• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I had assumed that Lupin referred to when the actual update is dropping, but when the video was gonna drop makes much more sense. Damn it, though! I need the Geno bandage ripped off right now! Just let me know if he’s in or not so I can stop tearing my hair out, Sakuraiiiiii

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So what exactly will this mean for us and Geno if this leak ends up true, just to make sure?

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
It better. That alone was proof of some people's dedication. He even made a video specifically to Sakurai asking for Geno to be in.
May I just ask HOW WAS THAT POSSIBLE? When I send my character ideas to Nintendo, they just say that it might not be possible and move along with it.

Last edited:

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
So what exactly will this mean for us and Geno if this leak ends up true, just to make sure?
Well it depends on which part is true. If Geno is actually a bonus character, then sick, thats it.
If there IS a video tomorrow and Lupin is true, then there could just be no geno representation at all, or that he could be a fighter.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
May I just ask HOW WAS THAT POSSIBLE? When I send my character ideas to Nintendo, they just say that it might not be possible and move along with it.
He animated a video and even got the message done in Japanese with it specifically directed to Sakurai. The video has Geno ask Sakurai for permission to join Super Smash Bros. This was a while back but still.

Firox

Smash Master
I gotta say, I'm really feeling good about how much attention this thread has been getting of late. We went from about 10 to 15 regulars trudging along to 50+ posters locked in a 100 meter dash.

Nemo_Namikaze

Smash Cadet
I gotta say, I'm really feeling good about how much attention this thread has been getting of late. We went from about 10 to 15 regulars trudging along to 50+ posters locked in a 100 meter dash.
I haven't even been posting because of how active it is ironically. I've been watching all day and the thread is going a mile a minute.

It's really something

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So what did I miss about a bird leak or something?
To catch you up, Sabi's main Nintendo source dropped a random picture of a European starling in our private Discord this past weekend and he has only dropped random pictures when he's trying to hint at a big announcement, usually in tandem to an upcoming Direct. He's mostly gone off the grid since and isn't answering anyone's questions, furthering our suspicions.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Ok, so we have three different leaks here. I'll offer names for them:
Big Hero 6: Hero and other content is shown off at 6pm on the 16th of July (false)
Lupin's Square Adventure: Coming soonish and is unsure of Geno's Mii Costume, coming sometime tomorrow at 1pm-ish EST.
Geno Bonus Game: Geno is bonus character that will happen in upcoming months and 4.0 will have content discussed tomorrow 7/17/19
Thank you for this. It may not be to far of a stretch to say that Lupin and Geno Bonus could match up. (If true, of course)

Have we ever had a video around this time before? Noon CST, 1:00 EST ect?

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Thank you for this. It may not be to far of a stretch to say that Lupin and Geno Bonus could match up. (If true, of course)

Have we ever had a video around this time before? Noon CST, 1:00 EST ect?
No problem! I just wanted it to be easier to grasp the situation. It was getting kind of out of hand and someone needed to wrangle it up

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I'm getting nervous about this. I really don't want to get my hopes up but I also want to believe. My heart is saying yes, but my brain is saying nothing is going happen tomorrow.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Its hard to not get excited, but definitely remember to hope for the best, but brace for the worst.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm getting nervous about this. I really don't want to get my hopes up but I also want to believe. My heart is saying yes, but my brain is saying nothing is going happen tomorrow.
Nothing absolutely says anything has to happen tomorrow. If anything, it just means next week is more likely if something doesn't drop tomorrow.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I know this is a bit off topic, but have you guys seen the new Brawl cutscene memes popping up? Those are hitting me right in the nostalgia.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Question. After Hero was revealed in the E3 Nintendo Direct, was he the first of the characters that appeared on the Fighter section (in the background I mean; with his name and icon scrolling behind)?

EDIT: Fighter section in the SSBU site.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I like how things are treated like a checklist. Like the biggest argument for Hero was “They are the biggest Japanese IP not yet in smash” :v

And let’s not downplay Ace Attorney’s popularity in Japan. It has several exclusive games. An entire exclusive spinoff. An anime, and big events like concerts.
Are we still pretending like Dragon Quest being huge in Japan “didn’t mean enough” or whatever on its own?

And then proceeding to talk about the popularity of Ace Attorney in Japan specifically in the same post as something that shouldn’t be downplayed???

I don’t think think there’s anything remotely wrong with continuing to choose massive IPs for Smash since it’s just a giant video game crossover anyway. Continue the museum of gaming it’s becoming and continue making it an unreachable high of such crossover gaming!

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Question. After Hero was revealed in the E3 Nintendo Direct, was he the first of the characters that appeared on the Fighter section (in the background I mean; with his name and icon scrolling behind)?

EDIT: Fighter section in the SSBU site.
Yes. Why?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Nothing absolutely says anything has to happen tomorrow. If anything, it just means next week is more likely if something doesn't drop tomorrow.
Well if it isn't happening tomorrow then I believe The Hero will be released after EVO. It would be weird to have a DLC fighter be playable but excluded from EVO due to the cut off date. Plus if it doesn't happen tomorrow then there's a good chance that the Lupin Leak is fake since I doubt someone was able to see the video a month before release.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well if it isn't happening tomorrow then I believe The Hero will be released after EVO. It would be weird to have a DLC fighter be playable but excluded from EVO due to the cut off date. Plus if it doesn't happen tomorrow then there's a good chance that the Lupin Leak is fake since I doubt someone was able to see the video a month before release.
Even if Hero was released before EVO. What pro is going to have enough time to master Hero's (what looks like) complicated gimmick? He would be basically be absent since no one would know how to play him effectively anyhow.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Yes. Why?
Ah, ok, never mind then. Went to check the SSBU site now and saw that Hero was the first fighter that appeared in the background before others scrolled on the background, and couldn't remember if that image was added right after the E3 Direct, or if it was today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom