• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
She seemed to act weird regarding the SNK stuff and the Jonesy "leak."

And some people think her C&D was fake based on how it looked, so I don't know what to believe ._. She seems to say things that you'd think would break a C&D, though...
I...
You know, that's kind of a fair point actually. I don't think deconfirming things break C&Ds though...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How exactly was she acting weird about SNK Leak? I understand the Jonsey one.

I can say I believe she may be acting weird about recent leaks about Ryu H. and Crash, too.
Regarding the SNK stuff, she lied about talking to Vergeben to get him to say something, instead of just asking him directly. It also took 2-3 days for her to say Terry after Vergeben did; there's also another twitter account that praises her and gives leaks, and has a tweet saying "I'm totally not Sabi ;) " so it seems weird.

I...
You know, that's kind of a fair point actually. I don't think deconfirming things break C&Ds though...
Idk. She seems to say other stuff than just disconfirmations; sharing what her sources do and how important they are, and talking about things in a way that shows she knows stuff.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I second TheCJBrine TheCJBrine in saying that Sabi was acting ****ing weird regarding the Jonesy leak. She started overhyping Jonesy himself and started saying the characters on that leaked list (Maxwell, Claire, etc.) were likely and popular candidates (Geno, Doomslayer, etc.) wern’t.

Then when Brew came out and said the 4chan post was bull****; Sabi immediately started going on a conspiracy tangent about how Brew was lying and he secretely did make the 4chan leak yadda yadda yadda

I used to trust Sabi to a tee, but this makes me a lot more wary of the stuff she says now, tbh

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
With the situation we're in about the reliability of certain leakers, I have a good feeling this next character is going to be a total curveball that not many can expect.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I second TheCJBrine TheCJBrine in saying that Sabi was acting ****ing weird regarding the Jonesy leak. She started overhyping Jonesy himself and started saying the characters on that leaked list (Maxwell, Claire, etc.) were likely and popular candidates (Geno, Doomslayer, etc.) wern’t.

Then when Brew came out and said the 4chan post was bull****; Sabi immediately started going on a conspiracy tangent about how Brew was lying and he secretely did make the 4chan leak yadda yadda yadda

I used to trust Sabi to a tee, but this makes me a lot more wary of the stuff she says now, tbh
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice What do you make of this? Earlier today you said you thought Sabi was the most credible leaker, hence me asking.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I used to trust Sabi fully myself, but now I take words from her in specific with a large grain of salt. Her old NoA source was very on-point, though, and she does have a strong network. Understand that I say that she isn't some fraud, not by any means. She has some solid insider knowledge. I just can't help but be skeptical of what she says after all the havoc with Jonesy and such. It was ridiculous and reeked of losing marbles.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Jonesy thing was basically done on a dare. Brief summary: she was dared to make a 4chan leak and see how far she could take it. I was still on my hiatus at the time so I largely just saw the aftermath. Apparently it upset a lot of people?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The Jonesy thing was basically done on a dare. Brief summary: she was dared to make a 4chan leak and see how far she could take it. I was still on my hiatus at the time so I largely just saw the aftermath. Apparently it upset a lot of people?
Wait, Sabi made the "Jonesy Leak"? Haha, wow.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, uh... It made her take a MASSIVE hit to her reputation. I've seen huge skepticism over Sabi in general as of late, and it really started kicking in not only with that, but also with the huge amount of flip-flopping with recent sources (Brew, Shifty, IGN guy, etc). The latter, I get that it's a bunch of information that no one is certain about, and she's simply commenting on the climate of it all, but the dare, uh... Yeah. That was not a good look.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So in the process she tried to make another leaker look bad?

thinking emoji meme2.png

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I dunno about the whole thing, but one explanation could be that Nintendo is probably keeping an eye out on things so it’s best not to have a spotless record.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Anyone who believed the Jonesy leak deserved to be tricked

D

Deleted member

I don't really think that makes things better tbh it still upset a lot of people and it really hit her reputation hard she has been flip-flopping a lot recently and I've seen people sick of it.

Even if she is the most reputable leaker her recent behavior and her (possibly) having an alt on Twitter than constantly praises her and reaffirms her leaks, Her flip-flopping a lot recently and her faking a C&D(?) really gives people a bad impression and whatnot.

I don't know what to think I still trust her sources but she needs to tone it down a bit.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
A week ago, while the Brew imposter circus show was going on, Tansut told me that there wasn't much going on regarding Smash on the Square-Enix side of things currently. Though he notes that might not be the case as his source might not be involved or isn't in the know about developments.
A quote from the newcomer speculation thread that I feel is of interest. Apparently, Tansut's source might not be involved in future Smash developments or isn't in the know about developments, and he is unsure if there is more going on behind the scenes at Square. Even though Tansut remarked about 'not much going on', we still have word of the Mallow and Smithy leak that may yet be legitimate.

Basically, if anyone's thinking we might get another SE rep that isn't Geno with his, Mallow's, and Smithy's costumes in tow, I think it's not quite as likely as you might think. If anything, signing Geno over to Nintendo is a courtesy thing, and I've been guessing for the longest that Tansut likely wouldn't get info on Geno if he was in development. Either his source is just not in the know and Tansut really has nothing, or something is going on that is more out of their reach. I'd reckon that is either because SE learned their lesson after Hero (a.k.a it's being kept airtight), or because most of the interesting goings-on would be at Nintendo with the SMRPG ball now being in their court for Smash.

Something to chew on, at least. I think it kind of aligns well with the Mii costume leak and its suspicious lack of Geno.

Well when you put it like *that* it sounds monumentally stupid.
I'm such a dumbass because I legitimately don't know what you're trying to say here. Like, genuinely. Embarrassing as it is to ask, uh... please clarify?

EDIT: Em.barrassing, even. Why did that turn into an emoji, Smashboards. Why.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Wait, she was the one behind that 4chan post? No wonder she was being suspicious about the Jonesy stuff.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Truthfully? I think she was just bored. It's been really slow since the Direct. Doesn't necessarily excuse it but I'm also of the mind that people shouldn't take it super seriously either. It was a goof and I think it wound up being a lot more "successful" then she intended it to be. Mischievous but not malevolent.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Truthfully? I think she was just bored. It's been really slow since the Direct. Doesn't necessarily excuse it but I'm also of the mind that people shouldn't take it super seriously either. It was a goof and I think it wound up being a lot more "successful" then she intended it to be. Mischievous but not malevolent.
Why am I not trusting that? That is what you believe. I don't think you know for sure. Either way, she still massively hurt her reputation by doing that. I bet it was more than her being mischievous.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I'm such a ******* because I legitimately don't know what you're trying to say here. Like, genuinely. Embarrassing as it is to ask, uh... please clarify?

EDIT: Em.barrassing, even. Why did that turn into an emoji, Smashboards. Why.
Im just saying that Sabi making a fake leak for a joke is a stupid thing to do because it would harm their credibility.

People don’t know it was a joke, and now it just looks like Sabi is trying to latch onto junk rumors to stay relevant.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Im just saying that Sabi making a fake leak for a joke is a stupid thing to do because it would harm their credibility.

People don’t know it was a joke, and now it just looks like Sabi is trying to latch onto junk rumors to stay relevant.
Ohhh, okay, apologies for being a freakin' ditz. :laugh: I agree, at any rate. When you're someone people try to count on for accurate info, doing something like that is absolutely poor judgment.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
You make a fair point, Fatman.
If I might say, I feel as though the leak business is a really debatable topic because of differing opinions on its practices. I personally think that if you know something, it's fun to tease but it can definitely be overwhelming sometimes. It's a risky game, so keep strong.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Even if it was a joke, she still tried to drag Brew down with her when it backfired, and acted like he was involved in the first place.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You make a fair point, Fatman.
If I might say, I feel as though the leak business is a really debatable topic because of differing opinions on its practices. I personally think that if you know something, it's fun to tease but it can definitely be overwhelming sometimes. It's a risky game, so keep strong.
I dunno. Something tells me there is more than one person simply believes. I think there was more to it than what Fatmanonice thinks.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Good lord. I’ll have to take Sabi with a grain of salt from now on
Edit: Yeah I guess it probably was a joke but thats still a little questionable coming from thw biggest leaker

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Thanks for the reply! I agree that Sabi probably wasn't trying to be malicious but... don't you think you're playing this all off too lightly? I mean, Sabi (and basically everyone) knows how ruthless, tribalistic, passionate, etc., the Smash fanbase can be. Don't you think it is incredibly foolish to make a lie on a dare that hurts your credibility? To the SMASH fanbase nonetheless. That seems way too foolhardy.

Edit: I just can't understand why a person would say something that hurts their credibility just for the sake of lols. Again, to a fanbase that is notorious for its tribalism at times. I don't want to accuse you of lying or anything, and I usually don't like to point fingers... but it just seems extremely odd and fishy that Sabi would do this.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Why do you say such a thing?
I look at dozens of fake 4chan leaks every day. It's one of my most guilty pleasures. I can say with complete honesty that at no point surrounding the hullabaloo did I think it had any legitimacy whatsoever. The list of characters was so antithetical to the direction Smash Ultimate has been doing so far it's not even funny. Maxwell in particular currently belongs to a company that is essentially insolvent, operating with a skeleton crew and haven't had the money to develop a game since 2013. I can and have made more compelling fake leaks.

The way every person involved acted shortly thereafter confirmed it was a massive ****post. And if this has ruined Sabi's credibility for you (and this applies to everyone) you never trusted her to begin with. One bit of fun with some characters literally no one is invested in does not invalidate the last year of risking her behind to deliver us Nintendo leaks.

D

Deleted member

I trust Sabi. Maybe she might always be trustworthy all the time. But her sources have proven correct so far. Hopefully this one will as well.

So I do believe her when it comes to Smash news and leaks.

But with any of these leakers tread carefully hard to tell who can be right all the time.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I look at dozens of fake 4chan leaks every day. It's one of my most guilty pleasures. I can say with complete honesty that at no point surrounding the hullabaloo did I think it had any legitimacy whatsoever. The list of characters was so antithetical to the direction Smash Ultimate has been doing so far it's not even funny. Maxwell in particular currently belongs to a company that is essentially insolvent, operating with a skeleton crew and haven't had the money to develop a game since 2013. I can and have made more compelling fake leaks.

The way every person involved acted shortly thereafter confirmed it was a massive ****post. And if this has ruined Sabi's credibility for you (and this applies to everyone) you never trusted her to begin with. One bit of fun with some characters literally no one is invested in does not invalidate the last year of risking her behind to deliver us Nintendo leaks.
Why should we even trust her? Why should I trust her? She lied about other things too, like Vergeben and Terry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do trust her. Believe me like I said she's proven correct and her sources seem to know what's up with DLC and such.

I Respect her and all she's done to get news and such.

So nothing but good things to say from me.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I thought she made that public? Well, whatever... Case in point: avoid 4chan leaks.
Wait. Is this true?

I literally gave Sabi the brew Facebook post link the night before the jonesy 4chan leak happened in confidence. I actually did that because people in this thread were asking about the Ryu/Geno leak I'd heard. I was asked not to go public with the "proof" of their sources credibility (the brew FB post predicting piranha plant) but I said I'd share it with sabi on here if it would help back up that it existed.

here's the post im talking about:
SmashBoardsPostsharewithpolarpanda.jpg

I'm shocked if Sabi made the 4chan post on a dare, not sure if I believe they'd really do that. But if thats true that isn't cool at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom