• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Shadow Star DX Shadow Star DX Welcome back! Nice to see old faces here - my memory with the Geno Alliance is so fuzzy I can't even remember if I posted there or not. I know at the time I was a supporter of Geno for Brawl since 2006 as I do have this little screencap saved from my old DA account (back when I was known as contrafox):

Either way, it's nice to see some older fans of Geno returning!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Meh. There's no shame in putting your faith in things sometimes. Even if it doesn't turn out to be real I'd rather take the risk and turn out to be wrong than to be some stuck up stick in the mud who is so concerned with avoiding getting hurt that I don't ever enjoy anything (not saying you personally are, but there are plenty of people like that in this thread).
Honestly, that's pretty stupid. There's no real benefit in putting faith in a leak or not. If you believe it and it came true then cool, but you don't believe it and it came true it doesn't take any kind of enjoyment you would've had from the reveal. I don't believe in leaks because I don't want to get hurt, I don't believe in them because there's no reason to.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, that's pretty stupid. There's no real benefit in putting faith in a leak or not. If you believe it and it came true then cool, but you don't believe it and it came true it doesn't take any kind of enjoyment you would've had from the reveal. I don't believe in leaks because I don't want to get hurt, I don't believe in them because there's no reason to.
In my opinion, it's much more fun to debate that something has legitimacy than it is to try to shoot it down, and even more fun to go galaxy brain and do both, and that's for the simple reason that it's more mental exercise to point out what makes something valid than it is to point out the fairly obvious things that make it invalid. If it's gonna legitimately hurt your feelings to not have tempered expectations, I get that - I think I was probably way angrier about Piranha Plant thanks to hoping for Isaac and Geno than I would have been without that hope, but to be fair, you and I can see eye to eye on a point that Piranha Plant being a fighter does feel like they're saying it has more importance as a character than someone like Isaac or even Waluigi, and that made me angry, too. Even then, I look past it and remind myself that Piranha Plant did not steal Isaac's moveset and therefore isn't technically more important, just different.

I mean, I play Smash competitively not for the joy of winning, but for the thrill of the challenge and the excitement of having my wits and reflexes tested against someone else. Trusting a leak is the same - a competition of wits against others, myself (and yes, I mean I am actively psyching myself out), and the leaker. There's no real victory state, it's just fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Because my name is coming up more on 4chan and YouTube. I want to clarify some things.

-Yes, I was wrong about the Grinch Leak but I wasn't connected with Sabi yet at the time. Proof of this can be found here by looking at the date of when Sabi "crash landed" in the Geno thread :

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-259#post-22661258

-Yes, the private Discord knew about Banjo in April. Proof of this can be found here in both of my posts on this page:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-905#post-23244076

The current intel at the time was that not only Banjo was coming but he would be coming with at least one of the following: RARE Replay for Switch, the Masterchief Collection, and/or a Banjo Remaster.
I really hope you guys are right about more microsoft games. Im still holding out hope for a Banjo remake
Hello all - Geno for Smash!!!!!!!

off topic - i noticed this morning my Smash updated. Anyone know what they updated?
There was a gamebreaking glitch involving Terry freezing in place

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If Geno were to come with a SMRPG stage, what would be the best location both for representation and for interestingness in stage design?
The most obvious choice would be the first maze, but personally, I'd like the top of bowsers castle, with exor as a stage hazard

D

Deleted member

If Geno were to come with a SMRPG stage, what would be the best location both for representation and for interestingness in stage design?
I'm still betting it all on a world map similar to Delfino Plaza or (fittingly) Yggdrasil's Altar, where the platform flies to various locations and maybe changes terrain based on which one it visits. As long as it doesn't have walk-offs or stage hazards I'll fight tooth and nail for it to be tournament legal just so that Geno haters can never escape it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Someone handles Smash speculation different from me. Therefore, they are STUPID. Yes, it's insulting, but it's also TRUE!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
With what they did woth the King of Fighters arena, I am almost wondering if there is some sort of trait a hypothetical SMRPG stage would have that we have not realized yet. Obvious choices would be the Forest Maze and Bowsers Keep, but I imagine Booster Tower and the Blade are also a possibility.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
The Forest Maze is the obvious answer, but I’d argue Bowser’s Keep with Exor in the background might be the most iconic place in the game. Plus we’d finally have a good Bowser’s Castle stage *glares at Paper Mario stage*
Could also do Booster’s Tower or maybe Smithy’s Factory

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet
I also contributed to the Geno Alliance Forums that were a thing for a moment back then (I even helped make the banner!), but it's nothing more than a forgotten time capsule of that period of Geno Support now:
https://geno.forumotion.com/
(WARNING: Link may contain cringe from the late 2000s. View at your own risk.)
"Woot, I'm already taking tallies on who people want for SSB4 on Smash Boards and as of now, the top three candidates by vote are Krystal, Megaman, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Geno."

Wherever he is, I hope McSnapple is happy.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Super Mario RPG has a ton of really cool and out-there 90s character designs so I hope to see a lot of them on Geno’s stage.

D

Deleted member

Always thought this'd make a cool stage. It could go one of two ways:
Normal Stage:
Idea 1: The kinklinks can be attacked, and the chandeliers fall like in the game.
Idea 2: The kinklinks lose their grip on the chandeliers because of the heavy weight of the fighters, and you have to balance them out like a see-saw.
Travelling Stage? Kinda:
Idea 3: Once the chandeliers fall you'll be fighting in the throne room.
Idea 4: The throne room gets covered in rubble, and you emerge on Vista Hill outside as Exor strikes down on the castle.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
That's clearly not true for the others in the thread that place emotional value in experiencing the emotional high and anticipation in putting your faith into something like that. For a lot of people here, that's part of the experience of Smash speculation and part of the enjoyment they get from it. You may not personally understand it, but it doesn't invalidate it. It's okay for people to enjoy things in different ways.

I don't actually like a lot of the leaks that have been floating around as of late either, and I especially don't like this trend of people believing supposed leakers just on their word, but I'm not going to invalidate them over it. Let people do what they want as long as they're not being cruel to others.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Super Mario RPG has a ton of really cool and out-there 90s character designs so I hope to see a lot of them on Geno’s stage.
If we were to get Bowsers Keep, I imagine the members of the Smithy Gang could appear in the background.

D

Deleted member

If we were to get Bowsers Keep, I imagine the members of the Smithy Gang could appear in the background.
That'd be neat. Maybe the Axem Rangers + Blade are present and Breaker Beam gets fired at the stage every now and then, kinda like what happens on Halberd.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That'd be neat. Maybe the Axem Rangers + Blade are present and Breaker Beam gets fired at the stage every now and then, kinda like what happens on Halberd.
Perhaps Boomer could also be a hazard, as he was the boss right before Exor. Really, all of the members of the Smithy Gang could have their own unique hazards.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The Forest Maze is the obvious answer, but I’d argue Bowser’s Keep with Exor in the background might be the most iconic place in the game. Plus we’d finally have a good Bowser’s Castle stage *glares at Paper Mario stage*
Could also do Booster’s Tower or maybe Smithy’s Factory
I think Forest Maze is probably the better choice, really. It's where you meet Geno, it's where his unofficial theme song comes from which would be more fitting, and there's plenty you can do with it. You could have Wigglers that come out of the stumps and can act as bouncy platforms, or have Bowyer in the back shooting paralyzing arrow shots. Hell, you could even have Bowser's Castle, complete with Exor embedded in the top, looming off in the distance. Maybe they could have Exor descend down into the castle when the match starts like we see in the beginning of the game? And there's always the possibility of them just going hog wild with cameos from most if not all of the major bosses in the game.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I think Forest Maze is probably the better choice, really. It's where you meet Geno, it's where his unofficial theme song comes from which would be more fitting, and there's plenty you can do with it. You could have Wigglers that out of the stumps and can act as bouncy platforms, or have Bowyer in the back shooting paralyzing arrow shots. Hell, you could even have Bowser's Castle, complete with Exor embedded in the top, looming off in the distance. Maybe they could have Exor descend down into the castle when the match starts like we see in the beginning of the game? And there's always the possibility of them just going hog wild with cameos from most if not all of the major bosses in the game.
Man, I think everyone on here is suggesting cameos, but just stopping and thinking about new Smash quality 3D models of the ****ing Axem Rangers and other weird bosses from the game makes me giddy

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hello all - Geno for Smash!!!!!!!

off topic - i noticed this morning my Smash updated. Anyone know what they updated?
There was a glitch in the game where Terry could punch Nana so hard that it would freeze them both and make them invulnerable, forcing Popo to kill himself to end the match. They patched it out.

Dynamic Worlok

There was a glitch in the game where Terry could punch Nana so hard that it would freeze them both and make them invulnerable, forcing Popo to kill himself to end the match. They patched it out.
Terry, the only fighter with better ice powers than lucas

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I think Bowser castle or the world tour are fine ideas but I also really hope we get somthing that's still legal with the hazards off. My idea would be to create one using the Bowyer fight stump as the main ground extending down with the pits on either side like warioware or wilys castle. It can be either a battlefield, stadium or smashville platform setup idc too much about that just as long as the hazardless version stays simple.On hazards arrows and fauna are fine, I was hoping the background would be the treeline with a small break in the middle that makes the iconic bowser castle shot visible.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

Always thought this'd make a cool stage. It could go one of two ways:
Normal Stage:
Idea 1: The kinklinks can be attacked, and the chandeliers fall like in the game.
Idea 2: The kinklinks lose their grip on the chandeliers because of the heavy weight of the fighters, and you have to balance them out like a see-saw.
Travelling Stage? Kinda:
Idea 3: Once the chandeliers fall you'll be fighting in the throne room.
Idea 4: The throne room gets covered in rubble, and you emerge on Vista Hill outside as Exor strikes down on the castle.
I'd literally play on that stage All Day.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
“Am I ok? No, Terry. No I’m not.” Popo thinks before throwing himself off the stage to end his suffering and reunite with his beloved Nana.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Bowser castle or the world tour are fine ideas but I also really hope we get somthing that's still legal with the hazards off. My idea would be to create one using the Bowyer fight stump as the main ground extending down with the pits on either side like warioware or wilys castle. It can be either a battlefield, stadium or smashville platform setup idc too much about that just as long as the hazardless version stays simple.On hazards arrows and fauna are fine, I was hoping the background would be the treeline with a small break in the middle that makes the iconic bowser castle shot visible.
A transforming stage with no walkoffs should be legal with the hazards off. If you're a common watcher of MVG's stuff, I'm with M2K when he says our stage list should be much bigger, and I really think Yggdrasil's Altar and Momentos are fine candidates. But hey, we have people out here thinking we need Randall-less Yoshi's Story so that there's no escape from triplats and we need every Pokemon stage legal despite the fact all four of the good ones are the same stage...

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
A transforming stage with no walkoffs should be legal with the hazards off. If you're a common watcher of MVG's stuff, I'm with M2K when he says our stage list should be much bigger, and I really think Yggdrasil's Altar and Momentos are fine candidates. But hey, we have people out here thinking we need Randall-less Yoshi's Story so that there's no escape from triplats and we need every Pokemon stage legal despite the fact all four of the good ones are the same stage...
Not an avid watcher because salem gets on my nerves a lot but I'm absolutely with m2k in that we could have a much better stage list. A transformer could work but I don't think sakurai will ever design one that will be accepted for a stage list walkoffs or not. Honestly I really don't like the hazards off for my own use anyway because seeing the stages doctored like that just deeply bothers me especially when there is more then enough perfectly fine ones that could fill out a list but I'm aware I'm in the minority on that. Yoshi's story is honestly one of my favorite stages and seeing it without Randall was painful to look at especially since hazards off will be the standard from here on out.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

I'm pretty sure one of the reasons why Sabi said that the NoA source is against the Mii leak is because they know who FP 5 is. It isn't Geno or Doomguy. I'm pretty sure they know who FP 5 is, but they aren't ready to reveal it yet.
I can confirm that they do know, but they're not tellin'

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm pretty sure one of the reasons why Sabi said that the NoA source is against the Mii leak is because they know who FP 5 is. It isn't Geno or Doomguy. I'm pretty sure they know who FP 5 is, but they aren't ready to reveal it yet.
I already know that, but I'm still curious if they know who it is yet.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
That's clearly not true for the others in the thread that place emotional value in experiencing the emotional high and anticipation in putting your faith into something like that. For a lot of people here, that's part of the experience of Smash speculation and part of the enjoyment they get from it. You may not personally understand it, but it doesn't invalidate it. It's okay for people to enjoy things in different ways.

I don't actually like a lot of the leaks that have been floating around as of late either, and I especially don't like this trend of people believing supposed leakers just on their word, but I'm not going to invalidate them over it. Let people do what they want as long as they're not being cruel to others.
Look, if you really wanted the character then you would be excited with the reveal regardless of knowing about a leak or choosing not to believe it. It's not like all the Banjo fans who chose not to believe Shinobi were like "Wait, what? That guy was right about Banjo getting in? Well I guess that's neat, not that excited about it. Whatevs." No, they were screaming their heads off because the character wanted got in. Didn't matter if their expectation is down low or not. It's not like knowing the character is coming a head of time is the only way you can really appreciation them getting in, you're going to be happy regardless. I got zero faith in any leak I actually hear, doesn't mean I won't be happy if they come true (depending on what that leak is).

We had the Grinch Leak, the 5ch Leak, the Lupin Leak, the EVO Leak, the Crash leak, the MallowCaco Leak, Tracer Leak, Remiu Leak, and the Frogger Leak. Many people believe in those leaks, and they're all turning out false. There is no speculation, it's just "let's believe it." There's just nothing to gain from believing leaks anymore.

In my opinion, it's much more fun to debate that something has legitimacy than it is to try to shoot it down, and even more fun to go galaxy brain and do both, and that's for the simple reason that it's more mental exercise to point out what makes something valid than it is to point out the fairly obvious things that make it invalid. If it's gonna legitimately hurt your feelings to not have tempered expectations, I get that - I think I was probably way angrier about Piranha Plant thanks to hoping for Isaac and Geno than I would have been without that hope, but to be fair, you and I can see eye to eye on a point that Piranha Plant being a fighter does feel like they're saying it has more importance as a character than someone like Isaac or even Waluigi, and that made me angry, too. Even then, I look past it and remind myself that Piranha Plant did not steal Isaac's moveset and therefore isn't technically more important, just different.

I mean, I play Smash competitively not for the joy of winning, but for the thrill of the challenge and the excitement of having my wits and reflexes tested against someone else. Trusting a leak is the same - a competition of wits against others, myself (and yes, I mean I am actively psyching myself out), and the leaker. There's no real victory state, it's just fun.
There is no debate when it comes leaks. With so many text leak all you can really do is just wait and see if it comes true. People will be like "hey this part is right so this 4chan leak is probably true as well," (just like the Frogger leak) and there's nothing you can say that can poke holes or show it's invalid until time passes to show that it's fake. All there really is is hindsight when it comes to these leaks. If believing in leaks if fun for you then go right ahead, just don't get disappointed when they turn out false and that character leak you really believe was going to happen never appear in Smash Bros.

Never mention Piranha Plant, other wise I'd make people very upset on this board with my opinion how much I hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom