• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightspeed97

Smash Cadet
He told us. Something you all have to understand was that I was never supposed to make it public in the first place so there's a distinct possibility that I won't even be allowed to say what it actually meant. I'm sorry. This kind of all unfolded because of me but we made a promise so people will have to wait things out.
Will you disclose what the bird hint was about after it's been officially revealed?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Will you disclose what the bird hint was about after it's been officially revealed?
Only if it's allowed. Weird thing to say but that's the hardline for it. No negotiating. No clues. No hints. I caused enough trouble sharing it to begin with so it can only be shared if absolutely everyone involved approves it. That's basically the promise made. That said, consider it "classified" because that's what it was originally supposed to be anyways.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder what sort KoF stage and music would be put it. Anyone know that sort of stuff? I always love to listen to good tunes.

D

Deleted member

Sabi said it's KoF, so that's not happening, alas.

---

Anyway, the storm's gonna start being felt tomorrow, and chances are, I'll be out from then on. That being said, until the FP is over (especially since I'm feeling Geno ain't in and I'm coming to acceptance with that... for the pass), I might take a break from this thread apart from posting art. It's gotten far too negative in here, and I never in my dreams thought I'd see people bashing SNK and Terry-freaking-Bogard of all people. It's irritating. Like my buddy ForsakenM ForsakenM said, fight for Geno, not against other characters.

However, I will still be fighting for Geno. I always will be. Operation Starfall is only going to continue from here, and after the FP, we don't know what the future holds. Until then, I'll be waiting to see what else happens while enjoying B-K, Hero, and Joker, as well as hopefully Terry or Nakoruru. What we did get out of the roster was nothing short of incredible, and even if Geno doesn't make it this time, I'm grateful. I just hope they can finagle him into the game in the future, and if it's impossible, they can bring his costume back.

I just need separation for my mental health, and I want to accept that Geno probably isn't happening sooner rather than later. I want to rip that bandage off, and since Nintendo's not doing it for me, I'll do it myself. That's it. Everyone else is free to hope for Geno, don't get me wrong, and my opinion is just my opinion, but my stance is firm.

It's been a hell of a ride, Genofriends. After the FP is over (and any post-FP salt has calmed down because I honestly expect it), if the thread is still going as a pro-Geno alliance for the future, I'll come back. If not, then well, I'll see you on the flipside! Feel free to catch me over on my Twitter (@pepperonisecret), where I'll always keep posting Geno things as I make them. If I make any Geno art, though, I'll likely still post it here, as well as anything I feel is very important for our boy.

I'll miss you all. <3
I'm gonna miss ya Ovaltine. You, Forsaken and Zack were and are my closest friends here. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do in the future and I hope you stay safe in that hurricane. Good luck and farewell.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Only if it's allowed. Weird thing to say but that's the hardline for it. No negotiating. No clues. No hints. I caused enough trouble sharing it to begin with so it can only be shared if absolutely everyone involved approves it. That's basically the promise made.
God bless you Fatman. May the Force be with you.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Even if we are, though, we have to be prepared for that possibility. I'm telling you guys, we have to make bigger content. I'm ready as **** to mobilize (... after this hurricane goes by lol) and make big stuff. If you know any game devs or people experienced in game development, recommend this to them. Put Geno in mods. Put him in fan games. Do whatever you possibly can.

We have to get louder. LOUDER.
I agree, and not just louder but also focused. I keep going back to Phil Spencer and Banjo, but more and more his interest seems integral to Banjo’s inclusion. Geno’s in a really tricky spot because he’s not quite a first party retro rep like K. Rool and not quite a third party franchise rep like Banjo.

If Nintendo was genuinely surprised by Banjo’s popularity then we have our work cut out for us. We need to get eyes on fan interest for SMRPG. Unfortunately it’s looking like references like Megasmilax and the spirits are “enough” right now. But, on the bright side, we have the ability to change that perception.

I’m not ready to give up on Geno’s chances until the final DLC is revealed, but I think when the dust settles, we should channel our frustrations and disappointments into coordinated actions.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Some quick thoughts:

-With SNK and KoF almost a lock, I feel like this was a hard swerve of Tekken. That said, I'm not expecting a Namco rep as #5. People could argue a Tales rep but I don't really see it happening now. I feel like if Namco was getting another rep, it would have happened by now. Kind of feel like Hero's inclusion hurt most other sword users but that's a whole other can of worms.

-Not counting on Capcom either. Also feel like #4 would have been the time if it had happened and my bet was on Resident Evil. I don't think Resident Evil support is big enough to warrant the final slot.

-#5 is all but confirmed to be third party. I have a really hard time thinking of anyone first or second party that's not only popular enough to warrant this spot but also could have a new stage and music with them.

-Pretty sure Ryu is officially off the table now. Again, yet another I have a really hard time seeing close out the Season Pass, especially with the SNK character arguably being the most niche character we've gotten since Richter.

-I'm not super confident in a Western character closing out the Season Pass either but that's not really based on all too much.

All this said... I've got nothing...
Poor Namco. They help make the game and they only get one character be in Smash Bros. Square Enix got 5 characters in (I count each Hero to be a separate character), how did that even happen?

Also if the last fighter is based on one of the remaining companies that's already in Smash Bros (I heard that's the case but so much was going on so I didn't have time to understand that) I think Dante has a good chance to be the fifth final fighter.

First of all, getting that Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series would be a the biggest meme to end Smash Bros with, and the creator did say that Dante can only be in Smash Bros if a DMC game is on the Switch in 2019; a few months late the first game got ported to Switch. I think Dante would be a bagger to end on like Bayonetta, but I won't hold my breath on that happening... but I can dream.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

---

Anyway, the storm's gonna start being felt tomorrow, and chances are, I'll be out from then on. That being said, until the FP is over (especially since I'm feeling Geno ain't in and I'm coming to acceptance with that... for the pass), I might take a break from this thread apart from posting art. It's gotten far too negative in here, and I never in my dreams thought I'd see people bashing SNK and Terry-freaking-Bogard of all people. It's irritating. Like my buddy ForsakenM ForsakenM said, fight for Geno, not against other characters.

However, I will still be fighting for Geno. I always will be. Operation Starfall is only going to continue from here, and after the FP, we don't know what the future holds. Until then, I'll be waiting to see what else happens while enjoying B-K, Hero, and Joker, as well as hopefully Terry or Nakoruru. What we did get out of the roster was nothing short of incredible, and even if Geno doesn't make it this time, I'm grateful. I just hope they can finagle him into the game in the future, and if it's impossible, they can bring his costume back.

I just need separation for my mental health, and I want to accept that Geno probably isn't happening sooner rather than later. I want to rip that bandage off, and since Nintendo's not doing it for me, I'll do it myself. That's it. Everyone else is free to hope for Geno, don't get me wrong, and my opinion is just my opinion, but my stance is firm.

It's been a hell of a ride, Genofriends. After the FP is over (and any post-FP salt has calmed down because I honestly expect it), if the thread is still going as a pro-Geno alliance for the future, I'll come back. If not, then well, I'll see you on the flipside! Feel free to catch me over on my Twitter (@pepperonisecret), where I'll always keep posting Geno things as I make them. If I make any Geno art, though, I'll likely still post it here, as well as anything I feel is very important for our boy.

I'll miss you all. <3
Take care of yourself and stay safe!

I'll keep rooting for Geno and doing more community collection while you are gone.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
long post
It'll be sad to see you go, but I totally understand. I hope to see you back in the thread and in posting condition someday, but until then, enjoy your break. As always, I look forward to seeing more of your art.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Isn't the reason they showed Incineroar last was because he was developed last also I know your not one to have your hopes up but I feel a lot of the requested characters will happen eventually maybe not in Ultimate necessarily but maybe the next smash I mean things do change.
They probably will, I think Isaac might have a chance because the fans gave Nintendo crap, but the next Smash Bros game ain't happening for another 6 to 8 years. That's a long time and I believe certain characters like Rex & Pyra will be out of the running completely. If there's another Fighter Pass then yeah, I'll put my hopes back into certain characters. It's hard to tell what await Smash Bros after Ultimate.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Poor Namco. They help make the game and they only get one character be in Smash Bros. Square Enix got 5 characters in (I count each Hero to be a separate character), how did that even happen?

Also if the last fighter is based on one of the remaining companies that's already in Smash Bros (I heard that's the case but so much was going on so I didn't have time to understand that) I think Dante has a good chance to be the fifth final fighter.

First of all, getting that Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series would be a the biggest meme to end Smash Bros with, and the creator did say that Dante can only be in Smash Bros if a DMC game is on the Switch in 2019; a few months late the first game got ported to Switch. I think Dante would be a bagger to end on like Bayonetta, but I won't hold my breath on that happening... but I can dream.
I could see it but I guess it would depend on whether or not they negotiated to pt DMC on Switch as they were discussing Dante for DLC

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You people are killing me with the Dante hype because. I really don't want Dante either :v

Phoenix Wright normally gets to the top of fan polls and all this talk of Resident Evil and Dante scares the living hell out of me lmao

Last edited:

Lightspeed97

Smash Cadet
Only if it's allowed. Weird thing to say but that's the hardline for it. No negotiating. No clues. No hints. I caused enough trouble sharing it to begin with so it can only be shared if absolutely everyone involved approves it. That's basically the promise made. That said, consider it "classified" because that's what it was originally supposed to be anyways.
Fair enough, don't want you to burn any bridges or anything like that!

I just hope the bird hint and other hints you guys received will be good news.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Hi again everyone. I read earlier about how there where twitter post saying there will be a KOF rep and a character thats in smash already. I did some digging and found this. Take this however you want.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/510954966253436931/617820105463693441/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/510954966253436931/617820186895974429/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/510954966253436931/617820254885642242/unknown.png
Also Ovaltine Ovaltine will you be on discord still?

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

---

I'll miss you all. <3
I’m gonna miss you Ovaltine, I’ll be sure to check your art out! Stay safe and stay rad :,)

vivala

Smash Journeyman
You people are killing me with the Dante hype because. I really don't want Dante either :v

Phoenix Wright normally gets to the top of fan polls and all this talk of Resident Evil and Dante scares the living hell out of me lmao
I also feel like Phoenix fits in with the Nintendo crowd way more, even if that's not a strict requirement (looking at you, Snake). It's weird how much people sleep on him.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I agree, and not just louder but also focused. I keep going back to Phil Spencer and Banjo, but more and more his interest seems integral to Banjo’s inclusion. Geno’s in a really tricky spot because he’s not quite a first party retro rep like K. Rool and not quite a third party franchise rep like Banjo.

If Nintendo was genuinely surprised by Banjo’s popularity then we have our work cut out for us. We need to get eyes on fan interest for SMRPG. Unfortunately it’s looking like references like Megasmilax and the spirits are “enough” right now. But, on the bright side, we have the ability to change that perception.

I’m not ready to give up on Geno’s chances until the final DLC is revealed, but I think when the dust settles, we should channel our frustrations and disappointments into coordinated actions.
Yeah this is exactly the kind of thought process we need to have. What kind of skillsets do each of us have to help contribute to projects to get our voices heard? I know we have some truly talented artists among us. I know there are some here trying to compile fan content related to SMRPG. Some are trying to make videos. Let's think about what we have to offer; let's start some kind of group project.

Didn't another fanbase Ridley or K Rool write a thank you letter to Sakurai when they're character got in? Maybe we can do something like that but just thanking him for all the work he put into Ultimate and how we love it even if our character doesn't get in and have little tidbits from all of us with art and fan content and what have you. Maybe doing it in video format would be better. I don't have a lot to offer, but I'm good at writing. I could help write something up from all of us. I also have the movesets that I made for Geno I could contribute. What else can we do? Let's help each other think of some things.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

---

I'll miss you all. <3
Bye Ovaltine :(

I feel partially responsible for this for saying the stuff about SNK.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I could see it but I guess it would depend on whether or not they negotiated to pt DMC on Switch as they were discussing Dante for DLC
With my extremely limited knowledge of video game development I believe that a port of DMC1 on Switch would take a decent amount of time, so when Itsuno made that comment he would've known that that port was happening. I feel like it would be extremely stupid on any developers part to say no to including their character as DLC just because there wasn't any of their games on the Switch. Developers can have their reasons to say no to including their character in Smash Bros, but that honestly has to be the dumbest reason to say no.

We'll see, but I think it's interesting that Itsuno would have made that comment when everyone else has been saying "no that's not happening," even if it is happening such as Banjo. Though I wouldn't take any comment serious because there's no way a developer would "yes my character is getting in," before the reveal.

D

Deleted member

Hi again everyone. I read earlier about how there where twitter post saying there will be a KOF rep and a character thats in smash already. I did some digging and found this. Take this however you want.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/510954966253436931/617820105463693441/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/510954966253436931/617820186895974429/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/510954966253436931/617820254885642242/unknown.png
Also Ovaltine Ovaltine will you be on discord still?
This is nothing new and I wouldn't even put much stock into this Milk-Bosatsu guy. It could still be any Capcom rep (RE, Phoenix Wright, Dante) any Namco rep (Heihachi/Lloyd) or Square (Geno/Sora) it doesn't really narrow it down much.

Last edited by a moderator:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
So in regard to another Capcom rep I'll just say that you can put the names of all Capcom characters in a hat then randomly draw one and you'll have a 90% chance ending up with a great character.

Dante, Strider, Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy, Frank West, Akira from Rival School, Dark Stalker, Power Stone, Zero, the list goes on. Capcom has too many good characters that it's quite unfair.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Dear Lord, a bomb went off in here and everywhere! It certainly looks like the Fighter's Pass is without a doubt 3rd party. Also, I had this weird inkling that SNK could get a Rep. I remember when, and still, SNK released a truck load of games on the eShop and thought "Huh...that is a lot of games." It just seemed like it wouldn't feel weird if we got one with all these games available early on.

Also EarlTamm EarlTamm I hope this comes along with the KoF rep.

Also, we are not down and out yet! As others have been saying, keep getting loud!!!

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So in regard to another Capcom rep I'll just say that you can put the names of all Capcom characters in a hat then randomly draw one and you'll have a 90% chance ending up with a great character.

Dante, Strider, Phoenix Wright, Leon Kennedy, Frank West, Akira from Rival School, Dark Stalker, Power Stone, Zero, the list goes on. Capcom has too many good characters that it's quite unfair.
Amaterasu is the only Capcom character I want.

D

Deleted member

Amaterasu is the only Capcom character I want.
Well for me it would be Phoenix Wright. Phoenix is the only Capcom rep I want but in the long run my bottom line is Geno. I only want Geno and while Phoenix is cool every other character I want is like a tier below him.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well for me it would be Phoenix Wright. Phoenix is the only Capcom rep I want but in the long run my bottom line is Geno. I only want Geno and while Phoenix is cool every other character I want is like a tier below him.
Phoenix would literally make me cry. And it would make Geno not being added hurt less.

D

Deleted member

Phoenix would literally make me cry. And it would make Geno not being added hurt less.
I wouldn't cry if Phoenix got in but I would pop off. Geno would make me cry tears of joy and pop off but both would be great.

Sure I would react more to Geno and I would prefer Geno but I do love Phoenix Wright as well. Both characters are great.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I forgot about that character, but another good example of a great Capcom character. Also Viewtiful Joe. Why are there so many bangers?
Capcom has good IPs but they have a bad habit of dropping them. Like a certain classic blue bomber and sun doggo.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Whelp, heard about the SNK rep. I've never played an SNK game before (I don't think so anyways. if I did it clearly didn't leave an impression), so assuming this is legit then that's another "whatever" tier character for me from this fighter's pass.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Whelp, heard about the SNK rep. I've never played an SNK game before (I don't think so anyways. if I did it clearly didn't leave an impression), so assuming this is legit then that's another "whatever" tier character for me from this fighter's pass.
same here i havent touched any SNK games honestly the only fighting game characters that would excite me would be Sukapon and maybe Heihachi since they were in the only fighting games that i enjoyed playing

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

---

I'll miss you all. <3
I'll miss you Ovaltine Ovaltine I pray that you will be safe.

For your viewing entertainment, here is me when my boi Doolis hit me up with that leak info.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/475687089

Enjoy!
Not to bash you, but I'm not the guy in this video:

I was just saying my reaction to Geno getting in would be similar to this guy's reaction towards the Mii costume.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok geno fans, you guys are in Sabi's discord, or some of you are. Please explain why before they said there weren't going to comment on the character, and to speculate here.

And now it seems they are open to say its a KoF character? And are we sure Sabi meant yes its a KoF, and didn't get confused and meant yes its SNK? People seem to like to mix the two up.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Ok geno fans, you guys are in Sabi's discord, or some of you are. Please explain why before they said there weren't going to comment on the character, and to speculate here.

And now it seems they are open to say its a KoF character? And are we sure Sabi meant yes its a KoF, and didn't get confused and meant yes its SNK? People seem to like to mix the two up.
I have no idea. Honestly I think it's best to not figure out which character it is and just let it happen now. We know it's SNK and good chance it's KoF. Well see in a few days hopefully.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I have no idea. Honestly I think it's best to not figure out which character it is and just let it happen now. We know it's SNK and good chance it's KoF. Well see in a few days hopefully.
Thats what I would like to do. Just knowing its SNK in general is good, narrowing it down to KoF is bugging me a lot haha

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
>people on social media mad at SNK getting a rep even though actual demand was extremely low
>people on r/smashbros find a way to force in a “Geno is irrelevant and SMRPG wasn’t even that popular but people still want him for smash” jab into a conversation about this even though he’s completely unrelated
>everyone who pushes back against this is downvoted to oblivion

Thank you Reddit very cool

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom