• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I'd be disappointed. She comes off more as another Peach clone moveset wise.

People are talking about it because it's disappointing and everyone is expecting disappointment from Nintendo after having Joker and Banjo & Kazooie revealed.
You’re not saying Banjo-Kazooie and Joker were disappointments, are you?

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Alright, I've had enough. This is a support thread for a puppet from a 23 year old game that most of us care about. Why are we STILL discussing Tracer? In this spoiler below, I'm going to discuss Tracer, so don't look if you don't want reality to hit. I intend on ending this discussion.
If you want Tracer in Smash because she's LGBTQ, you're playing video games for the wrong reason. At least that's what I think.

I wouldn't mind Tracer but her being "representation of LGBTQ" is not a reason I would pick her. She has more qualities to her than just "I'm LGBTQ, look at me!" Tracer is a genuinely good character. It's almost like she's human. Here's why I would pick her.

1) She's a colorful, unique take on an FPS character.
Tracer is more than the doom and gloom of the Doom Slayer or Master Chief and the mildly cartoony color palette makes Tracer feel unique among her fellow FPS heroes. Her bright orange suit stands out to me and I like characters with unique takes on a genre.

2) Tracer is human and her personality makes her good.
She's not some hero who always wins and stands for something. Tracer is shown to make mistakes and bad calls. She got someone assassinated because of it. She was upset because of it. She's more than just the plucky upstart so many see her as. She has personality and I can respect that. Tracer is more than a one-sided coin.

3) Her sexuality doesn't dictate her morals or affect gameplay at all.
This is the controversial part so you've been warned. Tracer being LGBTQ should not be a determining factor in this. There's more to her than just that and it hurts me to see that THAT is an actual reason some people accept her. I, personally, don't care what your race, sexuality, or age is. It's what makes you you that matters most. Age, race, and sexuality don't determine your character.

Truth be told, for the game I'm working on, I considered making my main protagonist gay with another character but then it hit me. "Why?" Why would I include that in her story? The story is a robot who rises up from her dark past and learns to be... almost human. Her sexuality shouldn't matter because that doesn't determine her character. It shouldn't be in the story at all because it doesn't fit the theme. If the fans want to make headcanons or fanart, so be it. However, that doesn't determine what I like about a character.

Video games shouldn't be enjoyed because they support LGBTQ or a political group or a specific race. It's nice to do so but you shouldn't dictate whether a game is good or a character is worthy because of it. It's about the story, the characters, the destinations, the battles! It's about the friends you make along the way and the enemies you face! The places you explore and the story that's weaved together! The epic conclusion to a narrative, whether it's depressing, frustrating, or joyful!

I apologise if I offended anyone but Tracer is more than just LGBTQ. She would put a nice spin on a FPS and she would fit well with the modern takes on heroes. She'd be fresh like the Luminary and Joker. A new generation of characters for the Ultimate fighting game. I'd be honored if Tracer made it into Smash.

Also, @Fisher , Samus probably has nothing to do with trans rights. If anything, it's feminism, which was a much bigger deal back in the 80s and 90s and was likely the intended use of Samus's character. A strong, independent female protagonist showing what they're capable of. Not saying it couldn't be trans rights but I don't think that's what she was intended for.
If you read that, hopefully we can put it all aside now. This was my TED Talk and I want you guys to understand that I'm completely neutral with whatever reason you pick for her. I'm going to go back to talking about Geno now, as that was the main intention of this thread. I'm certain I will get backlash but that's life. Can't make everyone happy.

So, Geno. Possible taunt options?
I couldn't agree more; it's beyond time to put the Tracer discussion to rest. In the Geno moveset(s) I posted a few pages back I included some taunt options, but I'm pretty sure only a handful of people saw my post and probably less (understandably so) actually took the time to read it. Now I'm not sure if it's worth posting again as I feel it will probably just get lost again with how quick this thread moves lol.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
You’re not saying Banjo-Kazooie and Joker were disappointments, are you?
No, not at all. I'm just saying that Joker and Banjo & Kazooie were hype picks, now because everyone thinks history will repeat itself (Smash 4 final presentation and Ultimate's November 1st Nintendo direct) everyone is expecting the last two characters to be the most disappointing picks.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No, not at all. I'm just saying that Joker and Banjo & Kazooie were hype picks, now because everyone thinks history will repeat itself (Smash 4 final presentation and Ultimate's Nintendo direct) we will see that the last two character will be disappointing to most people.
Oh, I see. It’s possible, but who knows if it will turn out true? It is just people thinking that, after all.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think he was refering to avoid the "LGBT+ Rep", talking about that is like saying LGBT+ is a game enough to be in SSB.
Also you know how people like reggie works (Even tho he doesn't work in N anymore).. that games are about fun, not about politics or stuff, Like "we support you buy our games".
Remember the Sugiyama Drama in this thread?
Just because it absolutely needs to be re-emphasized, sexuality is not political and not just "stuff." It's a defining aspect of your life that you will always live with. It doesn't mean that it's your only defining feature or that you should be known exclusively be your sexuality (unless that's how you choose to conduct yourself in life), but it's an important part of one's personal identity. I'm beyond frustrated to see people considering this a "political issue" these days. Race, sexuality, age, gender, etc. are all important parts of your overall identity and will influence your experiences in life.

And frankly, this whole discussion is the most disappointed I've ever been with this thread. One. One person said Tracer's sexuality was enough to add her and multiple people specifically jumped on to that distortion of the discussion to call out "token diversity." Characters shouldn't generally be added just because of their sexuality (again, they're a multitude of qualities that define a person well beyond sexuality and same for characters), but Tracer is a well developed and popular character on her own that deserves the spot as much as any other character that people like and support, and she just happens to be a canonically defined lesbian as well. People were just talking about how that's a plus to the character and adds something Smash is currently lacking in (like with Dixie Kong, people appreciate the character/series she comes from and the fact that she's another female character on the roster). And while representation doesn't necessarily fit with the main purpose of Smash, it's still an important factor that's worth considering when adding some characters (God knows Smash fans love to ***** the over-representation of sword characters, anime characters, or just human characters, so the community actually does rather care about representation on some level). Diversity is an important quality to all media and should be celebrated when we see it. Again, it's not the primary means by which a character is chosen, but it can be a very good thing that works in favor of a character being considered too.

I'll leave it at that.

Would people even be disappointed by Pauline?
Considering that she would probably piss off Waluigi fans, Toad fans, Paper Mario fans, and Geno fans in one fell swoop? Yeah, I'm going to wager people would not be happy with her inclusion.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm beyond frustrated to see people considering this a "political issue" these days. Race, sexuality, age, gender, etc. are all important parts of your overall identity and will influence your experiences in life.
I wish I could like a post multiple times. :(

Considering that she would probably piss off Waluigi fans, Toad fans, Paper Mario fans, and Geno fans in one fell swoop? Yeah, I'm going to wager people would not be happy with her inclusion.
Probably, yeah... but with that said, this Geno fan sure wouldn't mind seeing Pauline make it to Smash. I love her. Odyssey gave her so much life that she sorely needed.

Firox

Smash Master
Peach kisses Toadette if you beat the game as her in New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.

Take that for what you will.
That.....actually explains a lot. No wonder Mario never gets any. Peach plays for the other team....or at least not for his.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I wish I could like a post multiple times. :(

Probably, yeah... but with that said, this Geno fan sure wouldn't mind seeing Pauline make it to Smash. I love her. Odyssey gave her so much life that she sorely needed.
On the first part, yeah... It's not my favorite thing the world has decided to do recently...

As for Pauline. I don't have any specific issue with her and she seems like a perfectly reasonable choice (I don't really know what she would do, but I know Sakurai could make it work). But I just figured all the other "Mario character" fan bases would be rather upset about getting passed over yet again. We've seen how people reacted to Plant (to anyone else reading this, we're not getting into that again, just an acknowledgement of how things have played out in the past), so I'd imagine that same salt would more or less be back with Pauline.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I think I better cool it for a while given the wildfire that has been going on the last 24 hours for me. Given the fact we need to wait till September for any new smash bros news, I really am expecting a female fighter as that's a good way to round out the FP roster we currently got. Until then our star boy is thankfully still in the running so I will keep my hope going. Banjo Redeemed Isaac for me, So I hope Geno can make it too!

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I have the perfect rep for that matter who has been on Nintendo consoles
Undyne.
Alright, see ya

MattX20

Smash Hero
The obvious taunt is Geno crossing his arms and doing the head nod. I could see him spinning around like he does at the end of the game, but add the star spirit swirling around him as he does it. I would love the last taunt to be pulling stuff out of his hat.

Also unrelated, but I turned 31 today! I have leveled up!
Happy Birthday

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Just because it absolutely needs to be re-emphasized, sexuality is not political and not just "stuff." It's a defining aspect of your life that you will always live with. It doesn't mean that it's your only defining feature or that you should be known exclusively be your sexuality (unless that's how you choose to conduct yourself in life), but it's an important part of one's personal identity. I'm beyond frustrated to see people considering this a "political issue" these days. Race, sexuality, age, gender, etc. are all important parts of your overall identity and will influence your experiences in life.

And frankly, this whole discussion is the most disappointed I've ever been with this thread. One. One person said Tracer's sexuality was enough to add her and multiple people specifically jumped on to that distortion of the discussion to call out "token diversity." Characters shouldn't generally be added just because of their sexuality (again, they're a multitude of qualities that define a person well beyond sexuality and same for characters), but Tracer is a well developed and popular character on her own that deserves the spot as much as any other character that people like and support, and she just happens to be a canonically defined lesbian as well. People were just talking about how that's a plus to the character and adds something Smash is currently lacking in (like with Dixie Kong, people appreciate the character/series she comes from and the fact that she's another female character on the roster). And while representation doesn't necessarily fit with the main purpose of Smash, it's still an important factor that's worth considering when adding some characters (God knows Smash fans love to ***** the over-representation of sword characters, anime characters, or just human characters, so the community actually does rather care about representation on some level). Diversity is an important quality to all media and should be celebrated when we see it. Again, it's not the primary means by which a character is chosen, but it can be a very good thing that works in favor of a character being considered too.

I'll leave it at that.

I agree with you, but you missed the whole point.
Adding a Character just because of its Sexual Orientation is just not okay. Tracer is more than that. And that was my point.
But gonna drop the topic, lets talk about Geno

link2702

Smash Champion
For taunting, the obvious ones to me, are...

Up taunt: pulls a random item from his hat like in smrpg. Almost all are just for show except the mushrooms, which have a low chance of appearing. Normal shroom heals 2%, mid heals 5%, max heals 10%, this taunt also isn’t cancelable.

Side taunt, his victory animation in smrpg.

Down taunt, his star form jumps out from the doll while it goes dormant, does some sort of twirls or something in the air, before possessing the doll again.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No, not at all. I'm just saying that Joker and Banjo & Kazooie were hype picks, now because everyone thinks history will repeat itself (Smash 4 final presentation and Ultimate's November 1st Nintendo direct) everyone is expecting the last two characters to be the most disappointing picks.
Oh, I see. It’s possible, but who knows if it will turn out true? It is just people thinking that, after all.
64: :ness64:

Melee: :gawmelee:

Brawl: :wolf:

Smash 4 base: :4duckhunt:

Smash 4 DLC: :4bayonetta:

Ultimate base: :ultincineroar:

Not to say these guys suck, but they are certainly not hype inducing enough to be a final pick. But as history has shown, it won't surprise me one bit if the finale DLC character in Ultimate is greatly disappointing at first glance.

Why can't leaks/speculation ever go in our favor?
What do you mean? It did for Banjo & Kazooie when Shinobi teased them at first on ResetEra and than all the insiders and credible leakers were all on the "Banjo & Kazooie is happening." Train.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I agree with you, but you missed the whole point.
Adding a Character just because of its Sexual Orientation is just not okay. Tracer is more than that. And that was my point.
But gonna drop the topic, lets talk about Geno
I don't think that came across clearly in your post, but I'll leave it at that.

People are talking about it because it's disappointing and everyone is expecting disappointment from Nintendo after having Joker and Banjo & Kazooie revealed.
I think it's kind of funny that people consider Joker a "hype pick" now after so many hardcore fans were not happy about his inclusion at all (He always was in my mind, but oh well haha).

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I have the perfect rep for that matter who has been on Nintendo consoles
Undyne.
Alright, see ya
Talk about wanting to like a post more than once.

Also, as for Pauline, I can definitely see backlash from fans who have been clamoring for other Mario characters. Like others have said Plant is a good example even though I personally was never opposed to Piranha Plant as I thought it was a fun, goofy, unique character to add that didn't really hurt Geno's chances. I feel like I would warm up to Pauline but she definitely wouldn't have the same appeal of being a fun, goofy, unique character and Im not familiar with her since I haven't played Odyssey so I would be disappointed and feel that she did take a slot away from Geno or (Captain) Toad/Toadette and to a lesser extent Waluigi. But I'm never opposed to new characters because I'm always excited to try them out even if they're not who I wanted. None of DLC so far is actually a character that I really wanted. Joker is probably the closest since I do like SMT but I didn't know who Joker was. I never played Dragon Quest or owned Banjo Kazooie, but I understand why all of them deserve a spot and I wouldn't have the same understanding for Pauline.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

Not to say these guys suck, but they are certainly not hype inducing enough to be a final pick. But as history has shown, it won't surprise me one bit if the finale DLC character in Ultimate is greatly disappointing at first glance.
I arguee that TL was more anti-hype then Wolf

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I think it's kind of funny that people consider Joker a "hype pick" now after so many hardcore fans were not happy about his inclusion at all (He always was in my mind, but oh well haha).
Most people seem to be happy with his inclusion now probably after looking up a playthrough of Persona 5 (Like I did. Kind of wish it was on the Switch though)

Firox

Smash Master

I agree on all of these except for Wolf. That boy was and always will be hype AF. That said, we ended the base game with PP, Incineroar and an echo, so here's to a dismal finale!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I arguee that TL was more anti-hype then Wolf
TL? Who is TL?

Edit: Stupid me, it's :toonlink: you're talking about.

I agree on all of these except for Wolf. That boy was and always will be hype AF. That said, we ended the base game with PP, Incineroar and an echo, so here's to a dismal finale!
Wolf was the best finale pick of them all so far. But still, he isn't a show stopper.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
One of the key things that Sakurai often looks for when selecting characters is what can be termed "Personality", or a unique form of play that makes each fighter different from the last. Smash 4's newcomers selection in particular was rife with this kind of design mentality, but you can see this in action with all sorts of chracter from just about every game. Hell, some characters were even decided against specifically because they didn't offer much new or unique, such as Chrom being passed up for Robin because he's be just another Marth-esque character, or Incineroar being chosen over Decidueye because Smash hasn't had a wrestler character before.

Tracer is really boring. Despite being the face of Overwatch, with her vissage plastered on every game case, nobody really seems to care all that much about her. Ask any fan of Overwatch which character they play, and 9 times out of 10 it will be someone who isn't Tracer. Her moveset consists of baby glocks, zipping around really fast, and turning back time a bit. There are plenty of characters who do those things already.
- Slim female character with a gun(s)? :ultzss::ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1::ultgunner:
- Teleports around? :ultgreninja::ultmewtwo::ultpalutena::ultzelda:
- Peppy, upbeat brit? :ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultkrool:
And sure, there's the time travel shenanigans she can do, but how in the hell would you be able to even integrate that into Smash without making her clip through **** half the time or having it just be a fancy form of counter?

But putting that aside, allow me to reiterate something I mentioned months ago with regards to Edelgard. *AHEM*
And either way, I don't think someone like Edelgard would fit in with the other DLC fighters, because... well, just look at who we've got thus far!
Joker is from Persona 5, one of the biggest games of the past few years, arguably even bigger than Fire Emblem: Triple-Threat Triads! Pretty much nobody was disappointed to see him get in. I've never even played Persona 5, but when he was announced back in December, I was't super excited, but I was far from bummed out about it.
Hero from Dragon Quest is huge in Japan, and people from there have wanted to see a DQ character make it in for a while now. And I don't even think I need to explain Banjo & Kazooie, do I?
All three of these characters are either from big games/series, or are characters that people have been requesting for years, particularly that last one. Furthermore, we have to consider the Fighters Pass: you pay for 5 characters up front with no indication on who or what they are. Now most of the people who purchase this pass are the diehard Smash fans. Do you think even 5% of the diehard Smash fans would want another Fire Emblem character? After the 7 we have in the game already? After Corrin's inclusion in Smash 4'd DLC, which even Sakurai himself was hesitant to include until he was convinced that they'd make for an original moveset? I highly doubt it.
TL;DR, I don't think it's gonna happen. Overwatch coming to Switch is fine, but I really don't think it means Tracer in Smash.
I mean subtext is a CRUCIAL part of story telling. It is often planted there intentionally by writers.

Take that from what you will, but lol, people really want Bayonetta to be straight for some reason when it's quite obvious she isn't.
And sometimes the curtains are ****ing blue. Just because you can see subtext in media doesn't mean it was intended or is even relevant to the story whatsoever. Also, just because someone is flirtatious around everyone doesn't necessarily mean they're bi. It's the kind of reaching akin to saying that Mario and Luigi are having gay buttbabies because they high-five sometimes.
This kind of reminds me of when Riley J. Dennis made a video detailing what sexuality each Smash character had. Long story short, it was awful. Mainly because she didn't take their home series' canon into account, which is baffling to me.
Honestly Pauline is probably the Mario rep I want most aside from Geno.
BuT pAuLiNe CaN't Be A dLc FiGhTeR, sHe'S aLrEaDy A sPiRiT aNd Is UsEd On ThE nEw DoNk CiTy StAgE aS A BaCkGrOuNd ElEmEnT!! :ultpacman:
I really don’t get this: We’ve had how many posts over the course of this thread saying not to put any stock into 4chan leaks and the whole thread got derailed over a vague 4chan leak. Why? I question why so many people outside this site got hung up on it too. Like, how many vague 4chan Smash leaks happen everyday? Was it just the Overwatch switch case leak in combination with the vague post? Isn’t it possible someone saw the case and specifically made the post to create a seething atmosphere as people are wont to do on that site? Honestly it feels like I’m taking crazy pills here.
Several reasons, really.
1 - Because ****ty 4chan leaks have a slim chance of being legit, people will take each one as seriously as the next, just in case they turn out real.
2 - A good portion of us are cynical, pessimistic blobs who squeal in confused despair at any information that could potentially mean that our birch boy won't be the next character. Or get in at all, really.
and 3 - There's a combined total of **** and all to discuss in this thread with regards to Geno at this point. Being upwards of 1300 pages kind of does that to you, naturally, but right now we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop, for something to come from the starling image, for something to come up regarding the upcoming september direct. We're hungry for information, and as such will discuss whatever we can take.

Firox

Smash Master
One of the key things that Sakurai often looks for when selecting characters is what can be termed "Personality", or a unique form of play that makes each fighter different from the last. Smash 4's newcomers selection in particular was rife with this kind of design mentality, but you can see this in action with all sorts of chracter from just about every game. Hell, some characters were even decided against specifically because they didn't offer much new or unique, such as Chrom being passed up for Robin because he's be just another Marth-esque character, or Incineroar being chosen over Decidueye because Smash hasn't had a wrestler character before.

Tracer is really boring. Despite being the face of Overwatch, with her vissage plastered on every game case, nobody really seems to care all that much about her. Ask any fan of Overwatch which character they play, and 9 times out of 10 it will be someone who isn't Tracer. Her moveset consists of baby glocks, zipping around really fast, and turning back time a bit. There are plenty of characters who do those things already.
- Slim female character with a gun(s)? :ultzss::ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1::ultgunner:
- Teleports around? :ultgreninja::ultmewtwo::ultpalutena::ultzelda:
- Peppy, upbeat brit? :ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1::ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm::ultkrool:
And sure, there's the time travel shenanigans she can do, but how in the hell would you be able to even integrate that into Smash without making her clip through **** half the time or having it just be a fancy form of counter?

But putting that aside, allow me to reiterate something I mentioned months ago with regards to Edelgard. *AHEM*

TL;DR, I don't think it's gonna happen. Overwatch coming to Switch is fine, but I really don't think it means Tracer in Smash.

And sometimes the curtains are ****ing blue. Just because you can see subtext in media doesn't mean it was intended or is even relevant to the story whatsoever. Also, just because someone is flirtatious around everyone doesn't necessarily mean they're bi. It's the kind of reaching akin to saying that Mario and Luigi are having gay buttbabies because they high-five sometimes.
This kind of reminds me of when Riley J. Dennis made a video detailing what sexuality each Smash character had. Long story short, it was awful. Mainly because she didn't take their home series' canon into account, which is baffling to me.

BuT pAuLiNe CaN't Be A dLc FiGhTeR, sHe'S aLrEaDy A sPiRiT aNd Is UsEd On ThE nEw DoNk CiTy StAgE aS A BaCkGrOuNd ElEmEnT!! :ultpacman:

Several reasons, really.
1 - Because ****ty 4chan leaks have a slim chance of being legit, people will take each one as seriously as the next, just in case they turn out real.
2 - A good portion of us are cynical, pessimistic blobs who squeal in confused despair at any information that could potentially mean that our birch boy won't be the next character. Or get in at all, really.
and 3 - There's a combined total of **** and all to discuss in this thread with regards to Geno at this point. Being upwards of 1300 pages kind of does that to you, naturally, but right now we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop, for something to come from the starling image, for something to come up regarding the upcoming september direct. We're hungry for information, and as such will discuss whatever we can take.
This is why I DESPISE information droughts. Each one ends up the same with your usual cycles of cynicism, despair, delusions of grandeur, the rabid consumption of even the tiniest rumor, and of course, the insertion of insanely off-topic subjects to quell our boredom. September can't come fast enough.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Why is Ness on here? I'm pretty sure the hype for new characters started with Smash 4 any way. Also Wolf is a disappointing pick?
First off: They are all the last characters you unlock excluding Bayonetta who you have to buy.

Second off: I'm not saying any of them disappointing especially not Ness and Wolf. All I'm saying is they are not hype to be the final characters. They don't really have that "Bang!" that makes you go "Wow!" to be the grand finale.

D

Deleted member

Even if we ignore that "hype" for characters didn't really kick off until Brawl, Ness, Wolf and Bayonetta were big boy hype. By this pattern the last character for Ultimate is gonna be hype too.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Even if we ignore that "hype" for characters didn't really kick off until Brawl, Ness, Wolf and Bayonetta were big boy hype. By this pattern the last character for Ultimate is gonna be hype too.
Are you saying the last DLC character in Ultimate will be at their hype level? Because otherwise, anything else you're saying doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
What do you mean? It did for Banjo & Kazooie when Shinobi teased them at first on ResetEra and than all the insiders and credible leakers were all on the "Banjo & Kazooie is happening." Train.
Banjo isn't Geno.

I am specifically referring to us Geno fans. I just feel like at this point we are just a huge joke to Sakurai and Nintendo/SE as a whole. Some bimbo like Tracer can just magically get a free pass for being hot garbage for 6 months and about 20 years of requests and pure fan appreciation will just go unanswered.

I'm just losing patience and Sakurai leading us on with the lack of confirmation/deconfirmation. (The lack of Mii Costume for example) I hate how we are the laughing stock of speculation for things out of our control.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

You know, I actually liked Wolf in Brawl, and to an extent, Duck Hunt in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

Are you saying the last DLC character in Ultimate will be at their hype level? Because otherwise, anything else you're saying doesn't make sense.
That was the implication, yeah. My accusation here is that the "last character" goes hype, lame, hype, lame, hype, lame, _____.

But, the original quoted post is kind of incorrect according to the character numbers. Smash 64's last character is Jiggs, according to the Ultimate numbering, and to be honest I could live without the Puff, but I know it's become such a staple of Smash culture few would agree with me.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Regarding Geno, I just want to hear a yes or no at this point. I feel like we are going the Shadow/Isaac route.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You know, I actually liked Wolf in Brawl, and to an extent, Duck Hunt in Smash 4.
Me too, but I was just saying there has been no one in any of the games that were jaw dropping hype inducing for a final reveal.

That was the implication, yeah. My accusation here is that the "last character" goes hype, lame, hype, lame, hype, lame, _____.

But, the original quoted post is kind of incorrect according to the character numbers. Smash 64's last character is Jiggs, according to the Ultimate numbering, and to be honest I could live without the Puff, but I know it's become such a staple of Smash culture few would agree with me.
I was going by who you unlock last not by the numbers they're registered as in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Banjo isn't Geno.

I am specifically referring to us Geno fans. I just feel like at this point we are just a huge joke to Sakurai and Nintendo/SE as a whole. Some bimbo like Tracer can just magically get a free pass for being hot garbage for 6 months and about 20 years of requests and pure fan appreciation will just go unanswered.

I'm just losing patience and Sakurai leading us on with the lack of confirmation/deconfirmation. (The lack of Mii Costume for example) I hate how we are the laughing stock of speculation for things out of our control.
Just because a single character doesn't make it in out of thousands of possible options (when there are only six slots for DLC to begin with) doesn't mean its the end of the world, and just because Overwatch is being hinted for the Switch, it doesn't mean that Tracer automatically gets a free pass into Smash Bros. (also, the "bimbo" remark is completely unnecessary)

Even if Sakurai wants Geno in Smash Bros. (and we know for a fact that he wanted him for both Brawl and Smash 4), that means absolutely nothing if Square-Enix refuses to cooperate (unsurprisingly, their flagship franchises are likely going to take priority in their eyes). This sort of thing seems like it's out of Sakurai's control, but given his comments on the matter, I'd like to think that Geno is the most likely option for the next Square-Enix character, either for Smash Ultimate's DLC or a future Smash game, now that both Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest have made it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom