• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Today has been filled with bad omens. I had to go to the urgent Care because I'm sick and I'm pretty sure I sped in a school zone going there.
Hey sorry to hear man. What's got you ill? I just got over probably the worst strand of flu I've ever had in my life.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Today has been filled with bad omens. I had to go to the urgent Care because I'm sick and I'm pretty sure I sped in a school zone going there.
That sucks, but maybe there'll be good news to balance it out. like it's the storm before the calm ;)

Oh, and do you feel like adding me to the support list? I've asked before but I'm still not in it for w/e reason.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
I'm really confident geno will be in this game as a fighter. it's so obvious right now

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
There's no way that Yoko Shimomura is on deck and SMRPG music doesn't get remixed.

The FF composer is stingy whereas Yoko would jump at the opportunity.
Not enough people realize this and it actually frustrates me so much when people compare the two as a reason why Geno shouldn’t make it in.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
I really hope Geno's announced today. No more speculating for me.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
To be honest, I think we'll get Geno, 2-3 music from SMRPG and at best, Mallow as a trophy. I can't imagine more from SMRPG.
We would definitely get more. Final Fantasy is limited not because of Square but FF itself. Yoko Shimomura is already on-board for Ultimate, so music would not be an issue. SMRPG would have a lot more leeway with what can and can't be used. The only things I could see that would cause any major issues are Culex-related, given their relation to FF.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Never posted here before, but I'd like to say that I'm seriously anticipating Geno's reveal in the direct. Here's hoping wishes do come true.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
We would definitely get more. Final Fantasy is limited not because of Square but FF itself. Yoko Shimomura is already on-board for Ultimate, so music would not be an issue. SMRPG would have a lot more leeway with what can and can't be used. The only things I could see that would cause any major issues are Culex-related, given their relation to FF.
If Geno is called to smash for battle, I see us getting Geno as playable, a Mallow assist trophy, and a fistful of SMRPG music because the composer is already onboard for this game. The only thing I’m uncertain of is if SMRPG will get a stage or not.

TBH I don’t care what we get as long as Geno is playable.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
It’s a good thing I’m off today, cuz if geno gets revealed I’m probably gonna be cheering and screaming with joy. And my wife is gonna be wondering what the hell is wrong with me..

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm thinking if Geno is in, whether the stage is part of base or not, it'll come eventually (possibly as DLC). Thankfully, you can play a franchise's tracks on any stage from that franchise so there's no reason to believe that they can't add SMRPG music and then bring in the stage later.

(Oh neat... 4k posts.~)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think we'll find out today if there is going to be more stages available. So we'll just have to wait and see

I'd like to see Geno TODAY, but Skull Kid or Isaac seem more likely.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Idk about you guys, but I feel Geno would make sense to hold until the last character on the base roster. His inclusion would make the hype train right before the game drops go like crazy

If he shows today, I'll be hella surprised. Him and Skull Kid would work rather well together in a Direct video considering stars and moons

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yo, Teeb147 Teeb147 wanted to be added to the supporter list.

Are you boycotting them? >_>
Like I said, I had to go to the urgent care. I can update the list in a bit

I have a lot of people I need to add to the list
Thanks, it's ok really, I'd rather you take care and everything. That can be handled when it's the better time for that.

Have as much of a good day as you can, and let's see what the direct brings :)

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Idk about you guys, but I feel Geno would make sense to hold until the last character on the base roster. His inclusion would make the hype train right before the game drops go like crazy

If he shows today, I'll be hella surprised. Him and Skull Kid would work rather well together in a Direct video considering stars and moons
I would've agreed with you, but now that K Rool and Ridley have been shown, I'm not that sure anymore. I was expecting K Rool to be one of the last as well.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
A thought occurred to me about stages. There's six empty spaces left, right?

My line of thinking was that we'll get four more new original stages for the base game. I think there will be a slot for custom stages and another slot for DLC stages, much like the 3DS version of Smash.

So that leaves four spots open for new stages. Geno, Issac, and Shantae to me feel like the only newcomers who would get their own stage out of the most popular characters. A Pokemon would use one of the Pokemon stages (unless PokeFloats comes back) and Bandana Dee would use one of the Kirby stages. That still leaves one spot left for a potential other newcomer.

Although this only holds up if we aren't getting that many more new or returning stages.

I have no idea what Geno's stage would be. Bowser's Keep, Forest Maze, and Star Hill seem like the most logical choices for him.

Last edited:

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
I've personally never played Super Mario RPG but from what I've seen it looks like a really fun game and Geno is a really cool character. What I'm hoping for is that if Geno gets in, at least make Mallow an assist trophy because he's just as important as Geno when it comes to the game's story.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I am a supporter of Shantae.
And I have come to tell you this:

Good luck for today's Direct and hopefully Geno's reveal.
Hope your dreams become reality, at long last. ^w^

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, like Paragon-Yoshi, I am currently supporting Shantae.
However, Super Mario RPG is one of my favourite games of all time, and certainly my favourite RPG.
I would be ecstatic if Geno made it in, I am really hoping for his inclusion.
Good luck my friends, and I hope both of our characters will finally make it in to Smash!

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
This is honestly how I feel. With everything pointing in his favor, I'd seriously be surprised if he WASN'T playable this time around.
I'm way more optimistic due to Sakurai mentioning Geno by word of mouth saying, "He is a cool character and he wants him in Smash". We got K. Rool...who Sakurai has NEVER ONCE mentioned til the Famitsu on the 8.8 Direct. Geno has to be in the game... There are no doubts in my head anymore. Geno will be in!

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I'm way more optimistic due to Sakurai mentioning Geno by word of mouth saying, "He is a cool character and he wants him in Smash". We got K. Rool...who Sakurai has NEVER ONCE mentioned til the Famitsu on the 8.8 Direct. Geno has to be in the game... There are no doubts in my head anymore. Geno will be in!
This is the ace up our sleeve that I don’t think any other potential newcomer has going for them; sakurai’s blessing. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I went straight back to bed when I got back home But I added Teeb147 Teeb147 specifically to the supporter list. I work for the rest of the day so I'll try and update the rest later. (I'd call in but unfortunately Thursdays aren't days I can call in)

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Hey Ho everybody. Checking here during my lunch break at work, secretly hoping that there was a leak or blunder that told us Geno happened, or any other character. Skull Kid, Incineroar, Type: Null, Isaac, Bubsy the Bobcat, Shaquille O'Neal, etc. No such luck eh? I'll try to use a Co-workers internet to glimpse the newcomer from work when the direct is done. Here's hoping for the best!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
@ me if Geno news is involved. I'll probably check during my lunch.

Thursdays are horrible days for directs (for me)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Good luck to all Geno fans!

You guys have definitely been through a lot over the years, so if Geno shows up tonight I'll be really happy for you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno Censored.jpg

I think you've seen this image. I created a censored version of what it originally said

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
just a few hypotheticals for everyone in the chance today is not Geno's day.

- Incineroar gets in, implying Verg is creditable and we can expect to see another SE rep, which is most lilely Geno

- Skull Kid gets in, meaning loz has creditability, and theyve said Geno is in(granted loz has said quite a few contradictory things)

- Isaac is in, Geno's chances go up being the last standing highly requested Smash character since Brawl, also pretty much ensuring we wont see any SE JRPG rep as Isaac already represents it in a way any popular nominee from DQ, CT, or FF could bring to the table.

- Shantae, Waddle Dee, Banjo-Kazooie get announced, it shrinks the top ranking spots of most likely to get in, upping the chances Geno's inclusion.

im thinking Geno is going to be saved for the first reveal of the next Smash Directso Sakurai cma in detail speak about him ala Simon, but would be happy of today was his day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom