• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
In light of the recent events, I guess my next art piece/s should involve the star boi. What circumstances should he be in?
Bird-watching or otherwise, being a Disney princess with a bunch of birds landing on him and chilling like it ain't no thang.

It has to happen.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Bird-watching or otherwise, being a Disney princess with a bunch of birds landing on him and chilling like it ain't no thang.

It has to happen.
Reminds me of that scene from Far From Home. Saw some great art of it not too long ago, so maybe that is why my mind jumped to it.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I still don't understand. What is this Lupin Leak? Is it a new leak talking about Geno? I'd like to know.
Here's the Lupin Leak which may or may not be true depending on how you interpret it:
Here's an interesting leak. I doubt it's real but it's certainly interesting and especially when it comes to Geno. Anyone can make a fake leak but if this is true combined with the things that have came out within the past few days this would definitely raise a whole ton of suspicion.
And here's another leak that mentions Geno by name that also may or may not have the Hero reveal set for 7/17:
This dude also says Hero info will be on the 17th and.. This info is really big if true. I mean REALLY big. I doubt it and I'm trying to get my hopes down but the timing of all of this is suspicious. It's probably fake but man I hope this is real.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but DMC didn't get on Switch until AFTER the characters were picked for the pass.
Well porting a game to the Switch no matter what the title is takes time, and if by chance Dante is in Smash Bros I'm sure they worked out the details and made an agreement to port DMC 1 to Switch. I remember that the director made that comment, everyone gave up on Dante and a few months late DMC 1 port got announced. My main this is that they never publicly deny Dante's chance of getting into Smash Bros, though I doubt publicly saying a character isn't in doesn't mean anything at all because of NDAs.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Here's the Lupin Leak which may or may not be true depending on how you interpret it:
And here's another leak that mentions Geno by name that also may or may not have the Hero reveal set for 7/17:
This dude also says Hero info will be on the 17th and.. This info is really big if true. I mean REALLY big. I doubt it and I'm trying to get my hopes down but the timing of all of this is suspicious. It's probably fake but man I hope this is real.
So is it safe to say this leak is fake?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

It has to happen.
Quick warning, my art isn't as good as Krazy's so don't get your hopes up too high, lol

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I mean, this one is 100% dead, right? Since it is well passed 6PM

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Reminder that this was posted 5 hours ago now. Whether or not Lupin ends up being real, (looking like it’s not), we may still have something to look forwards to in terms of news tonight.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Where is everyone getting the idea it was supposed to happen tonight? Lupin specially said tomorrow morning.

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Thank you! I'm not the only one going crazy!
I was getting a bit confused too. Also the one that was already shown as incorrect, (the Hero one), the pics are out of order. The bottom pic comes before the first by almost 3 hours, are we sure that they're related???

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I was getting a bit confused too. Also the one that was already shown as incorrect, (the Hero one), the pics are out of order. The bottom pic comes before the first by almost 3 hours, are we sure that they're related???
This is getting out of hand. Can somebody please send all these leaks this way so I can slap them on a single image so we can update them over time?

I mean, I'll go ahead and get that done while I work on Bird-Watching Princess Geno: Hero Time edition

Last edited:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Where is everyone getting the idea it was supposed to happen tonight? Lupin specially said tomorrow morning.
I think people are talking about another leak that said the Hero information would be dropped today at 6pm PST.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In any case, the time for focusing exclusively on Japanese franchises will come to an end. Sakurai himself acknowledged that they're steadily running out of popular globally-known Japanese game series at this point, especially since the barely-just-got-out-of-niche-status Persona has been the focus of early DLC in this case.

All that matters now is whichever series gets enough love from people who want them into Smash.

Didn't even know there was another "leak" counting down lol.

For me at least (Central Time), I guess its high noon for Lupin...
On my end, the supposed big event happens while I come back from work. AGAIN.

Seriously, can't they schedule these things better? :glare:

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Because when Joker video happened it aired a day before his release. So it's safe to say that we should've gotten a video taking about The Hero and all the DLC that goes with him tonight. Would be insane if they release a video and version 4.0 at the same time tomorrow.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Wait, hang on a second! I thought Sabi couldn't do this stuff anymore because of the CnD.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Well, if Hero releases tomorrow, then getting the video day-of would be different than when Joker dropped because Joker’s video came the day before. Lupin cooould technically be referring to the time when the video is supposed to drop as opposed to when the update itself drops, but if that’s not the case, we are now sub-12 hours until Hero is supposed to release with no update video.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I think people are talking about another leak that said the Hero information would be dropped today at 6pm PST.
Ok, so we have three different leaks here. I'll offer names for them:
Big Hero 6: Hero and other content is shown off at 6pm on the 16th of July (false)
Lupin's Square Adventure: Coming soonish and is unsure of Geno's Mii Costume, coming sometime tomorrow at 1pm-ish EST.
Geno Bonus Game: Geno is bonus character that will happen in upcoming months and 4.0 will have content discussed tomorrow 7/17/19

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
Big Hero 6: Hero and other content is shown off at 6pm on the 16th of July (false)
Lupin's Square Adventure: Coming soonish and is unsure of Geno's Mii Costume, coming sometime tomorrow at 1pm-ish EST.
Geno Bonus Game: Geno is bonus character that will happen in upcoming months and 4.0 will have content discussed tomorrow 7/17/19
Looks about right. If the last two coincided, that would be actually bonkers

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
To be honest, even if we do get anything Geno related in Smash Ultimate, it's going to be that Mii Costume again like in Smash 4. Sakurai did say he wanted Geno in the game sure, but to be honest, I think a Mii costume is as close as we'll get to Geno in Smash. (Including the Geno four star primary attack spirit.)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if we do get anything Geno related in Smash Ultimate, it's going to be that Mii Costume again like in Smash 4. Sakurai did say he wanted Geno in the game sure, but to be honest, I think a Mii costume is as close as we'll get to Geno in Smash. (Including the Geno four star primary attack spirit.)
Then we'll just have to support every sensible Mario/SE character choice until he's impossible to ignore. :4pacman:

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
I love the names, and regarding the Geno bonus character one, I think a bonus character would be more likely AFTER all the fighter pass characters are either revealed or released. It would make no sense to release a bonus character in the middle of the pass because then that would just confuse a lot of people on whether they are part of the pass or not.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think the biggest problem is that we are assuming that Nintendo is trying to release Hero before EVO. Which I don't see a clear reason for. The update/character video could be whats uploaded tomorrow.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think the biggest problem is that we are assuming that Nintendo is trying to release Hero before EVO. Which I don't see a clear reason for. The update/character video could be whats uploaded tomorrow.
That's what the Lupin leak was basically implying with how it was worded.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
I love the names, and regarding the Geno bonus character one, I think a bonus character would be more likely AFTER all the fighter pass characters are either revealed or released. It would make no sense to release a bonus character in the middle of the pass because then that would just confuse a lot of people on whether they are part of the pass or not.
I mean, I'm just the name schemer

Firox

Smash Master
Someone will probably post the post soon but the gist of it is Hero's coming tomorrow along with all the Square and Namco Mii costumes from Smash 4 except Geno.
Wha, wha, wha????!!! Is it confirmed that Geno's costume isn't coming back????!!!

Oaterinos

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5149 9306 1606
I can see where you're getting that from. After all it does just say "7/17 10am pst". I know Joker's presentation came at night, but isn't 1pm EST when they held their E3 presentation?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah the post doesn't say "Hero is releasing tomorrow". It just gives you information about what comes with his release....which is exactly what an update/character releasing video would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom