• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Now that we have all these insiders here all at once, we can ask the serious questions, the important questions, the qyestiquestions ons deep in our souls we fear to ask as the dread of darkness envelopes us, causing us to scream for salvation, that light that insiders can shed and deliver us INTO THE BRIGHT FUTURE THAT WILL WASH AWAY THE FEAR AND TRIUMPH OVER THE SINS SMASHING MANKIND!

LO, YOU INSIDERS!!!

What would your favorite alt color of Geno be? A different shade of blue? Maybe a slighty deeper sky blue? Blue is quite pleasant. Really.
No joke, I really appreciate these scenarios. The fact that the Geno thread has more or less been the epicenter of Smash speculation for almost a year is low-key amazing. 2006's me's brain would have melted.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Sabi...is...a...she. Just to let you know.
Literally everyone in his damn server knows he is a dude lol. He even tweeted not so long ago a happy bday tweet to his fiance, lmao. It's funny some people still think he is a she :joyful: it's been known for a while.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Wow, nice to see Sabi came to the thread to clear things up. My bad, this was all just a misconception. I definitely have more faith in Sabi now.

Also I gotta wonder just who made that fake leak? Was Brew’s page private in the past? Even if not it wouldve been very hard to find the post

And as a sidenote I lowkey wanna see Maxwell in Smash now. He’d probably have the most unique moveset on the roster.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Literally everyone in his damn server knows he is a dude lol. He even tweeted not so long ago a happy bday tweet to his fiance, lmao. It's funny some people still think he is a she :joyful: it's been known for a while.
.......Yeah, I am not buying it.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Things are heating up in the speculation realm it seems. If confidential information has gotten out prematurely like you said PapaGenos, then I hope some new announcement of some kind somes with Terry to clear the air a bit (whether that be Mii costumes or Fighter #5).

by confidential information I just meant the names/sources of where these "leaks" came from stuff like brew being outted or the people behind other info being known about when they did not want that to be the case etc... it is really not fun having the internet after you because of some info about a character you heard.

and these sources of info are far less likely to say what theyve heard privately if it will just end up publicly known with their name attached. If the info ends up wrong or even "off" the internet can be pretty cruel about it.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I just caught up on all this and I have to say this whole thing doesn't make any sense, the only reason people here thought sabi had made the jonsey leak was because fatman said they did a couple hours ago, so if everyone who jumped in to comment on the issue is from the same inside group then why did it even happen to begin with? unless fatman was somehow being told or shown something different from everyone else I can't understand how this would have even happened unless he just made that up for some reason which feels really out of character. :dizzy:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With all this news hopefully it's a sign. Terry's presentation is near. I do think an early November timing is right. We get Luigi's Mansion 3 this month then that then Pokemon Sword and Shield on the 15th.

Hopefully he's near then we get news about who character #5 is! With it.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Also I saw this post from gamefaqs (yes I still look occasionally lol) that one of the insiders on Sabi’s discord hinted at Dante. I’ll provide the image if you want me too but I dont wanna out anyone if something wasnt supposed to be said.
What do you guys think?

Edit: After reading about all these people being outed I took out the link

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
.......Yeah, I am not buying it.
lol not my (or literally hundreds of people) 's problem, believe what you want bud.

by confidential information I just meant the names/sources of where these "leaks" came from stuff like brew being outted or the people behind other info being known about when they did not want that to be the case etc... it is really not fun having the internet after you because of some info about a character you heard.

and these sources of info are far less likely to say what theyve heard privately if it will just end up publicly known with their name attached. If the info ends up wrong or even "off" the internet can be pretty cruel about it.
100% agreed. It's also not cool losing such connection to sources that legit, and they even might stop leaking to anybody because of it. Literally no one wins from such situation.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Also I saw this post from gamefaqs (yes I still look occasionally lol) that one of the insiders on Sabi’s discord hinted at Dante. I’ll provide the image if you want me too but I dont wanna out anyone if something wasnt supposed to be said.
What do you guys think?

Pandora's Box...oh my God guys, Kratos is in!:ultpacman:

7NATOR

Smash Master
What do you guys think?

Yeah i made that topic on Gamefaqs. I saw people on the Dante Thread here were talking about it and i just saw the messages were public on Sabi's Discord. yes

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We're talking about Sabi, right?

Sabi told us she's a girl and her profile says so as well :S

I am big confused.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think?

I saw the image and that does sound interesting. I haven't heard too much discussion on Dante as he wasn't as discussed as much as let's say Ryu, Crash, Reimu, Doomguy, and Geno, but I think Dante is someone who we might want to keep an eye on.

7NATOR

Smash Master
yo if Dante happens I want my DV theory to come true because I Really want Vergil playable

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
yo if Dante happens I want my DV theory to come true because I Really want Vergil playable
Honestly, more power to more playable Echoes. Less than 1/10 of the roster are echoes and there were a ton of perfectly good choices for the role...unless you mean fully playable character.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Why would Capcom costumes come with Banjo if they were just going to do a Capcom character later?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
After seeing the zero and protoman costumes come with banjo I and likely many others had largely shrugged off the idea of a capcom character being prepass dlc, But If dante was actually going to be #5 I wonder if they did that intentionally to cover their tracks. After all x and .exe are available to be the token 2 returning costumes along with others like MH.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Honestly, more power to more playable Echoes. Less than 1/10 of the roster are echoes and there were a ton of perfectly good choices for the role...unless you mean fully playable character.
Oh I Wasn't Talking about Echo

D

Deleted member

Dante huh? Wouldn't mind he has his sword Rebelleon and his guns Ebony and Ivory so he could be a mix of long range and close range.

Also has his Devil Trigger so that's something for Final Smash.

Plus the Devil May Cry series is pretty badass. So I would welcome him with open arms!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
So this thread is moving super fast and I only got a brief glance at Sabi’s post... but it still doesn’t make sense to me

Why was Sabi overhyping Jonesy and defending this leak even when Brew himself confirmed it wasn’t him?

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So this thread is moving super fast and I only got a brief glance at Sabi’s post... but it still doesn’t make sense to me

Why was Sabi overhyping Jonesy and defending this leak even when Brew himself confirmed it wasn’t him?
tack this on to my earlier post, if were back to square 1 then this is still a concern on the table

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I think Dante probably has a decent shot but im pretty skeptical on him being #5. Anything could happen though so who knows

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why would Capcom costumes come with Banjo if they were just going to do a Capcom character later?
Because Banjo needed a wave of costumes and they don't actually have to coincide with anything when they're released. There's still other Capcom costumes to release and there is also the fact they may want to like Dragon Quest had and just release costumes from the specific series being added.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Dont worry it was just a misunderstanding. Sabi confirmed she did not make the leak. Also it was probably for memes

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah everything's up in the air. Still so we don't know.

Can't fully back a character or anything.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
What do you guys think?

I heard about this, and I know who might have spread such assumption among us. So I will clarify it right here and right now in Sabi's place now (since he can't be bothered to clarify every single that people spread all the freaking time, and he is not even online at the moment so I will get this clear as fast as possible before it goes places we don't want it to go or be completely misunderstood…) :

I would not say it's really "hinted", per say, at least not a solid hint. Let me explain, a month or two ago, one of Sabi's good sources told us that he heard "Dante more than Ryu", this was before Ryu started to explode more and more lately. But he heard BOTH characters nonetheless, not just one of them, as you can read, and he has "heard" names in the past that never happened, mind you. JUST like it happened with Hero. As you all should know by now, specially after the Square Enix list situation that happened before Hero finally got revealed… names are heard within the range of sources sometimes, and even they themselves make clear most of times to us that they do not share such things but rather stay quiet and wait to just tell us when they are more sure about ONE name in particular. Because simply it's just not worth it to spread every single thing they vaguely hear, specially if the smash community is so god damn volatile to explode at ANYTHING they read.

In this case, the source didn't really wait for that and he just shared that interesting tidbit as a random comment in our private chat one time. I can guarantee you, as I talk to this source just as sabi does within our private chat, that this is NOT a solid lead at all to make you believe Dante is 100% the next one. KEEP REMEMBERING what happened to Hero untli the last moment when he finally got revealed, it was a nightmare of going back and forwards with all of the SE list names that got out back then.

Is it possibly a stronger lead NOW that the recent strong source Sabi got recently saying "no ryu or crash" ? yes, I can see why would it make some of us think Dante has more chances now to be the one, but by no means the source that told us "I heard more dante than ryu" made it sound like a solid thing back then and he told us just a few days ago that he has not heard anything new at all about Dante ever since, he is now definitely keeping quiet until he gets closer confirmation to whoever is coming next., he always makes it clear to us when he is giving us something solid and confirmed and when he isn't (or he just literally says nothing if there is nothing solid to say instead). So I encourage you to take this with a grain of salt just like you did with the Hero situation back then. Could it be Dante? yes, but it could perfectly NOT be Dante as well. Don't let history repeat and just take it with a grain of salt, just as every other damn time a source hears multiple names around, please. If Sabi hears anything SOLID from his NoA source, or this recent strong source that came with the ryu and crash deconfirmations, or the VR plant leaker, I can guarantee you that you will hear it when it happens, from Sabi himself, or maybe Papagenos, or even vergeben if they decide to act quicker at the time, lol.

So please, do not let vague leads with no hard confirmations from the actual sources to drive you crazy, I want Dante as much as any Dante fan (hell he is in my freaking signature now, lol) but I know this is not a bone to drool at just yet, specially with how character leaks are getting shot down here and there like crazy these days.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So...did Sabi lie about being a girl...?

I am still confused.
Sometimes people's priority quesitons amaze me… specially when someone has already answered that question many times and even I reconfirmed it today, lol. Let's stay on Geno's topic please, I don't want mods to come and force us to do so.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sometimes people's priority quesitons amaze me… specially when someone has already answered that question many times and even I reconfirmed it today, lol. Let's stay on Geno's topic please, I don't want mods to come and force us to do so.
I am just confused as to why he'd say that. It was never clarified here that Sabi is a guy (like we assumed before he claimed otherwise) until you posted that, so sorry if I annoyed you when everyone else believed the same thing and no explanation was given :glare:

I don't really have any other questions...unless y'all heard Steve, or that Geno's chances are even greater ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Yes sir. Mallow :)

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I would assume their gender is ambiguous on purpose to try to make it slightly more difficult to know who they are offline.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
So...there's a new leak saying Reimu, KOSMOS, and Ryu Haybusa are coming to Smash...no mention of Geno :(

(the post has some trolling, like saying Corrin will be removed, but people are speculating that this might be to divert attention)

https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/gamwHjU9qo7Z-_8IO4CMHA/

If you look at the earlier posts, a guy with this same PFP correctly predicted Banjo's codename "Buddy" weeks before he was announced

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Sorry to tag you bud, but do you think you could help out with this one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom