• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno.png

This was from some European magazine in 2012 about characters they wanted the most in Smash

Interesting that a European magazine would include Geno

link2702

Smash Champion
So how would y’all feel if these were geno’s taunts...

Down taunt; geno faces the screen and does his victory animation from smrpg where he crosses his arms and nods his head.
Side taunts; geno pulls a random item out of his hat. All are cosmetic except the mushrooms which don’t appear as often. Normal mushroom restores 2% health, mid mushroom restores 5%, max mushroom the rarest, restores 10%. They’re all rare enough that they won’t be game changers or viable ways to restore health, but just a neat Easter egg like luigis or greninjas taunts.
Up taunt; only one that isn’t directly pulled from the game, geno leaves the body of the doll which falls down lifeless, now as his star spirit form, he does some fancy twists in the air, before possessing the doll again.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607

Down taunt; geno faces the screen and does his victory animation from smrpg where he crosses his arms and nods his head.
Side taunts; geno pulls a random item out of his hat. All are cosmetic except the mushrooms which don’t appear as often. Normal mushroom restores 2% health, mid mushroom restores 5%, max mushroom the rarest, restores 10%. They’re all rare enough that they won’t be game changers or viable ways to restore health, but just a neat Easter egg like luigis or greninjas taunts.
Up taunt; only one that isn’t directly pulled from the game, geno leaves the body of the doll which falls down lifeless, now as his star spirit form, he does some fancy twists in the air, before possessing the doll again.
Sounds pretty good to me.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

Hecc these were the exact same taunts I had in my moveset

Edit: Minus the mushroom effects and I had Geno laughing with his victory animation taunt

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I forgot to post my moveset here, so here it goes. The 3 moves marked with "B" are for an alternate version of the moveset where Geno Whirl is the Final Smash and Geno Blast is the side special. It's not very cohesive and mostly just a compilation of references, so forgive me on that. I don't know how to design a great, functional moveset.

Geno Moveset

Specials:

Neutral Special: Geno Beam - Hold B to charge the beam. Red stars will appear above him and his character icon. If you release B on 3 stars his beam will be about the same size it was in Mario RPG and do about the damage and knockback of Samus’ charge shot (maybe more). If you don't charge fully or overcharge, it will be much smaller (maybe a little larger than Falco’s laser) and do less damage and knockback.Charging it a little but not fully will increase its damage and knockback, but not its size. Overcharging will cause it to do the same damage as if it was uncharged (not much). You cannot hold the charge.

Side Special: Geno Whirl - Geno will launch the yellow disc in any direction you input similar to Link’s boomerang. It moves very fast through the air (faster than the boomerang), and I don't believe any projectiles in Smash go all the way to the end of the screen, so it doesn't either. This also means it can't use its original timed input, so I decided move the B press to right when the disc connects with the other character. Missing the input will have it do 1 damage to the opponent and 0 knockback. Any opponent it passes through will take 1 damage, and if B is imputed while it is going through them it will activate a new hitbox on the disc and apply the damage and knockback. This is the only way I could see it working or else it might be impossible. Correctly timing the press will cause a good amount of damage and knockback. I can see this attack being broken so if that's the case Geno would have to perform the start up animation where he raises his hands and a big red star appears on top of him.

Side Special B: Geno Blast - Many multicolored blasts flash in front of Geno. The red stars appear here too so charging makes it stronger. When released at 3 stars, more beams go down and farther out. Charging over 3 stars will make it go back to base damage. It has a very similar animation to the one from Mario RPG for both Geno and the beams. It's goes out to about 2 to 3 characters in front of Geno.

Up Special: Geno Flash - I'm pretty sure I stole this from Legacy XP (I haven't seen most of that moveset) but I can't think of a better recovery move. He turns into the cannon and shoots himself up somehow (again, I can't think of anything better). On his way up he is surrounded by the orange ball of energy from before it explodes. It is very similar to Diddy’s up special as you can launch in many directions and must charge to go higher. The red stars will also appear while charging this move. You will go farther the longer you charge until the stars go away and you overcharge. You then just go the shortest distance. When you make contact with an enemy, it will explode and the the sun forms around Geno as the blast. The longer you charge, the more damage it does. If you do a time it correctly at 3 stars the sun will be bigger and it will do even more damage.

Down Special: Geno Boost - Press down special and the arrows above Geno will move as in Mario RPG. It will be about the same length as it was in that game. Timing a b button press right before the arrows disappear causes the defensive boost to be applied. His damage output and defense is increased a bit but the boost goes away once he's been hit. While under the effects of the move, gold sparkles will be around Geno or he will flash like other characters do.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: Double Punch- Leans over and shoots out his hands. They go around the same distance as Mega Man’s side smash.

Up Smash: Star Gun - Points his guns upwards and fires a few stars. They go about the same distance as side smash, but upwards.

Down Smash: Geno Blast - Many beams shoot around Geno. They are about twice his size but only the area around impact on the ground has a hitbox. Multiple beams shoot on each side though and the blasts are decently sized. The charging animation is the same as in Mario RPG. The red stars also appear on this move. Releasing with 3 stars will do the most damage and have a few more beams farther away from Geno. Releasing too late will do uncharged damage. (The red stars probably wouldn't be on this move due to it being a smash attack, but I wanted to add them for consistency).

Down Smash B: Star Gun - Geno points both guns towards opposites sides of him slightly facing downwards. He fires off some stars on each side and they hit the ground with a small explosion just a bit in front and behind him.

Normals

Jab: Finger Shot - He swipes his hand down (which does damage) and then shoots bullets from his hand for as long as you hold a. He does another swipe at the end.

Side Tilt: Hand Cannon - He swings his arm out, pulls it up, and shoot a few bullets from his elbow. Each attack should connect. It's all part of one motion.

Up Tilt: Hand Gun - He shoots a few bullets above him. They don't go very far.

Down Tilt: Geno swipes the ground with his hand gun.

Aerials

Nair: Swings his hand gun back and forth (kinda like Toon Link’s Nair)

Fair: Unarmed hand shot - Pushes you back a bit while shooting out his hand.

Bair: Fire Bomb - Throws fire bomb back. It explodes on impact.

Up Air: Ice Bomb - Throws ice bomb upwards. It freezes on impact.

Down Air: Rock Candy - Throws rock candy downwards. A cluster of what the rock candies’ official art looks like along with white mist is thrown below him. It's covers some space below and around Geno. Has a bit more range than Meta Knight’s Dair and comes out just as fast.

Misc. Attacks

Get Up Attack: Shoots bullets on both sides of his body.

Ledge Attack: Geno swings his arm down and shoots a few bullets.

Ladder Attack: These seem to be the same as forward aerials, so he would shoot his hand outwards without any knockback.

Final Smash

Final Smash: Star Road - The seven stars surround the opponent. Each of them take turns turning bright counter clockwise. Then a yellow (or maybe multicolored) star fills in the middle sending the opponent far with an explosion. (Kinda like Zelda’s new final smash).

Final Smash B: Geno Whirl - Geno charges up and quickly throws out a Geno Whirl in a straight line, giving anyone in the way 999.9% damage and no knockback (to prevent it from being overpowered). A little “9999” graphic from Mario RPG will appear above every character who was hit. With meter on, it will do a lot less damage. (It is very similar to Zelda’s old final smash in terms of the cutscene and distance).

Potential Gimmick (Probably Not)

He could use the old perfect shielding system to replicate the block move in Mario RPG. He'd obviously have the same guard animation either way though.

Taunts

Side Taunt: Pulls an item from Mario RPG out of his hat and does the praise animation.

Up Taunt: Cross his arms and laugh like he does in game.

Down Taunt: Leave his body for a bit and flies around as a star.

Victory Screens

1: Does the victory pose from the Mario RPG.

2: Plays the animation at the end where he gets taken back to star road and have it leave him as a doll.

3: The 7 stars start flying around while Geno watches.

4. He does a cool animation and says “I serve a higher authority.”

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just an intruder from the Shantae thread here.
The Direct being very soon, I want to get prepared for what I think are the likeliest characters in order to get at least a bit hyped even for them who I don't really know. ( And that includes Geno )
I know he comes from the Mario RPG, uses lasers and and has a cute friend nnamed Mallow but that's about it....
So put your best lawyer pants on and tell me, why do you guys love him so dearly, what makes him so special to you ?

As much as I want Shantae, I would still be happy to see Geno pop up simply because I know how big of a cool fanbase he has. Good luck !!!

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
View attachment 163697

This was from some European magazine in 2012 about characters they wanted the most in Smash

Interesting that a European magazine would include Geno
That's a... creative Final Smash idea, to say the least. Then again, that's par for the course considering some of the other Final Smashes on that page...
Whoever wrote these up seems to have a bit of an obsession with foes being sent hurtling into space...

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Welp guys, today might be it! I don't know if Geno's gonna be announced today BUT it's a possibility. I'm keeping my expectations low, though, but I have to say I'm a bit nervous :laugh:

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Popping over from the Isaac thread to wish you and all my fave character threads the best of luck! Just remember if Geno doesn't get announced today he still has a shot in October and November. Good luck out there you travelers of the stars!

Geno Mario RPG

Smash Rookie
I am not getting my hopes fully up for Geno being in SSBU but I would be fully excited to see him announced. The direct starts in few hours from now (on at 6am for me). Get ready!

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Our wishes have been heard by Star Road, and now it is the time for them to be granted!

Let this be the day or glory!​

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If we are extremely lucky we will get Geno alongside Boshi or Booster as echo fighter and Smithy or Culex as a boss and Mallow or Bowyer as assist trophy and many SMRPG remixes
I hope the SMRPG contents we are getting is big just like castlevania

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
To be honest, I think we'll get Geno, 2-3 music from SMRPG and at best, Mallow as a trophy. I can't imagine more from SMRPG.

Geno Mario RPG

Smash Rookie
To be honest, I think we'll get Geno, 2-3 music from SMRPG and at best, Mallow as a trophy. I can't imagine more from SMRPG.
Mallow at least being thought of and making it into the game in some form would be amazing. I could think of many different songs from SMRPG that would fit perfectly into Smash.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Mallow at least being thought of and making it into the game in some form would be amazing. I could think of many different songs from SMRPG that would fit perfectly into Smash.
snifits snifits snifits snifits SNIFITS SNIFITS SNIFITS SNIFITS SNIFITS

Geno Mario RPG

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who can't access the Smash Bros Youtube channel?

Hmmmm.....Hmmmmm....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...........

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Am I the only one who can't access the Smash Bros Youtube channel?

Hmmmm.....Hmmmmm....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...........
Well let's not look too deep into this or anything, I mean I'm sure it's nothing and we can all be logWHAT DOES IT MEAN!?! GIVE ME THE NEWS NOW!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good luck today from the Banjo-Kazooie thread, ladies and gentlemen! May the Star Road Warrior grace your computer/television screens this evening! <3

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Thank you lovely people from the Geno Thread for all your kind messages !
:starman: May our wishes come true and let's have a great Direct time whatever the outcome ! :starman:

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
I have a sneaking suspicion that Isaac or Skull Kid will be today, and Geno will be during a future Smash-focused direct.

domriver

Smash Lord
I never put much stock in the music theory to be honest. Everything we've seen so far, barring the bloody tears mistake are only what we were meant to see.
If this was the case then lots of series would not receive newcomers due to their music already displayed on the smash website.

Popping over from the Isaac thread to wish you and all my fave character threads the best of luck! Just remember if Geno doesn't get announced today he still has a shot in October and November. Good luck out there you travelers of the stars!
We thank you for the support. We wish Issac much luck as well! :)

If we are extremely lucky we will get Geno alongside Boshi or Booster as echo fighter and Smithy or Culex as a boss and Mallow or Bowyer as assist trophy and many SMRPG remixes
I hope the SMRPG contents we are getting is big just like castlevania
I am hoping for (2) things. 1. Geno gets in and 2. Square lets Sakurai have full reign on the SMRPG Universe no objections to anything. Use them to your hearts desire. (If that was the case maybe we can get a few bosses from the series! *-* Smithy, Axem Rangers, Valentina and Dodo jejej

This applies to what i posted above this quote. But even then if this is all. pfft I'll take it!

Isaac fan here, wishing you guys the best of luck!
Thank you for the support! Much luck to our characters today could be the day for either maybe! :D

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I never put much stock in the music theory to be honest. Everything we've seen so far, barring the bloody tears mistake are only what we were meant to see.
This along with the fact that only new remixes have been shown and there's a possibility that SMRPG would just have straight rips or, god forbid, nothing at all.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There's no way that Yoko Shimomura is on deck and SMRPG music doesn't get remixed.

The FF composer is stingy whereas Yoko would jump at the opportunity.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Well time for work! I will be playing MARIO RPG music till the time of direct. Of course its just wishful/hopin but meh i like listening to MARIO RPG soundtrack ! :D

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I am gonna try to be off here as much as possible (spoilers and what not) so here's to our wooden boy in blue! Geno is on the way, I can feel it!

grizby2

Smash Lord
Hey guys, just an intruder from the Shantae thread here.
The Direct being very soon, I want to get prepared for what I think are the likeliest characters in order to get at least a bit hyped even for them who I don't really know. ( And that includes Geno )
I know he comes from the Mario RPG, uses lasers and and has a cute friend nnamed Mallow but that's about it....
So put your best lawyer pants on and tell me, why do you guys love him so dearly, what makes him so special to you ?

As much as I want Shantae, I would still be happy to see Geno pop up simply because I know how big of a cool fanbase he has. Good luck !!!

you can watch PapaGenos video here. he explains it very VERY well!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6htFA0ugYk

im so hyped! I cant wait to record myself later today and share with you guys. :p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'll mostly be in the Shantae thread, but you can bet if Geno's revealed I'm coming over and celebrating with yous :)

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
As a massive Geno supporter for the past decade plus I always felt there was someone in line ahead of him who needed to get in first before he could realistically be added. Each smash direct I would be hyped but always thinking in the back of my mind “if Geno’s in they probably won’t show him quite yet...”

With Ridley and K. Rool in and already shown, this is the first Direct where I actually feel like there is a chance Geno will be revealed. No one else is ahead of him anymore in my mind, and while I would agree with you all that Geno is probably more likely to be shown in a Smash specific direct, I can’t help but shake the feeling that he could come at literally any time now.

It’s going to be a very tough wait for the direct later, and an even tougher wait for these last couple months if our guy isn’t shown today. But we’ve come this far and waited this long and worked our asses off to will this character we love into relevancy, and we’re not stopping now.

Have a wonderful day gang and I’ll see you on the other side.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Today has been filled with bad omens. I had to go to the urgent Care because I'm sick and I'm pretty sure I sped in a school zone going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom