• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well Im obviously not expecting her in THIS smash bros game since she not only has Jump up superstar as a song but she also appears in the background on the new donk city stage. Plus you can't deny that that is a completely unique way to fight since we don't have a single fighter that solely uses music and rhythm as a way to fight, and no Jiggly puff does not count because she only has ONE singing move that mainly put you to sleep. The only characters I can think of that would use music and rhythm as their movesets would be a rhythm heaven character or hatsune miku.
I'll pour one out if Pauline takes the Rhythm Heaven gimmick...

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
xpnc agrees
I'm going to be honest here, if Geno isn't fighter #4, I'll be mixed waiting for #5. Nintendo's track history with somewhat bad final choices for their rosters makes me concerned for Geno because if he isn't in the next direct as a confirmed fighter, he might not get in at all unless Sakurai tells them to make him the grand finale.

I don't know but I'm pretty certain he'll get in regardless.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
JammerProHD believes Geno is probably a lock for the Fighter's Pass because of his level of fan demand.

He also believes Tracer is possibly one of the last two fighters, though he's uncertain.
Who is JammerProHD?

I'm going to be honest here, if Geno isn't fighter #4, I'll be mixed waiting for #5. Nintendo's track history with somewhat bad final choices for their rosters makes me concerned for Geno because if he isn't in the next direct as a confirmed fighter, he might not get in at all unless Sakurai tells them to make him the grand finale.
Why do you think I expect someone like Byleth, a Generation 8 Pokemon or something else along those lines

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Who is JammerProHD?
He's a YouTuber who makes Nintendo-related content. He made a video discussing who he thinks could be the last two fighters and he's confident Geno will get in regardless of the spirit. He's not super noticeable among YouTube but I figured it was worth mentioning that there's more of us Genofans out there.

Also, I would be perfectly fine with Obstagoon. It looks so cool but realistically speaking, I think Corviknight stands a tiny chance(?)

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
He's a YouTuber who makes Nintendo-related content. He made a video discussing who he thinks could be the last two fighters and he's confident Geno will get in regardless of the spirit. He's not super noticeable among YouTube but I figured it was worth mentioning that there's more of us Genofans out there.
Does he have a noticeable track record or is it just speculation on his part?

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Of course I want geno more than anything since I'm so curious what he's gonna look like in 3D.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Does he have a noticeable track record or is it just speculation on his part?
It's entirely speculation. He lists characters he thinks has a chance, like 2B, Kratos, Crash, Tracer, Geno, Steve, etc, but he's confident that Geno is the most likely out of all the characters he mentioned and explained.

Z Zav22 , I feel like he'll look a bit like this render because it feels like the style Sakurai has set for Smash this time around. Honestly, I would love if this was the design and model they used for Smash.

Attachments

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
It's entirely speculation. He lists characters he thinks has a chance, like 2B, Kratos, Crash, Tracer, Geno, Steve, etc, but he's confident that Geno is the most likely out of all the characters he mentioned and explained.
Ok :/ (as in I hoped it was someone that had a track record).
What I would hope that someone like Shinobi would leak him now :/

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Yeah Ive seen lots of different 3D renders for geno and this looks good, but I personally liked the one smashified did as well as the one that was recently shown on 4chan, THAT ONE BLEW ME when I saw it in the thumbnail for the first time on Papagenos channel. I know it was fake but to me that one looked the best in my personal opinion.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
Ok :/ (as in I hoped it was someone that had a track record).
What I would hope that someone like Shinobi would leak him now :/
Yeah it's a bit annoying that the only credible leaker to have maybe said anything about smash is Starling guy/Sabi's source, who's (whether for self preservation or just fun) is committed to doing reveals in a very roundabout, ambiguous way.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If I had to rank them, though I like all of them...:

3) Recent Geno- it looks nice but the proportions of the model feel really off to me, especially the head...

2) Smashified Geno- It looks pretty similar to Mario's build, which makes it look really good for Geno.

1) Ultimate Geno- I feel this one just makes Geno look really good compared to the other two. Maybe it's the darker blue(?) Maybe it's the additional details (?) IDK but that one is my favorite.

All I know is that I'm grateful people care enough to make these great models!
Which one is you guys' favorite?

Attachments

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

3) Recent Geno- it looks nice but the proportions of the model feel really off to me, especially the head...

2) Smashified Geno- It looks pretty similar to Mario's build, which makes it look really good for Geno.

1) Ultimate Geno- I feel this one just makes Geno look really good compared to the other two. Maybe it's the darker blue(?) Maybe it's the additional details (?) IDK but that one is my favorite.

I feel the first one is off, but the other two are great.

I also like the edits a couple of users here made to the Smashified render.

Attachments

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I feel the first one is off, but the other two are great.

I also like the edits a couple of users here made to the Smashified render.
That looks good! The colors on the original throw me off a little because I think he should be dark blue and not light blue.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
There's a lot of surprises when it comes to Three Houses' reception. With the recent poll shows that there's no one right choice for a House Leader to be a playable character. Claude being the most liked and Blue Lions being most people's first choices. I can't imagine them just choosing Edelgard would be a good idea now. It really needs the be all three or just Byleth.

https://twitter.com/maikantopia/status/1166548353703800833?s=19

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Oh I like the edited one better, I also like the brown eyes better than the red eyes because it's more accurate and the same color as his body, but yours looks great overall.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I like the red eyes. I'm pretty sure we don't have any fighters with that eye color and I feel like it stands out a little. I don't mind brown either though, as my eyes are too! :3

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Hey so are mine, and I see what you mean they do make him look a little more intimidating. Also Bowser, Lucario, Greninja, Ivysaur, Corrin, Wolf, Sheik, and I think squirtle all have red eyes.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Hey so are mine, and I see what you mean they do make him look a little more intimidating. Also Bowser, Lucario, Greninja, Ivysaur, Corrin, Wolf, Sheik, and I think squirtle all have red eyes.
I'd argue that Lucario's and Shiek's are more pink/magenta but I get what you mean. You did name all of the reddish eyes individuals though, so good job!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh I like the edited one better, I also like the brown eyes better than the red eyes because it's more accurate and the same color as his body, but yours looks great overall.
Oh, the edits were by Slender I think, and someone else (I forgot their username), so it’s not mine.

But yeah, whether his eyes are red or more brown it’d look cool. Sky blue for his cape and hat could look cool too if they were to base his render on his sprite.

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Lol thanks, also do you think geno would have a voice if he got in smash? I think they'll go the silent route with him but if he did I would imagine it would sound slightly kiddish but more in a mature tone.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I think he'll be silent, most likely, but if he were to have one, I really like the way ProZD portrays Geno's voice

D

Deleted member

The Ultimate render is the best Geno render to be perfectly honest

Zav22

Smash Cadet
Yeah me too, even though I've seen that he does talk a lot in SMRPG I really can't quit picture a voice for him that suits him. Also who's ProZD?

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
I think he'll be silent, most likely, but if he were to have one, I really like the way ProZD portrays Geno's voice
I know it’s a bit strange, but I’ve always imagined Geno having a Steve Buscemi type voice. A great example of sort-of high pitched/nasally voices I think of for Geno are Vergil from Devil May Cry and Lewyn from Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War!

D

Deleted member

If Geno's in, he'll definitely be silent, like some characters in the game are. I just want them to make his jump sound the jump sound from Mario RPG

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Yeah me too, even though I've seen that he does talk a lot in SMRPG I really can't quit picture a voice for him that suits him. Also who's ProZD?
ProZD is another YouTuber. He made a comic dub with Geno and co as the main characters and I like the way Geno's voice is portrayed in it.

Zav22

Smash Cadet
ProZD is another YouTuber. He made a comic dub with Geno and co as the main characters and I like the way Geno's voice is portrayed in it.
Oh I've never seen it, maybe I'll watch it when I get the chance, reminds of him being in that Japan exclusive comic series Super Mario Kun.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Arnold Schwarzenegger is not voicing The Terminator in MK11 despite the character being in the game, wouldn’t it be funny if it’s because he’s voicing Geno instead? Imagine all of Geno’s lines read verbatim by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I have no doubt that 3H is a dope game, but even FE fans at this point must be wary of the prospect of ANOTHER FE rep in Smash. It's come to the point where I feel like instead of promoting the brand/new game, a new FE rep would be ACTIVELY ANTAGONIZING the Smash install base (not that I think that would be Sakurai/Nintendo's INTENT, but that would be the end result), and would just end up generating ill will toward the franchise.

I'd be fine with Pauline as an ECHO, or an alt, or something along those lines, but Pauline as a distinct newcomer feels premature. Give her a prominent role in an Odyssey sequel, or throw her in a few Mario spinoffs, then I'd be less against the idea. Though I still think any additional Mario rep (barring Waluigi, who at least has a strong demand behind him) is overkill.

I may be alone with this, but I always imagined Geno as kind of the Silver Surfer of the Mario universe. I could see him being voiced by Michael Rosenbaum, if anyone.

D

Deleted member

Arnold Schwarzenegger is not voicing The Terminator in MK11 despite the character being in the game, wouldn’t it be funny if it’s because he’s voicing Geno instead? Imagine all of Geno’s lines read verbatim by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Geno, appearing on the Battlefield of Smash after a 23 year absense, with his brand new Arnold Schwarzenegger voice: I'm back

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I have no doubt that 3H is a dope game, but even FE fans at this point must be wary of the prospect of ANOTHER FE rep in Smash. It's come to the point where I feel like instead of promoting the brand/new game, a new FE rep would be ACTIVELY ANTAGONIZING the Smash install base (not that I think that would be Sakurai/Nintendo's INTENT, but that would be the end result), and would just end up generating ill will toward the franchise.
As someone that has Fire Emblem has his favorite videogame franchise since Fire Emblem Blazing Sword (or just Fire Emblem as its also own) was released back in 2003, I can tell you with confidence that, if there is a group that dislikes the representation of the Fire Emblem franchise, is the Fire Emblem fandom themselves and not the Smash community. Sure, it's awesome to see that the franchise has evolved in popularity to that it gained as many characters that it has been given, but when majority could be alts, and the only one that people truly been hyped about is Robin, then that's saying something. The franchise can give more than just a person with only a sword (which Corrin and Robin have shown). Heck even though he would be a sword wielder too, even Black Knight (who many speculated to have the chance to get in due to the Smash4 Mii costumes) would have brought something new (in this cause a villain)

Do I think 3H could get a rep? Unfortunately, I do concidering how Nintendo see to love to push this franchise and their patterns of revealing character. Especially now with the lack of spirits which could be an easy last-minute promotion ( I mean, how hard would it really been to add the 3 lords and both version as Byleth as JPGs a week before release), yet something like Tetris 99 gets a Fire Emblem skin and music that was released a day or so ago. I mean, without spirits now, 3H could easily come with spirits, a stage, music, and a character to fit the bill. Byleth would even fit the "comrade" theory with Byleths taunts contain the girl on the throne you see in the trailer (or maybe even the 3 lords for that matter) just like how Hero has Slime and Joker has Morgana if that's a pattern.

Edit About Arnold voicing Geno - In the voice of Jean Luc Picard, Make it so

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I recently found a custom stage online of the Great Mighty Poo fight, complete with toilet paper platform, animated singing Poo and a terrified living sweetcorn.

Needless to say, my game has never felt so Ultimate...
You’re not going to just say this and NOT drop the ID, are you?

Geno Boost

Smash Master

man times have really changed i remember the times when the most used Geno render was this

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Imagining Arnie saying "Yo, Smithy" puts a smile on my face

D

Deleted member

Do I think 3H could get a rep? Unfortunately, I do concidering how Nintendo see to love to push this franchise and their patterns of revealing character. Especially now with the lack of spirits which could be an easy last-minute promotion
Aside from Banjo we've so far gotten nothing but shill reps in this wave of DLC. If it was going to be a Three Houses character, they would have been one of the first DLC fighters revealed to drive up interest in Three Houses, probably revealed alongside Joker, likely before so that Joker could restore faith in the Fighters Pass. After the way fans reacted to Corrin, I like to believe Nintendo hears loud and clear that Smash players are sick and tired of Fire Emblem characters, especially when they're 80% low-effort carbon copies of one another. Not to mention they've advertised Fire Emblem through other means like it's their number one moneymaker, and have changed it (for the worse imo) to attract a larger, less demanding audience, which in turn honestly has made it one of their biggest hits.

If they want to add spirits they can sneak them in with any old update, just like they did with the Link's Awakening spirits.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hold on yall all that there is that it's a video game character, female, will likely upset/confuse the general audience meaning it's somewhat niche but still recognizable. And now rides a mech. There are WAY to many possible characters for that to point to dva or whoever new overwatch character Everyone is getting upset about now(I know next to nothing about ow in case you couldn't tell : ) ). Not to mention the high likelihood this is a bunch of crap unloaded for kicks anyway. That being said....

TRON BONNE MIGHT COME TO SMASH AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
#TronBonne4Smash baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom