• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
:mad088::ghost088: :pumpkin:HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY! GO GET FREE CANDY AND GET SMASHED!:pumpkin::ghost088::mad088:

We should start the betting pool for Fighter #5 and costume reveals since Terry's release is coming soon.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Speaking of costumes, which costumes would you want
I would like a Freddy fazbear mii costume so we can have him.

Freddy Undertale

D

Deleted member

Why you little...
♪ ♫ He can funpost
when he needs to
and stretch the truth out
just for you
inflate the facts just like a baloon
this crazy guy
just digs this thread♪ ♫

:mad088::ghost088: :pumpkin:HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY! GO GET FREE CANDY AND GET SMASHED!:pumpkin::ghost088::mad088:

We should start the betting pool for Fighter #5 and costume reveals since Terry's release is coming soon.
Terry Costumes:
Iori
Geese
Marco
Fio

Fighter 5:
Geno

Ovaltine

Smash Master
TWO more placeholder slots suddenly added? That is nuts! I wonder if we really will be seeing them at the end of the year... even if their releases will be more far out and into 2020...

Ahh, this time last year, we were destroyed by Geno not coming in the final Direct, but things may just come full circle. Expect the worst, hope for the best is what I'm sticking to.

Firox

Smash Master
TWO more placeholder slots suddenly added? That is nuts! I wonder if we really will be seeing them at the end of the year... even if their releases will be more far out and into 2020...

Ahh, this time last year, we were destroyed by Geno not coming in the final Direct, but things may just come full circle. Expect the worst, hope for the best is what I'm sticking to.
Wait, WHERE were these placeholders added? I don't see any extras on the Smash Bros website.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Wait, WHERE were these placeholders added? I don't see any extras on the Smash Bros website.
It's apparently somewhere in the coding. There are also files for the new slots called 'ChallengerBlade' in reference to the element. Some people seem to be taking it as a codename (Blade), but I doubt it rofl. (Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Lloyd was DLC5.)

Hnnng, the closer we get to Terry's release and DLC5's unveiling, the more nervous I get. If Geno isn't in, I hope they rip the bandage sooner rather than later, otherwise I'll wait however long it takes to get our boy!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I think OffBi might be my favorite ****poster
Am I a joke to you?
GenoFatty.png
GenoDab.png
Genos.png
Genoker.png
GenoWoman.png
GenoBirb.png
Genoshi.png
GenoThinking.png

Speaking of costumes, which costumes would you want
I would like a Freddy fazbear mii costume so we can have him.

Freddy Undertale
How about no.
Terry Costumes:
Iori
Geese
Marco
Fio

Fighter 5:
Geno
As I mentioned earlier:
Mai Shirunai (Brawler)
Geese Howard (Brawler)
Martian from Metal Slug (Gunner)
Jacky (Brawler)
Akira (Brawler)
Heihachi (Brawler)

D

Deleted member

Ok, so this made me go check the code myself. First, this is only in the code for the page where you can buy the DLC. It lines up with the screenshots provided in the resetera thread, but here's some facts:

Before, every character was contained in a <div> tag that was given an ID of the character's name. Now, they have enclosed each character in an additional <div> tag given a class "challengerBlade". This is extremely unlikely to be a codename, and there are not extra slots added to the website unless I'm overlooking them. There are four challengerBlade class divs that contain the three available fighters, and one for Piranha Plant.

However, this is probably an upgrade to the code to make it easier to add and move DLC characters as they are added. They might be adding some kind of feature to hide certain "blades" of characters, like putting them into accordion boxes or something.

tl;dr this is actually a false alarm, there are no additional "slots" on the website just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
The thing is though when people bring up the smash bubble/“”silent majority”” its to push the idea that the tastes of the majority of people who own Smash somehow greatly differ from what people in the “Smash bubble” want. But if anything this is an example of how there are people out there that aren’t really discussing Smash in a visible way that are backing “niche” characters like Geno that people wave off as being Smash bubble picks and supposedly not what the majority want. This is evidence that just because a person isn’t hooked into Smash speculation they can still appreciate and like non-mainstream character.
That's very true. I wasn't trying to argue against that possibility just reiterating that these silent opinions do matter.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

Only if I can use all the Genobucks I've earned in this thread instead of real monies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
lock
6 costumes
Geese
Iori
Mai
Two of the 3 missing fighters
//////
maybe
The third missing fighter
The other notable people to Terry like joe Andy or kyo
Marco as a gunner

I'll call Lloyd or a bamco rep for 5, but I'll still keep the camera running in case geno shows his face and I recommend you all do as well

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm rather cautious about Lloyd as far as Bandai Namco reps are concerned. I know he's been wanted since the Brawl days, but I fear the game designers would've found him redundant in the wake of the Dragon Quest heroes and the already massive dislike of additional swordfighters with any hint of anime aesthetics. KOS-MOS at least has the benefit of not being potentially moveset redundant since she's based more on armaments and artillery as opposed to blades. That, and Level 5 shouldn't be left out of discussions given that they're the last really big Japanese gaming company with any close ties to Nintendo left that doesn't have any content of theirs in.

slopdop

Smash Cadet
Happy Halloween all! :pumpkin::drflip:
I'm really excited for Terry Bogard! Been watching a legacy series over the past couple weeks of Fatal Fury and King of Fighters and I'm so eager to try him out and to see what his games & company bring to Smash Bros altogether! His stage looks really great too!
As for Fighter Pass character #5 I really don't know what to expect but I'm pretty much expecting it at VGA but it would be amazing if it was #6 revealed there instead and #5 gets revealed before then.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I'm rather cautious about Lloyd as far as Bandai Namco reps are concerned. I know he's been wanted since the Brawl days, but I fear the game designers would've found him redundant in the wake of the Dragon Quest heroes and the already massive dislike of additional swordfighters with any hint of anime aesthetics. KOS-MOS at least has the benefit of not being potentially moveset redundant since she's based more on armaments and artillery as opposed to blades. That, and Level 5 shouldn't be left out of discussions given that they're the last really big Japanese gaming company with any close ties to Nintendo left that doesn't have any content of theirs in.
Where does Level 5 fit into this if I may ask?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Curious if they're going to do the same thing for Terry that they did with Joker. Having a video out of no where with out warning.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
1. He wouldnt have the magic abilities of Hero (at least I think so, i didnt get as far as i wanted in the game since my crt essentialy bit the dust)

2. TWO Swords

3. Most if not all of his moves could be based around techniques and abilities that come with dual wielding

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
1. He wouldnt have the magic abilities of Hero (at least I think so, i didnt get as far as i wanted in the game since my crt essentialy bit the dust)

2. TWO Swords

3. Most if not all of his moves could be based around techniques and abilities that come with dual wielding
BuT mUh AnImE SwOrDsMaN :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

That depends, do you mean actual dual wielding or "holy crap awesome jedi wow!" dual wielding techniques? Because the first is kind of slow paced whereas the latter is every sword fighter in the game already.

It's a darn shame they didn't add him back in Brawl or Smash 4 when myself and many others would have welcomed him, but now he really is just going to end up being another uninspired swordsman. Not the way I'd want to see the fighters pass ended even knowing that we have more DLC coming down the pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
It's a darn shame they didn't add him back in Brawl or Smash 4 when myself and many others would have welcomed him, but now he really is just going to end up being another uninspired swordsman.
I've never understood this sentiment. Why would you be ok with a character only if they joined the roster in a specific time period? What would have changed between then and now that would have made your problems with him go away?

D

Deleted member

I've never understood this sentiment. Why would you be ok with a character only if they joined the roster in a specific time period? What would have changed between then and now that would have made your problems with him go away?
For me? Let's see...
Brawl:
Marth
Ike

Now:
Marth
Lucina
Roy
Chrom
Ike
Corrin

and just so that I'm not just dunking on FE:

Shulk
Hero
Every Link ever

It's just over saturated and I can't see him bringing something unique anymore. I've said before that back in Brawl speculation I thought Lloyd would have been super cool, but I'm just not warm on him anymore.

Firox

Smash Master
"holy crap awesome jedi wow!" dual wielding techniques
LOL I've never quite heard them described like THAT before, but since you invoked the word "jedi", I have to ask:

We talking Ahsoka Tano-style dual wielding or pansy Anakin Attack-of-the-Clones-style dual wielding? Both were "holy crap awesome jedi wow" until the latter ended with an abrupt loss of said Jedi's arms...

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
Curious if they're going to do the same thing for Terry that they did with Joker. Having a video out of no where with out warning.
Also, maybe they could announce a mini smash direct of only some minutes to show the next fighter, like the one they did to reveal the starter Pokemon in Sword and Shield.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom