• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
So...there's a new leak saying Reimu, KOSMOS, and Ryu Haybusa are coming to Smash...no mention of Geno :(

(the post has some trolling, like saying Corrin will be removed, but people are speculating that this might be to divert attention)

https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/gamwHjU9qo7Z-_8IO4CMHA/

If you look at the earlier posts, a guy with this same PFP correctly predicted Banjo's codename "Buddy" weeks before he was announced

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Sorry to tag you bud, but do you think you could help out with this one?

Even if this is right it does not do anything bad for Geno. It just means hes not fighter 5. So I would not worry about this to much.

So...there's a new leak saying Reimu, KOSMOS, and Ryu Haybusa are coming to Smash...no mention of Geno :(

(the post has some trolling, like saying Corrin will be removed, but people are speculating that this might be to divert attention)

If you look at the earlier posts, a guy with this same PFP correctly predicted Banjo's codename "Buddy" weeks before he was announced

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Sorry to tag you bud, but do you think you could help out with this one?
Kos-Mos would be sick ngl

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I wouldn't rely on someone's pfp, lol. Also How many people predicted banjo in their fake leaks? there is really not much else here to amuse the thought… nevermind the trolling part already, lol.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, uh, I wouldn't even bother with that. How would they even have info on three characters already anyway? I wouldn't take that too seriously.

Anyway, neat thing!

I present to you... a 1998 quiz/manga book for the Mario series titled 'スーパーマリオ わくわくゲームランド', which roughly translates into 'Super Mario's Exciting Game Land'. You may not feel much is of interest here, but... look at one of those pictures.

That's right, it's art of Geno and Mallow from the mangaka, the late Hiroshi Takase! Takase-san made a set of Super Mario-Kun comics under the PikkaPika Comics label. These are not the same as CoroCoro's Super Mario-Kun comics, and apparently, they often get confused for one another. He also made these, at the very least two volumes. It's nice to see another 'official' piece of Geno media, however small and obscure.

D

Deleted member

Those Geno pictures of him and Mallow are neat. Artist did a really great job.

Very well done!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If people in Sabi’s discord have heard 4 other characters they can’t say anything about publicly, I think the September 12th post from that 4chan guy could possibly be real, while today’s post was just a troll.

They’re an anonymous guy on 4chan, and it’s not a pfp; the most recent post could be a troll impersonating the guy.

I don’t think it hurts Geno’s chances. Though, I’d far prefer for him to be Fighter 6 or 7 if not 5.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, uh, I wouldn't even bother with that. How would they even have info on three characters already anyway? I wouldn't take that too seriously.

Anyway, neat thing!

I present to you... a 1998 quiz/manga book for the Mario series titled 'スーパーマリオ わくわくゲームランド', which roughly translates into 'Super Mario's Exciting Game Land'. You may not feel much is of interest here, but... look at one of those pictures.

That's right, it's art of Geno and Mallow from the mangaka, the late Hiroshi Takase! Takase-san made a set of Super Mario-Kun comics under the PikkaPika Comics label. These are not the same as CoroCoro's Super Mario-Kun comics, and apparently, they often get confused for one another. He also made these, at the very least two volumes. It's nice to see another 'official' piece of Geno media, however small and obscure.
I'm more interested in the Yoshi designs I've never seen before of course :yoshi:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If people in Sabi’s discord have heard 4 other characters they can’t say anything about publicly, I think the September 12th post from that 4chan guy could possibly be real, while today’s post was just a troll.

They’re an anonymous guy on 4chan, and it’s not a pfp; the most recent post could be a troll impersonating the guy.

I don’t think it hurts Geno’s chances. Though, I’d far prefer for him to be Fighter 6 or 7 if not 5.
I wouldn't say that. Remember the list of SE names, a total of seven, that were absolutely not supposed to be released to the public. It isn't as though they were all going to get in, but those names weren't supposed to go out.

Just because insiders have heard 3-7 names does not mean that they're all in. Are they all possible leads? Yes. Are they all in the game and in early development? Likely not. It's just a bunch of tips and stuff right now.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
How are you going to know KOS-MOS is going to be in the game 1+ year(s) down the line but not know Luminary

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I wouldn't say that. Remember the list of SE names, a total of seven, that were absolutely not supposed to be released to the public. It isn't as though they were all going to get in, but those names weren't supposed to go out.

Just because insiders have heard 3-7 names does not mean that they're all in. Are they all possible leads? Yes. Are they all in the game and in early development? Likely not. It's just a bunch of tips and stuff right now.
Are you talking about Brawl's Forbidden Seven?
Mewtwo, Roy, Doc, Dixie, Toon Zelda, Tetra, and Plusle+Minun?
I legit want them all to come eventually. We haven't gotten a new Zelda character since Brawl, and most took Toon Link as an updated version of Young Link instead of Young Link being truly cut.
Skyward Sword Impa with a spear is my pick.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I legit want them all to come eventually. We haven't gotten a new Zelda character since Brawl, and most took Toon Link as an updated version of Young Link instead of Young Link being truly cut.
Oh, no, I was talking about the list of seven Square Enix characters that got leaked from (but not by) Vergeben. That list included Sora, Geno, Slime, Sephiroth, Crono, and finally, Luminary and Erdrick (Arusu), both of which got in.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Vaati would be my pick. I feel we need more casters/mages and villains in general, and he is of course both.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oh. :p I read SE as Subspace Emissary instead of Square Enix.
I'd be beyond happy with Sephiroth, Zack Fair (Cloud Echo), Lara Croft, Black Mage, Crono, and Noctis as Square Enix fighters.
We need a precedent for multiple non-Echo fighters from a single third party series.
Looking at you, Sonic!

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Oh, no, I was talking about the list of seven Square Enix characters that got leaked from (but not by) Vergeben. That list included Sora, Geno, Slime, Sephiroth, Crono, and finally, Luminary and Erdrick (Arusu), both of which got in.

Actually no sora was not on that list.

It was slime, luminary, erdirck, Sephiroth, crono, slime, and geno

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Actually no sora was not on that list.

It was slime, luminary, erdirck, Sephiroth, crono, slime, and geno
Slime would be cool as a second (of fifth?) DQ rep! If Piranha Plant can get in, so can an actual mascot character like Slime!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I guess so.

I just want Reimu to come with “Bad Apple!!” and “U. N. Owen was Her?!”

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've taken a little hiatus on my 8-bit Geno project to work on a different project I was working on. After I finish this one part of it I might get back on it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I would be so thrilled for Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura if KOS-MOS get's in.

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
#5 KOS-MOS (Moveset and icon of Xenosaga, Rep Namco)

#6 DOOM Slayer (Father of FPS, interesting gimmick)
#7 Ryu Hayabusa (Classic and Powerful Ninja and Rep of Tecmo)
#8 Crash Bandicoot ( Mascot Trio with Mario and Sonic)
#9 Sora (nomura and sakurai return to work together to give CLoud that promised rematch)
#10 Rex And Pyra/Mythra (Time is not an excuse now)

Honorable Mention:
Shantae (Popularity)
Geno (Popularity)
Master Chief (I think is likely because is one of the most recognizable characters in the industry, and face doom slayer would be epic)

D

Deleted member

#9 Sora (nomura and sakurai return to work together to give CLoud that promised rematch)

Honorable Mention:
Shantae (Popularity)
Geno (Popularity)
Master Chief (I think is likely because is one of the most recognizable characters in the industry, and face doom slayer would be epic)
That was my logical pass.

KOS MOS as the last DLC and a female character at last to make me happy, while the rest are to make the fans happy, while I'm like, I don't care anymore since I got what I want, and I'll just hang around.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice

Honorable Mention:
Shantae (Popularity)
Geno (Popularity)
That's a good list but no Geno in the pass within a Geno thread makes me a sad panda. :(

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
That's a good list but no Geno in the pass within a Geno thread makes me a sad panda. :(
Everyone in honorable mentions has the possibilities but I put my preferences <3

As for Kosmos, it will come out in its RE version which is the one that will have relevance in the future, with the 3 previous versions in its alternate skins

https://imgur.com/a/uXw5n4L

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Anyway, neat thing!

For the love of God, Nintendo, just take them back. Take Geno and Mallow and the others back to you.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Is it just me or do we have a different character standing in the speculation spotlight every 6 hours or so? Things have been wiiiild recently and I love it!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Honorable Mention:
Shantae (Popularity)
Geno (Popularity)
Yeah I’d hope this list doesn’t happen or least in this order considering we wouldn’t get Geno in over a year. I’d prefer Geno in as 6 or 7 and Master Chief over KOS-MOS, Rex and Pyrrha, or Ryu Hayabusa. And honestly a Resident Evil character in over them as well. Also kind of a weird thing to come into the Geno support thread just to basically say you don’t want him in the second round of DLC lol

I am just confused as to why he'd say that. It was never clarified here that Sabi is a guy (like we assumed before he claimed otherwise) until you posted that, so sorry if I annoyed you when everyone else believed the same thing and no explanation was given :glare:
Tbh I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask about considering Sabi cams in here his/herself and literally corrected those of us that referred to them by male pronouns that they are female or at least they go by female pronouns. If they were just memeing and actually identify as a guy that’s fine but it’s just straight up not what we were told by Sabi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it just me or do we have a different character standing in the speculation spotlight every 6 hours or so? Things have been wiiiild recently and I love it!
That must be nice.

Maybe I've been on the ride for too long, but I just want them to hurry up and either "gimme Geno" or kill my dreams once and for all. I'm sick and tired of this middle ground and speculation and trying to pretend that I care about the possibility of other characters, my second place characters are all in an assist trophy so the closest thing to realizable second place characters I "want", I don't even want - they're just better than Fortnite Larry or whatever other meme pick is the value price troll attempt of the week.

Hate to start the morning off cynical but coming into the Geno thread to find a list of 6 characters who are decidedly not Geno predicted left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

KOS-MOS is another one of those characters that I swear /v/ is trying to will into existence like Reimu. This whole saga has just thrown on more evidence that people need to wait on reputable people weighing on things before running with it.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
You guys after a text leak that has Geno on it:

"Don't believe text leaks!!! LOL!!!"

And when you see a text post (from a french thread asking what characters people want to see in smash) that includes your preferred character:

"So KOS-MOS is pretty likely it looks like!! I'd be so happy if a bunch of characters who aren't Geno got in!"

Keep on flipping keep on flopping. KOS-MOS is extremely unlikely

Geno's in lads.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Keep on flipping keep on flopping. KOS-MOS is extremely unlikely

Geno's in lads.
Maybe so. But Geno, Doom Slayer, or insert Capcom rep ain't guaranteed to be fighter #5 or even as future DLC as a whole. Fans can say who they think is getting in or not, but at the end of the day it's up to Sakurai, the big N, and said developer that decides if said character get's into Smash Bros.. The only real rule at this point is that said character has to be a video game character in origin.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Maybe so. But Geno, Doom Slayer, or insert Capcom rep ain't guaranteed to be fighter #5 or even as future DLC as a whole. Fans can say who they think is getting in or not, but at the end of the day it's up to Sakurai, the big N, and said developer that decides if said character get's into Smash Bros.. The only real rule at this point is that said character has to be a video game character in origin.
I never said Geno or anyone else was 5. Just that in my opinion we're definitely getting Geno at some point here. But people are backing a text post that they don't even understand the context of with little hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom