• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
This is super helpful for people who are still wondering what all these coincidences and happenings we keep referring to mean. I feel like from the kind of stuff I've read, there's more than this, like a VGA quiz show answer or something? Not sure about the details on that. It's funny how there's so many "hints" and coincidences, it's easy to forget how many there are.
This is a pretty good list. Though I'd also throw in the fact that all the way back in January, Sabi had shared a rumor for Geno being DLC
Thanks for bringing up those pieces of information. Right now I tried to look up the VGA quiz one but couldn't find it, though I remember reading about said quiz where one of the answers was Geno. In addition to that, as recent as last Saturday, Yoko Shimomura's 30th Anniversary Orchestra Concert took place, which included a Mario & Luigi track in its setlist, although I read somewhere that apparently there was also a SMRPG track in that setlist? I wasn't sure so I left it out of the list as well. However I'm aware that Shimomura has composed and performed an arrangement of Beware the Forest Mushrooms in the past. It'd be awesome if someone could find the setlist of said concert (translated).

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, I did try SMRPG on emulator since finding a copy is hard. Pretty good to play like any other RPG game. Also, if Geno becomes playable, then other characters that are spirits only has a shot as well. Making the Spirits Deconfirm statement breakdown.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
That VGA question is just so random. Of ALL series, of ALL games, of ALL characters, they pick Geno? It could be a coincidence and could be a Geno fan picking the questions, but the odds of a coincidence are so low. This has to have been deliberate, but for what?

Geno must be in a good place if the SmashFAQs Geno detractors can't go 10 minutes without bringing him up. They became more obsessed with him than the fans.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for bringing up those pieces of information. Right now I tried to look up the VGA quiz one but couldn't find it, though I remember reading about said quiz where one of the answers was Geno. In addition to that, as recent as last Saturday, Yoko Shimomura's 30th Anniversary Orchestra Concert took place, which included a Mario & Luigi track in its setlist, although I read somewhere that apparently there was also a SMRPG track in that setlist? I wasn't sure so I left it out of the list as well. However I'm aware that Shimomura has composed and performed an arrangement of Beware the Forest Mushrooms in the past. It'd be awesome if someone could find the setlist of said concert (translated).
According to this page:
https://www.4gamer.net/music/

... there was no Super Mario RPG music. Just Mario and Luigi.

I actually don't consider that a bad thing, since if Shimomura is composing new music for Smash, obviously Nintendo wouldn't want it shown off at a concert first. If anything, considering that there were two Mario RPG remixes from 2015, it's actually weird, in that convenient way that everything around this game is weird in a convenient way anymore.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
According to this page:
https://www.4gamer.net/music/

... there was no Super Mario RPG music. Just Mario and Luigi.

I actually don't consider that a bad thing, since if Shimomura is composing new music for Smash, obviously Nintendo wouldn't want it shown off at a concert first. If anything, considering that there were two Mario RPG remixes from 2015, it's actually weird, in that convenient way that everything around this game is weird in a convenient way anymore.
In The Final? huh that's interesting can't wait to hear what she does with it.

There's a Smart Phone Medley with Terra Battle *flashbacks to the last story continuation* How sweet *grins*.
Edit: Apparently she was responsible for composing it, i'm not sure if it's for the remake or the original. can anyone shed some light here?

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
In The Final? huh that's interesting can't wait to hear what she does with it.

There's a Smart Phone Medley with Terra Battle *flashbacks to the last story continuation* How sweet *grins*.
Edit: Apparently she was responsible for composing it, i'm not sure if it's for the remake or the original. can anyone shed some light here?
She was responsible for both versions of In The Final. She did the entirety of the Bowser's Inside Story soundtrack and the soundtrack for the other Mario and Luigi games.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
https://hqbuff.com/us/game/2018-12-06/3/8

This is an archive of that session and that specific question. Also on-air the host namedropped Geno. Of note is that this was specifically sponsored by Nintendo who likely had to approve it or even selected the questions themselves.

I’d also add the random anniversary tweet from NoA and the Nintendo artist blogpost that wound up getting deleted where they brought up Geno specifically had been a topic of conversation at Nintendo headquarters.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
https://hqbuff.com/us/game/2018-12-06/3/8

This is an archive of that session and that specific question also on-air the host namedropped Geno. Of note is that this was specifically sponsored by Nintendo who likely had to approve if or even selected the questions themselves.

I’d also add the random anniversary tweet from NoA and the Nintendo artist blogpost that wound up getting deleted where they brought up Geno specifically had been a topic of conversation at Nintendo headquarters.
There is also the fact that someone cited Nintendo playing SMRPG music at the Nintendo World Store in NYC around the beginning of the year (I believe Battle Against an Armed Boss, funny enough). There is unfortunately no way to prove this claim, but it is still something interesting of note.

We live in a Kingdom
View attachment 243097
Bottom text
You have so much power my dude

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I would like to add to the previous information listed, the following. This data is about recent Super Mario RPG speedruns livestreamed by both Games Done Quick (GDQ), and Limit Break (LB). These two events are held each year (with GDQ hosting two events, being Awesome Games Done Quick (AGDQ) around January, and Summer Games Done Quick (SGDQ) around July) and their purpose is to raise funds for nonprofit organizations such as Doctors Without Borders and the likes. An aspect that makes both events unique from each other is that, AGDQ/SGDQ stream speedruns of games from different game genres, while Limit Break streams specifically RPG games. As these events have grown, the funds raised have also increased. The following are the most recent five Super Mario RPG speedruns streamed at said events, along with some relevant information.

In regards to the Views data, they correspond to views of the YouTube videos of said runs uploaded by GDQ and LB, since the Twitch streams show the views over the entire event (all games streamed).

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars speedruns (SNES)

Year/Event: AGDQ 2019
Runner: Justincredible83
Run Category: Any %
Run Completion Time: 2:56:32
Funds raised during stream: $36,143 ($36,373 if including the fight against Culex)
Views: 936,867
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Year/Event: LB 2019
Runner: pidgezero_one
Run Category: 100% (Most of the stuff)
Run Completion Time: 4:58:24
Funds raised during stream: $23,508
Views: 81,367
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Year/Event: LB 2017
Runner: pidgezero_one
Run Completion Time: 3:16:49
Funds raised during stream: $2,190
Views: 37,045
Year/Event: SGDQ 2016
Runner: LackAttack24
Run Completion Time: 3:06:06
Funds raised during stream: $127,979
Views:
Year/Event: AGDQ 2015
Runner: Checkers
Run Completion Time: 2:52:40 (start time was different from more recent runs)
Funds raised during stream: $15,954
Views: 54,359

The reason why I bring up this information is because these are events that are streamed and watched by a considerable number of people, via Twitch, and afterwards YouTube. In addition to that, these streams help raise funds for good causes as stated above. The key terms in all of this are views, and funds (i.e. money). Surely Nintendo, as well as other game companies must be aware, or at least have heard of said events and their impact within gaming culture. At present time, competitive gaming is blooming as a business with Tournament livestreams, pro-players being sponsored and signed into teams, and fans (viewers) getting in on the action passively or by signing up to premium accounts on Twitch for added perks. From the data, seeing that back in 2016, SMRPG helped raised nearly $128k in a little over three (3) hours is nothing to snooze at. In short, these events could also be under Nintendo's radar, and might (strongly stress on MIGHT) hold some influence on what they decide to do with their IPs.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
https://screenrant.com/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-2-ps5-rumors/
Hey fellas? i now this is not a topic for the geno team, but iv'e found this because when scrolling this might be something related to the crash stuff being denied.
I've read this rumor a while ago. I have some doubts with it, like how the full roster entirely is leaked. That sounds fishy. However even if it is real, I don't think it matters. The leak has Cloud and Snake who are also in Smash. If this is this the case, who's to say Crash can't be in both as well?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I've read this rumor a while ago. I have some doubts with it, like how the full roster entirely is leaked. That sounds fishy. However even if it is real, I don't think it matters. The leak has Cloud and Snake who are also in Smash. If this is this the case, who's to say Crash can't be in both as well?
i have to wonder if sony won't be stingy with the characters in this game though, as in Snake and Cloud are here now there here forever.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Hey fellas? i now this is not a topic for the geno team, but iv'e found this because when scrolling this might be something related to the crash stuff being denied.
I don't see how this would have any effect on Crash's chances for Smash whatsoever. It's not like Rayman or Shovel Knight couldn't be in Smash because they were in Brawlhalla and Rivals of Aether.
But while we're on the topic of PSASBR, I hope this turns out to be more than just a rumor, because I would love to see them take another crack at a Smash-esque game. The first one did pretty well if I recall, and Sony definitely has the kind of roster to make it work. I just hope that if they actually do this that they remove the "special moves are the only way to kill people" thing that the first game had, nobody likes that and it made matches take way too long. And they should design the stages so that you can ring-out and lose lives that way, because being in an enclosed box is kind of limiting. Also, maybe I'm the only one, but I kind of hate that all the stages are these weird mish-mashes of different properties instead of their own worlds. Like, you're playing a Parappa stage and then all of a sudden the walls break down and it becomes Call of Duty level or some ****.

Basically they should remove all of the changes they made to the Smash formula and just make it Smash with Playstation characters.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
We live in a Kingdom
View attachment 243097
Bottom text
Honestly I’d main Geno with the Joker colors that looks really good.
I think this is our second PS Allstars rumor, the last one was said to be street fighter style and developed by Capcom. This seems cool but theres not much to back it up. Also I remember hearing years ago that some companies sign exclusivity deals for fighting games, which is why Snake wasnt in the first one. Thats probably not true but I cant think of a time when cross over characters have double dipped in quick succession.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Also I remember hearing years ago that some companies sign exclusivity deals for fighting games, which is why Snake wasnt in the first one. Thats probably not true but I cant think of a time when cross over characters have double dipped in quick succession.
Terry?

Last edited:

DIY

Smash Apprentice
A little bit off-topic but apparently Vergeben is also looking into who the next Smash character is. That would also be interesting to see how his info correlates to Sabi's leaker, as well as the Ryu/Crash leaks too.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
A little bit off-topic but apparently Vergeben is also looking into who the next Smash character is. That would also be interesting to see how his info correlates to Sabi's leaker, as well as the Ryu/Crash leaks too.
Honestly Vergeben has been kind of **** as far as post launch content goes. He got the fact that we were getting a DQ character right but everything else has been either wrong (Minecraft content) or just him backpedaling and jumping onto things at the last minute (Banjo at E3).

D

Deleted member

Honestly Vergeben has been kind of **** as far as post launch content goes. He got the fact that we were getting a DQ character right but everything else has been either wrong (Minecraft content) or just him backpedaling and jumping onto things at the last minute (Banjo at E3).
this is one of the reasons I don't think vergeben was ever reliable. They (iirc "vergeben" is multiple people) apparently got a ton of Marvel vs Capcom stuff wrong and if I needed to put on a tinfoil hat I'd say they're well known by the industry and fed fake information just to throw people off.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I just questioned the logic of Vergeben posting on SmashFAQs. They despise him, unless he posts there because he wants to rile them up, which is not very hard.

D

Deleted member

I just questioned the logic of Vergeben posting on SmashFAQs. They despise him, unless he posts there because he wants to rile them up, which is not very hard.
They despise him now, imagine how incensed they'll be when he says "it's gonna be Geno"

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
lol of course sabi gets a legit source deconfirming two characters and vergeben starts to sniff around to see what he can piggyback, this man is obvious as hell…

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Even if Vergeben is piggybacking, I think it's clear he has sources. Just his sources for other games get things wrong most of the time, but he has gotten a lot right not just for Smash; perhaps he just checks to see if other insiders or leakers are right or something. There are some things no one else claimed before he did.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Good luck with him, then. I hope he finds something soon.

D

Deleted member

ok, it is clear that the most legitimate source so far is Mii clothing.
Not entirely, but I like the attitude. We still don't know if that post is something available in a discord that anyone's actually set eyes on, only that other insiders can corroborate to Papagenos that they saw the same screenshot, at least what I've been able to gather.

I think it's safe to say the most legit source is Sabi's insider who says no Ryu, no Crash. With how they've played this guy up as their "biggest" source, it's safe to say he's a trusted voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom