• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
So, a couple of things came to mind earlier today.

1. If DOOM Slayer ends up being revealed as the de-facto 5th DLC fighter of the current Fighters Pass, I'll be more convinced that there was more to DOOM Eternal's delay than simply ensuring an enjoyable gaming experience. This is only speculation on my end but, perhaps DOOM Eternal's delay could have been due to Id Software/Bethesda lending some resources to Sakura and co. for making DOOM Slayer's Challenger Pack (character model, moves, stage, music tracks, spirits, classic mode).

2. If Geno is to be revealed soon (maybe after the 5th DLC fighter is revealed at the end of Terry's presentation, or later on), I could expect a SMRPG release on the SNES NSO library as well.

link2702

Smash Champion
Hey I thought of a neat way to thank sakurai if geno gets in if everyone is willing to do it.

Delete all your smrpg files so you can start a new file on each, from top to bottom spell out

Thank
You
Masahiro
Sakurai

Then take a picture and send it to him. Ideally if you’re like me and grew up with the original on an actual snes, take a picture with it on the original hardware. Obviously if you’re hesitant of having yourself in it, maybe find some way to do it without you standing in view.

Regardless I think this would be a unique way to thank him for finally getting geno in.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
2. If Geno is to be revealed soon (maybe after the 5th DLC fighter is revealed at the end of Terry's presentation, or later on), I could expect a SMRPG release on the SNES NSO library as well.
Oh my god, galaxy brain time.
- Doomguy is revealed during the VGAs
- Comes out sometime in February
- Nintendo Direct happens on March 9th
- Super Mario RPG and other games come to NSO that day
- Geno is revealed for Smash
- Geno drops on May 13th
March 9th and May 13th are when Super Mario RPG was released in Japan and the US, respectively.
IT'S THE PERFECT CRIME!

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I really hope they don't va geno, that sounds so cursed.

Like what would they do with his mouth? It's like a nutcracker's.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I asked this before some time ago, but who do you think should voice Geno if he makes it into Smash Bros. Ultimate?
I don’t have an exact voice actor for this because I’m not too knowledgeable about VA stuff, but all I want him to sound like is an older, wise wizard type, like Gandalf or Dumbledore. The irony of such a badass voice coming from a tiny wooden puppet would be amazing.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Let's all pray that Geno's Mii costume is nowhere to be seen in the presentation tomorrow.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
I hope to never see Geno's Mii again, unless its with himself as a fighter!

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I really hope they don't va geno, that sounds so cursed.

Like what would they do with his mouth? It's like a nutcracker's.

Y'all can pry Xander Mobus voicing Geno from my cold, dead hands
This is the way to go for Geno’s voice

slopdop

Smash Cadet
By the way, have they revealed where the English version of the presentation will be viewed at?
I believe Youtube has already got some scheduled streams in other languages ready for tomorrow morning. Struggling to find a link for the English one atm.
Nintendo's Twitch channel though has updated their offline image for Terry's presentation.
Also holy cow 1650 already?! What a week!

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
This is the way to go for Geno’s voice
That might just be worse tbh. Giving him a real dynamic mouth would look so jarring juxtaposed against everything else. So many characters on the roster don't talk so why does he need to?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The fact that even Sabi and their source is stumped on this one is kind of funny. Think about it. There were so many times when we got an answer to something odd/hopeful happening and we got either a yes or no from it. Now its just "Well....Hmmm...I don't know!?"

Mallow and Cacodemon are Unbreakable!

EDIT: WOOT 1650!

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That might just be worse tbh. Giving him a real dynamic mouth would look so jarring juxtaposed against everything else. So many characters on the roster don't talk so why does he need to?
Well, he canonically has a real, dynamic mouth in his SMRPG sprites, so I wouldn't rule something like that out, voice or not.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Well, he canonically has a real, dynamic mouth in his SMRPG sprites, so I wouldn't rule something like that out, voice or not.
I fully expect Geno just to make wood clanking sounds

Griselda

Smash Lord
I think Geno not being voiced would be weird, considering all of his dialogue in SMRPG. At the very least, he should make vocal grunts and shouts.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
This was most likely brought up in this thread but...

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 6.30.28 PM.png

Any chance this means we're getting a 2nd Bonus Fighter? Assuming the recent leak is real and how the presentation isn't going to show the last DLC fighter for the 1st pass (no dlc 5 reveal, but still no mention of bonus dlc), Geno could be revealed as a new Bonus Fighter for NSO Members while Doom Guy can be saved for the VGAs reveal. Bonus Fighters are individual / separate from the Fighters Pass so I could see Sakurai getting away with revealing Geno. And as for Doom Guy / Slayer, a Western character like him would be perfect to reveal for the VGAs this year.

Whatever happens we'll find out in a couple of hours, but I wish the Geno fans good luck to finally getting their character.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I think Geno not being voiced would be weird, considering all of his dialogue in SMRPG. At the very least, he should make vocal grunts and shouts.
Bowser makes dinosaur sounds and DK makes realistic gorilla sounds

Needless to say this is not indicative of how they sound in their respective games

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what you mean. I just took a look at the sprite list again and the only open mouth one I saw stays within the grooves/lines. If you have something I missed though I'd like to see it because I don't remember that being the case but it has been a while.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Hey all. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I think tomorrow’s direct is so long because I think that fighter stick that Sakurai has will not only be good for Terry but it will also somehow benefit the other fighters as well. So he’ll showcase what the stick will do for every character. That should cover most of the time. And then hopefully he’ll show the costumes that we need to fall in line with leaks that support Geno.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm not sure what you mean. I just took a look at the sprite list again and the only open mouth one I saw stays within the grooves/lines. If you have something I missed though I'd like to see it because I don't remember that being the case but it has been a while.
His laughing sprite actually goes pretty wide with his mouth, whereas his angry sprite actually shows white around his mouth that does not belong to his eyes, implicating angry anime fangs?? It's really weird, but it's also pretty cute rofl.

Then again, it is pretty hard to tell when the sprites are so gotdang tiny.

EDIT: Also, that NSO offer thing? Interdasting...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was most likely brought up in this thread but...

View attachment 245354

Any chance this means we're getting a 2nd Bonus Fighter? Assuming the recent leak is real and how the presentation isn't going to show the last DLC fighter for the 1st pass (no dlc 5 reveal, but still no mention of bonus dlc), Geno could be revealed as a new Bonus Fighter for NSO Members while Doom Guy can be saved for the VGAs reveal. Bonus Fighters are individual / separate from the Fighters Pass so I could see Sakurai getting away with revealing Geno. And as for Doom Guy / Slayer, a Western character like him would be perfect to reveal for the VGAs this year.

Whatever happens we'll find out in a couple of hours, but I wish the Geno fans good luck to finally getting their character.
That's just for some Classic tickets and Gold points. Nothing to note at all and it's nothing that points towards a character getting in at all.

As NintendoVS said we aren't going to get any new characters revealed. The best I'm expecting is either them confirming a Smash Direct in December or them going over details for post-pass DLC without exactly saying who is in it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
His laughing sprite actually goes pretty wide with his mouth, whereas his angry sprite actually shows white around his mouth that does not belong to his eyes, implicating angry anime fangs?? It's really weird, but it's also pretty cute rofl.

Speaking of Geno speaking, if he were the same voice as Donkey from Shrek, then there is no point telling Geno he has the right to remain silent.

Because what he lacks is the capacity. (Another Shrek 2 reference, sorry, but I had to).

Griselda

Smash Lord

Because of SMRPG's tiny sprites, I spent a lot of time thinking Mallow was perfectly round, like a Kirby with pants and hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom