• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
You know what the dream would be... if the sassy geno look is a taunt
Such a taunt would have so many uses whenever a "you serious?" moment arises.

Like when someone SDs early on in a match.

Or when you have that one person who always runs away to some corner in a large stage while the other 3-7 people fight.

Or when you face a newbie who uses Kirby and spams down-B or a thunder-spamming Pikachu

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
i actually had to be in the air to get it right. And yeah a bit of cropping was necessary in my case, dont know about Slender
I'm gonna drop this here for everyone to use. I just gathered almost everything we've come to find into one easy image.

View attachment 170666

My first attempt was actually in the air, but the one I sent in SmashBoards was taken with the Mii standing on the top platform of the travelling stage. I knew doing a retake would come in handy.

EDIT: Here's the first take. Was mid freefall from an Up-B.

View attachment 170667
Ohh, I get it. So you guys were trying to grab it in the midair platform sections, hence why nothing is around the Geno Mii. I was on the ground, on the edge of the eastern island (The side near the Pinna Park cannon.) I had to pause and angle the screen all the way to the right, and still had other stuff in the shot. So the leak probably isn't a ground shot.

Come to think of it...since you both had to start in the air, perhaps the leak is part of Geno's jumping animation. Like, his backward jump. Might explain why his head is so tilted.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Man this image leak mystery has gotten me pretty hyped up, especially since no one can truly debunk this Geno image.

Quick side note: Do you guys think it would be cool if we got another Smash Original stage? My first thought goes to the room from the intro of Smash 64, maybe the desk in particular, with it being a stage that evolves over time to tell the legacy of Smash in all it's glory.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We Geno fans still have some hope the picture is real

But I wouldn't put all your eggs in one picture

Even if it's fake, we should still have faith that Geno is getting in. It's a really nice picture, and the best Geno model we've seen BY Far (With maybe the exception of the Smashified model). But even if it's fake, it doesn't "deconfirm" Geno.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Man this image leak mystery has gotten me pretty hyped up, especially since no one can truly debunk this Geno image.

Quick side note: Do you guys think it would be cool if we got another Smash Original stage? My first thought goes to the room from the intro of Smash 64, maybe the desk in particular, with it being a stage that evolves over time to tell the legacy of Smash in all it's glory.
i want Meta Crystal back (maybe make Metal Mario his own character like Mario as Akuma is to Ryu a.k.a. Broken af mario)

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Yo...YOOOOOOO!

So I just recently heard the Happy Home Designer Ultimate remix, and this gets me pumped. Imagine a metal or rock remix of Beware The Forest's Mushrooms!

EDIT: AS funny as that Simpsons joke was Hot_N_Tasty Hot_N_Tasty I need to make sure people know what song I mean, XD

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
i want Meta Crystal back (maybe make Metal Mario his own character like Mario as Akuma is to Ryu a.k.a. Broken af mario)
Metal Cavern is a stage I've wanted for a really long time. it was so cool in 64! but it made me sad I could never actually play on it.
but the original toy room would be a really cool throw back idea as well!

also speaking of stages I know we have talked about Geno stage ideas to death. but had an idea to add on the Bowser's Castle with Exor idea a lot of people have suggested. while I think a lot of us figured that idea would involve having Exor as a stage boss. but what if once you beat him he actually sucks you into Smithy's world just like in the game?

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
What's the current status? :o I was told that someone finally debunked the image because it doesn't have Ultimate's lighting. Is this true? D:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What's the current status? :o I was told that someone finally debunked the image because it doesn't have Ultimate's lighting. Is this true? D:
No; the white lines (apparently called a Fresnel, as I've learned from one of vaanrose's posts) can be seen against the yellow of the collar, one of his strips of hair, and perhaps his right ear. Plus, the shading is really inconsistent, with some images (even closeups) lacking the white lines in decent amounts of the model, and in dark shadows. The white outline stuff is also very weak against blue surfaces in bright-blue stages.

Last edited:

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
Shader quality often takes geometry into play to look right. This pic has been out for a while and could have been from an in development image. You don’t get shaders media ready right away

blubber68744

Smash Rookie
With all this coming up, I feel convinced more now than ever Geno will get in this Smash, while I haven't said it I am a supporter, and I would be as happy as anyone else here if he were to get in this game as it could be his last shot so lets make it count. *and I would rather he not be dlc less we be called pay2wins

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm gonna drop this here for everyone to use. I just gathered almost everything we've come to find into one easy image.

View attachment 170666

My first attempt was actually in the air, but the one I sent in SmashBoards was taken with the Mii standing on the top platform of the travelling stage. I knew doing a retake would come in handy.

EDIT: Here's the first take. Was mid freefall from an Up-B.

View attachment 170667
I guess this is it. Now I just have to hope his trailer begins with Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Kirby (repping Mallow) walking in the woods and seeing a star crashing unto a doll and it all goes historic from there.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Guys, what if it's taken from the Wii U version...?

This was pointed out in the Discussion thread, and I notice a similar area in the upside-down Mii pic...

...though, it could be similar in Ultimate where the brightness of the horizon stuff changes, so perhaps it's a different side of the stage? Or maybe it's an early version, similar to the Ken pic? Weird that other stuff seems consistent, though...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys, what if it's taken from the Wii U version...?

This was pointed out in the Discussion thread, and I notice a similar area in the upside-down Mii pic...

...though, it could be similar in Ultimate where the brightness of the horizon stuff changes, so perhaps it's a different side of the stage? Or maybe it's an early version, similar to the Ken pic? Weird that other stuff seems consistent, though...
Some people were just discussing that and they seem to think it's consistent with what we've seen of the Smash Ultimate Delfino plaza

Someone else mentioned that the background in 4 was darker

compare.png

I'm not too sure. I haven't been able to compare images. I'll have to look up footage of the new Delfino Plaza

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is what has me worried, the right side:

...but as we can see, the brightness and amount of it changes depending on the side of the stage's background, so I'm hoping it's similar in Ultimate. (and the sky might be a bit too bright here(?))

Also, I don't think there's any footage of Delfino Plaza available, aside from less than a minute in the 8/8 direct, but the horizon isn't visible.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If nothing else I hope this is real just to kill box theory.

I'd feel better about it if I saw Geno interacting with other characters or something, though.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Some people were just discussing that and they seem to think it's consistent with what we've seen of the Smash Ultimate Delfino plaza

Someone else mentioned that the background in 4 was darker

View attachment 170683

I'm not too sure. I haven't been able to compare images. I'll have to look up footage of the new Delfino Plaza
We don't have many images of Delfino at the moment. but someone earlier showed an image of the sky that we could see from a picture we have and it looks like the skyline does look brighter in ultimate. same look as you see in the Geno leak picture.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We don't have many images of Delfino at the moment. but someone earlier showed an image of the sky that we could see from a picture we have and it looks like the skyline does look brighter in ultimate. same look as you see in the Geno leak picture.
LOL, if we don't have any images to compare it to then how can that be used as an argument for the picture being fake?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
LOL, if we don't have any images to compare it to then how can that be used as an argument for the picture being fake?
Hm, that's correct.

Plus, looking back at these images more, the skyline and brightness seem inconsistent, which may be the case in Ultimate...

I'm still worried about that Mii picture, but even the sky there seems like it may be a bit brighter than in the Geno image, and may look similar in an area in Ultimate, so it's still not debunked.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This is what has me worried, the right side:

...but as we can see, the brightness and amount of it changes depending on the side of the stage's background, so I'm hoping it's similar in Ultimate. (and the sky might be a bit too bright here(?))

Also, I don't think there's any footage of Delfino Plaza available, aside from less than a minute in the 8/8 direct, but the horizon isn't visible.
I've gone to the trouble for you.

Adjust for brightness and it's almost seamless.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I've gone to the trouble for you.

Adjust for brightness and it's almost seamless.

Welp, now I have a bad feeling.

Unless the stage ends up similar in Ultimate with how the color's brightness varies (granted we have only one screenshot that has the horizon, and the colors are similar), or it's an early version, I'm afraid we may be stuck with a well-done leak where the creator of the model decided to never release it.

please be real.

edit: though I wonder if it actually is an early version, if they just used old assets as a base and remodeled them later; everything else about the Geno image seems consistent :S

but, I admit, that's reaching...

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Welp, now I have a bad feeling.

Unless the stage ends up similar in Ultimate with how the color's brightness varies (granted we have only one screenshot that has the horizon, and the colors are similar), or it's an early version, I'm afraid we may be stuck with a well-done leak where the creator of the model decided to never release it.

please be real.

edit: though I wonder if it actually is an early version, if they just used old assets as a base and remodeled them later; everything else about the Geno image seems consistent :S

but, I admit, that's reaching...
I dont see what the issue is. This could very well be how it looks like on the switch. Or do you see something overly off?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I dont see what the issue is. This could very well be how it looks like on the switch. Or do you see something overly off?
I think the thing with that is now it looks TOO similar to the Wii U version. Or worst case...it IS the Wii U version and this is an elaborate render to fool us.

I don't think it is though.

Also, if I had my Wii U I would take that horizon picture for vaanrose. Get this man the pic!

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'ed kind of

Last edited:

SoopahSanikMoo

Smash Rookie
Not related to the discussion, but I have this thread bookmarked under the name "THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST" and I just wanted to share that lol.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well, at least there is some extra excitement for us Geno Bros. Seems like a lot of people have really turned against him in more popular places because he has become a more real possibility.

A lot is lining up in his favor, and this seemingly insignificant image is sticking around a lot longer than I ever expected. I’ve been generally a lot less confident about characters in this final stretch, but today is the first time my heart has had a pang of legitimate hope in a while. I admit there’s probably a lot to deal with regarding this picture, and it is going to be under increased scrutiny, so let’s just prepare ourselves for whatever the outcome is.

I don’t necessarily believe it, but I’d be lying if it didn’t inspire a little more hope than usual!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

We only have a single picture of the ocean horizon line on Switch, so we can't make a definitive statement about what it looks like at this specific point, however, from the one image we do have, we can compare the ocean in that spot to how it looks in the same spot on Wii U. The ocean shader on Wii U has that bright gradient almost radioactive look as it approached the horizon, while the ocean shader on Switch is a flat, solid, more appealing blue.

Also, if I had my Wii U I would take that horizon picture for vaanrose. Get this man the pic!
As for this, it was a dead end. I noticed that the ocean horizon line is a very clean, very sharp edge on the Switch and in the Geno pic, while in every pic I could find of the horizon on Wii U, it was blurry and had a considerable amount of bloom.

However, in that shot of the mii costume from the Wii U posted earlier, the ocean line looks crisp and sharp like it does in the Geno pic.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
notice how smash 4's has two layers on the horizon once it gets to the brightest whitest blue, it goes to a different darker blue of the ocean and then the sky

but in smash ultimate it's the ocean and the sky and nothing in between which matches with the geno leak more

;3

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
We only have a single picture of the ocean horizon line on Switch, so we can't make a definitive statement about what it looks like at this specific point, however, from the one image we do have, we can compare the ocean in that spot to how it looks in the same spot on Wii U. The ocean shader on Wii U has that bright gradient almost radioactive look as it approached the horizon, while the ocean shader on Switch is a flat, solid, more appealing blue.

As for this, it was a dead end. I noticed that the ocean horizon line is a very clean, very sharp edge on the Switch and in the Geno pic, while in every pic I could find of the horizon on Wii U, it was blurry and had a considerable amount of bloom.

However, in that shot of the mii costume from the Wii U posted earlier, the ocean line looks crisp and sharp like it does in the Geno pic.

So.... Which way are we leaning now? x_x

Sounds like we may be leaning towards fake now...?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
When watching footage of Delfino Plaza from Wii U, I can't even see anything that looks like that Mii pic; either the horizon has clouds, or the sky is too dark for it to be the Geno pic while the horizon doesn't end in a neon blue, but instead the ocean ends in a very bright blue (probably white) while there's a neon-blue bar as the horizon, separating the ocean and sky.

So, now I'm confused; this seems very odd. I guess it's a dead end indeed, and we won't know until we get more information. I'm even willing to lean on it being an early version of Delfino Plaza like how the Ken leak was early versions of character models and such.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom