claims and opinions at times. You just seem to take some things in Smash way too personally for a video game.

Last edited:

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
People can hype themselves up and believe whatever ridiculous stuff they want. It's their life. The only person they're gonna end up hurting is themselves if they get duped. You're certainly free to not believe anything, either, but you're not gonna change anyone's mind. Why bother?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Right now with in a span of a few weeks we're getting mods of very good looking Mallow & Cacodemon Mii Hats with little to no issues in response to trying to disprove the leak. Seeing how Mii Costumes aren't as difficult to make that we thought they were it seems entirely possible that some people are able to make Mii Hats with that type of quality give they had plenty of time. I feel it's safe to just write it off and move on, just like that one Palutena 3DS leak that turned out to be fake.
But it's not a hard disconfirmation though, all it does is debunk the idea that Mii Hat mods are impossible. It doesn't mean that the hats aren't real, they very well still could be. Also, I don't think the Palutena image from Smash 4 is a good example considering that she did end up making it in.
There is literally no need to keep any leaks in mind, especially from 4chan. Monkeys and Typewriters. But trying to give arguments here when opposing leaks never works. There's was that one 4chan post that mention Terry & Ryu and everyone was like "yeah that make sense that the last two trailers are continuations of old trailers and that Ryu Hayabusa will take place in Simon's Trailer," but then I come in and say "won't it make sense that Ryu's trailer is actually the opening of the first Ninja Gaiden game with Greninja. I don't think they would have them paired up in Dracula's Castle," but then I get yelled at for being skeptical.

There was the EVO leak where everyone thought that Geno or a character was going to be revealed. I said that Nintendo doesn't usually make characters announcements there, but everyone thought I'm being too negative and saying "Smash is ending the entire thing, of course they have something to show."

I also gave plenty of reasons why any character that is a spirit isn't going to be part of the Fighter Pass, yet everyone disagrees saying I'm too negative. But it looks like I'm right on the money right there.

I gave plenty of reason on why certain things won't happen and try to back it up with what I have I get yelled at because it was deemed to be "negative." Literally the only time I ever got backing from anyone from this board for one of my ideas was saying how Erdrick was owned by three companies so they would've gone with Geno instead, I guess the lesson here is that if you want people to agree with your speculation you need to make it in favor of what they really want to hear.
But all of these points you brought up were just your opinions, though. You said "Actually, I disagree." and people said "I disagree." right back. There's nothing objective with any of these points, either yours or theirs, so this doesn't really apply to anything I've said. It's a false equivalency.
REALLY?! You're trying to legitimately you guys "learn your lesson" from the Grinch Leak when we're still believing in leaks? No, nobody learned anything. We had this entire board go crazy because PapaGenos said that his source from the Mii Hats said Crash was the fifth fighter, remember? Remember how everyone was going on "That one guy who said Ryu Hayabusa was going to be the fighter, TOTALLY DEAD WRONG! CRASH IN SMASH! This one guy that we barely know about who said these Mii Costumes are in is totally without a doubt correct. CRASH IN SMASH!!!! This is the perfect way to end the Fighters Pass so it got to be true!" and then a few days later it turns out that leaker was a complete troll that Sabi kicked out and we got confirmation that Crash wasn't the fifth fighter. Also do I even to bring up how this board reacted to the Lupin Leak?

You guys may not be feeling burned for believing in leaks anymore, but so many of you are still believing it in. You guys haven't learn anything.
The lesson to be taken from the Grinch Leak wasn't that we should never discuss the legitimacy of rumors/leaks. The lesson was to not get swept up in conspiracy theories, which was the main point that made the Grinch Leak such a big cluster**** in the first place. And as for the Crash thing, the reason people took that one guy's words into consideration when he was claiming that Crash was coming to Smash is because he had correctly guessed 4 Mii Costumes in a previous post, most significantly the Team Rocket Grunt outfit and the Goemon costume. Does that not give his words a little bit more credence? Can you really blame people for taking his words into consideration when he correctly guessed something as out-there as that?
Also another lesson that I need to learn is that I can only mention the stuff that I don't like ONCE. If I mention that I don't like something a couple of times apparently I haven't moved on. Just because you move on or accepted it doesn't mean you can't continue to dislike or hate it! Apparently the only way I can ever convey is to never talk about every again or just come out and I LOVE PIRANHA PLANT, BEST CHARACTER! Only talk about positive things more then once, negativity needs to STFU and isn't allowed ever.
You keep repeating that same point even though people have already addressed it. Yes, leaks can be faked no matter how legitimate they look. Do you have any other points to bring up? Perhaps any weird details you've noticed about it that would make--oh, uh, no, you're just saying that it could be faked again. As I've said before, I don't mind you being critical or debunking things, just provide better points.
So what, am I suppose to go get some insider knowledge to specifically source on why the rumor is fake? People can just believe it without any real backing but if I want to say it's fake then I got to do all this homework so I can officially debunk it. If I'm going to have to do all this research to debunk a leak then you guys better do some research on why this leak is totally believable.
Random 4chan posts are a dime a dozen and most if not all of them are fake. Arguing it's legitimacy would be a case of trying to prove that it's real or worth considering. An image and a duo of high-quality, legitimate-looking videos are very rare and somewhat harder to make. Arguing it's legitimacy would be a case of trying to disprove it's authenticity. You don't need to be an insider to prove or disprove a rumor/leak, all you need is to provide good analysis and solid argumentation.
You know what's getting tiring? You guys believing a leak, I tell you that it could be fake, I'm called out for not believing it or being too negative, AND 9 TIME OUT OF 10 IT TURNS OUT TO BE FAKE AND THEN THIS BOARD MOVES ON THE NEWEST LEAK!!! The conversations of those leak/rumors didn't drop because people moved on, IT WAS DROPPED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE FAKE! I swear, someone can literally sell a bridge coated in snake oil to many members in this board.
A question: Do you believe that everyone in this thread that discusses a rumor/leak believes it to be 100% real? Because I sure as hell don't, and I'm not immediately knowledgeable of anyone else who does. From what I've seen, people have tended to fall more on the skeptical side of things, not entirely believing them, but not completely ruling them out, either. I think you may be mistaken as to what people believe and don't believe.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Going back to the topic of what would be a suitable stage for Geno, I read some posts back someone mentioning it could be similar to Delfino Plaza (and other traveling platform stages) where players start and battle mostly on top of the Royal Bus, making stops in a few locations such as:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Tadpole Pond
- Forest Maze
- Booster Tower
- Star Hill
- Seaside Town
- Monstro Town
- Nimbus Land
- Bowser's Keep
*Maybe also include between Nimbus Land and Bowser's Keep the Blade flying next to the Royal Bus, firing at the players.*

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
For me, speculation on leaks can be somewhat of a game; it's fun to wait and see what pans out and what doesn't. I don't put too much stock into it, and I'm open to the possibility of it being completely false. When the more recent Frogger leak didn't pan out, I just think, "oh well" and move on...it's really no big deal. I never fully believed in the leak to begin with, but I kept my eyes open in case any part of it did turn out to be true. It's kind of like the list of SquareEnix characters - there can be a bit of truth mixed in with false information. I only ever consider a leak if there happens to be any real information that was not previously known or announced leading up to an actual announcement - similar to the Mii costume list that was posted back in July. Could we get a Mallow/Smithy and Chocobo costume later? I don't know - it's a possibility. We'll just have to wait and see.

It can be surprising though when certain things do pan out (PapaGenos talking about Banjo even around the time of the Grinch Leak - which eventually happened) so it's kind of fun to wait and see what will survive any Smash-related announcements. I think the only leak I ever truly bought into was the Ken leak since a lot of people were talking about Ken getting into Smash Ultimate at the time and it made sense for him being an echo of Ryu.

I will say even after all of this it can be hard for me to fully buy into anything - even when the E3 2018 trailer clearly said, "Everyone Is Here!" I had to wait and see for myself all the characters before I had truly understood what they meant - as opposed to referencing all the fan-favorites which is what I almost thought they were saying.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I believe a while back I had a bit of an issue with you wynn728 wynn728 however, after a while I started to respect you and what you offer to the discussion. You brought points from the other side and maybe alluded to why somethings couldn’t happen. I respected you for telling us all this, even if we didn’t wanna hear it.

Sadly there’s a “however” I have to attach to these compliments. I think a lot of us just come onto this forum to goof off and talk about video game rumors, just like we used to on the playground back in the day (still miffed about being told Luigi was in Mario 64 by my friend. i ran around that fountain for hours man).

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal to us if the rumor turns out to be false. Which is why people call you negative all the time. We come onto this specific forum to talk about Geno in Smash, of course people aren’t going to take kindly to someone barging in and yelling “Actually you’re wrong and you shouldn’t be getting your hopes up because I got burnt last time”. It’s nice you’re looking out for other people’s feelings, but I don’t know if that’s what everyone wants. People just wanna talk about Geno. And Smash brothers. and there was that one time we talked about pie, and pokemon, and-

Well you get the point. I hope you can understand.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I think the main issue is you make blanket statements and generalizations that are patently false. The reason people stop talking about a leak once it's proven false is because there's no more reason to speculate on a dead leak, we move on to the next one because speculating on it helps to break up the monotony between information droughts. People call you out because you tend to get on our case every time we put even a little bit of stock in a leak, and then you're like "woah hold on there, remember last time when X leak happened and everybody (read: one or two people) wouldn't stop complaining? You all need to remember to take these with a grain of salt"
Which completely disregards the wide diversity of opinions we always tend to have on the validity of a leak. There's no issue with you thinking a leak is fake, just don't act condescending when other people don't have an opinion on a leak that lines up with yours.

I have absolutely nothing to lose from supporting a leak. I might feel some mild disappointment if it's false, but I am an adult, and I have more pressing things to actually worry about than whether or not a leak is true.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
for the current conversation:
stage: either vista hill as others have said, forest maze, or possibly monstro town?

I envision it like a flat version of brawl's yoshi's island with a few doors that you can enter and pop out of others, with an increasing random chance of appearing underneath the main platform to a door where culex is, and the arena changing it's skin to the culex fight with the FF music. He would attack the fighters with the different crystals for 1 minute or until he is KO'ed. Hazards off would make the doors impassable and just have it change when it's a last stock situation, no culex. Cameos would just be walking around in the background like various enemies or bosses.

all the same it might just be best to have it be a traveling stage on Axe.

5 fighters needing an overhaul for canon appearance?:
Ganondorf:
needs more tweaking than a full overhaul at this point. give him back his frame 3 jab from melee, make neutral b the magic bullet that can be reflected like gordo, but allow it to be re-reflected to imitate the fight, increasing in damage each reflect. down b should be a punch vs a kick, with the same hitbox and movement, but upon landing from the air it has more lag and a larger shockwave. Up b should be without a hitbox, but super armor, faster, and have a lot more horizontal movement after the initial leap. otherwise his "A" moves are essentially good at this point.

sheik:
I understand the whole ninja motif, but they could have included more magic/harp stuff

luigi:
as already stated by others, could use a lot more callbacks to other games, still feels like a weird mario

Ness:
the whole healer/physical thing vs mage

Ike:
Ragnell actually has a projectile... so there's that.

On the whole though, there really isn't too much for the cast to make them "more canonical." For a fighting game that relies on pre-established characters it does a pretty good job representing them in game.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
As for Ness and Lucas, they both should've had different final smashes to match with their respected games such as PK Rockin and PK Love. They also needed to get new voice clips i felt upset to see Ness get new voice clips in smash 4 while lucas was giving brawl's clips and now in ultimate they are both recycling voices which still leaves the latter in a sour tone.
Ness is an OG, I love his standard moveset but the lack of Rockin is a damn shame when it's such a simple thing. Lucas was the perfect opportunity to make a more-canon Mother protagonist in Smash. Project M's Lucas has Offense-up which is just... so ****ing sick. Actually a move he can use and it made your enemy **** their pants when you could hit a charged Dacus.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I've seen it said a couple times now that Link should've been retooled to completely have a BoTW moveset, and I disagree. I think going all in and representing one specific incarnation of Link does a poor job of representing Link as a whole, because Links tend to become obsolete after one or two games. I think the reason Link's moveset has remained more or less the same since 64 without any major overhauls is because that moveset can represent a larger general 'idea' of what a Link is, rather than any specific incarnation, even if visually he resembles specific Links.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Young Link should probably have more ocarina/ majora's mask moves. Toon Link can stay more of the "classic link" alternative to the new botw inspired link.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Gonna pop in on the character revamp discussion and maybe it’s the fact that I’ve been playing Metroid Prime lately but Samus is in desperate need of a retool. She still jumps like she’s in Super Metroid and her power beam doesn’t work anything like it does in her actual games, plus she doesn’t utilize any of the other various beams she gets. I’d be happy with just giving her Mii Gunner’s forward smash at the very least

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
This thread really slowed down, huh? Guess it's alright though, you always need a little r & r. Especially after the multiple rollercoasters we've been on the past week or two. Good to just be chill and calm until we get a new fighter announcement.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
This thread really slowed down, huh? Guess it's alright though, you always need a little r & r. Especially after the multiple rollercoasters we've been on the past week or two. Good to just be chill and calm until we get a new fighter announcement.
I mean I wouldn't be opposed to a bomb dropping rn, but it's just kind of waiting it out for a legit leak.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean there was that new private video and it's confirmed it wasn't for 6.1.0, so.... plus, TGA is too long away. We usually see the results of the private videos within 10 days maximum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom