• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
People agree that there's no hard evidence against it right now but, yes, worst case scenario is that the person was totally right about Banjo's costumes but for whatever reason wanted to be a troll about the others. Again, there's no evidence of this anyways and merely conjecture. To add to this, I believe the original post was a private message so it would have been done to troll literally one person which is kind of... dumb. Lie and then give a person the keys for revenge because they know your identity? Einstein's quote aside, I don't think anyone's that dumb or petty.
I think PapaGenos said the guy shared it with 2 other people (and that’s why he had to verify the list with them)

He might’ve been trying to troll PapaG (because of the latter’s Geno bias), but like you said, that’s worst case scenario at this point.

Nevertheless, it’s interesting how people swear Geno is done for because he’s a spirit yet he’s persisted in leak circles for this long

Firox

Smash Master
I think PapaGenos said the guy shared it with 2 other people (and that’s why he had to verify the list with them)

He might’ve been trying to troll PapaG (because of the latter’s Geno bias), but like you said, that’s worst case scenario at this point.

Nevertheless, it’s interesting how people swear Geno is done for because he’s a spirit yet he’s persisted in leak circles for this long
I know we've been over this ad nauseum, but in all honesty I find it incredibly stupid and close-minded to assume that Sakurai, the literal god of the Smash universe, the procurer of Cloud, Megaman, K. Rool, Joker, Snake, Banjo-Kazooie, etc., would be limited in who he can add purely because he and his team had previously featured a character's JPEG in the game. I mean, c'mon, people. He's really not bound by any rules whatsoever (or even logic on some occasions). He's demonstrated countless times that if he really wants something in the game, he's gonna get it there. Even corporate Nintendo wouldn't bar his path if he set his mind to it (Joker being a prime example of how even when corporate is making the picks, it's still pretty much Sakurai). In fact the only real limitation we've ever truly witnessed is the hardware itself.

In short, we really shouldn't be surprised to see the "spirit rule" crushed to dust before this is over. With another 3-6+ characters yet to be revealed, you can pretty much count on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don 't think fighter #5 is Geno myself but I still think there 's a possibility he's coming.

Once more information becomes available we'll know more.

Still excited though. Whoever it is.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So what would you guys say is your favorite track from Super Mario RPG? Not my favorite, but I like this one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A little bit off-topic but apparently Vergeben is also looking into who the next Smash character is. That would also be interesting to see how his info correlates to Sabi's leaker, as well as the Ryu/Crash leaks too.
Here, I have live footage of what's going to happen. Verge is on the left, Sabi is on the right.

I swear... This happens every time he hits a wall. He goes to Sabi and asks if he can talk to the NoA contact or any of her other big contacts and it's always "lol, no."

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Here, I have live footage of what's going to happen. Verge is on the left, Sabi is on the right.

I swear... This happens every time he hits a wall. He goes to Sabi and asks if he can talk to the NoA contact or any of her other big contacts and it's always "lol, no."
So Vergeben isn't really a reliable source for leaks anymore? I guess I've been out of the loop regarding him, as I thought he was still pretty darn credible and trustworthy.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Vergeben isn't really a reliable source for leaks anymore? I guess I've been out of the loop regarding him, as I thought he was still pretty darn credible and trustworthy.
Not really. He fell for some really big cases of leak bait and accidentally trusted the wrong people on a couple of cases, with "the List of 7" being the most notorious. His intel for Smash was good to a point but I've come to find that it wasn't that impressive behind the scenes. I came to find that a lot of people knew what he knew but didn't come out and say it due to their job, not wanting to get entangled in the Smash fanbase, etc. Verge carved a niche by being outspoken and you don't get that a lot with Smash. Sal Romano was the last person like this and we know what happened there. Honestly, Verge hasn't been the only one right about something significant in about a year when it comes to Smash.

D

Deleted member

Not really. He fell for some really big cases of leak bait and accidentally trusted the wrong people on a couple of cases, with "the List of 7" being the most notorious. His intel for Smash was good to a point but I've come to find that it wasn't that impressive behind the scenes. I came to find that a lot of people knew what he knew but didn't come out and say it due to their job, not wanting to get entangled in the Smash fanbase, etc. Verge carved a niche by being outspoken and you don't get that a lot with Smash. Sal Romano was the last person like this and we know what happened there. Honestly, Verge hasn't been the only one right about something significant in about a year when it comes to Smash.
So out of all the leakers who do you think is the most reliable?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Oh okay, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

As an aside, I 100% believe the Gematsu leak was real. As we learned that Chrom was planned to be a fighter at one point in development and that there was fighter data codename titled "rhythm" (presumably the Chorus Kids). Which means all of his character predictions were essentially right. I believe the leaker just had early information, however.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So out of all the leakers who do you think is the most reliable?
I'm pretty much in the position that I'm in right now because, when she was first starting out, I wanted people to know that her NoA was legit and wasn't some randa trying to troll the Geno fanbase. From there, her contacts have exploded and it's really impressive the kinds of people she's now exchanging info with. Her strength is her network and her ability to fact check over a very wide spectrum. Objectively speaking, it's Sabi because she's able to get to the bottom of things pretty fast and has that web of connections that nobody else can really compete with.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Well I’m happy nothing crazy happened that change speculation. Don’t think I could have taken another day of who’s fighter 5. Anyway I say things are looking good for Geno. From the mii leak to fatmans sources I say he’s in a good spot. Let’s keep hoping our boy makes it. Also that smithy mii. I now want a smithy mii lol.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
You are right. I can't see someone going that length to just troll one person he PM'd. Especially with that much hind sight and knowledge of these other costumes. I just wonder how he would know Wave 3's costumes and not Wave 4's

Also that smithy mii. I now want a smithy mii lol.
I want him to have an Exor Sword in his hand

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...do you guys think that if Geno does happen in Smash that both of the rumored tracks will be redone by Yoko Shimomura herself, or someone else?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Wait, Verge's p much confirmed to be a phony or am I misreading
Not so much a phony. He still has connections. Just not as strong as he use to be. I wasn't sure about Terry until he said something. It just isn't like how it was during base roster speculation.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hmm...do you guys think that if Geno does happen in Smash that both of the rumored tracks will be redone by Yoko Shimomura herself, or someone else?
Well since none of the other SquareEnix characters thus far have received remixes of their music, I'm guessing no remixes, just the songs straight up.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Hey Genobros i need help

Im trying to prove something to someone.

I SWEAR there was a Geno song (probably Forests Mushrooms remix) that was taken down at the same time B&K Final Boss and Sans’ Megalovania were. But I can’t find proof of this anywhere on the internet anymore

(Im not talking about the OG Forests Mushrooms and Armed Boss, im talking about a takedown that occured late last year)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait, Verge's p much confirmed to be a phony or am I misreading
Not a fraud but his connections aren't as good as they used to be. To his credit, he doesn't lie either and just relays what he hears. The issue, however, is that after things like the List of 7 a lot of insiders don't trust him with info anymore. Hell, even I knew about Terry before Verge because Sabi did one of her "hey guys, look what I found out" things that she sometimes does and unloaded on us that like 7 or 8 of her contacts could all but confirm him.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Hey Genobros i need help

Im trying to prove something to someone.

I SWEAR there was a Geno song (probably Forests Mushrooms remix) that was taken down at the same time B&K Final Boss and Sans’ Megalovania were. But I can’t find proof of this anywhere on the internet anymore

(Im not talking about the OG Forests Mushrooms and Armed Boss, im talking about a takedown that occured late last year)

I got you fam https://youtu.be/-F6YEkXEHpM

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Looking around and gathering information and getting educated on a bunch of different characters... these are the 3rd party characters I think are the most likely for DLC (again, this isnt my most wanted, I'm just trying to be as objective as I can). I'm not saying all of these characters will get in, but I just have tried to look around at as many characters as possible and this is my objective list. This is in no particular order:

• Ryu Hayabusa (most confident about)
• Geno (really confident on him)
• Capcom character (possibly Resident Evil)
• Bandai Namco character (possibly Lloyd Irving)
• Crash Bandicoot
• Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
• Akira (Astral Chain)
• Character hardly anyone predicted (this I am very confident in)

These last four I think have good chances due to their legacy and popularity, but have things about them that make me unsure:

• Doom Slayer
• Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
• Steve (Minecraft)
• Sora (most unsure on)

What do you all think? I tried to be as objective as possible with my list as, again, these aren't most wanted.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't know why people are sleeping on Level 5 so much. They've had a strong relationship with Nintendo for years, and the creators of Professor Layton expressed interest of seeing him in Smash

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't know why people are sleeping on Level 5 so much. They've had a strong relationship with Nintendo for years, and the creators of Professor Layton expressed interest of seeing him in Smash
They're basically also on the verge of collapse at this point.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Honestly think that Lloyd isn't going to be the fifth DLC fighter. I don't think they would put three JRPG characters in one fighter pass, but honestly the last fighter could be anyone (that isn't a Nintendo character or Spirit). Nobody thought that Terry would've been considered, so the fifth fighter could be a character that we never thought of or talked that much about.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
You know, after all these years, I think I finally figured it out. It’s been Nintendo all along. They’re the ones who don’t want Geno to be in another game.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know, after all these years, I think I finally figured it out. It’s been Nintendo all along. They’re the ones who don’t want Geno to be in another game.
Honestly, if Geno doesn't make it to Ultimate, I'll chalk it up to that. Square clearly seems willing to cooperate, so I wouldn't say they're to blame. If anyone is instrumental in keeping Geno dead, it'd be Nintendo at this point.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly, if Geno doesn't make it to Ultimate, I'll chalk it up to that. Square clearly seems willing to cooperate, so I wouldn't say they're to blame. If anyone is instrumental in keeping Geno dead, it'd be Nintendo at this point.
At this point, yeah. Not so much beforehand, as Square and Nintendo were still working things out, but that is no longer the case.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Been saying this for a few years ever since ultimate became a thing and usually got pushback because everyone wants to pretend its 2007 and SE is the buzzkill boogeyman.

It’s all on Nintendo and Sakurai to add him at this point. SE has shown they are more than willing to play ball in recent years

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, was Sabi acting weird to throw off Nintendo Ninjas or something?

Other people have been suspect of her C&D, too. Me? I don't know what a real C&D looks like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
In response to wynn728 wynn728 , wouldn't Geno technically be a JRPG protagonist?:ultpacman:

Seriously though, I'd be a bit shook if they decided to do yet another JRPG protag this soon. I mean, I can understand Geno or Lloyd but anything besides that would completely take me from left field. I really want to see another platformer mascot, like Rayman, since Crash has kind of been kicked to the side.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
She seemed to act weird regarding the SNK stuff and the Jonesy "leak."

And some people think her C&D was fake based on how it looked, so I don't know what to believe ._.
How exactly was she acting weird about SNK Leak? I understand the Jonsey one.

I can say I believe she may be acting weird about recent leaks about Ryu H. and Crash, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom