• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I believe in Geno! not sure if he would actually be tomorrow or later. but do believe he is in there just waiting to make his grand entrance!
but I do surely wish that we'll get Geno tomorrow! just so I struggle can finally end!

although it's more than just smash news tomorrow. so what non smash related things are you guys hoping to see? I kinda hope we can get a little extra peek into metroid prime 4. but it's unlikely. also as a Mother fan I will always have a small hope for mother 3.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Good luck my dudes.

I'm still sticking to my little theory about him being revealed next month, but I would loooove to be proven wrong tomorrow.
Absolutely love it.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Could you imagine Nintendo doing a 'Year of Geno' like they did with Luigi?
That would be pretty amazing ^^

It only makes sense with how each newcomer has been revealed so far that Geno should be next. Maybe im over reaching here but it's as if they've been purely going down the line of the most classic and oldest and longest running of the old picks for newcomers so far from most to least wanted. Ridley-K.Rool-GENO
Simon was just thrown in there to appease Konami. Bandana Dee is next after Geno
Prolly a Pokemon will show up... And then maybe Lip as the classic retro/ wildcard sakurai choice???

Like i said im really reaching here; pure speculation, no factz ;P

Edit: oh crap i forgot Shantae and Issac! x_X

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I would say I think Geno will be saved until last, but I thought K Rool would be saved for later too and look what happened. I think it's completely possible that he'll be confirmed tommorow. I'm incredibly excited as a new Geno fan who just played Mario rpg for the first time this year. I can't imagine what it's like for those of you who have been waiting for years and years to finally have Geno so close. I'm sure he'll make it this time.

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
Part of me wants to say it's not his time yet, but then we've already gotten the two most hyped legacy characters, and I'd like to believe Sakurai saw TerminalMontage's video and decided to release Geno next. I'm a mixed bag of getting hyped and trying not to get too hyped to say the least. Here's hoping.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Wishing to Star Road for Geno tomorrow!! Not sure how likely he is, but he is definitely the reveal I want to see. Honestly, I think Bandana Dee or Isaac are more likely, but I'd be happy with either of those as well--Geno will come, whether now or later, so those would be fine too!

The only thing I'd be entirely indifferent to is a Pokemon reveal. Could not care less about that, lol.

Come on, Geno!

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
This being a broad Nintendo direct, I am hoping for a blurb on Mario RPG being added to whatever this version of the virtual console is, leading right into the reveal of our boy in blue. If we get our wish, I hope they add Geno into the broader Mario family, back into spin offs, Mario kart etc.

TBone06

Smash Ace
This being a broad Nintendo direct, I am hoping for a blurb on Mario RPG being added to whatever this version of the virtual console is, leading right into the reveal of our boy in blue. If we get our wish, I hope they add Geno into the broader Mario family, back into spin offs, Mario kart etc.
I think it could be cool if they start the direct the same way as the Simon reveal, where they announce Geno, reveal that he is from Super Mario RPG, and then reveal a bunch of older games coming to the switch (SMRPG Included)

It will be interesting. Not getting my hopes up, but you never know.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I will be pleasently surprised if he is annouced. Well, not simply pleasantly, but mentally screaming like a little girl since I will be at the office. Gotta be somewhat professional.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Here's hoping tomorrow is the glorious day we've all dreamt of.

While I don't expect Geno tomorrow, I do expect to be restless tonight when I go to bed. Time to grab some Nyquil!

Last edited:

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I’m from the Isaac thread. Just coming through to say good luck. Hopefully one of our threads gets their character reveal tomorrow. Although I do believe Geno is a lock anyways.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Could you imagine Nintendo doing a 'Year of Geno' like they did with Luigi?
They do that and we'll finally have Super Mario RPG 2. Or Paper Mario / Mario & Luigi with Geno. Even without the special year treatment, he has bigger chance of returning if he gets any spotlight.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I’m from the Isaac thread. Just coming through to say good luck. Hopefully one of our threads gets their character reveal tomorrow. Although I do believe Geno is a lock anyways.
TBH I know absolutely nothing about Isaac, but I want him to get in on the basis of his fans being one of the nicest fandoms I’ve come across recently. I hope us Geno fans and all the Isaac fans finally get to control their heroes of choice this December!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Good luck to you Geno fans from the Isaac fanbase. We've both been waiting for our characters to be in Smash for over a decade so if Geno got in I'd be so happy for you

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I would say I think Geno will be saved until last, but I thought K Rool would be saved for later too and look what happened. I think it's completely possible that he'll be confirmed tommorow. I'm incredibly excited as a new Geno fan who just played Mario rpg for the first time this year. I can't imagine what it's like for those of you who have been waiting for years and years to finally have Geno so close. I'm sure he'll make it this time.
Character reveals are typically in anti-climatic order so stuff is going to be less exciting. I don't see Geno happening because we know the music for this week was suppose to relate to the newcomer and since the week prior was a Mario song, I don't think they'd double up. I think Geno would be sooner than later though.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yooo, fingers crosse for some cool news tomorow.

Could be Geno. We'll just have to see :)

Good luckss

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Character reveals are typically in anti-climatic order so stuff is going to be less exciting. I don't see Geno happening because we know the music for this week was suppose to relate to the newcomer and since the week prior was a Mario song, I don't think they'd double up. I think Geno would be sooner than later though.
Wait... Mario music was last week? And the Direct was originally going to be shown last week. *thinking face emoji*

NukeA6

Smash Master
Meh, any Smash trailer is gonna be hype for me. I even like the assist trophy/disconfirmation moments.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Wait... Mario music was last week? And the Direct was originally going to be shown last week. *thinking face emoji*
Sorry. This week was Pikmin. Last week was Mario. If the direct happened like it should of, it would have gone Mario>???>Pikmin. While its very possible for Mario to get another song (got two on the Wii U site), I don't think it will be back to back. My guess this time is Pokemon, then Xenoblade.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Damn, my heart thinks that Geno is coming but my brain is telling me that he's coming for a Smash Direct.
We'll see, but damn i just can't wait, still 21 hours to wait...

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Ridley didn't come with Metroid music, I believe. They could wait a bit to post the music.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Ridley didn't come with Metroid music, I believe. They could wait a bit to post the music.
Metroid was the next music update for music, followed by Splatoon.

We already know the music was moved around this week given the blog numbers, suggesting the music was for the new character.

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
If we're following the music theory, Geno is outright deconfirmed for the base game as a Mario representive. The only options are the music theory is incorrect, or Geno is getting a unique symbol.

Last edited:

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
Even IF the music theory is true, I could see them intentionally breaking the pattern once we get closer to release...Especially if they’re wanting to surprise people with a newcomer from a series with music already posted.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely thinking Geno would be given the Wario/Yoshi treatment as a separate series (like the fake leak that had his series logo as "RPG"). It would be weird if a third-party character was just thrown in there at the end of the Mario series.

Regardless, I wouldn't take too much stock in the music theory. It's still very possible we can get unique newcomers without music, or that we'll straight up get music from the same series in the last few weeks.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm definitely thinking Geno would be given the Wario/Yoshi treatment as a separate series (like the fake leak that had his series logo as "RPG"). It would be weird if a third-party character was just thrown in there at the end of the Mario series.

Regardless, I wouldn't take too much stock in the music theory. It's still very possible we can get unique newcomers without music, or that we'll straight up get music from the same series in the last few weeks.
I kinda feel like they would label him a Mario character, but give him a unique victory theme.

I don't think Geno getting the Yoshi/Wario treatment would make sense, when unlike Yoshi and Wario, Geno hasn't had his own games or series. The two Nintendo games he showed up in were still Mario games. Granted, that's just how I feel, I could see SE being stingy and pushing for Geno to be his character with his own logo and all.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I kinda feel like they would label him a Mario character, but give him a unique victory theme.

I don't think Geno getting the Yoshi/Wario treatment would make sense, when unlike Yoshi and Wario, Geno hasn't had his own games or series. The two Nintendo games he showed up in were still Mario games. Granted, that's just how I feel, I could see SE being stingy and pushing for Geno to be his character with his own logo and all.
ah really? i heard it was posted and removed.

NukeA6

Smash Master

anyone hear about this?
Hopefully this is fake but it's time to leave everything Smash-related until after 6PM. I was lucky to miss the Bloody Tears leak and I don't want to be a victim of this one. Kinda kills some hype for me since I like reveals coming out of the blue (no pun-intended).

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully this is fake but it's time to leave everything Smash-related until after 6PM. I was lucky to miss the Bloody Tears leak and I don't want to be a victim of this one. Kinda kills some hype for me since I like reveals coming out of the blue (no pun-intended).
It's fake. As they said, Nintendo just gives the music videos numbers now, instead of full titles.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Good luck tomorrow you guys! I really do believe Geno is a matter not of if, but when, at this point. :)
Couldn't have said it better myself. Geno is in this damn game. xD He has been a lock to me since K. Rool. He will happen. All the haters will be proven wrong and you guys will be able to celebrate the return of this eternal savior of the stars. (overly optimistic...yes) Not tomorrow though?!

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
arrrg! I cant wait! im still rooting for shantae as my #1 pick, but Geno is a close second.

you know... being a half genie... maybe she could use some of Geno's help to make my WISHES come TRUE~

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If we're following the music theory, Geno is outright deconfirmed for the base game as a Mario representive. The only options are the music theory is incorrect, or Geno is getting a unique symbol.
I never put much stock in the music theory to be honest. Everything we've seen so far, barring the bloody tears mistake are only what we were meant to see.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Been continuing my Mario RPG replay during the wait. man it's been so long since I've played this game. it is absolutely delightful and charming. and it's been a wonderful experience reliving these old memories and seeing this cute little moments that just make my heart sing.
A goomba introducing Bowser to his children as "Uncle Bowser" and Bowser so willing to let his minions who found new lives continue on living as they see fit.
reminds me why I love the big lug so much <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom