• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I know Geno tends to be the butt of everyone's joke, but are Doom fans treated the same way? It could just be fake, but if it is I'm not sure if trolling Geno fans was the main goal, because why drag Doomguy into it, too?

(Something went weird when I tried to post this, I didn't do it twice did I?)

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
LaxChris is a user here, so I can see how he found out about Fatman's words. Don't know about Blocked Content, though.
he said someone else sent him the screenshot, tho. Either way, if he's a user here, he has no excuse for not doing the tiniest bit of research

I know Geno tends to be the butt of everyone's joke, but are Doom fans treated the same way? It could just be fake, but if it is I'm not sure if trolling Geno fans was the main goal, because why drag Doomguy into it, too?

(Something went weird when I tried to post this, I didn't do it twice did I?)
Doomguy is guilty by association.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That so huh? Oh well.

I mean it's not really that big of deal I guess still, though.

Well my best to them they'll do what they always do.

We'll carry on as we always have.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So I wonder if Sword and Shield having an event but not spirits this week means anything. One theory people have that 3 Houses will get a package deal of character with spirits as the game hasn't had spirits added so far by an event.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
he said someone else sent him the screenshot, tho. Either way, if he's a user here, he has no excuse for not doing the tiniest bit of research
I see. But who sent him the screenshot is what I would like to find out, even if we don't know at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Does he go by his username on here or something else?

Also yeah maybe someone was browsing the forum. That's how they got it.

Never mind just checked oh well.

It's fine but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I’m not even sure who I’ll hard support if our boi gets in. My list is literally gonna start being ridiculous picks just for a chance at series revival . Prolly throw in with shantae/ Issac folks. Bi try list would literally look like

Gordon freeman, Raziel (soul reaver), idk who else.

Also can I get added to the support list?
Make sure to tag psychoincarnate and like the original post

Plank08

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I got information from my insider sources on who is going to be the next 6 dlc characters.

Arle Nadja
Doom Slayer
Geno
Crash Bandicoot
Phoenix Wright
Travis Touchdown

I swear this is 100% real. I even got a picture below. Please trust me.
Well guys I guess this is it, back you bags, we won. :ultkrool:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
While we're on the topic of credible leakers one time I was gambling and I predicted that I would win my money back and it happened, so I guess I leaked that. The higher ups at Gambling Incorporated sent me a cease and desist so I have credibility.

I'm breaking like every protocol to deliver this information, but the fifth fighter will be a block of Sandstone from Minecraft with a Marge Simpson echo fighter. Mii Costumes will include other block related characters, like BoxBoy, Tetris, and Cubivore. The only new song will be the Crazy Bus theme and the stage is Sakurai's house. Please put me in your video, LaxChris.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm still of the opinion that just because it can be done by modders, that doesn't necessarily mean that the ones seen in the leak weren't made by the Ultimate development team. I can draw a picture of Goku, but that doesn't mean I drew the Dragon Ball manga instead of Toriyama, y'know? I'm still Team Neutral.

Shadow Star DX

Smash Cadet
Hello Everyone! I hope I'm not interrupting any discussion, but I wanted to drop in and re-introduce myself to the Geno community. I'm a bit of a dusty relic from the Brawl days, when I supported Geno as part of the "'Geno Alliance" here on Smashboards; where I went by the name Shadow Star (an account I've since lost access to).

Geno has always been my most wanted character for Smash, and like many of you, I was crushed when he never made it into Brawl. I started to lose faith the dream could ever come true, until the Grinch Leak happened, and had my heart broken all over again... And now, with the potential Mii Costume Leak, I'm finding myself in that situation all over again. In my desperate pursuit to keep my faith in Geno alive, I somehow found myself led back here again. And after reading pages and pages of all your passionate support and optimism for Geno, you've all helped me believe that Geno truly still has a chance. I want to board this ship one last time and ride this out with you guys, whether it sinks or not.

While I doubt anyone remembers me, there DOES seem to be some familiar faces here, however. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ! I remember seeing you there, all those years ago! Hello again, even if you don't remember me, haha.

I was a bit of an annoyance back then, always posting my ideas for Geno-related stuff in Smash and just being generally weird. Looking back on my posts, I had actually forgotten just how active and involved I was. I, uh, apologize for being a bit too overzealous about Geno at times... I even drew this horrifyingly bad picture of Geno back then:

Seriously, how did I draw his hat so wrong!?
I swear I can draw better now. I'd Iove to draw some more fanart once I get my new workstation set up.

I also contributed to the Geno Alliance Forums that were a thing for a moment back then (I even helped make the banner!), but it's nothing more than a forgotten time capsule of that period of Geno Support now:
https://geno.forumotion.com/
(WARNING: Link may contain cringe from the late 2000s. View at your own risk.)

Figured I'd reminiscence about that and see if by chance anyone else remembered and stirred up some nostalgia. Whatever the case, I'm glad to finally be back after all these years and I look forward to being part of the discussion again as a new person who still adores and is rooting for Geno. Here's to hoping that after over 10 years, the dream, the wish, finally comes true!

OffBi

Smash Ace
Hello Everyone! I hope I'm not interrupting any discussion, but I wanted to drop in and re-introduce myself to the Geno community. I'm a bit of a dusty relic from the Brawl days, when I supported Geno as part of the "'Geno Alliance" here on Smashboards; where I went by the name Shadow Star (an account I've since lost access to).

Geno has always been my most wanted character for Smash, and like many of you, I was crushed when he never made it into Brawl. I started to lose faith the dream could ever come true, until the Grinch Leak happened, and had my heart broken all over again... And now, with the potential Mii Costume Leak, I'm finding myself in that situation all over again. In my desperate pursuit to keep my faith in Geno alive, I somehow found myself led back here again. And after reading pages and pages of all your passionate support and optimism for Geno, you've all helped me believe that Geno truly still has a chance. I want to board this ship one last time and ride this out with you guys, whether it sinks or not.

While I doubt anyone remembers me, there DOES seem to be some familiar faces here, however. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ! I remember seeing you there, all those years ago! Hello again, even if you don't remember me, haha.

I was a bit of an annoyance back then, always posting my ideas for Geno-related stuff in Smash and just being generally weird. Looking back on my posts, I had actually forgotten just how active and involved I was. I, uh, apologize for being a bit too overzealous about Geno at times... I even drew this horrifyingly bad picture of Geno back then:

Seriously, how did I draw his hat so wrong!?
I swear I can draw better now. I'd Iove to draw some more fanart once I get my new workstation set up.

I also contributed to the Geno Alliance Forums that were a thing for a moment back then (I even helped make the banner!), but it's nothing more than a forgotten time capsule of that period of Geno Support now:
https://geno.forumotion.com/
(WARNING: Link may contain cringe from the late 2000s. View at your own risk.)

Figured I'd reminiscence about that and see if by chance anyone else remembered and stirred up some nostalgia. Whatever the case, I'm glad to finally be back after all these years and I look forward to being part of the discussion again as a new person who still adores and is rooting for Geno. Here's to hoping that after over 10 years, the dream, the wish, finally comes true!
The art isn't that bad

D

Deleted member

"The Reunion" is the perfect name for Geno's trailer.

Just quickly messed around with Inspect Element on Banjo's trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The thing that kills me about the Laxchris video is that they didn't bother to fact check or research anything:

-Yes, I'm connected with Sabi. This is common knowledge and no less than 5 people including Sabi themselves have confirmed I'm part of the private Discord on this very site.

-I'm not a leaker. I'm a speculate... Er. I just speculate and theorycraft on insider info and rumors I'm privy to thanks to the private Discord. I do it for fun and so you all aren't totally in the dark. I remember the Brawl days and literally having to wait a year and two months between Snake and Ike's announcements with no tips and leads and, as a fan, it sucks and I']m trying to do what I'm allowed to do to help with dry spells and dead ends.

-I've explained in gross detail why I think the Power of 6 theory is something to consider within the realm of Smash speculation.

-I've also fully defined what I mean by "leftover assets" for potential future DLC.

-I've also gone into gross detail about how Steve was more than likely leakbait to protect Banjo and how literally nothing has come up in favor of the character since.

This is the part of the reason I've been hanging out in the PapaGenos Discord so people know who I am and what I'm about so when people see my name elsewhere, they can vouch I'm not this super serious leaker that people seem to think I am.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Someone has managed to recreate that cacodemon hat, but it looks low quality
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/485255065
"It looks low quality" is a bad argument. The footage we saw is the very definition of low quality - a recording of a screen with a recording playing on it, most likely from a cell phone. The teeth can "look different" or some other "glaring" flaw can be found, but it doesn't prove that what we saw wasn't a very well done mod, and really doesn't even prove that any given Mii hat posted isn't THE Mii hat. Our eyes are filling in details in this lossy video/still picture.

Unfortunately, if fake, this is one of those fakes that absolutely demands the creator come forward with proof that he made it, and that means producing both models and the method he used to get them in so seemingly perfectly, and it'll have to line up with what the modding community knows to be possible/potentially possible. I have a bad feeling we'll only know the truth when something from this doesn't end up in the game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sorry to hear you were mentioned in one of LaxChris' videos my man, you certainly don't deserve any hate or disrespect online Fatmanonice Fatmanonice because you're one of the most awesome dudes I have ever met online. ;)

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
If anybody wants a laugh this morning, I was digging through the old Brawl Geno thread for nostalgia and came upon this post I made back when the final brawl roster was leaked and I was in absolute denial:

Here is the post:

6E4750FC-DFBA-44C3-8E8D-6E7CAD428C85.jpeg

And here was the image I allowed myself to be hoodwinked by:

394ED95D-B021-4D0A-97BA-03CEF8B1EDA4.png

We’ve come a long way friends

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So we went from "Oh these Mii Costume can't be fake. There's no way since modders have a hard time making them" to "Yeah, after a few weeks people are figuring out and are able to recreate them easily and was able to add physics to the hats as well."

This is why we take things with a grain of salt and not treat it as a 100% real.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
So we went from "Oh these Mii Costume can't be fake. There's no way since modders have a hard time making them" to "Yeah, after a few weeks people are figuring out and are able to recreate them easily and was able to add physics to the hats as well."

This is why we take things with a grain of salt and not treat it as a 100% real.
Meh. There's no shame in putting your faith in things sometimes. Even if it doesn't turn out to be real I'd rather take the risk and turn out to be wrong than to be some stuck up stick in the mud who is so concerned with avoiding getting hurt that I don't ever enjoy anything (not saying you personally are, but there are plenty of people like that in this thread).

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Meh. There's no shame in putting your faith in things sometimes. Even if it doesn't turn out to be real I'd rather take the risk and turn out to be wrong than to be some stuck up stick in the mud who is so concerned with avoiding getting hurt that I don't ever enjoy anything (not saying you personally are, but there are plenty of people like that in this thread).
While i can accept that, i find not getting my hopes up for unlikely things or trusting leaks makes me a happier person, but i'm a pretty easy person to please. I have over 10 Mario Characters i would enjoy getting in basically equally, and almost no characters period i think i would dislike.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Totally feel that. I was all in for the Grinch Leak and the costume leak as well and I enjoy every second of it. Times like those are literally the reason I’m here with y’all, it’s a blast and this is all going to pay off sooner or later

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Because my name is coming up more on 4chan and YouTube. I want to clarify some things.

-Yes, I was wrong about the Grinch Leak but I wasn't connected with Sabi yet at the time. Proof of this can be found here by looking at the date of when Sabi "crash landed" in the Geno thread :

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-259#post-22661258

-Yes, the private Discord knew about Banjo in April. Proof of this can be found here in both of my posts on this page:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-905#post-23244076

The current intel at the time was that not only Banjo was coming but he would be coming with at least one of the following: RARE Replay for Switch, the Masterchief Collection, and/or a Banjo Remaster.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

We did take it with a grain of salt, you empty tube of cookie dough. Almost nobody here treated it as 100% real. Even the people who were on team real were like "I'm gonna wait and see how things turn out" hindsight is 20/20 to be sure, but based on the information available at the time, it was fine to lean more towards real. Cut it with the whole "I was right the entire time" schtick

However, I do think that a few people were getting a little too attached when sabi started saying it's most likely fake. At that point it's time to stop:yeahboi:

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Someone has managed to recreate that cacodemon hat, but it looks low quality
http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/485255065
Yeah again, it seems like they just can't get the inner part right. It's a nice recreation, though. Kind of want to see someone take a crack at recreating the Mallow hat.

Well I can only speak for myself, but I wasn't so vain as to claim it was 100% legit. I will take the L on stuff like this being near impossible, though.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Because my name is coming up more on 4chan and YouTube. I want to clarify some things.

-Yes, I was wrong about the Grinch Leak but I wasn't connected with Sabi yet at the time. Proof of this can be found here by looking at the date of when Sabi "crash landed" in the Geno thread :

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-259#post-22661258

-Yes, the private Discord knew about Banjo in April. Proof of this can be found here in both of my posts on this page:

https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-905#post-23244076

The current intel at the time was that not only Banjo was coming but he would be coming with at least one of the following: RARE Replay for Switch, the Masterchief Collection, and/or a Banjo Remaster.
If you wanted to prove your creds, why didn't you just list that time you predicted an extra announcement in the Sept. Direct aside from Banjo and Terry? I legit thought you were talking out of your ass when you said something else would get announced aside from the heap of Smash content we were already expecting and you dunked on me to the highest degree.

D

Deleted member

you empty tube of cookie dough.

Also, since things are pretty slow as of late, I'm going to throw a totally pointless story out for anyone who cares. I do a lot of mobile browsing here and typically only post during work hours because my job tends to be slow and the environment is relaxed, so I have an easy to use PC (compared to the one at home, which isn't right now thanks to a variety of situations related to moving). I use Brave as my mobile browser and for whatever reason, it doesn't agree with Smashboards insofar as viewing images or making posts goes, so if I do feel the need to post, I have to switch over to the mobile version of Firefox, which is probably the worst browsing experience on a phone. I tend to close it right afterwards, so every time I open it up, it's on the page of my last post, which, at the worst, is maybe a week apart, but there's always five to twenty entirely new pages every time, as well.

It's just fun to think that in such little time, we cover a lot of ground. It isn't always related to Geno, but we have a good time regardless.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I feel horrible, so I'm going to go sleep for like a day. I'll probably wake up to some big development, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom