• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Like, if that Geno render is real, what exactly do you think he's doing?
It's either waking up from his puppet state, or turning to face some oncoming threat from behind. My vote is for the latter. This looks like a cutscene to me, and this would be the moment he turns to face whatever enemy is rushing at him. I can envision the camera swooping around to focus over his shoulder pretty clearly.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Le Sigh.

Another day, another promising sign of more Ultimate information down the drain.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Is the render of Geno we've never been able to source really that high of quality? It always seemed quite on non-detailed or awkward to me... That's why I've generally always figured it was just a decent render, kind of like the Isaac one that just cropped up.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
genoleaked.png

I've decided to have a go at this image since it's picked up a lot of speed recently. This is what I could figure out from the looks of it:

- The model is brand new.
This model hasn't been seen anywhere else before the image first surfaced, and interestingly, the model itself more resembles Geno's original appearance compared to the Geno Mii Costume, such as:
- Rounded ears.
- Visible bump on the top of the hat.
- Darkened facial details.
- Top of cape is noticeably larger, compared to the smaller cape of the Mii costume.
- Symbol on the hat is more rounded, while the Mii Costume is more triangular.
- Ribbons are wider and more prominent.

- The stage is unknown.
Most stages have a slow gradient from two blues. Pilotwings and Tortimer Island are the top choices of stage. The problem with this is the orientation. There is no stage in Ultimate that we have footage of that has a transition from dark blue to light blue that is this sharp of a divide. Pilotwings and Tortimer Island have light blue above dark. The image could've been flipped vertically to get a straight shot of Geno, but that's unlikely.

- The model is surprisingly high quality. This could mean two things.
The model isn't a gameplay model, but used in a trailer in some shape or form. This is the least likely of the two.
The model is a gameplay model, but the model has upgraded graphics because the game is paused. This is a phenomenon that occurs in past Smash games, shown in the gif below.

LittleMac3DSComparison.gif

While this feature was only in the 3DS version of Smash 4, it could make sense for Ultimate to also follow in it's footsteps. Being marketed as both a home and handheld console, I could see this showing up when using the game in handheld mode, or even in docked mode as well.

All of this may mean nothing, but it's still fun to pick the little things out. :b:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It could end up being Geno. The last (perhaps only?) character hinted at by Tansut was Cloud. He said he has an idea of who the character might be based on where he heard info from. It's possible his source isn't from Nintendo, but from Square.

He doesn't know which leak it is, but thinks he knows which character it is. This stands to reason it's one that has shown up in several alleged "leaks", such as Geno. He talks about internal discussion, ruffled feathers, and refers to the company as "they", but he never name-drops Nintendo. He eliminated the Ken leak from consideration, which would make sense given Square employees wouldn't likely have much knowledge of that.

If he's not lying, it seems possible. But it's just a theory.

Last edited:

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
The fact Tansut decided to speak now and the last thing he hinted was Cloud makes a bit too much sense, i don't usually believe any leaks but his words have rung some notes in my ears. So keep your eyes peeled on whatever Nintendo are scared about. although i'd like to be surprised rather than to know what got leaked.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I don't know why we're suddenly talking about this leak again, but that's fine
because there's info by the guy who leaked cloud back in smash 4 that nintendo (or possibly square enix) is ruffled that an image was leaked that isn't the ken leak

so one of the picture leaks that have been shown besides ken are real, and we've boiled down (or at least have come to the quick conclusion) that the Geno leak is the one that is real due to it being one of the very few images that has yet to be debunked

SoopahSanikMoo

Smash Rookie
because there's info by the guy who leaked cloud back in smash 4 that nintendo (or possibly square enix) is ruffled that an image was leaked that isn't the ken leak

so one of the picture leaks that have been shown besides ken are real, and we've boiled down (or at least have come to the quick conclusion) that the Geno leak is the one that is real due to it being one of the very few images that has yet to be debunked
Makes sense.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Hmmm surprised no one ever mentions the odd distorted part of the background as it hits Geno's left ear. What's that about? D:

Last edited:

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
To debunk the character select option of the geno pic., All of the character select screen images utilize incredibly high res art done for each character, no polygons or anything are visible, and it has a very different shading style than the actual in game models. this looks more like either his official render for in game or a cutscene. what he is doing is likely either a turn around like many have said, or an idle pose where he would look back.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Something I’ve been thinking about is what if Tetsuya Nomura or someone at Square gave Geno a redesign for Ultimate? He’d still have his classic design as an option though!

If I were to redesign Geno, I’d replace his cape and hat with a hooded jacket! He’d still have some of his eyes covered and his red hair!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Something I’ve been thinking about is what if Tetsuya Nomura or someone at Square gave Geno a redesign for Ultimate? He’d still have his classic design as an option though!

If I were to redesign Geno, I’d replace his cape and hat with a hooded jacket! He’d still have some of his eyes covered and his red hair!
While I don't think they would stem to far from the original design for Smash(I can see them giving him a new look in a new SMRPG game), the idea is fun to ponder.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hmmm surprised no one ever mentions the odd distorted part of the background as it hits Geno's left ear. What's that about? D:
That is interesting...honestly, I'm really not sure. The only thing I can think would cause that is possibly editing the image near the ear. Which could be the case. Hard to say.

It's not like that's the only weird part about the background--the right side of the lighter part is lower than the left. And it seems to angle up as it meets his cape. I really am stumped as to what it's supposed to be, but one thing I can say about it: it doesn't seem to be a menu background, as Geno's lighting is tinted blue as well, like he's in the scene. This is especially apparent on the left ribbon (his right.)

If this is fake, they really put some effort into the lighting.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
It is Geno most likely. Wouldn't it be something if it was the image of Banjo walking toward Dixie though? Ruffled *feathers* after all.. Makes me wonder if Nintendo would get more flak from Microsoft or Square depending on which leak was real.

I'm praying it isn't the newer Geno victory image leak. That thing looks like ****..

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797

Now, that's an idea that I can get behind, a new design while also having the option for his classic look. :grin:

Also, I've noticed that when listening to "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" it really ups my productivity. :smash:

domriver

Smash Lord
The image with geno and the victory background may be the one Nintendo is upset about it. Again if we believe this person which happens to have some sort of credibility due to his cloud leak. Like i said earlier i would not be upset if that one is Geno. I like that render of Geno. He is made of wood not sure exactly how else a full blown HIGH DEF 3D Geno would look like im only so familiar with his 3d snes era one. :D Guys we may be honestly looking at Geno finally in Ultimate with that Model. personally i am A OK with it. Of course I want still want an official announcement from Sakurai ( i prefer this) hopefully soon. Of course we can not be blind to the fact that this render ( rather good one) may be a total fake. So yeah. HURRY UP DIRECT!!! xD

TBone06

Smash Ace
Now, that's an idea that I can get behind, a new design while also having the option for his classic look. :grin:

Also, I've noticed that when listening to "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" it really ups my productivity. :smash:
It’s funny how that happens. When I was still in university, I would study to video game soundtracks because they didn’t have lyrics. The SNES era was my main source (Mario RPG, Zelda, DKC, FF4 and 6)

I graduated and got a great job, so it must have worked!

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
It’s funny how that happens. When I was still in university, I would study to video game soundtracks because they didn’t have lyrics. The SNES era was my main source (Mario RPG, Zelda, DKC, FF4 and 6)

I graduated and got a great job, so it must have worked!
Same actually. Instrumental music is amazing for concentrating.
Source: am now software developer

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Did that image of a very high res Geno in what looked like his reveal trailer ever get debunked? I'd post it, but I can't seem to find it again. The only notable things I can remember is that the background looked like a forest very out of focus and Geno's ears were different; more triangular and slightly smaller.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The background for the Geno image seems like a generic empty blue room to me more than anything else. I do not think it is based on an existing stage in Ultimate, I think it is a background mostly made for reveal trailer purposes, sorta like in Pac-Man's Smash 4 trailer, where in the end the CG footage is just an empty room with Pac-Man, Mario, Donkey Kong, and Mr. Game & Watch. I think that is a scene that will shown at the end of Geno's trailer, assuming it is true.

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Did that image of a very high res Geno in what looked like his reveal trailer ever get debunked? I'd post it, but I can't seem to find it again. The only notable things I can remember is that the background looked like a forest very out of focus and Geno's ears were different; more triangular and slightly smaller.
Oh that one is super fake! In fact it was the Geno discord that made it ':)

Also the ugly geno render earlier in the thread we found was also fake.

So the blue background one is the only one that could still potentially be real.

Although the thing that is bugging me is I don't remember Cloud actually getting leaked way back when.. how do we know that this guy isn't just making it up that he leaked Cloud? Do we have proof that post actually existed?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
It is Geno most likely. Wouldn't it be something if it was the image of Banjo walking toward Dixie though? Ruffled *feathers* after all.. Makes me wonder if Nintendo would get more flak from Microsoft or Square depending on which leak was real.

I'm praying it isn't the newer Geno victory image leak. That thing looks like ****..
we confirmed that image to be fake awhile back, dont worry LOL

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So I just assumed Tansut was talking about Nintendo during my hype, but now that I realize he never specifically mentioned them, maybe he could be talking about Square. They seem to have a really strong anti-leak policy according to Vergeben (assuming he's truthful) and this all seems to line up with that information.

Of course it could just be something that hasn't even gone public yet, but if Tansut has sources, I find it strange that they would tell him about a leak that people can't even see yet.

Although the thing that is bugging me is I don't remember Cloud actually getting leaked way back when.. how do we know that this guy isn't just making it up that he leaked Cloud? Do we have proof that post actually existed?
I don't recall seeing any sources, just people claiming they remember him leaking Cloud by using riddles; "blonde protagonist" statement, and references to Cloud City from Star Wars. So, I dunno, I think they said it was on NeoGaf.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
would it be possible that the image itself isn't from the game at all, rather, its actually from a modeling program that they're using? that might explain the fairly simplistic backround or why the backround is of something we haven't even seen yet.

I mean, if I was trying to keep things under wraps and I saw a leak of the project I was working on and it was on the PROGRAM being screenshotted along with it.. man i'd be pissed at a couple if not a dozen employees, ruffling my feathers indeed.

still, its eerie to think that somewhere out there there IS a real leak. forget your magnifying glasses folks, time to bust out some microscopes!

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
While I don't think they would stem to far from the original design for Smash(I can see them giving him a new look in a new SMRPG game), the idea is fun to ponder.
What if we got:
- An SMRPG Sequel
- A new look for Geno in the sequel
- Both the classic and updated looks in Smash, kind of like how Cloud has his original look and his Advent Children look.

I know I am dreaming but it’s a nice dream. :)

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hmmm, I'm not against the idea of Geno getting a redesign, I just don't if I'm crazy about Nomura doing it...

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Hey, we've been cracking down on the Geno leak and we've finally found the stage! Thanks to SSGuy SSGuy 's suggestion, we've focused the stage in the Geno leak to Delfino Plaza. We found this by going through the travelling stage and found a spot that matches the image almost perfectly.

C2AA54DF-D9BA-4D54-BB66-6B3E9A8E7EA3.jpeg

1C32B50A-39A4-4171-9D05-F6D84A3F9E41.jpeg

This means it isn't a new stage, and we now know where Geno is. The fact that it's a Mario stage is also very intriguing...

domriver

Smash Lord
Hey, we've been cracking down on the Geno leak and we've finally found the stage! Thanks to SSGuy SSGuy 's suggestion, we've focused the stage in the Geno leak to Delfino Plaza. We found this by going through the travelling stage and found a spot that matches the image almost perfectly.

View attachment 170578
View attachment 170579

This means it isn't a new stage, and we now know where Geno is. The fact that it's a Mario stage is also very intriguing...
Wow good work Detective. Hmmm Delfino Plaza hmmm.
EDIT: papagenos papagenos - check this out what say you regarding this?

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

View attachment 170578
View attachment 170579

Epic work. =D

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is a great find.

Now I'm concerned because the model seems to be too high-poly, however - as someone brought up earlier - it could be the model used when the game is paused...

...though, to be honest, there are a few areas on the model that you could argue are polygons...

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

View attachment 170578
View attachment 170579

whooh, we getting closer and closer OWO

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Excellent work, boys. That narrows down an explanation for the odd pose - it could very well be a turning around animation, a taunt, or a Classic mode "Congratulations!" screen.

This is a great find.

Now I'm concerned because the model seems to be too high-poly, however - as someone brought up earlier - it could be the model used when the game is paused...

...though, to be honest, there are a few areas on the model that you could argue are polygons...
It doesn't look THAt high poly to me. The unreasonable blurriness makes it difficult to accurately gauge the quality of the model, and I mean, it's not like the Switch cant render models like that in regular gameplay. Look at some of the screenshots on the Ultimate website; they look pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom