• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Guys this has been some masterful detective work. and yeah if someone was gonna make a fake leak no way they would use a stage that is so hard to pinpoint. and if Nintendo and/or square is in a huff over a leak that is not Ken then the only logical one it could be is the square rep since Square is so obsessed with stopping leaks. things really are starting to line up even more then they were before and I'm flipping out with excitement!!!!!

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Wow. That was actually some masterful work there. Good to see things looking up for Geno!

domriver

Smash Lord
Guys first of i know many of you don't believe in laxchris or ChrisLax whatever his youtube channel is but I viewed his Oct 24th direct leak. While it seems like my kind of leak though he mentions that Incenaroar and Ken are not in the game that those were put there as a trap to catch employees leaking information. So if Incenaroar and Ken are not in the game then i dont know. what you guys think?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
There is so much staking up for this image of our Star Boy. I am hoping we can feed this image like the Ken image.

Every time someone tries to disprove it, it gets STRONGER! I have to admit, we are building up some solid evidence for this one. However, we HAVE to remain calm and sane. The Palutena leak taught me a lot about expectations and keeping them in check (But she made it regardless...)

Even though we are finding these hints and finds, we HAVE to keep our wits about us.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Guys this has been some masterful detective work. and yeah if someone was gonna make a fake leak no way they would use a stage that is so hard to pinpoint. and if Nintendo and/or square is in a huff over a leak that is not Ken then the only logical one it could be is the square rep since Square is so obsessed with stopping leaks. things really are starting to line up even more then they were before and I'm flipping out with excitement!!!!!
Tell me about it!:chuckle:

It's the part about using Delfino that grabs me the more I think about it. Same way the Ken image with the disappearing shadow feels far too obscure for any leaker to think of. Not that it's impossible, just that, given what kind of effort we've gotten from fakers so far, this seems like far too much planning to be made up. Literally the only two fakes that had that level of planning were Omni's Rayman and possibly the PokeFloats one with Skull Kid and Bdee. And both of those came out and admitted it was fake shortly after (when you do that much work, you want people to know.)

It's real, guys. I seriously think it is. Sorry if I'm overhyping, but I simply do not care right now, lol.

TBone06

Smash Ace
After coming home after a long day, seeing all this positivity made me so happy. This render was always my favourite one of him. This group actually is such a great group of ladies and gents.

cybersai

Smash Ace
Was that undebunked pic from the same magazine that said there's 108 stages and Rainbow Road from 3DS is returning? Because if so, that's a bit odd to me. If there's only 5 new stages and one of them was another 3DS stage coming back.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
If you look up urreleve t not egductionaru it's a pic of geno
Hey! Seems like this is your first time here, so let me give you a quick rundown.

g 250.gif

^ This is Geno. ^
He's been absent for over 20 years and has only appeared as a costume in the Smash Bros. series.
But somehow, like magic, or maybe by a wish, a majority of Smash fans think he's one of the most likely characters to appear in Ultimate.
And it seems there's good reason to believe so.

Now that you're up to speed, what are you hoping for?

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Was that undebunked pic from the same magazine that said there's 108 stages and Rainbow Road from 3DS is returning? Because if so, that's a bit odd to me. If there's only 5 new stages and one of them was another 3DS stage coming back.
Nah the magazine "leak" was fake and model used there was from a brawl mod

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So what is the image with the Mii costume from, I am out of the loop.
If you mean the one being compared to the leak, Slender Slender took that screenshot to show where the leak image was taken. You could go to that area in Delfino yourself to check it out.

Which I think I'm actually going to do, lol.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Hey, we've been cracking down on the Geno leak and we've finally found the stage! Thanks to @SSGuy's suggestion, we've focused the stage in the Geno leak to Delfino Plaza. We found this by going through the travelling stage and found a spot that matches the image almost perfectly.

View attachment 170578
View attachment 170579

This means it isn't a new stage, and we now know where Geno is. The fact that it's a Mario stage is also very intriguing...
It also appears that there's no miniscus-like layer over the water as there clearly is in the Smash 4 picture. The Gamexplain video shows that this corresponds with Ultimate's Delfino Plaza as well.

link2702

Smash Champion
So I’ve been gone all day with my wife for a much needed break from the city and visited what little of the ozarks are in my state.

Anything interesting happen?

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
They don't even let the announcer for the game know who exactly is in. They have him say dozens of fake names so he can't know for sure who's in or who's not.
Holy Shmoly really? Could I please get a citation on that? That seems kind of cruel, but also deliciously brilliant. I kind of hope the announcer isn't a Smash fan himself. It would suck if he got really excited for a character that was never intended to be in the game. Alternately, they could temper expectations with a number of troll names. "Bubsy the Bobcat!" Shaquille O'Neal!" "Cool Spot!" "Burger King!" "Waluigi!". Also, seems like a ploy not in their best interest, since they'd still have to pay him for on time work, whether he's saying voice lines that make it into the game or not.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
So I marked some polygons I believe are noticeable on the Geno model:

View attachment 170652

original for reference:

View attachment 170653

(I also shared this on the Ultimate Discussion thread)
I truly hope this is the real image leak that is in discussion, out of all the images showing up in leaks this is definitely my favorite render of geno!

Edit: I also should have done this a long time ago, but please add me to the list of supporters

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Holy Shmoly really? Could I please get a citation on that? That seems kind of cruel, but also deliciously brilliant. I kind of hope the announcer isn't a Smash fan himself. It would suck if he got really excited for a character that was never intended to be in the game. Alternately, they could temper expectations with a number of troll names. "Bubsy the Bobcat!" Shaquille O'Neal!" "Cool Spot!" "Burger King!" "Waluigi!". Also, seems like a ploy not in their best interest, since they'd still have to pay him for on time work, whether he's saying voice lines that make it into the game or not.
Pretty sure Xander is a smash fan. lol At least I always got that impression.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
you'd have to find the video but we know they have done that from an interview Source gaming did with the smash 4 announcer awhile back. he even mentioned that one of the fake names they had him say was Rayman xD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sorry, I’m not familiar with imaging. What is the significance of these polygons. What do they prove?
Well, it could help it.

People were saying it was "Too High Poly"

But if the poly's aren't as good as we thought, it could help it. The blur probably makes the model look better than it actually is.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
So people are saying that this image could be fake because in other screenshots characters have a very strong rim light (white light) but Geno don't. What you guys think about it?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Ahh, I know this is unrelated to the current Geno topic right now, but I'd love it if I was added to the support list! I should've cited this a bit of time ago. Whoops. 'XD

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hey, we've been cracking down on the Geno leak and we've finally found the stage! Thanks to @SSGuy's suggestion, we've focused the stage in the Geno leak to Delfino Plaza. We found this by going through the travelling stage and found a spot that matches the image almost perfectly.

View attachment 170578
View attachment 170579

This means it isn't a new stage, and we now know where Geno is. The fact that it's a Mario stage is also very intriguing...
This is a nice discovery, but now I am wondering that, if this is gameplay, why does the shading for the Geno model feel so tense compared to the bright tone of Delfino Plaza?

Maybe Delfino Plaza is part of the CG trailer for Geno? Somehow, I am a wee wee wee wee bit skeptical now.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So people are saying that this image could be fake because in other screenshots characters have a very strong rim light (white light) but Geno don't. What you guys think about it?
I tried to mention that in some cases, the white light is not prominent. DK is a good example of not having the light to much (See the website, especially him punching the bullet bill).

Another note is of course, we do not have a good idea of Delfino Plaza's lighting. Especially when the stage moves around, the sun could be offset by a certain angle.

Also me and others notice what could be some of that white light on Geno. (The hat and his right side of the cape)

I think it is still alive. No need to worry yet. But still be diligent.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
View attachment 170654
Ignore it being possibly upside down but here’s my attempt, I even made it kinda blurry for accuracy
Now, I have a question for both you and Slender Slender : did you guys have to crop and zoom your recreations down to just the upper body after the fact, or did you do that within Smash 4? Because I tried to recreate it too, and found the right spot, but I couldn't zoom in close enough. Granted, I am woefully unfamiliar with Smash 4's camera system, so the option may be there. But my point is that, if you can't zoom in that close, could the leak really be a screenshot taken by the team (for the site, say?)

It's also notable that you can't get that kind of angle on the water in normal gameplay, so this would HAVE to be a pause screen snapshot at best. And I do believe any pictures on the site are taken with the in-game camera. So can it zoom that close, or did someone crop the leak?

Edit: also notable, as BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 suggested, it's a little hard for this to be a cutscene, considering the exact angle the camera must be at to achieve that water/sky level. I can't envision a cutscene taking place in such an area of Delfino--they'd likely use the main plaza in that case.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This seems to be a strong argument against it.

But it's not fully deconfirmed yet.

At this point now, we'll just have to wait and see

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Now, I have a question for both you and Slender Slender : did you guys have to crop and zoom your recreations down to just the upper body after the fact, or did you do that within Smash 4? Because I tried to recreate it too, and found the right spot, but I couldn't zoom in close enough. Granted, I am woefully unfamiliar with Smash 4's camera system, so the option may be there. But my point is that, if you can't zoom in that close, could the leak really be a screenshot taken by the team (for the site, say?)

It's also notable that you can't get that kind of angle on the water in normal gameplay, so this would HAVE to be a pause screen snapshot at best. And I do believe any pictures on the site are taken with the in-game camera. So can it zoom that close, or did someone crop the leak?

Edit: also notable, as BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 suggested, it's a little hard for this to be a cutscene, considering the exact angle the camera must be at to achieve that water/sky level. I can't envision a cutscene taking place in such an area of Delfino--they'd likely use the main plaza in that case.
i actually had to be in the air to get it right. And yeah a bit of cropping was necessary in my case, dont know about Slender

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
I'm gonna drop this here for everyone to use. I just gathered almost everything we've come to find into one easy image.

genoleakevidence.png

My first attempt was actually in the air, but the one I sent in SmashBoards was taken with the Mii standing on the top platform of the travelling stage. I knew doing a retake would come in handy.

EDIT: Here's the first take. Was mid freefall from an Up-B.

image0 (3).jpg

Last edited:

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 170654
Ignore it being possibly upside down but here’s my attempt, I even made it kinda blurry for accuracy
Wow, look how the poligons fade with that blur. The higher the count of polygons is, more the blur seems to blend them. Now I have more trust that this high poly count could be a side effecy of blur.
I was also wondering how other screenshots of ssbu could look like with this same blur strength. Maybe they will look like a high poly mesh too?

I tried to mention that in some cases, the white light is not prominent. DK is a good example of not having the light to much (See the website, especially him punching the bullet bill).

Another note is of course, we do not have a good idea of Delfino Plaza's lighting. Especially when the stage moves around, the sun could be offset by a certain angle.

Also me and others notice what could be some of that white light on Geno. (The hat and his right side of the cape)

I think it is still alive. No need to worry yet. But still be diligent.
Good to know. I'm very happy and positive with the fact that a lot of people are trying to debunk this image but no one is succeeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom