• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
Now, last Sunday it was announced that the next anime will take place in all regions rather than just being your average season where Ash goes to the new place to build himself a new team. We won't hear details regarding how this is going to work until the 29th, but the premise alone gives people the idea that the new series may operate in a similar fashion to Pokémon Chronicles and Generations, and many are wondering if Ash is even going to be in it.
Isn't this kind of a good thing though? I mean, Ash has been at it for what, 20 years now? He still hasn't gone through puberty and isn't any closer to being a Pokemon master, not counting his lvl 100 Pikachu. Rather than hanging the series on an eternal underdog, I think it would be refreshing to take the angle of someone that's already pretty formidable. You know, like Kenshin Shinamura-style — the wandering bad ass that takes on some legitimately dangerous foes. Maybe even have the guy WIN a major tournament for once and actually BECOME a Pokemon Master. I'd be down for that.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Origins and Generations weren't good series even if you use whatever hatred or negative opinions on the anime to praise them. Just a bunch of game moments summed in less than seven minutes.

My personal idea is to just give Ash a similar goal to Ryu from Street Fighter. Rather than making him go through gyms and leagues, let the guy just be a explorer who gets into fights every now and then, similar to what happened in the Power of Us movie (which is the best Pokémon film ever imo). In fact, that's personally what I expect from this new anime, COTDs everywhere with Ash staying as a secondary character.

fair enough I guess I don't watch it so I can't really argue about it. Just feels to me like they need to give ash a resolution and move on to something else

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Isn't this kind of a good thing though? I mean, Ash has been at for what, 20 years now? He still hasn't gone through puberty and isn't any closer to being a Pokemon master, not counting his lvl 100 Pikachu. Rather than hanging the series on an eternal underdog, I think it would be refreshing to take the angle of someone that's already pretty formidable. You know, like Kenshin Shinamura-style — the wandering bad *** that takes on some legitimately dangerous foes. Maybe even have the guy WIN a major tournament for once and actually BECOME a Pokemon Master. I'd be down for that.
After witnessing so much worse things in superhero comics, I learned that there's no point in whining about Ash when many characters are worse. Spider-Man still hasn't gotten his marriage back, Batman is still single and didn't abandon the cowl as his father wanted, Dr. Doom is back at being a jerk and so on...

Did you know that canonically speaking, Iron Man has been reset more times than Ash? No kidding, first there's the time he got replaced with a younger version because his adult went evil, then when he got his post-Civil War memories erased and finally when he suddenly stopped being Superior Iron Man after the Fantastic Four reconstructed the entire multiverse.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Ash should have won the Johto league and completed his story arc
He lost to some nobody and his Blaziken in the last possible moment of the show. I guess it made him curious to see Hoenn but still literally no pay off. His match with Gary before that was probably the most satisfying one in the entire series.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Going into this Direct, I have something to confess: at this point, since I think that the Starling isn’t Geno and that Geno isn’t a part of this pass, I’m just curious as to what the Starling actually is. We’ve spent so long talking about it that I just want to have an answer; I’m dying to know!

link2702

Smash Champion
After witnessing so much worse things in superhero comics, I learned that there's no point in whining about Ash when many characters are worse. Spider-Man still hasn't gotten his marriage back, Batman is still single and didn't abandon the cowl as his father wanted, Dr. Doom is back at being a jerk and so on...

Did you know that canonically speaking, Iron Man has been reset more times than Ash? No kidding, first there's the time he got replaced with a younger version because his adult went evil, then when he got his post-Civil War memories erased and finally when he suddenly stopped being Superior Iron Man after the Fantastic Four reconstructed the entire multiverse.
I mean that’s not surprising at all...iron man is a comic book character after all, and one that started in like the 60s or 70s iirc, that’s several decades iron man has on ash.

Both dc and marvel have “reset” their universes so many times now that it’s kind of an expected thing in the comic world, so again, nothing too surprising there...

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Well, one rumor I saw said that they're making a Kanto remake that's been untitled but I don't really believe that at all.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
He lost to some nobody and his Blaziken in the last possible moment of the show. I guess it made him curious to see Hoenn but still literally no pay off. His match with Gary before that was probably the most satisfying one in the entire series.
Imo his fight against Paul in the DP finals was the most satisfying just because they did a great job of building up the tension not only between Ash and Paul but also between their respective Pokémon. Everything since DP has just gotten worse imo. Like how do you go from the DP seasons to BW?

Well, one rumor I saw said that they're making a Kanto remake that's been untitled but I don't really believe that at all.
I mean they pretty much did that with Pokémon Let’s Go to the Polls Pikachu/Eevee.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Guys this is the top 20 potencial DLC fighters and their chances to appear in (my) order. Based on what people are talking about and my own criteria.

My top pick is GENO but just let’s wait and see. I think that he is going to happen soon, but if it’s not now, don’t lose hope cause he has so much left to win, it could be in the next Direct, unless they kill him with the costume coming back. But I do have a lot of faith for him right now. So it’s not over until his costume comes back (deconfirm) or he is playable (confirm).

I doubt that any other character not in this picture can make it in right now.

Let’s hope the best for Geno!
FFECB761-5AF8-4648-9F1D-BF9692D0EB14.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Guys this is the top 20 potencial DLC fighters and their chances to appear in (my) order. Based on what people are talking about and my own criteria.

My top pick is GENO but just let’s wait and see. I think that he is going to happen soon, but if it’s not now, don’t lose hope cause he has so much left to win, it could be in the next Direct, unless they kill him with the costume coming back. But I do have a lot of faith for him right now. So it’s not over until his costume comes back (deconfirm) or he is playable (confirm).

Let’s hope the best for Geno!View attachment 236789
Chrom called, he said that the costume doesn't deconfirm. Then K. Rool called and told me the same thing.

My phone has been blowing up, actually.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

For Nakoururu! For Crash! For Geno! Even Spyro, For Tails!

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Aw man y'all really had to start talking about Pokemon again didn't you? A Pokemon named Sirfetch'd alone is probably worth about $60 to me :4pacman:But really despite all the continued decline of Pokemon, I'm still excited for Sword and Shield. Honestly, even if Pokemon does get to the point where it's in trouble of not continuing it'd be super easy for them to stop cranking them out and release one that'd make everyone poop their pants. Like a survival adventure style with it's own region and new Pokemon but also the ability to travel to some or all other regions. It'd be very easy to save Pokemon it's just whether they will or not. Edit: easy from a concept standpoint.

Also, excited for this direct. Can't wait to see that kencineroar trailer where everyone is expecting Terry and then a big white fist hits some of the characters and a shoe hits some others and the camera pans over and we see the splash screen: "Rayman hands it to 'em".

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Chrom called, he said that the costume doesn't deconfirm. Then K. Rool called and told me the same thing.

My phone has been blowing up, actually.
That’s right, but about that I highly doubt they announce their Mii outfit just to confirm the Character later. But you are right, both can coexist. Anyway, the roster in the pic is probably what we can expect. Let’s hope for Geno!

D

Deleted member

That’s right, but about that I highly doubt they announce their Mii outfit just to confirm the Character later. But you are right, both can coexist. Anyway, the roster in the pic is probably what we can expect. Let’s hope for Geno!
I mean, at that point, it's kind of like admitting that the spirit is a deconfirmation. I stand by my theory nothing deconfirms a character except being in an assist trophy, but it's true that the missing costume is a pretty weird signal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice since Sabi will now almost solely be taking Nintendo news from VRPlant as this tweet says, does that mean that from now on you'll be as in the dark as the rest of us?
Not really. Sabi has a lot of connections. I've said it before but in less than a year she communicates with some of the biggest names in the industry. It's really impressive. Something you guys have to realize about VRPlant too is that he's basically a silver bullet. He sees the videos beforehand. We don't know how but he does. No hints. No clues. Just straight info and that's probably why she said what she said. Again, I feel awful but the picture clues have caused a lot of problems and its pretty much been confirmed that they're never going to be made public again. She's probably still going to be getting Nintendo info from certain people but she's not going to openly report on it anymore expect from VRPlant and that's probably what she means.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
So one more hour to go.

So here’s hoping there’s some good news for us all, and some good non-smash stuff...

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
It's just now hitting me that we're only about an hour away from this direct...
Anyone have any CRAZY hopes/wishes for it? Other than Smash stuff, I'd love a port of Persona 4 Golden, the Neptunia Rebirth games, or Soul Sacrifice (Vita exclusive, can't remember if it's a first party Sony game though)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyone have any CRAZY hopes/wishes for it? Other than Smash stuff, I'd love a port of Persona 4 Golden, the Neptunia Rebirth games, or Soul Sacrifice (Vita exclusive, can't remember if it's a first party Sony game though)
Neptunia Rebirth games are on PC, but I HEAVY second Persona 4 Golden

Can I throw Tales of Hearts R in there too? (And while Bandai Namco is at it, localize Innocence R...)

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
New Kirby Game. Please. God please give me a new Kirby game.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
Pikmin 4, a new 2d metroid, wario land 5, captain rainbow being localized.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Geno!

I know ... not going to happen.

But I would like to see Metroid Trilogy ported over to tide us over, or at least increase the appetite for Metroid 4.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
as for Nintendo, my crazy wants are:
- Xenoblade Chronicles X Deluxe and/or Xenoblade Warriors and/or Xenoblade X Part 2 and/or Elma in Smash
- F-Zero GX HD, or SX
- Mario Sunshine HD (Probably gonna happen anyway)
- EarthBound Beginnings on the NES service

Third party:
- Xenosaga HD Trilogy
- Persona 5 Royal on Switch?? please?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Also dynamaxing looks like poop, and they could have achieved the same effect by just making more mega evolutions, which is something people wanted anyway. But that's just my opinion.
This is true. As much as I'm loving what we've seen from Sword & Shield so far, dynamaxing looks lame and will probably just turn battles into a chicken game of "which player hits their big shiny button first?" since the game kind of encourages you not to use your dynamax until your opponent uses theirs. That's probably the one new thing we've seen so far of Swoosh that I will never defend. Megas and Z-moves were strictly more interesting gimmicks IMO.

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
Wario Land
Banjo-Kazooie remaster or new game
SNES Online
New Metal Slug game
Fighter #74: Marco

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
New Kirby Game. Please. God please give me a new Kirby game.
I really want a Kirby game too, it's my favorite series. However, I genuinely have no clue where they'd take the series due to their "tests." They seem to be alluding to a possible 3D Kirby game due to Star Allies's Final Boss, Blowout Blast, and Battle Royale. Yet I'm unsure if they'll announce one so soon. Heck, I'd love a "Repossessed Trilogy" of Dreamland 2, Dreamland 3, and 64. I can dream, yeah?

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I really want a Kirby game too, it's my favorite series. However, I genuinely have no clue where they'd take the series due to their "tests." They seem to be alluding to a possible 3D Kirby game due to Star Allies's Final Boss, Blowout Blast, and Battle Royale. Yet I'm unsure if they'll announce one so soon. Heck, I'd love a "Repossessed Trilogy" of Dreamland 2, Dreamland 3, and 64. I can dream, yeah?
As potentially interesting as a 3D Kirby game sounds, I'm not sure if I want it. It'd be a very difficult series to transition to 3D, I can't even imagine anything other than boss battles working for it unless they came up with something completely original in every way. They may as well make a new IP at that point...

KDL3 is my favorite Kirby game, so I have to agree on that trilogy remake idea :p I think we might be more likely to get another remake of Super Star, though. I would love to see Super Star on Switch, with even more sub-games than Ultra had. Maybe Bandana Dee could finally get his own game as a sequel to Revenge of the King...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I suspect a week and a half ago you'd probably have similar sentiments, yet the entire top row would be absent.

You'd think those kinds of developments would dissuade people from still making claims such as this.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seeing the Pokemon games become so **** over time makes me want to do a swandive off a ****ing cliff in Minecraft.
- Little over half of all Pokemon
- Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves replaced with a watered down combination of the two
- Looks like an upscaled Gen 7 game with a different lighting filter
- Most of the new Pokemon look straight up dumb, and the ones that don't probably won't be brought over to the next game(s)
- Team Yell
- Postgame is probably going to be the same unfinished garbage as before, with the same battle facility as usual, with the same 6 overpowered Pokemon on everyone's team when battling online.
- GTS will still be ****, with people asking for impossible Pokemon all the damn time and no way to search for Pokemon based on their natures
- Bringing Pokemon from previous games is so convoluted that it makes me wonder why I even bother playing these games at this point
- We're going to have to pay for this same game again exactly one year later when it's actually done
- Speaking of, this game will be $60USD, and if you want to play online you'll need Nintendo Switch Online, which costs around $20 for one year, meaning that in order to even play this game to it's fullest, you'll need to shell out $80 USD
- Then, if you want to bring your Pokemon to future games, you'll need to buy Pokemon Home, which'll probably cost you around $5-$10 USD, bringing the grand total to $90 USD, for one game, the ability to play it online, and the ability to store your Pokemon and bring them to future games
- BUT WAIT, since you're a Pokemon fan, you'll probably want to keep the Pokemon in your Pokemon Bank right? Well, you'd better cough up $5 USD right now, or you'll lose them forever! So that's $100 USD
- And if you're Canadian like I am, those prices are increased by approximately 20%, so get ready to shell out $120 ****ing jemimadollars to play one game, with online capabilities, and to keep your **** from said game and any previous games of theirs you have
MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOP.

View attachment 236780
Oh hey lol

120126.png

Are you a sprite ripper?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Here's a conundrum for you. You get to pick the next fighters pass, but they have to be wild out-there picks that nobody (or at least fewer than average people) expects. I'll start.

1.) Ecco the dolphin
2.) Juno and Vela (lupus can be a taunt)
3.) Gex
4.) Elvis the alien (not that one, the one from perfect dark)
5.) Buck Bumble
Here is my list:

1. Goemon from the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja series

2. Marina Liteyears from Mischief Makers

3. Turok from the Turok series

4. Protagonist of The Guardian Legend who's name I don't know

5. Gex from the Gex series

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
As potentially interesting as a 3D Kirby game sounds, I'm not sure if I want it. It'd be a very difficult series to transition to 3D, I can't even imagine anything other than boss battles working for it unless they came up with something completely original in every way. They may as well make a new IP at that point...

KDL3 is my favorite Kirby game, so I have to agree on that trilogy remake idea :p I think we might be more likely to get another remake of Super Star, though. I would love to see Super Star on Switch, with even more sub-games than Ultra had. Maybe Bandana Dee could finally get his own game as a sequel to Revenge of the King...
Super Star Ultra did it for me. Whether it was Dedede or the music or graphics, I fell in love with the series. I personally wouldn't mind a remake of Super Star in a 2.5D style but I feel like making a remake of a remake just wouldn't bode well (?) I wouldn't complain because I haven't been able to get a copy of Super Star Ultra or a DS to relive my childhood but plenty of other people might.

Also, by 3D platform, I mean something more like Blowout Blast. I personally would love to see what they could do with a game like that. Maybe make it more open, almost like Link's Awakening. Make it feel like you're truly exploring Pop Star to the fullest. I know that's impossible but I'd love that to bits, honestly.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Anyone have any CRAZY hopes/wishes for it?
An N64 Classic reveal would be nice.
This is true. As much as I'm loving what we've seen from Sword & Shield so far, dynamaxing looks lame and will probably just turn battles into a chicken game of "which player hits their big shiny button first?" since the game kind of encourages you not to use your dynamax until your opponent uses theirs. That's probably the one new thing we've seen so far of Swoosh that I will never defend. Megas and Z-moves were strictly more interesting gimmicks IMO.
From what I've seen, Dynamaxing will make your Pokemon's HP increase by 50%, and turns their moves into flashy nukes a la Z-Moves, for three turns. Gigantimaxing is the same thing only it's Pokemon specific like Mega Stones or some Z-Crystals, and it boosts the Pokemon's stats all across the board, making them even better than before.
Kind of makes me wonder what the point of using Dynamax is when several Pokemon, most likely including the box legendaries, will have their own better version that gives them all the same benefits of Dynamaxing but also allows them to have base stats worth a damn and moves to base their nuke moves off of that aren't Tackle.
Oh hey lol
View attachment 236798
Are you a sprite ripper?
Yeah, that's me! Funny, this is the third time people from other websites have recognized my sprite work! :dkmelee:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
An N64 Classic reveal would be nice.

From what I've seen, Dynamaxing will make your Pokemon's HP increase by 50%, and turns their moves into flashy nukes a la Z-Moves, for three turns. Gigantimaxing is the same thing only it's Pokemon specific like Mega Stones or some Z-Crystals, and it boosts the Pokemon's stats all across the board, making them even better than before.
Kind of makes me wonder what the point of using Dynamax is when several Pokemon, most likely including the box legendaries, will have their own better version that gives them all the same benefits of Dynamaxing but also allows them to have base stats worth a damn and moves to base their nuke moves off of that aren't Tackle.

Yeah, that's me! Funny, this is the third time people from other websites have recognized my sprite work! :dkmelee:
I was working on a Super Mario Bros texture pack for my nephew for Minecraft when I needed a drip. There is none that I could think of in Mario Bros so I just happened to remember the bot dripping in Zelda 2 and got this sheet

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Going into this Direct, I have something to confess: at this point, since I think that the Starling isn’t Geno and that Geno isn’t a part of this pass, I’m just curious as to what the Starling actually is. We’ve spent so long talking about it that I just want to have an answer; I’m dying to know!
At this point, I have no confidence in the starling bird image. Maybe the person just took a picture of a bird on his own roof and just called it a day lol But we’ll see after this direct.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I honestly hope we get blindsided. I don't care if its Geno or not. I just want to be COMPLETELY surprised now because of how many people went all in on Terry. But I did the same thing with the Grinch leak and the very second I saw the fighting ring I got emotionally drained.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Super Star Ultra did it for me. Whether it was Dedede or the music or graphics, I fell in love with the series. I personally wouldn't mind a remake of Super Star in a 2.5D style but I feel like making a remake of a remake just wouldn't bode well (?) I wouldn't complain because I haven't been able to get a copy of Super Star Ultra or a DS to relive my childhood but plenty of other people might.

Also, by 3D platform, I mean something more like Blowout Blast. I personally would love to see what they could do with a game like that. Maybe make it more open, almost like Link's Awakening. Make it feel like you're truly exploring Pop Star to the fullest. I know that's impossible but I'd love that to bits, honestly.
Blowout Blast was... ehhh? Like, they COULD make a 3D Kirby, but it wouldn't really feel like Kirby to me? Maybe I'm just too small brain to imagine it, but I'm just not a fan of the concept.

Kirby: Breath of the Wild would be awesome though, even if it was completely different from the rest of the series.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hoping for new Kirby and something Wario, even if it's a Switch port of Wario Ware Gold.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I think a 3D Kirby could work, but it'd have to be from an unconventional perspective, it wouldn't work with a behind-the-back camera. Maybe something like what Super Mario 3D World did could work, it wouldn't be too far of a departure, and Mario is back to the oldschool 3D platformer style anyways.

Personally I just want something new and refreshing from Kirby, I love the old sidescrollers, but the last few ones have felt a bit tired to me. The only reason I don't consider Kirby to be Nintendo's most stagnant franchise is because Pokémon is doing everything to retain that title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom