• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Hey, we've been cracking down on the Geno leak and we've finally found the stage! Thanks to SSGuy SSGuy 's suggestion, we've focused the stage in the Geno leak to Delfino Plaza. We found this by going through the travelling stage and found a spot that matches the image almost perfectly.

View attachment 170578
View attachment 170579

This means it isn't a new stage, and we now know where Geno is. The fact that it's a Mario stage is also very intriguing...
Ahhh, we're getting on some new ground now! This is pretty cool! At first I had thought it was Pilotwings, but I'm happy we finally know it's Delfino Plaza!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It doesn't look THAt high poly to me. The unreasonable blurriness makes it difficult to accurately gauge the quality of the model, and I mean, it's not like the Switch cant render models like that in regular gameplay. Look at some of the screenshots on the Ultimate website; they look pretty nice.
Yeah, and looking at Geno some more, I can see areas where the polygons would be, and it seems to fit with character images on the website. I didn't pay much attention to that before, just focusing on the quality model itself.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and looking at Geno some more, I can see areas where the polygons would be, and it seems to fit with character images on the website. I didn't pay much attention to that before, just focusing on the quality model itself.
Then it's settled - this image has some solid ground. If we believe the claims that it isn't tied to that godawful Banjo and Dixie image posted along with it, it's pretty solid.

Of course, don't bank on anything. It could just be the work someone who is very talented and very dedicated to fooling everyone.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Hey, we've been cracking down on the Geno leak and we've finally found the stage! Thanks to SSGuy SSGuy 's suggestion, we've focused the stage in the Geno leak to Delfino Plaza. We found this by going through the travelling stage and found a spot that matches the image almost perfectly.

View attachment 170578
View attachment 170579

This means it isn't a new stage, and we now know where Geno is. The fact that it's a Mario stage is also very intriguing...
Great detective work there. :grin:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There's certainly no other render quite like it, and it looks believable to me (probably the only one, in my eyes)
It could still be just some troll leaker who wanted to make something, but it's a waste of a good 3d model, just to troll a leak, if you ask me :p

Last edited:

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 170578
View attachment 170579

For comparison-

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
nice work! I have to ask though, how does the lighting between the two pictures compare with eachother? if they're similar, then that'll be another score for us!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Jumping on the #TeamFake train regarding Geno leak. Too good to be true. Toot toooot!

Edit: Forgot I jumped forums. Thought I was posting on the speculation forum lol.

But I do hope you guys get Geno :)

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Holy crap gang! This is truly good news indeed!

So I have a buddy that does image editing for me and a couple of friends abridge series.

I am gonna see If he can clean up this image, he has unblurred some stuff before and they look great when he does.
Wish us luck!

EDIT: I didn't want to ask him to do this unless there was some solid evidence that this COULD be real.

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Glad to see such energy! Another thing to note is the quality of the image itself; Obviously the picture I took is higher quality, so the waves can be visibly seen. In the leak, things are a bit blurry, but if you look in the bottom right corner you can see some remnants of the waves rolling.

nice work! I have to ask though, how does the lighting between the two pictures compare with eachother? if they're similar, then that'll be another score for us!
The lighting on Delfino Plaza in Smash 4 and Ultimate are different. If you look at the leaked image, there's blue light falling on Geno, which is making his ribbons appear more magenta than orange. The new lighting engine in Ultimate seems to be working really well, compared to Smash 4 at least.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Glad to see such energy! Another thing to note is the quality of the image itself; Obviously the picture I took is higher quality, so the waves can be visibly seen. In the leak, things are a bit blurry, but if you look in the bottom right corner you can see some remnants of the waves rolling.

The lighting on Delfino Plaza in Smash 4 and Ultimate are different. If you look at the leaked image, there's blue light falling on Geno, which is making his ribbons appear more magenta than orange. The new lighting engine in Ultimate seems to be working really well, compared to Smash 4 at least.
Interesting observations hmmm.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 170578
View attachment 170579

Dude, I love you so much!!! Thank you for you efforts!

EDIT: Wrong quote

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Wow good work Detective. Hmmm Delfino Plaza hmmm.
EDIT: papagenos papagenos - check this out what say you regarding this?
That looks spot on to me, i think we may have solved the background here.

Its a horrible background to "fake" a leak with too cause it seems so plain its why a lot of people wrote this one off...but the fact it may have been solved what stage it is now... id say that actually makes it more likely real.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The lighting and shading of the background and Geno himself even makes it seem likely that it's Ultimate's updated Delfino Plaza. There are no screenshots of this stage other than the Rodin assist trophy (buildings are in the background, no clear ocean) and the main part of the stage on the stage list, and there's no footage either.

edit: well, there may be other screenshots, but I don't remember what they are... (edit 2: there's one on SmashWiki; the colors seem to match up, though there is a gradient on the sky next to the ocean on the side we can see, but of course this could be another side of the stage).

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490

Its a horrible background to "fake" a leak with too cause it seems so plain its why a lot of people wrote this one off...but the fact it may have been solved what stage it is now... id say that actually makes it more likely real.
Oh cool, you popped in! Nice seeing you around here.
We're looking into anything else we can spot out, but mostly we've gathered as much as we can.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
I've been thinking.

What if it's an assist trophy?
Geno? An assist trophy? I'd understand it if he had less popularity and had no moveset potential at all, but thankfully that's not the case. He has too many factors that back him up, especially Sakurai's bias for him.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I don't see a leaker taking the time to make an AWESOME 3D model for Geno (that's without a doubt the best 3D Geno model that we have) + taking the time to put it on a background like this. It was nearly impossible to guess that this is a picture from Delfino Plaza.
In my opinion, this picture is legit. That is the legit leak that people talked about.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So I posted this in the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread, but I figured I should probably re-post it here:

With this revelation, I decided a comparison is in order. Here's the supposedly leaked Geno image:

Ult_Geno.jpeg

Here's Smash Ultimate's Delfino Plaza skyline:

Delfino_Sky_Color.png

And here's the Smash 4 skyline with Mii Geno as comparison:

Mii_Geno.jpeg

The sky color of the supposed leaked Geno image seems to be consistent with Smash Ultimate's color for Delfino Plaza's sky, which would explain why it looks different from the Smash 4 comparison.

...This isn't conclusive, but it's pretty big.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I've been thinking.

No, Sakurai mention that Geno will be a PERFECT build for Smash.

Many characters got AT or NPC due to unable to inspire a potential moveset (Krystal, Chrom Pre-Ultimate) and lack of fan service (Takamaru).

Geno is claimed to have moveset potential and tons of fans service and with Sakurai wanting the character, his chance as an AT is low.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Then we will be very, very, very sad.

Where was that Geno image first posted?
It was on a 4chan thread on September 1st, posted after the OP showed a Banjo & Dixie "leak" that looked off.

However, a reply in that thread claimed that the OP was probably lying as the Geno image was posted two days ago (so August 30th), however I couldn't find that thread nor even the Banjo & Dixie thread without someone giving me the link :S

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
I've been thinking.

the poster said Geno was a fighter.

They also said Dixie was a echo with Donkey Kong's B-Up instead of Diddy's jetpack and Banjo has two movesets that alternate between just Banjo and Banjo-Kazooie

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh the Canadian bar

Not only the game is indeed smash

There may be a non disclosure agreement going on there as well (suposivly we know they can’t talk about some stuff)

Now it’s looking promising Character 69 is getting the pac-man treatment

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Ahhh, I missed a bunch of stuff!

Slender Slender , SSGuy SSGuy ...you guys have done some amazing work! I looked through the stages myself, but simply I couldn't figure it out. Kudos to you guys!

This is beyond exciting...!

I've been thinking.

With that high a quality model? Nah...doesn't seem likely. Way too much attention to detail and redesign for an assist. That image is either fake or fighter.

Banking on the latter. At this point, we're at critical mass on Geno likelihood.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
there's a massive problem with the AT theory though... and that is the quality of the render we got. All AT's are actually of a lower poly count and res than the actual fighters (easiest to see on Waluigi, though you can see it on Zero as well when compared to megaman).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

And to remind it wasn’t just geno in that particularly leak (unless I’m mistaking)

I believe Dixie and banjo are involved too also with images (unless they are completely separate) but anyway they may look bad is because they are working on them and it’s not the final design plus banjos pose in it like they are working on movement or whatever

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
And to remind it wasn’t just geno in that particularly leak (unless I’m mistaking)

I believe Dixie and banjo are involved too also with images (unless they are completely separate) but anyway they may look bad is because they are working on them and it’s not the final design plus banjos pose in it like they are working on movement or whatever
The Geno picture was apparently posted on 4chan before the Banjo/Dixie picture and was just reposted in it's 4chan thread. I know it's been mentioned somewhere but I don't know if anybody found the original posting yet.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
UPDATE: So we tried to get rid of the blurriness as best we could, but sadly there is nothing we can do on our end.

However, while we were looking through the image and comparing the lighting from Sm4sh to Ultimate, we think that the lighting is super detailed and in depth compared to each other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MTRhU_B5cs Time at 20:39 for Delfino Plaza's analysis. Thank goodness for Gamexplain. I think this can help us determine what is going on. Our guess is because the stage moves around and this picture could be in transition, that the lighting over the ocean reflects the 'rays of sun' causing the image to blur a bit more than it could have compared to Sm4sh's pic.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Actually Ultimate's lighting system has changed from smash 4. so we actually want it to be different lighting

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Wow... Reading all of these comments about this Geno picture leak is making me so happy. I'm REALLY loving this search work! Let's continue to uncover this picture and cross fingers that it's real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom