• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think #5 will go over well. All the names I've heard may not be often requested but all signs right now point to the bonus characters being mostly on par with Banjo in terms of fanservice. Yeah, there could still be curve balls (including one potential one that might as well be a sign of the End Times) but currently it looks like Sakurai was very serious of bringing in more fan requests for wrapping up the roster. That said, I really wouldn't stress the coming days too much.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think #5 will go over well. All the names I've heard may not be often requested but all signs right now point to the bonus characters being mostly on par with Banjo in terms of fanservice. Yeah, there could still be curve balls (including one potential one that might as well be a sign of the End Times) but currently it looks like Sakurai was very serious of bringing in more fan requests for wrapping up the roster. That said, I really wouldn't stress the coming days too much.
You read it here first folks, we’re getting Bubsy the Bobcat.

D

Deleted member

pardon me while I blow this entirely out of proportion

WE DID IT LADS

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Weird, I feel like Lucas loses the Mewtwo matchup because I'm getting pressured constantly - and not psychologically. He hits like a freight train and doesn't die anywhere near as early as advertised.

Honestly I'd be thrilled if Geno was like Mewtwo. There's a lot I don't like about Mewtwo but there's a lot of his kit I envy.
I always imagine a hybrid of Shiek/Robin to be the best way to represent Geno but if Geno isn't as floaty as Mewtwo, I would love this playstyle.

Yeah, there could still be curve balls (including one potential one that might as well be a sign of the End Time)
End times being good timeline or bad timeline? I don't want to be left with another Piranha Plant moment again. Please spare my feelings and curb my expectations if you can.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I always imagine a hybrid of Shiek/Robin to be the best way to represent Geno but if Geno isn't as floaty as Mewtwo, I would love this playstyle.
it's probably weird for someone who mains Lucas to have trouble with that aspect of Mewtwo, but yeah, actually. I can't stand how he lives on the moon compared to everyone else. Sheik/Robin would be really neat, as long as he doesn't run out of ammo... Unless his normals are so good that I don't care if he runs out of ammo.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
it's probably weird for someone who mains Lucas to have trouble with that aspect of Mewtwo, but yeah, actually. I can't stand how he lives on the moon compared to everyone else. Sheik/Robin would be really neat, as long as he doesn't run out of ammo... Unless his normals are so good that I don't care if he runs out of ammo.
Well if he is part Shiek, he probably wont be killing anyone any time soon lol

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I like where this is going. From what you're saying, sounds like #5 should be a good one. As for the potential bonus character that could be the "sign of the end times", that sounds like the character could blow up the internet even further than Banjo and Ridley did when they got revealed.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
If there is anything that I could have seen today that would have given me hope and excitement for the future, it was this one particular paragraph. Oh ho ho, I wonder what's going to happen soon . . . . :ultduckhunt:

D

Deleted member

Well if he is part Shiek, he probably wont be killing anyone any time soon lol
Sheik's usmash is really nice, and if people would stop falling out of the fsmash, that'd be a problem solved. Sheik is only a few changes away from being a super threatening character again.

But, you know, when you say Sheik/Robin, we come to Robin for the damage output and the projectiles and the levin sword. Sheik for the weight and the fast fall and the quick legs.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Yes it did originally come from a video game. It came from the critically acclaimed title "Half Eaten Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Adventures on Polar Bear Island" for the PS1.
Finally my favorite PS1 game will get representation. I've been wanting this since Smash on N64:4pacman:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
End times being good timeline or bad timeline? I don't want to be left with another Piranha Plant moment again. Please spare my feelings and curb my expectations if you can.
In a good way like "HAHA, Oh wow... I never would have considered that!" That said, it's just a name that's come up and most people don't take it super seriously to begin with but, unlike PP, I think people would see it as trolly in a good way. It's a stretch but I'm putting it out there that there's probably going to be at least one character that people weren't counting on.

D

Deleted member

In a good way like "HAHA, Oh wow... I never would have considered that!" That said, it's just a name that's come up and most people don't take it super seriously to begin with but, unlike PP, I think people would see it as trolly in a good way. It's a stretch but I'm putting it out there that there's probably going to be at least one character that people weren't counting on.
Ah, I see even Waluigi is going to join the battle. Truly the Ultimate way to usher in the WAHpocalypse.

Also just to bring it up, I've had a feeling that you or others in your circle have known with give or take 99% certainty who #5 is for at least as long as SNK was leaked. You don't have to answer yes or no to that, but when the time comes that you can, I'd love to know if I was right on that feeling.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I just don't want the worst time line to hit me out of no where again. It might be even worse if in the event mouse ears are involved. I really couldn't take that kind of blow.

I understand you cant say much but it would really help me out if you found a way to be specific as possible. Is my personal hell a reality and does our guy stand a chance? My mental health with this stuff is really terrible. I need closure or to prepare in case worst case scenario happens.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Weird, I feel like Lucas loses the Mewtwo matchup because I'm getting pressured constantly - and not psychologically. He hits like a freight train and doesn't die anywhere near as early as advertised.

Honestly I'd be thrilled if Geno was like Mewtwo. There's a lot I don't like about Mewtwo but there's a lot of his kit I envy.
It depends on the Mewtwo, to be honest. Most play him defensively, but he can definitely be aggressive if you want him to be. I, for one, love to pressure by throwing a small shadow ball and then running behind it for my approach. You'd be surprised how many options that tactic covers. If they throw a projectile of their own, my SB cancels it and then I get a free hit/grab. If they shield the SB, I get a free grab. If they short hop, I can up tilt combo easily. If they spot dodge or roll the SB, I can still get a free dash attack or down tilt into fair.

Basically, I agree, Mewtwo has some fun kit options, but I don't see Geno sharing a lot of them simply because Geno would be shorter, likely heavier, and have faster projectiles.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
You know, it's funny, because I can't think of anything that would fit this specific category... But I can think of one thing I remember seeing one of those 'text leaks' bring up in recent weeks that almost certainly could fit (though if it did, it would entirely be a coincidence, I'm sure):

Wouldn't it be somethin' if the troll-y character being referred to was a fighting character from the Smash prototype, Dragon King? It's out of nowhere, it's silly, it comes full circle and references the initial origins of this incredible franchise, and it evokes that kind of feeling of "Ha ha haaaa, ohhh, Sakurai" without being like "oh, well, great, now a Goomba's playable".

D

Deleted member

You know, it's funny, because I can't think of anything that would fit this specific category... But I can think of one thing I remember seeing one of those 'text leaks' bring up in recent weeks that almost certainly could fit (though if it did, it would entirely be a coincidence, I'm sure):

Wouldn't it be somethin' if the troll-y character being referred to was a fighting character from the Smash prototype, Dragon King? It's out of nowhere, it's silly, it comes full circle and references the initial origins of this incredible franchise, and it evokes that kind of feeling of "Ha ha haaaa, ohhh, Sakurai" without being like "oh, well, great, now a Goomba's playable".
I've thought that before, but all of those guys were just Captain Falcon. I guess he's in need of an echo fighter, though...

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Is it .... Burger Time? ;)

Firox

Smash Master
I feel like using the words "trolly" or "most people don't take it super seriously" sounds more LIKE PP than NOT like PP. I honestly can't imagine a character that would be "trolly in a good way". Either they're hype in a general sense or they're "Really Sakurai? OoooKaaaay" that a relatively small group will worship while the rest of us simmer in disappointment. That said, I'm not trying to over-dissect your post or be pessimistic or anything, just me thinking out loud.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Well ****, we now need a list of characters we never thought of but would give that kind of reaction

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ah, I see even Waluigi is going to join the battle. Truly the Ultimate way to usher in the WAHpocalypse.

Also just to bring it up, I've had a feeling that you or others in your circle have known with give or take 99% certainty who #5 is for at least as long as SNK was leaked. You don't have to answer yes or no to that, but when the time comes that you can, I'd love to know if I was right on that feeling.
No, we don't. Nobody's been covering that up. Nobody really knows who it will be and all we have is a pool of who it could be, with people having their own guesses one way or the other, admittably steered by their own wants.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If that's the case, then BRING IT ON

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
All of my most wanted characters are fan favorite requests (Some of the big ones at that). This gives me a lot of hope.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
*Crosses fingers and sits on the floor while rocking back and forth repeating "please be Sirfetch'd! Please be Sirfetch'd..."*

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Frogger Leaps into Battle!

I'll laugh any of the fighters will be from some classic arcade games like PacMan.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just don't want the worst time line to hit me out of no where again. It might be even worse if in the event mouse ears are involved. I really couldn't take that kind of blow.

I understand you cant say much but it would really help me out if you found a way to be specific as possible. Is my personal hell a reality and does our guy stand a chance? My mental health with this stuff is really terrible. I need closure or to prepare in case worst case scenario happens.
I've been honest in how the consensus is mostly positive and how more people would be surprised if he didn't make it than did. My current thoughts are that he's going to be #7 or possibly #6 but I'm not counting on him being #5.

D

Deleted member

I feel like using the words "trolly" or "most people don't take it super seriously" sounds more LIKE PP than NOT like PP. I honestly can't imagine a character that would "trolly in a good way". Either they're hype in a general sense or they're "Really Sakurai? OoooKaaaay" that a relatively small group will worship while the rest of us simmer in disappointment. That said, I'm not trying to over-dissect your post or be pessimistic or anything, just me thinking out loud.
I mean, I've said before, as long as we get Geno, they can put the "PRESS START" text from virtually every NES game in as a playable fighter and I will not give a damn. I feel like if there's another character Sakurai wants to troll us with, it'll be the last one, and after he's satisfied so many fan demands, who'll be left to be mad about it?

No, we don't. Nobody's been covering that up. Nobody really knows who it will be and all we have is a pool of who it could be, with people having their own guesses one way or the other, admittably steered by their own wants.
Oh... I see...

Nah, I believe you.

Well ****, we now need a list of characters we never thought of but would give that kind of reaction
Non-Specific Action Figure
Reckless Silhouette Guy
Sakurai himself
Cappy [Kirby]
Health and Safety Warning
Yamamura the Pigeon

I guess I could keep going but the list is already kind of long and I'm actually running out of characters that are either never requested or absolute jokes among the fandom.

Firox

Smash Master
I mean, I've said before, as long as we get Geno, they can put the "PRESS START" text from virtually every NES game in as a playable fighter and I will not give a damn. I feel like if there's another character Sakurai wants to troll us with, it'll be the last one, and after he's satisfied so many fan demands, who'll be left to be mad about it?
This is.....totally fair. I gotta admit, if we finally get Geno, I would have absolutely nothing to complain about.....except the online gameplay. :4pacman:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
This is.....totally fair. I gotta admit, if we finally get Geno, I would have absolutely nothing to complain about.....except the online gameplay. :4pacman:
I am in the same boat as this. Just finally bring on Geno and let's just enjoy the game, Sakurai.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Guys... just because I post a leak doesn’t mean I believe it.

Can we please stop with that mob mentality? I thought it was interesting because it mentions Scorpion, a rarely speculated character. Not because I think it’s real, jeez.

D

Deleted member

You genius, you got him. The mystery troll character is "The embodiment of lag". Every game against him is just as aneurysm inducing as the worst NetZero Samus, Ness, and Mii Brawler you've ever played combined into one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I am in the same boat as this. Just finally bring on Geno and let's just enjoy the game, Sakurai.
Same. That's also why I'm not stressing. People are arguably the most optimistic they've been this entire speculation cycle which is great it's mostly been the opposite where it was basically "eh, don't count on it" among insiders but now it's "eh, probably." I'll take it especially when so many people were so sure that Hero's release was going to be a total KO for Geno (oh no).

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Same. That's also why I'm not stressing. People are arguably the most optimistic they've been this entire speculation cycle which is great it's mostly been the opposite where it was basically "eh, don't count on it" among insiders but now it's "eh, probably." I'll take it especially when so many people were so sure that Hero's release was going to be a total KO for Geno (oh no).
It's the optimism part that has been putting me on edge.

It's such a weird feeling. I want to be hopeful and excited but I also don't want to get burned again for having hope for my most wanted character. I've spent half my life with this guy on my mind every single day in one way or another. It sounds weird but it's something I can't let go until he finally gets in.

I hope you understand why I feel sensitive about this whole thing. Even the oh no you put at the end raises flags for me and I need to know if that has any meaning. I can't help it! Lol

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I wonder who this “end times” character is? I’m thinking Waluigi, Jonesy, Tracer,
GOKU :ultpacman:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's the optimism part that has been putting me on edge.

It's such a weird feeling. I want to be hopeful and excited but I also don't want to get burned again for having hope for my most wanted character. I've spent half my life with this guy on my mind every single day in one way or another. It sounds weird but it's something I can't let go until he finally gets in.

I hope you understand why I feel sensitive about this whole thing. Even the oh no you put at the end raises flags for me and I need to know if that has any meaning. I can't help it! Lol
I put oh no because it rhymed with KO and Geno. Sorry. One thing I will say is that if the Mii costume leak wasn't a partial troll then it speaks good for Geno being on his way down the conveyor belt given when it was leaked and possible evidence for him being 5 or 6.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The (oh no) part was a good thing, since the Hero release with Mii costume was the time the Geno costume would have been released. So the people who were certain the Geno costume was going to be with Hero, they were incorrect.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I've been honest in how the consensus is mostly positive and how more people would be surprised if he didn't make it than did. My current thoughts are that he's going to be #7 or possibly #6 but I'm not counting on him being #5.
That's hope you're giving me!!!!

D

Deleted member

I did really love the DQ Mii costumes we got.

More so the Slime hat and Veronica suit.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well I was about to post a speak about how my comparison was for playstyle diversity and not trying to slight anything but this new fatman quite is far more interesting.

So the big question now is what all could be unrequested but on the same level as banjo, after all we've had multiple big characters that weren't really asked for over the years he could have compared it to like ryu or cloud but he specifically picked one that literally only got in from a massive fan push via the ballot. Nothing I can think of would fulfill both so after #5 and geno get shown off I'm VERY Interested to see what 7 is to get a grip on what were working with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom