• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
I wonder who this “end times” character is? I’m thinking Waluigi, Jonesy, Tracer,
GOKU :ultpacman:
ROFLMAO OK, you win. Goku would be the PERFECT troll/pleasant surprise character. I honestly couldn't think of one until I saw this. Imagine Sakurai breaking his ONE unbreakable rule.

"No anime characters EVER! Video games only, you hear!?......and to end the DLC, I give you......GOKU! AHAHAHAHAHAHA"

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I did really love the DQ Mii costumes we got.

More so the Slime hat and Veronica suit.
The DQ costumes came with a "fighter" costume that I used, along with Isaac's hair to make a Super Saiyan Goku Brawler. I even gave him the high-pitched Japanese voice for hilarity.

Mii Fighters are fun.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I can definitely see Geno being Fighter 6. It would be one incredibly big way to start the next season with arguably the most discussed/talked about character in Smash speculation.

Firox

Smash Master
The DQ costumes came with a "fighter" costume that I used, along with Isaac's hair to make a Super Saiyan Goku Brawler. I even gave him the high-pitched Japanese voice for hilarity.

Mii Fighters are fun.
That's pretty clever to make a super saiyan with Isaac's hair. lol But wouldn't that make him look more like Teen Gohan than Goku?

EDIT: BTW, is your profile pic wearing the Rebel Alliance symbol on that shirt?

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I think #5 will go over well. All the names I've heard may not be often requested but all signs right now point to the bonus characters being mostly on par with Banjo in terms of fanservice. Yeah, there could still be curve balls (including one potential one that might as well be a sign of the End Times) but currently it looks like Sakurai was very serious of bringing in more fan requests for wrapping up the roster. That said, I really wouldn't stress the coming days too much.
On par with Banjo in terms of fanservice? You sure about that? Not saying it couldn't happen, but Banjo's a pretty tough act to follow, not many characters really come close to that level of demand. The only kinds of characters that I think come close are Crash, Geno, Isaac... maybe Waluigi for the sheer meme of it... Yeah, very few choices, really. I guess Shantae, Shovel Knight, Steve/Alex, Sora, and Shadow would be pretty high up there as well.

In terms of characters that few are asking for but would enjoy, someone like Lara Croft, a Valve character (I'd wager Chell), a Sony character (either Ratchet & Clank or Kratos), a Resident Evil character (Jill, Leon or Nemesis), maybe a character from a lesser known series, like Marina Lightyears or Gex.

And as for curve balls, the only ones that would be tounge-in-cheek end times scenarios would be Fortnite guy/gal, Freddy Fazbear, Bubsy, another Fire Emblem character (though Edelgard would at least be better received), another Pokemon character, an Overwatch character... or maybe Ashley? I have no idea honestly, very few characters really fit that criteria...

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Hey Fat, got a question for you. Based on what you've said, are the as-of-yet unnamed 4-5 characters ruminating moderately-requested characters that just haven't been showing up in any of the [fake] leaks we've gotten over the past couple months, or are they just out a different caliber than the CDGHKRT crew that has gotten massive attention lately?

Completely understand if you can't answer

EDIT: And maybe a "duh" question that I also understand if you can't answer, but it's all 3rd-party characters, right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On par with Banjo in terms of fanservice? You sure about that? Not saying it couldn't happen, but Banjo's a pretty tough act to follow, not many characters really come close to that level of demand. The only kinds of characters that I think come close are Crash, Geno, Isaac... maybe Waluigi for the sheer meme of it... Yeah, very few choices, really. I guess Shantae, Shovel Knight, Steve/Alex, Sora, and Shadow would be pretty high up there as well.
Welp, looks like we're getting Geno and Isaac and Shantae and... Everyone really is here, huh?

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , dont wanna bother you but I have a couple questions I wanted to ask if you dont mind answering.

1. What do you mean by end times? As in for Ultimate or Smash as a whole, or something else entirely?

2. If youre able to talk about this, has there been anything seriously heard about possible assist promotions?

3. Are fourth paty characters actually a possiblity now?

Grumbo

Smash Ace

In terms of characters that few are asking for but would enjoy, someone like Lara Croft, a Valve character (I'd wager Chell), a Sony character (either Ratchet & Clank or Kratos), a Resident Evil character (Jill, Leon or Nemesis), maybe a character from a lesser known series, like Marina Lightyears or Gex.

And as for curve balls, the only ones that would be tounge-in-cheek end times scenarios would be Fortnite guy/gal, Freddy Fazbear, Bubsy, another Fire Emblem character (though Edelgard would at least be better received), another Pokemon character, an Overwatch character... or maybe Ashley? I have no idea honestly, very few characters really fit that criteria...
God I hope they do assist upgrades. The characters I’d get hyped for the most other than Geno are stuck in snowglobe hell.
It seems that Nov 1st is when Terry is releasing
What makes you say that?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is this because the Spirit event that was announced lists SNK in copyrights when no other spirit event post-Sep 4 has done so?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
God geno Isaac and waluigi would be incredible but that not often requested bit is what I'm hung up on, this is really starting to mess with me. What could be banjo tier with the community and not have been requested?
God I hope they do assist upgrades. The characters I’d get hyped for the most other than Geno are stuck in snowglobe hell.
This is great, I'm borrowing this.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Gonna need a little more, chief.

That's pretty clever to make a super saiyan with Isaac's hair. lol But wouldn't that make him look more like Teen Gohan than Goku?

EDIT: BTW, is your profile pic wearing the Rebel Alliance symbol on that shirt?
Why yes, that is the Rebel Alliance symbol on my character's shirt.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
OffBi OffBi , are you referring to the discord chat about the 11/1/2018 thing? First, the year is wrong AND all the DLC fighters have 11/1/2018 as the release date. So that discussion means nothing.

Firox

Smash Master
LOL "Snowglobe hell?" I love it. Quick, somebody get us Krampus memes in here ASAP!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
How the hell is "people wouldn't be surprised" an argument against a smash reveal at tga? The surprise isn't the fact that a character is revealed, it's what character it is. Were all the characters revealed at e3 or in Nintendo directs shocking venues? All that matters is that a huge audience will be watching. Who at Nintendo gives a **** whether or not people think smash will be there?

Grumbo

Smash Ace
God geno Isaac and waluigi would be incredible but that not often requested bit is what I'm hung up on, this is really starting to mess with me. What could be banjo tier with the community and not have been requested?

This is great, I'm borrowing this.
Im not sure if he said that specifically that one would be Banjo tier but I really cant think of anything either. A fully playable master hand? Sakurai himself?

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I think #5 will go over well. All the names I've heard may not be often requested but all signs right now point to the bonus characters being mostly on par with Banjo in terms of fanservice. Yeah, there could still be curve balls (including one potential one that might as well be a sign of the End Times) but currently it looks like Sakurai was very serious of bringing in more fan requests for wrapping up the roster. That said, I really wouldn't stress the coming days too much.
Don’t answer this if you’re not allowed to, but has there been talks of first party characters and/or assist trophy upgrades?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Something as big as Banjo's reveal? the only thing that I think could overcome that would be Geno or assist trophies being playable

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Im not sure if he said that specifically that one would be Banjo tier but I really cant think of anything either. A fully playable master hand? Sakurai himself?
"All the names I've heard may not be often requested but all signs right now point to the bonus characters being mostly on par with Banjo in terms of fanservice"

Either I've misread the post and he's refering to #5 and the bonus dlc separately or were in for the craziest speculation period in history.

Firox

Smash Master
I can't wait for Geno to get in so I can weave a tapestry of obscenities to express my utter joy and delight. :bluejump:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
For those who don't know, there is the SNK copyright at the bottom of the new spirit event page (funny that the SNK copyright shows up at a spirit event involving swordfighters and doesn't involve a Samurai Shodown character) so it looks like we're getting Terry soon!

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
For those who don't know, there is the SNK copyright at the bottom of the new spirit event page (funny that the SNK copyright shows up at a spirit event involving swordfighters and doesn't involve a Samurai Shodown character) so it looks like we're getting Terry soon!
Yeah, this is what I meant everyone

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
On par with Banjo in terms of fanservice? You guys know what this means...

Frogfucius confirmed baby! :ultpacman:

OffBi

Smash Ace
OffBi OffBi , are you referring to the discord chat about the 11/1/2018 thing? First, the year is wrong AND all the DLC fighters have 11/1/2018 as the release date. So that discussion means nothing.
No I didn't, I was talking about the spirit event

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Well that's good to hear if true. Fifth fighter not being a requested character is believable, definitely seems like it's going to be a third party character that Sakurai personally likes just like majority of this Fighters Pass.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well if Terry is out on the 1st then were running out of time for them to announce somthing. What has been the average notice for stuff recently?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey Fat, got a question for you. Based on what you've said, are the as-of-yet unnamed 4-5 characters ruminating moderately-requested characters that just haven't been showing up in any of the [fake] leaks we've gotten over the past couple months, or are they just out a different caliber than the CDGHKRT crew that has gotten massive attention lately?

Completely understand if you can't answer

EDIT: And maybe a "duh" question that I also understand if you can't answer, but it's all 3rd-party characters, right?
I would say that a vast majority of them haven't been part of the "popular rumors." When I say "popular", I mean the ones that have gone on to get coverage from major gaming news outlets. For example, if a character has popped up in the Google article feed, they're probably not on it. That's kind of the beauty of it. Nobody is arguably overhyped or 100% expected. It's a nice mix of ambiguity while still checking off check marks on a good number of wish lists.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I would say that a vast majority of them haven't been part of the "popular rumors." When I say "popular", I mean the ones that have gone on to get coverage from major gaming news outlets. For example, if a character has popped up in the Google article feed, they're probably not on it. That's kind of the beauty. Nobody is arguably overhyped or 100% expected. It's a nice mix of ambiguity while still checking off check marks on a good number of wish lists.
Based off of this, I assume Doom isn't coming, and my interest in smaller characters like Quote and the Heavy is piqued. A post-FP 5 speculation scene sounds wild, and I'm honestly pumped for it.

-Sandbag
-Playable Switch or Nintendo console of some kind
-Playable final destination
-A tiny Master Hand?

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , dont wanna bother you but I have a couple questions I wanted to ask if you dont mind answering.

1. What do you mean by end times? As in for Ultimate or Smash as a whole, or something else entirely?

2. If youre able to talk about this, has there been anything seriously heard about possible assist promotions?

3. Are fourth paty characters actually a possiblity now?
There is a few characters that i thought about that were not really mainstreamed and perhaps wouldn't necessarily be not well received. Characters like
Joe & Mac
Marina Liteyear
Chuck Rock
Im still on a Fatal Frame character would be niceeeeeee Mayu and Mio

Pics or it didnt happen. lol jk

Is there a tweet or something that i can see please? To verify this claim.

BZocky

Smash Ace
“a sign of the End Times”
Waaait... The way the E and T in ‘End Times’ are capitalized... E and T... E.T...

16D23C87-D7D7-4D82-AF81-A68B7C4248BB.png

yeah I’m thinking he’s home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom